• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
I'm gonna be streaming MOTHER 3 together with a friend who's running the game blind only hours before the DLC.
Uggg... I can't wait any longer...
"No crying until the end."

Only 3 days until Lucas! I never really played him in Brawl so I'll give him a shot now.
Specifically 2 days 13 hours 9 minutes 30 seconds hehe
I played them in brawl for fun, but now that I'm playing SSB4 more seriously, I wanna play him at a more competitive level.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Once Lucas comes out, me and my friend are going to to play online team battles he will be Lucas and i will be Ness.

Odd_0ne

Smash Cadet
NNID
MusicHero64
3DS FC
4124-5828-2172
Just cant wait for Lucas on the 14th. I wish I can teleport 3 days ahead in time to play him.

Odd_0ne

Smash Cadet
NNID
MusicHero64
3DS FC
4124-5828-2172
The hype train will still be going because there supposed to be another direct right? and if so, there might be another character might be confirmed.

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
On Sunday, I'm gonna wake up at 7:20 in the mornin', eat some Frosted Flakes, sit at my computer with my 3ds in hand with full throttle hype for the Smash direct.

It begins.

Last edited:

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
On Sunday, I'm gonna wake up at 7:20 in the mornin', eat some Frosted Flakes, sit at my computer with my 3ds in hand with full throttle hype for the Smash direct.

It begins.
No offense but don't you think you have too many main? LOL

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
No offense but don't you think you have too many main? LOL
Nah man, you can never have too many mains.

TOO MANY MAINS, TOO MAANY MAINS!
TOO MANY MAINS, TOOOO MAANY MAAAINS!

Last edited:

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
Nah man, you can never have too many mains.

TOO MANY MAINS, TOO MAANY MAINS!
TOO MANY MAINS, TOOOO MAANY MAAAINS!

LOL

Imo everyone of us can use 2 or at most 3 characters to express their full potential.
Opinions ;)

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
LOL

Imo everyone of us can use 2 or at most 3 characters to express their full potential.
Opinions ;)
Yeah, to be fair, everything past Toon Link are secondaries/experiments. :upsidedown:
In fact, for all games, everything past the first 3 mains are secondaries. :seuss:

Last edited:

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
The hype train will still be going because there supposed to be another direct right? and if so, there might be another character might be confirmed.
According to an extremely trust-able source, the next confirmed DLC character would be this guy:

(100% not fake, an anonymous Nintendo of Pangaea employee sent me this in the mail)

Odd_0ne

Smash Cadet
NNID
MusicHero64
3DS FC
4124-5828-2172

It begins.
I'm going to be too hype for Lucas to even sleep.

Lord Retardus

Smash Cadet
Oh man, I was playing Mother 3 today (been stuck at the Chapter 7 Masked Man fight for a little while) and I got the freakin' Mystical Stick! It's A SIGN, I TELL YOU! And earlier on Tanetane I got the Mystical Gloves!

And of course this is the one runthrough where I forgot completely about Lord Passion, ugh. I'll never get the full Mystical set.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
According to an extremely trust-able source, the next confirmed DLC character would be this guy:

(100% not fake, an anonymous Nintendo of Pangaea employee sent me this in the mail)
Nintendo is my uncle and I can confirm this. Here's some gameplay footage of Negative Man in action:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Can't wait for Le Lucas, the first time I play Smash 4 will be whenever Lucas arrives. So pumped
FAE! <3

I wouldn't be too upset with NPC if it came back. 8 player smash would certainly make the stage feel less intimidating when it comes to space.

Haha and also my brother and I will probably do Lucas/Ness teams or Lucas/Lucas again :bee:

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
FAE! <3

I wouldn't be too upset with NPC if it came back. 8 player smash would certainly make the stage feel less intimidating when it comes to space.

Haha and also my brother and I will probably do Lucas/Ness teams or Lucas/Lucas again :bee:
You know, didn't 75 M get some portion of it removed? I'd see NPC getting somewhat similar treatment.

GAIZ I found Negative Man's leaked moveset 1000% REAL
They added references on Worthless Protoplasm-enemy and Flying Man! That dedication from the team is once again amazing!

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You know, didn't 75 M get some portion of it removed? I'd see NPC getting somewhat similar treatment.

They added references on Worthless Protoplasm-enemy and Flying Man! That dedication from the team is once again amazing!
Yeah, the top right elongated platform was removed from 75m.

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
I thought that Lucas would be in the game at first and was so excited to finally main him(i never owned brawl) and then he didn't and I was SO disappointed

when he was announced I swear i was the most excited I have been in years

Also me and my friend are going to destroy with are Ness and Lucus team like we did in brawl.

My favorite team combo was Lucas back throwing people into my pk thunder 2

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
With only two days left, I wanted to say that I'm seriously happy Lucas made it back.
It was downright saddening to see him gone once the leak happened... I mean, how could Sakurai remove a character that's so deep and adored by so many people around the world? It's so weird.
But alas, Sakurai didn't forget about him in the end. Who knows? Maybe he'll even give Lucas PK Love for his Final Smash.
How epic would that be? ;3

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
With only two days left, I wanted to say that I'm seriously happy Lucas made it back.
It was downright saddening to see him gone once the leak happened... I mean, how could Sakurai remove a character that's so deep and adored by so many people around the world? It's so weird.
But alas, Sakurai didn't forget about him in the end. Who knows? Maybe he'll even give Lucas PK Love for his Final Smash.
How epic would that be? ;3
I'm glad because without the cut lucas could've never came back and saved ness. Currently he is definitely viewed way different than his self in brawl and it represents his character much more

It's especially weird because Sakurai loves the mother series

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Just a bit less than two days to go! I tried playing him on Brawl earlier but it just isn't happening... I'm really not used to Brawl's mechanics any more, lol.

Out of curiosity, what's the first thing you guys are going to do when Lucas arrives? For me, I'm going to go to Training Mode and see what his Final Smash is. I'm almost certain that it's still PSI Starstorm, but I'm checking nonetheless.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Out of curiosity, what's the first thing you guys are going to do when Lucas arrives? For me, I'm going to go to Training Mode and see what his Final Smash is. I'm almost certain that it's still PSI Starstorm, but I'm checking nonetheless.
Obviously play him out in Sm4sh from the ground-up. Break free from those chains of massive floatiness from Brawl. Discover highly-trained Snake Rope. See what combos are best applicable in low percents and what we moves we can still use to kill in higher ones.

Also go on For Glory and see millions of other people playing Lucas which basically makes 14.06.2015 the Official Lucas Ditto Day.

Last edited:

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
The second day continues.

(P.S I suggest bookmarking Nintendo's Twitch page, saves the time and effort.)

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Instead of Pac-Man (which actually is a really cool newcomer) i would say Dark Pit, Dr. Mario and Lucina.
Except they didn't take the place of any potential characters though, they were just added cause they were easy to make and I personally don't see a problem with that.

Last edited:

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
Except they didn't take the place of any potential characters though, they were just added cause they were easy to make and I personally don't see a problem with that.
Instead of Dark Pit, Lucina and Dr Mario they could put Lucas, Snake and Wolf.
Wasted slot.

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
Wasted slot.
i dont think theres limited spots to begin with. and since theyre clones theyre much easier to add into the game after the final roster is finished. nonetheless i still want snake and wolf back, its unfair for those mainers.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Wasted slot.
Except Sakurai said himself that they didn't take the place of any potential character which I also said in my post and if you actually bothered to do the research then you would find the article where he stated that himself... they had a limited amount of time as the game was going to be released and couldn't add any completely new characters so they just threw in the clones cause those were the only characters they could add in before the game was released. It's not that they didn't want to add those characters in but they didn't have the time too because for the clones all they had to do was take the already existing model and make minor changes. I'm pretty sure they would have to recreate the Wolf, Snake, and Lucas models completely to make it match the new game.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Is there someone seriously saying Dark Pit, Lucina and Dr.Mario take as much effort to make as Lucas and Wolf?

And Snake is a lost cause at this point.

ilysm

sleepy
Wasted slot.
I don't know, I don't really like the 'wasted slot' argument. It might have been valid back in Melee or Brawl (though there really weren't many clones in Brawl), but with the advent of DLC the 'wasted slot' thing doesn't apply as much considering there's a theoretically infinite amount of characters that could be added.

Top Bottom