• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
What customs would lucas have?
None if Mewtwo won't get any. If Lucas does get them, I won't expect much except for small variants, like maybe Ness's specials with Paralysis for Fire, Counter for Magnet, and I don't know for Freeze and Thunder.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I can't wait until school ends so that I can play Sm4sh and practice all summer! :^)
It's weird that some people are still in school. I got out two weeks ago. It's funny how close I am to graduation. Just my Junior and Senior year and it's done.

Sometimes I think it would have been nice to take a page from Lucas' book and just spend my days beating the hell out of dinosaurs instead of studying. :p

YouReadMyName

Smash Cadet
It's weird that some people are still in school. I got out two weeks ago. It's funny how close I am to graduation. Just my Junior and Senior year and it's done.

Sometimes I think it would have been nice to take a page from Lucas' book and just spend my days beating the hell out of dinosaurs instead of studying. :p
I've still got 2 weeks....

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Finished high school half a year ago and I'm currently on a gap year program. I'll enjoy my dinosaur bashing thankyou very much! ;)

Seriously though, the Summer holidays after you finish school are just incredible.

Also Australia is amazing because we have Christmas/Chanukkah at the end of the school year, Southern hemisphere ftw. ;)

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Tomorrows the last day of sophomore year for me. :) I'll be spending my first day of spring break camping for amiibo. :lick:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
May is almost over

soon Lucas month

Soon.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Not soon enough. Could be end of June. Could get tournament mode treatment and be delayed.
True, sadly. Hopefully we get the date soon. I doubt he will get delayed, but I will be so bummed out if it happens.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
True, sadly. Hopefully we get the date soon. I doubt he will get delayed, but I will be so bummed out if it happens.
It is highly improbable that he'll be bumped out of his original release date. To be fair, waiting for Lucas felt [and still feels] longer than waiting for Mewtwo because we have a "planned" date.

And you see, it is this impatience that caused me to re-create Lucas's model from what we seen in the Nintendo Direct [also from Ness's current Wii U model.]

Enjoy the [most] overpowered move that the Up Smash is.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Thought you guys would enjoy a discussion some friends and I were having in another thread. Each colour represents a different person speaking, but each person sticks with their colour (so every time you see light blue for instance, that's the same person talking each time). I'd quote them directly but don't think it's needed to summon them here just because I quoted them. My normal colour (dark green) is me in the conversation. Some people have colours similar to their normal post colours here on SB but not all, especially seeing as many just used white text. :p

Have a feeling Lucas will end up being a beast in this game. Call it a hunch.,. We'll see.
Pls yes. If Lucas is good then my dream will be complete. <3
I expect a very average (exact middle of curve) Lucas with great KO power.
First thing I noticed about Lucas is that he looks WAY happier than he did in Brawl.
That's exactly what I'd like.

Don't want him to be bad to the point that most matches feel exhaustive/frustrating.

But I don't want him to be so good that a bunch of people are going to be playing the same character as me. :laugh:

Besides, as far as my tastes go in terms of my mains in relation to tier lists, "very average" is an improvement haha.
Indeed.

He looks much more confident this time around.

The fan requests gave him strength.
:4lucas:
The person below quotes orange, then says:
Just looking at it makes him look way stronger too. It's sorta like he got a "new appearance" makeover the way Ike did.

Lucas didn't have much to smile about for the entirety of Mother 3, as reflected in his still-a-cry-baby character development in the SSE. By the end of Mother 3, however, Lucas had a lot more to feel up about. He was at peace. His whole world opened up, and by that point in Mother 3, he was a high level and, by extension as a PSI user, one of the most powerful people on the planet. To see that smile reflect in Smash 4 makes it feel like that Lucas, one that has already gone through all of his adventure--one that would be ready to challenge walking one-man-armies and demi-gods--is the one in Smash Bros. now... As if Brawl was just "a" Lucas, where as Smash 4 finally has the Lucas.

...That, or I'm just looking too much into a blonde boy's smirk.
I like how you say "or" as if there were doubt.
No longer getting grab released is going to be a major buff out of the gate for Lucas.
The person below (me) quotes red and then says:
SPOILERS:

More like his whole world got totally obliterated and re-created! :awesome: But yeah, he does save the world and after everything he goes through, the new world is meant to be fine.

So yeah, Lucas looks so much happier and it's actually amazing.

Personally I'd like him a bit above the curve. If I could have my way, I'd like Lucas to be a high mid or high tier that covers Ness' worst MU, which is Sonic. I'd like it if he beat Rosaluma and Sheik too but I highly doubt that would happen. :p

I'm hoping his grab combos and boss Uair will help with that. The extra 4 frames of shield drop in his game might make SH FF Uair an essential part of his spacing, a little like it is with Ness right now. Also a safe PK fire will make me feel so happy <3. Expect a spammy Lucas from me that's even worse than, well... When life gives you lemons, WATCH THEM BURN IN FLAMES. :evil:

But seriously I'm gonna love playing as my co-main. It'll feel so natural. I'm so happy! ;_;
It's gonna be weird "unlearning" Zap Jump.
We then debated about whether Lucas would be better than Ness or not based on the likelihood of other smash 4 clones and semi-clones being better/worse than their original source. Then we got back to Lucas.

The person below quoted dark green (me), from when we were talking about Ness' PK jump and Lucas' zap jump and how I thought zap jump would still be in the game, then went on to say:
Even if Zap Jump is gone, Rope Snake's length has gotten a lot longer. Like, long enough to where a good Lucas will never have to rely on PKT2 for recovery. I think that alone is going to put Lucas higher up the tier-list than Ness, assuming he follows the other fundamentals of Ness's buffs this game.
Will Lucas have a Z-Air this time..? I wonder?
Tethers are so good this game. Toon Link can recover with it from pretty great distances and it allows him to wait out down smashes, eruptions, and the like. Tether grabs are still meh though.
I tag lime green (the one two quotes above) and go on to say the following:
I hope it either has a hitbox or is lagless on landing, or both. Considering the other Z-airs in the game, I'd say the former is most likely to happen, but unfortunately probably not the latter. :( Hopefully it'll be a really long grab range as well. I REALLY WANT PIVOT GRAB BACK THOUGH.

The thing about Lucas and Ness is that Ness in this game is a top tier only really inhibited by 3 major things, those being recovery, mobility (even though it's decent, but not quite as great as the other top tiers) and to a lesser extent, the relative non-safety of his aerials on block as opposed to the other top tiers (Fair can be punished, Nair can be punished, Uair is a it harder but still punishable and even Bair can be punished by more mobile characters in some situations).

Lucas gets a better recovery (probably still not relevant against Rosalina, unless Lucas' PKT was like Ness in that it had a few frames of not even being able to be absorbed/reflected (THAT WOULD BE SO COOL) and the rest was just transcendent like the opening frames of Ness' PKT. If his aerials are balanced, then his aerial game will probably be harder to punish than Ness' (Fair will be punishable but decent, Uair will hopefully be good, Dair should be a really effective harassing/pressuring option and Nair as a good OoS option that leads into Dtilts/jabs if blocked, but more importantly PK Fire will be a bloody useful tool in neutral) and might suffer a little less from being juggled too. As for mobility though, it'll probably be about the same, or a little better like in Brawl perhaps.

It's hard to say who will be better. I really hope they're close together in viability like they were in Brawl. It'd be such a nice thing to see the Mother series shining brightly in smash 4's meta. :D

Also I've never noticed just how many jokes we could make from your name Diddy. I was thinking about cropping Swampy's post ("at least you have :4diddy: ") and then cropping the 'Diddy Kong likes this' and showing it to someone totally out of context. :laugh:
And that's where we're at so far. Enjoy ^_^

I suppose you've seen a few names here that make it not anonymous, but that's fine really, I just didn't want to give everyone an alert from being quoted and coming here to see they had only been quoted for the discussion. :p

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
What would you guys think if they treated his default as a Yellow costume and gave him a red alt. as DCMC shirt?
or what if they treated his default as a Red costume and gave him a yellow shirt with a sunflower on it as a yellow alt?
or they could just give him a red shirt with a sunflower on it. what would you guys prefer?

ilysm

sleepy
Man, both would be cool. I love the idea of him having DCMC paraphernalia,

especially considering the merchandise and music has saved his life on more than one occasion, plus one of his best buds is in the band.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The best part about Lucas will be Tether -> Ledgetrump -> Bair since you act sooner out of a ledge tether, he gets a free ledge trump by waiting, and Bair spikes.

