• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

MainJPW

M.T.A
That's more than ten years ago.
Characters can change a lot in that time.
Both Ness and Lucas got slightly different designs from how they appeared in Brawl.
Uh, yes, and now they look closer to their clay model designs.
What I mean is they would make her look as close to that design as possible, just as I'm sure if Ninten made it in he would have pacman style eyes as well.

Last edited:

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
In case you haven't heard, there's a Japan exclusive Nintendo Direct on Sunday. You guys think we'll get a release date for Lucas, or anything Mother related at all? It's targeted for Japan, after all. Perhaps even Roy?
I doubt it :(

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I actually had a bit of an idea as I was waking up this morning that they could actually reveal Snake and Wolf in the same trailer if they wanted to - using the com system, it would start with Snake's introduction and then have the Starfox characters hacking into the chat along with Wolf.

I thought it'd be pretty cool. Really hoping for Roy though (that will be a whopping 5 FE characters in smash 4 :laugh: )

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
I actually had a bit of an idea as I was waking up this morning that they could actually reveal Snake and Wolf in the same trailer if they wanted to - using the com system, it would start with Snake's introduction and then have the Starfox characters hacking into the chat along with Wolf.

I thought it'd be pretty cool. Really hoping for Roy though (that will be a whopping 5 FE characters in smash 4 :laugh: )
Snake won't come back.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Snake won't come back.
Honestly, the demand is definitely high enough. There's nothing else stopping him either, as even though Kojima left Konami, (or whatever happened to him, I'm not exactly sure of the details regarding the issue) Konami still owns the character. They've even retweeted and favorited several Snake supporting tweets.

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
Lol not at all, but maybe just a little? :troll:

We all want different things, but at least 3 of those characters are Nintendo property.
I think it adds much more diversity to the game when we have 3rd-party characters, actually. Sonic and Mega Man are proving to be pretty good in the metagame and also bring in more potential players since they represent older franchises that may interest people who normally wouldn't play smash. my brother also mained Snake in brawl so it'd be cool if Snake made it back in this smash.

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
Honestly, the demand is definitely high enough. There's nothing else stopping him either, as even though Kojima left Konami, (or whatever happened to him, I'm not exactly sure of the details regarding the issue) Konami still owns the character. They've even retweeted and favorited several Snake supporting tweets.
He's a 3rd party characters, the chances aren't very high at all. I'm wondering why we've got sonic but not snake...
Sorry for my english but i'm italian!

As long as we don't get K Rool, Waluigi, Dixie Kong, or Banjo Kazooie, I'll be happy.

hate me yet?
K Rool, Waluigi and Banjo are EXACTLY the characters that i want to see!
I hate you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
He's a 3rd party characters, the chances aren't very high at all. I'm wondering why we've got sonic but not snake...
Sorry for my english but i'm italian!

K Rool, Waluigi and Banjo are EXACTLY the characters that i want to see!
I hate you :)

They just seem like joke characters. I can't take them seriously, they're too goofy. Sm4sh needs more mature characters (Snake). we already have the entire damn Mario cast, that's enough "fun" characters. not to mention DK characters and the others who are "silly, fun" characters.

Last edited:

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
I understand people like these characters and I don't mean to offend, but this is just my opinion.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
I think it adds much more diversity to the game when we have 3rd-party characters, actually. Sonic and Mega Man are proving to be pretty good in the metagame and also bring in more potential players since they represent older franchises that may interest people who normally wouldn't play smash. my brother also mained Snake in brawl so it'd be cool if Snake made it back in this smash.
I agree to an extent, it depends on the character.

The third parties already in the game are iconic and have history with nintendo. I feel that sometimes people take the 3rd party characters too serious and almost forget that Smash is mainly dedicated to celebrate the history of Nintendo, rather than the history of videogames.

Let's see, he was Nintendos biggest rival in the 90's, started the great console war, has a history of Nintendo exclusive games, not to mention the Mario and Sonic games..

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
while these things are only half Lucas related, i'm showing them anyway:

this picture i made of my DLC requests

And this match that made me sweat so much, that PK Flash dodge was his biggest mistake (I'm Ness so this kinda counts as Lucas related)
sorry for potato camera
This was also made before I knew how to PK Thunder twice

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
GET THE MYSTICAL SHOES IN OSOHE CASTLE

Usually about three is enough to see you through.
I don't actually remember the exact number but stop a little after when your characters start only gaining one level at a time.

Last edited:

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
while these things are only half Lucas related, i'm showing them anyway:

this picture i made of my DLC requests

And this match that made me sweat so much, that PK Flash dodge was his biggest mistake (I'm Ness so this kinda counts as Lucas related)
sorry for potato camera
This was also made before I knew how to PK Thunder twice
That ending was pretty nice! good job!

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
That ending was pretty nice! good job!
you think that's awesome
Look how scary my Sonic Is:

Sonic is my main I use the least, but when I do use him, I tear things apart.
I don't often play Sonic, but when i do, i kick ***

And yes I did jump in mid spin dash at the beginning, I call it Bait.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
So this Japanese Nintendo direct.
Could we potentially get a release for Lucas.
If we do I might flip a table.
Link for anyone who wants it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDDwZ7A4QIk
oof, I didn't realize the Direct was so early.. It's at 5 AM for me. Curse you, timezones..

I'm not much of an early bird, but I feel like I'll miss something completely amazing if I don't wake up to watch it live.. :L

Sonsa

Smash Champion
A day before June! Time for me to join the Lucas hype again! This japanese direct might mention him maybe...? E3 soon, so I assume Lucas would be released in a pack with other characters and stages and tournament mode, etc, but...I dunno, maybe we'd get a lil mention and explanations on moveset changes...?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
A day before June! Time for me to join the Lucas hype again! This japanese direct might mention him maybe...? E3 soon, so I assume Lucas would be released in a pack with other characters and stages and tournament mode, etc, but...I dunno, maybe we'd get a lil mention and explanations on moveset changes...?
We might get to see him on the 3ds :D

PSIMagnet

Smash Rookie
I'm recently seeing this picture on Japan's website, but I think it's new!
(Notice the sign that's on the right of Lucas.) This isn't on the US smash site, so what does it mean?!

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
(Notice the sign that's on the right of Lucas.) This isn't on the US smash site, so what does it mean?!
If I had to guess, I'd say probably "coming soon" or something like that.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
I actually noticed it as well this morning.. I'll try to hit up my friend whom knows Japanese, see if he can translate it. That is if the American website doesn't show this tommorow.

I'm not entirely sure it means "Coming Soon" although.

EDIT: My intuition was right. It's actually written "Work in Progress!"

Last edited:

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
Soooo... you think we need more pretty-boy anime characters who act all serious and angsty?
No thank you.
Never said that. Snake isn't in that category. we certainly don't need more characters that cause people like you to say things like that.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Never said that. Snake isn't in that category. we certainly don't need more characters that cause people like you to say things like that.
Nintendo is pretty lacking in the "photorealistic human" department.
If it's serious, it's more than likely drawn in an anime artstyle.

So the options are pretty limited.

Top Bottom