• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Kangaexe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
onlykanga
3DS FC
2363-5649-9211
What buffs/nerfs are you guys predicting to our boy Lucas if any? Personally I hope ppl cant fall out of his PKT2, his PK Fire cant kill, so it locks its KB at a certain % and that his Nair or Fair auto cancells.
But knowing Nintendo he'll just get 2% added to a move and 0.5% taken off one cause Nintendo doesnt understand how fighting games work

(Pssst i made a thing earlier today and id appreciate if you guys checked it out, its not great but irs my first attempt at any video editing really & I hope to be able to learn a bit so I can make some decent Smash vids starting our spikey haird, spike dealin', pig smashin' little rascal!

-Sky)

Odd_0ne

Smash Cadet
NNID
MusicHero64
3DS FC
4124-5828-2172
I hope Lucas gets some lag off his pk thunder and auto cancels for his Nair but if it doesn't happen then I can only hope and dream...

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
If Mewtwo didn't get any changes the first patch after his release I doubt any of the other DLCs will. Too little time.
(Not to mention no presence at EVO).

k-ta

Smash Cadet
NNID
shadowkyo
3DS FC
5284-1414-9946
why do ppl allways switch to ness the second game in for glory? ALLWAYS when i play lucas :p
Because Ness and Lucas are friendsicles who must fight to the death I guess.

If you're lucky you can get a Lucas ditto, and if you're SUPER lucky you can get a third game of Lucas vs Claus.

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anything is a true combo into a grab because of the way hitstun works and doesn't work in this game, but also because Lucas's grab is really slow. But down tilt being more reliable just means it's not as bad of an option as it used to be.

Kangaexe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
onlykanga
3DS FC
2363-5649-9211
I don't think anything is a true combo into a grab because of the way hitstun works and doesn't work in this game, but also because Lucas's grab is really slow. But down tilt being more reliable just means it's not as bad of an option as it used to be.
Still not great :/

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice
I think the close hitbox confirms into grab, not the tip of the foot. Gives him the option of getting a grab at the range where non tether characters could try for one without risk.

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
Still not great :/
I beg to differ, the inner hitbox is waay better now, with some quickness in your thumb you can even ff nair to turnaround dtilt grab now, its not a true combo - but it sure works! Not to talk about misspaced jablocks that will now result in a free grab!

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
@BlueberrySyrup That was a lot of fun, you really showed me the ropes with your Lucas!

I hope we can do that again, sometime! I wanna learn your stuff badly! :-)

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
@BlueberrySyrup That was a lot of fun, you really showed me the (snake) ropes with your Lucas!

I hope we can do that again, sometime! I wanna learn your stuff badly! :-)
Come on.
You can't miss opportunities like that.

The internet at my new apartment building does not function properly and I don't know if I'll get to play until they change provider in "fall." Which could be anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months or 3 months or what unless I keep asking around, but American internet providers are so universally incompetent I don't have much hope of it getting fixed. I haven't gotten to try out Greninja or Lucas changes online.

Last edited:

notbenny

Smash Cadet
The Lucas changes are helping him out alot. The d-tilt stuff i do with him is sooo satisfying.

notbenny

Smash Cadet
Also, PSI Magnet definitely does more damage. It's pretty disrespectful to kill them with it at the edge of the screen at like sixty percent.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Also, PSI Magnet definitely does more damage. It's pretty disrespectful to kill them with it at the edge of the screen at like sixty percent.
That doesn't seem to be the case. It still deals 8% damage.

ilysm

sleepy
I'm putting this on both the Ness and Lucas boards so. For the longest time I've mained Ness and Lucas in every iteration of Smash I've played, because I love the MOTHER series so much and it has honestly changed me as a person and had such a huge impact on my life. But I feel like Smash also has that importance to me now and I'd like to branch out and experiment with new characters, because I feel I won't help myself grow as a player if I don't. I've tried a lot of other characters (not just in Smash 4, in all the games) and in this one I've had the most fun with and interest in Peach. I'm still going to try and play Ness and Lucas at the highest level I can, understand their ins and outs, lurk around their forums and especially social threads, and basically play them whenever I can, but competitively I'm going to switch to Peach, who is an awesome character I've really connected with in Smash 4. This is going to be of almost no consequence since I rarely ever contribute anything other than the very occasional wild conjecture/theory crafting to these boards, but I felt like I should say as much. That's all!

^_^

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually so disappointed by the lack of good Lucas players out there at the moment. Mekos disappeared off the face of the Earth, Pink Fresh doesn't even have a Wii U, FAE probably killed himself after he found out they took out d-tilt infinite, and the odd Lucas reps you see in locals are at best semi decent at a high competitive level. The only semi-active good Lucas out there is Nakat and he honestly doesn't seem like he trusts his Lucas enough to bring him out in tourneys.

I know it's still pretty early into his release and stuff but still. :(:(:(:(:(:(

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
I'm actually so disappointed by the lack of good Lucas players out there at the moment. Mekos disappeared off the face of the Earth, Pink Fresh doesn't even have a Wii U, FAE probably killed himself after he found out they took out d-tilt infinite, and the odd Lucas reps you see in locals are at best semi decent at a high competitive level. The only semi-active good Lucas out there is Nakat and he honestly doesn't seem like he trusts his Lucas enough to bring him out in tourneys.

I know it's still pretty early into his release and stuff but still. :(:(:(:(:(:(

>this. As someone who didnt play Lucas before smash this is really lacklusting.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Well guys I'm going solo Lucas on Anther's this season and so far I'm doing well. Figured this would be one way of actually getting stuff done with him.

Last season I ended up at 47th with Greninja, let's see how I do with sunflower boy.

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice
Well guys I'm going solo Lucas on Anther's this season and so far I'm doing well. Figured this would be one way of actually getting stuff done with him.

Last season I ended up at 47th with Greninja, let's see how I do with sunflower boy.
Best of luck, and remember, winning won't bring Claus back.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Dash Attack always looks like it should combo into stuff but it never does and that bothers me immensely for some reason.

EDIT: 4000 posts hype!

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Saw this recently, thought you guys would like it:

By the way, I saw this as a tip for Lucas (but also applies to Ness) whilst casually studying up on them on the 3DS:

"PSI Magnet - After grabbing a projectile with this move, Lucas can roll backward. By releasing the button at the right time, you can also disrupt enemy attacks."

In other words, magnet cancelling is something they 100% know about and 100% intended. :D

Top Bottom