YouReadMyName

Smash Cadet
It wouldn't matter if there are different skins for Lucas. God Boney must be appeased and all Lucas Mains who call themselves Lucas Mains know the power God Boney has. We all must appease the God by wearing his shirt. Simple.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Boney is great though, he's the first dog in the Mother series that actually sticks with the main protagonist. He's like, always there for Lucas, even when they fall onto the Sunflower Plateau together. He's also fast as hell. I really love Boney. Salsa is cool but Boney is actually explored more and generally more lovable to me (also I love dogs to the extreme <3 ).

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Played Mother 3 until Chapter 5 since yesterday:

Chapter 1: My my, this whole chapter was just both combination of getting comfortable with Mother-games again while also experiencing myriad of feels and anticipation. The part with Flint hearing about Hinawa's death was so damn tearjerking and stressing to experience though - I had to lay the game down a bit. The following adventure tried to be funny thanks to Alec's attempts at humor, but fighting a Mecha Drago had me really moody. Boy, was I glad Alec managed to keep Flint from killing the mechanized Drago.

Chapter 2: What a peculiar adventure - and it sold me hard on Duster and Kumatora being one of the coolest Mother-characters I've ever met. Wess Dance and Wess himself were really funny stuff. Osohe Castle is kind of wacky but calm place with those ghosts. Mr.Passion is lost in Public Domain Music.

Found it weird how this time PSI is learned by such characters feeling feverish (actually reminded me about one of Tales of Phantasia's skits where Arche talked about same). Also I found it strange why Kumatora's PSI count wasn't full when she joins you until I remember how she flung PK Freeze at Duster and Wess.

Chapter 3: Fassad is an ********. That's all. Tortures a poor monkey to do his bidding to turn Tazmily into more modern-like civilization which sadly makes people have less communication and goodness with each other. Samba doing the Monkey Delivery with the song felt really sad but atmospheric. You could just feel the new winds blowing soon. Had massive sigh of relief when Lucas summoned a young Drago who also summoned his mother to take massive whooping on Fassad and his troops. Bless.

Still massive sad-face when seeing how Lucas and Flint still visit Hinawa's grave after 3 years or so passed - while Claus is still wound up missing.

Chapter 4: Tazmily sure changed massively. Lightning-based conspiracies. I'm even confused where so many new folk came from, anyway.
Learning PSI for Lucas was pretty peculiar-looking though. Also yeah, still acknowledging how I pull the strings during the part time job. Yep. Also Boney is really smart dog if walking fine on 2 legs regularly. Have both done this sort of sneaking before?

DCMC wasn't shabby at all :p - Kumatora as Violet was very giggle-inducing. "Don't change the expression!!" *Avoids a shot*

Lucas's start of character development had me in warmth when reading how he talked out with Kumatora after the show. Jealous Bass can go screw itself though, I was forced to level grind. :mad:

Loved how could hear a smash when Kumatora instantly got off the waiter clothes and wen through the doors to doormens'. You go gal. The final song for Duster had me pretty melancholic but happy at the same time.

Off to Chapter 5, it is.

Oh right, the chimeras are really creepy.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Played Mother 3 until Chapter 5 since yesterday:

Chapter 1: My my, this whole chapter was just both combination of getting comfortable with Mother-games again while also experiencing myriad of feels and anticipation. The part with Flint hearing about Hinawa's death was so damn tearjerking and stressing to experience though - I had to lay the game down a bit. The following adventure tried to be funny thanks to Alec's attempts at humor, but fighting a Mecha Drago had me really moody. Boy, was I glad Alec managed to keep Flint from killing the mechanized Drago.

Chapter 2: What a peculiar adventure - and it sold me hard on Duster and Kumatora being one of the coolest Mother-characters I've ever met. Wess Dance and Wess himself were really funny stuff. Osohe Castle is kind of wacky but calm place with those ghosts. Mr.Passion is lost in Public Domain Music.

Found it weird how this time PSI is learned by such characters feeling feverish (actually reminded me about one of Tales of Phantasia's skits where Arche talked about same). Also I found it strange why Kumatora's PSI count wasn't full when she joins you until I remember how she flung PK Freeze at Duster and Wess.

