• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Lucas pulls out one of the Needles during one of his victory animations. Nice little detail.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Hey guys, we need to research dtilt, a certain part of it actually starts a jab reset, but I can't find out how to do i constantly.

I think its the very tip of the foot.

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
The first thing that popped in my mind when I played him was: "oh man, I forgot how floaty he is." Lucas is going to take some getting use to like Mewtwo.
That reminds me of how I really wanted Lucas in the game for a while but I forgot why.

After a day of playing him I remembered that I am horrible with Lucas and I wanted to get better with him that's why I wanted him in so badly

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
What's the neutral? Too much I play him by using PK Fire a few times, then doing forward air or dash grab. I use aerial snake but I'm not sure what I should be when the opponent is also trying to be tricky or just not approaching.

And footstool zero to deaths are usually just looping the same setup over and over again. The only footstool setups getting any use are Meta Knight's by the one guy who really plays Meta Knight, and Greninja's by Japanese players mainly.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Last edited:

prOAPC

Smash Lord
Hi, former Lucas main here in Brawl (I'm APC).
I would like to read the thoughts of well-known Lucas players like Pink Fresh, FAE or Neon.
Tonight I can finally play with Lucas, I'll try the old strategies and see if the work (like zap jump or magnet pull) and see how can we add the new stuff for the metagame (like Zair, I'm pretty good with it).
I'll upload a video of 3DS and next weekend would be the wii u version

RRoulette

Smash Apprentice
researching magnet and the %s it kills at would be helpful. we need to find more approach options other than zair btw

Flamjam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flamjam
I like to think that in Lucas’s side taunt, he’s smack-talking his opponent to Rope Snake.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
So guys, I can jab lock at 61%, if they dont tech sourspot fair, you can position yourself to dtilt at the tip and get a free usmash slightly charged for the kill.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I still wonder just what is Lucas doing in the one victory animation he has the stick with him.

Also am I the only one who's getting sourspot B-Air -> footstool rather often offstage? I did it 3 times to a Roy yesterday.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I still wonder just what is Lucas doing in the one victory animation he has the stick with him.

Also am I the only one who's getting sourspot B-Air -> footstool rather often offstage? I did it 3 times to a Roy yesterday.
He's looking for one of the Seven Needles I think. He won the boss fight after all, so it can't be far right?

Still gotta love how his expression there went from "What do you want?" annoyance to "Oh, hi there!" surprise.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup

You move with them so it's not very surprising, I love doing Dair to Backair, or back to backair.

Magnet Traps are fun too. Stall and reverse to set yourself up.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
That victory animation with the stick might be my favorite. It's adorable. ^^
I have a hard time with the timing of my PK Fires and Zairs. And especially my grabs. :(

PKSeedFlare

Smash Rookie
I know it's probably too early to ask, but when will a Lucas main player tracker be made. :p I just had an amazing two games with a player who goes by MV_Maple (on the 3DS version) and the Lucas doubles we had went right down to the wire. I really want to find him if possible. :]

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
So guys, I can jab lock at 61%, if they dont tech sourspot fair, you can position yourself to dtilt at the tip and get a free usmash slightly charged for the kill.
I noticed that sourspot Fair sets up for a jab lock, but I had no idea that his new Dtilt actually still locked! Thanks so much for sharing, this will be absolutely deadly once we perfect the spacing.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I noticed that sourspot Fair sets up for a jab lock, but I had no idea that his new Dtilt actually still locked! Thanks so much for sharing, this will be absolutely deadly once we perfect the spacing.
You're welcome, you can also use dthrow to bair at 90% and if they dont tech you get a uair for the kill lmao.

I'm planning on becoming top 5 with Lucas, have been since Smash 4 was announced, this is my time to shine bby ;)

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
You're welcome, you can also use dthrow to bair at 90% and if they dont tech you get a uair for the kill lmao.
I've pulled this off a few times, it's SO satisfying. Lucas's combo game is just phenomenal in general.
I'm planning on becoming top 5 with Lucas, have been since Smash 4 was announced, this is my time to shine bby ;)
You have some competition there, heh. ;)

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
Am I the only one who presses Z in the air, intending to use the rope snake, and instead Lucas does a Nair and falls to his death? this is getting really annoying.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
GUYS.

WHY DOES LUCAS'S VICTORY SCREEN WITH THE SEVEN NEEDLES SHOW A NEEDLE RADICALLY DIFFERENT FROM ITS MOTHER 3 AND BRAWL DESIGN.

WHY WOULD THEY GO ABOUT AND CHANGE THE NEEDLE'S LOOK AND COLOR TO BLACK AND REDDISH PURPLE.

I'M ACTUALLY FREAKING OUT HERE.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
GUYS.

WHY DOES LUCAS'S VICTORY SCREEN WITH THE SEVEN NEEDLES SHOW A NEEDLE RADICALLY DIFFERENT FROM ITS MOTHER 3 AND BRAWL DESIGN.

WHY WOULD THEY GO ABOUT AND CHANGE THE NEEDLE'S LOOK AND COLOR TO BLACK AND REDDISH PURPLE.

I'M ACTUALLY FREAKING OUT HERE.
To make it more pretty or a Mother 3 Remake ;o!

Banette

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one who presses Z in the air, intending to use the rope snake, and instead Lucas does a Nair and falls to his death? this is getting really annoying.
The same happens to me every now and then, but I have not been able to reproduce this behaviour in training mode as of now - you're not alone, but I cannot provide an answer as to what causes the issue to occur I'm afraid.

Flamjam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flamjam
I get that a lot too. I have to double jump before I can use his tether as a recovery, strangely. I’m not familiar enough with tether recoveries to know how they work, though, but it is annoying to keep throwing out aerials.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Trying to use a Zair when you're tumbling tends to do that. Try airdodging right before using the zair.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
If you're in tumble, you cannot tether; you'll just do an aerial instead like you said. To get around it, double jump to get out of tumble then tether. Similarly, if you perform an aerial then try to tether immediately, you'll airdodge instead because it buffers an air dodge input before the aerial animation ends. The ending animations on Lucas's aerials seem to be longer than in Brawl, which may be throwing some people off. To avoid this, wait a brief moment after using an aerial then tether, or just double jump to "cancel" the ending animation like in the first issue I mentioned.

Last edited:

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Alright.

I basically spent the entire afternoon and evening yesterday using Lucas, and some of today. And all I can say is that I love this character. Everything I liked from brawl, hoped for for smash 4, and enjoy using in a character in general is present, and although losing some techs is a shame, I'm still very happy with the result. Couple that with Mother 1's overseas release, and I'm literally speechless. I actually couldn't think of anything to express myself until today, ahaha. Here's to a great career for Lucas in smash 4, and the future to come.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
I'm gonna be making a list of all kill percents on Lucas's Throws
Which stage should I pick?

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup

Check out my video, thought I'd post some really nice discoveries I found!

And some bread and butter things!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom