• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK Grape... Explain Please ;_;

prOAPC

Smash Lord
NEW RECORD!
i remember that Levitas (or Tyr?) said that if a reflector touch the head of PK Thunder, Lucas can't control it anymore, but nothing happens if the reflector hits the tail. Each part of the tail hit only once, so what i think is that after the reflector hit the tail, each part of the tail was able to hit again. What i don't understand and surprises me, is the massive amount of damage >_>

Browny

Smash Hater
i think... Lucas PKT is a continuous projectile like no other.

When the reflector came into contact with the tail (big difference) it reflected it for every single frame it was active. so maybe in the order of 15 times since falcos reflector lasts a while

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
When it's slowed down (thanks to the video maker for that btw), it's possible to see the damage's progress: From 8%, to 10%, to 42%, to 48%, to 56%, and finally 76% for the first half of the thing, before the guy looped it a second time.

Second loop: The damage goes from 76%, to 88%, 90%, then suddenly 100%, 102%, 122%, 136%, 156%.

Btw, you can see a hexagon around falco even after he was interrupted by PK thunder. Possibly the reflector was also going screwy in this thing.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
it reflected it for every single frame it was active. so maybe in the order of 15 times since falcos reflector lasts a while
Yea, this is exactly what my friend and I thought happened. Still, we haven't tried to replicate it a second time... scary :S

Levitas

the moon
I commented on the video itself, but I'm pretty sure that the damage given is on two specific frames after the tail's been amplified a bunch and reverted with falco in the middle. Even in frame time, the number of % shown on each given frame "rolls" so it's not a good way to tell when and how much damage was done.

This has got to be the best example of the "glitch" I've ever seen. kudos.

The easiest way to see a similar mechanic in place is to do a fox illusion/falco phantasm into the back end of a PKT for up to ~20% (no reflection boost)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Doesn't falco's reflector make attacks twice as strong?
Yeah, all reflectors multiply damage to some extent. I think it was a combination of the reflector hitting the tail allowing him to maintain control and the multiplied damage from Falco's reflector hitting the tail more than just once.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Yeah, all reflectors multiply damage to some extent. I think it was a combination of the reflector hitting the tail allowing him to maintain control and the multiplied damage from Falco's reflector hitting the tail more than just once.
I remember seeing something similar to this in the ness boards with marios cape. Probably has to do with the reflector multiplying damage that the tail does.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Wow.
So, perhaps the reflector, which can reflect multiple projectiles, actually put a multiplier on some hits of the PKT more than once? That's what makes sense to me. Then, each hit from the tail wouldn't have a 2X multiplier, it would have a 2X * however many times the PKT was registered as being reflected. Since the tail hits several times, each of the hits that HailCrest counted might have just been 1-2 tail strikes.

I dunno, I'm just speculating. I may play Falco, but as someone who prefers Lucas, I do find this quite amusing.

Levitas

the moon
A reflectorbox probably only can reflect a given hitbox once it's reflected ~12 others just like how hitbox refreshes worked in melee (YYG via thunderjacket, black hole glitch).

Therefore, it's possible that the 1.5 multiplier hit multiple times, and I wouldn't discount it, but it'd be really hard to do.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Wow that was so cool
Ive never seen PKT do so much damage
PKT once again causes some sort of glitch
Like when you hit Fox or Falco at the start of their phantasm
they go in crazy directions lol

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Seems to happen when the tail is reflected. Too hard to control to use effectively in a match in my opinion.

lil cj

Smash Lord
I just did this in an online match today
It didnt do as much damage but close enough
yea like everyone said if they reflect the tail
PKT last a little bit longer and the reflector doubles the attack damage

Top Bottom