Chapter 3: Fassad is an ********. That's all. Tortures a poor monkey to do his bidding to turn Tazmily into more modern-like civilization which sadly makes people have less communication and goodness with each other. Samba doing the Monkey Delivery with the song felt really sad but atmospheric. You could just feel the new winds blowing soon. Had massive sigh of relief Lucas summoned a young Drago who also summoned his mother to take massive whooping on Fassad and his troops. Bless.

Still massive sad-face when seeing how Lucas and Flint still visit Hinawa's grave after 3 years or so passed - while Claus is still wound up missing.

Chapter 4: Tazmily sure changed massively. Lightning-based conspiracies. I'm even confused where so many new folk came from, anyway.
Learning PSI for Lucas was pretty peculiar-looking though. Also yeah, still acknowledging how I pull the strings during the part time job. Yep. Also Boney is really smart dog if walking fine on 2 legs regularly. Have both done this sort of sneaking before?

DCMC wasn't shabby at all :p - Kumatora as Violet was very giggle-inducing. "Don't change the expression!!" *Avoids a shot*

Lucas's start of character development had me in warmth when reading how he talked out with Kumatora after the show. Jealous Bass can go screw itself though, I was forced to level grind. :mad:

Loved how could hear a smash when Kumatora instantly got off the waiter clothes. You go gal. The final song for Duster had me pretty melancholic but happy at the same time.

Off to Chapter 5, it is.

Oh right, the chimeras are really creepy.
I can't wait until you get up to the end of chapter 5, and then chapter 6. That's gonna be fun to hear.

As for everything, I totally agree with you. JEALOUS BASS MADE MY LIFE HELL OH MY GAWSH. XD

Drippy

Smash Ace
Boney is great though, he's the first dog in the Mother series that actually sticks with the main protagonist. He's like, always there for Lucas, even when they fall onto the Sunflower Plateau together. He's also fast as hell. I really love Boney. Salsa is cool but Boney is actually explored more and generally more lovable to me (also I love dogs to the extreme <3 ).
Oh yea I mean I don't hate Boney, I was more of less joking haha and I 100% agree with you. As I said, the thing about Salsa is that he's so adorable, especially with that little dance he does and also his chapter was among one of my favorites along with the song "Monkey's Delivery Service". I definitely still love Boney regardless though and human Boney is undeniably cute. :p

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
True, though I could imagine that the forgoe that if they ever included her in Smash (which won't happen, period).
They wouldn't, they pay pretty close attention to the clay model/designs, otherwise Paula wouldn't have her pacman eyes in her Melee trophy:

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
By this point it's basically less than or exactly a month till Lucas. YAYAYAYAYAA!!!!

Also I did this, no reason to show it, I just want to.
It's Dash in Smash!

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
So I played Project M for a bit today and I decided I REALLY want Roy in smash 4... they just need to change a few moves of his. but of course people will still complain that he's a clone. I don't care, I want him in ;-;

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
I want Roy to be in Smash 4, and to be as objectively better than Marth as Marth was than him in Melee. That would be hilarious.
I'm thinking they should keep his neutral B animation the same as it was in melee to differentiate his from Marth/Lucina's and also change his side B to something that propels him forward, similar to Ike's. I think he has a lot of potential actually.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
In case you haven't heard, there's a Japan exclusive Nintendo Direct on Sunday. You guys think we'll get a release date for Lucas, or anything Mother related at all? It's targeted for Japan, after all. Perhaps even Roy?

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
In case you haven't heard, there's a Japan exclusive Nintendo Direct on Sunday. You guys think we'll get a release date for Lucas, or anything Mother related at all? It's targeted for Japan, after all. Perhaps even Roy?
Did not know this. I am excite.

k-ta

Smash Cadet
NNID
shadowkyo
3DS FC
5284-1414-9946
That actually doesn't sound entirely outlandish, considering Shulk was formally revealed during a Japan-only direct. Though I'm not going to hold my breath on it happening, because that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you set yourself up for disappointment!

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
They wouldn't, they pay pretty close attention to the clay model/designs, otherwise Paula wouldn't have her pacman eyes in her Melee trophy:

That's more than ten years ago.
Characters can change a lot in that time.
Both Ness and Lucas got slightly different designs from how they appeared in Brawl.

Top Bottom