• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pitts arrow camp makes it hard for me to grenade camp

The_Demon_Barber

Smash Rookie
I recently played a really good pitt and was stumped on how to fight him, he kept sniping my grenades with arrows so i was forced to just go brute strength against him, eventually i figured out his pattern cuz he got predictable but I need to know whats a good strategy going up against a pitt

-Ran

Smash Master
Perfect shielding while alternating between dashing and walking towards him. Pitt isn't someone that you can camp unless you have a stock lead.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Perfect shielding while alternating between dashing and walking towards him. Pitt isn't someone that you can camp unless you have a stock lead.
QFT

For the most part, Pit players who arrow alot tend to get obsessed with them so a power shield into a jab ftilt or anything will usually knock them off. You just have to play a little more aggressive IMO.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Crouching doesn't do much imo. They just angle it down T_T
They won't, if you do it all of a sudden, an infrequently.

At least, not until they figure out what you're doing. Then they'll start to just angle downwards anyway since they'll hit you that way whether or not you're crouching.

-Ran

Smash Master
If he's planking, you drop a C4 on the edge he's at. Then you do a sexy Nikita that's angled at the degree necessary to dead drop onto him after he hits you out of it with an arrow. When he air dodges the Nikita, you explode the C4. Dead Pitt. ^_~ [Of course, only I'm probably that sexy...sooooooo.]

Spot dodging/perfect shielding your own grenades at the edge they are at also works well. Fast fall bair off the edge does too. Even fast fall, predict air dodge, uair does wonders. Really a planking Pitt on the edge isn't that bad. You never hear of random Pitt planking X good snake.

napZzz

Smash Hero
If he's planking, you drop a C4 on the edge he's at. Then you do a sexy Nikita that's angled at the degree necessary to dead drop onto him after he hits you out of it with an arrow. When he air dodges the Nikita, you explode the C4. Dead Pitt. ^_~ [Of course, only I'm probably that sexy...sooooooo.]

Spot dodging/perfect shielding your own grenades at the edge they are at also works well. Fast fall bair off the edge does too. Even fast fall, predict air dodge, uair does wonders. Really a planking Pitt on the edge isn't that bad. You never hear of random Pitt planking X good snake.
you dont have time to do anything like that if the pit is planking you with arrows, maybe the c4 and then start the nikita, but it wont work.

Its hardest to stop him from the edge imo, because if they play it right you either get arrowed at your shield or whatever you do from a short distance or uair/nair'd usually. Not too much to do I guess

-Ran

Smash Master
you dont have time to do anything like that if the pit is planking you with arrows, maybe the c4 and then start the nikita, but it wont work.

Its hardest to stop him from the edge imo, because if they play it right you either get arrowed at your shield or whatever you do from a short distance or uair/nair'd usually. Not too much to do I guess
So you say, but I've done it in tournament matches. =| The first paragraph was something I managed to pull off once which looked amazingly sexy. =P I typically just chase them off the edge, leaving a grenade before I bair off. It limits their options tremendously.

Gr1mmy

Smash Apprentice
Eh, it's still pretty useless imo.

They have quite a bit of time to react to it.

At least, in my opinion.

-Ran

Smash Master
Screw running the clock. Platform drop, lay a C4 on your side. Now you've limited their retreat. Chaaaaaarge. =)

xsephirot

Smash Apprentice
I get wrecked by arrows too. Well not the arrows but when approaching with powershields, i then get wrtecked by pit's overb. ANd then the process repeats

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
I get wrecked by arrows too. Well not the arrows but when approaching with powershields, i then get wrtecked by pit's overb. ANd then the process repeats
Lmao pit, mah boi. Yeh I main pit. that side-b is punishable. Throw a grenade at it and watch the fireworks. If you're up against a pit that can aim, Dont start the match camping. Knee him or somethin then set up your crazy nade traps and c4, or w/e it is you do. Lots of nade guarding or w/e you call it. pit has a buttload of multi hit attacks for when you go in close. das bout it. you really cant out camp pit to well.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoozC5UIpAk&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF3BfiNxpiU&feature=channel_page

Shoulda been called "dannying" instead of planking. It ain't anything new.

Anyways, there's not a whole lot Snake can do other than clever stage counter-picking. But I guess you can aim for a percentage lead then play like Wario and air dodge around and pull some nades until you see an opening. This isn't a matchup in which you are likely to out camp your opponent. Gotta be patient for once. Or you can pick up another character.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Lmao pit, mah boi. Yeh I main pit. that side-b is punishable. Throw a grenade at it and watch the fireworks. If you're up against a pit that can aim, Dont start the match camping. Knee him or somethin then set up your crazy nade traps and c4, or w/e it is you do. Lots of nade guarding or w/e you call it. pit has a buttload of multi hit attacks for when you go in close. das bout it. you really cant out camp pit to well.
Yeah the side b is really punishable especially when the person you play uses it repeatedly.

Like drough and Ruuku have said i mean there isnt any real way to outcamp Pit. You just have to be patient. Really patient and wait for them to make a mistake.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
camping against pit? who's silly idea was that? just run up and ftilt him in the face repeatedly.

no but seriously, snake owns pit at a little further than close range (like, ftilt range). dont even think about hanging back, cause it doesnt work. if he's ledging, use stripped nades over the edge, dropped nades/c4s on and over the ledge, and once in a while (like, once a set) run off and bair to stage spike him. surprise tactics ftw, but dont use it often, cause youll die.

Top Bottom