• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pits Special Moves Discussion

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
no one has answered me yet.
Can pit use his other B moves while his UP B is activated and still contienue to fly?

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Nope. Pit's Smash attacks (Except for his U-Smash) Have decent Kill potential. Most of his moves can inflict damage, yes, but he has plenty of kill power.

Dair isn't a meteor, the trajectory isn't even downwards. The Bair is a backwards stab with his twin blades,

Fair, Bair, F-Smash and D-smash are all killing moves. His Uair is when he spins his blades above him, like a helicopter. His Fair is nothing like Samus's, it's a straight forward horizontal slash.

U-Smash has a similar animaiton, but comes out very quickly. his D-smash isn't nearly as weak as Young Link's os.

It's ok.

Why must people pass judgment even though they didn't play the game?

I was just stating all the speculation I heard and kind of saw on poor youtube videos, it's the only things we can do since no one was here to answer any questions.

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
I added the gif to the first post, sorry it took so long. I don't know who to credit for it though.

RMR

Smash Apprentice
Then, If thats the mirror shield, Whats the Red long tight thing He used ? You know, he Can walk with it and can move things with it.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Then, If thats the mirror shield, Whats the Red long tight thing He used ? You know, he Can walk with it and can move things with it.
wait what? where did you see this?

All I can remember is Lucas with that snake thing that's red and long, I don't recall pit using one...

got video?

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Well, In the Pit SE video, He fights the big scissors thing with it, Im not really sure, but it looks like a Shield
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MMRjY-Grcx4
hm... well I just rewatched that video 4 times, didn't see anything special. This video shows his down B move and a taunt, very nice looking uair and that's about it. During the Double sythe dude (im guessing thats what u meant with the big scissors thing?) he uses his side B, and alot of tilts and stuff, dont really see a long red thing anywhere...

do you have the time frame for me to look at?

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
When the big guy swings his axes they leave a red trail behind them. I think thats what he saw and confused it for something Pit did.

Topaz989

Smash Cadet
hm... well I just rewatched that video 4 times, didn't see anything special. This video shows his down B move and a taunt, very nice looking uair and that's about it. During the Double sythe dude (im guessing thats what u meant with the big scissors thing?) he uses his side B, and alot of tilts and stuff, dont really see a long red thing anywhere...

do you have the time frame for me to look at?
The only weird thing that I got out of the video or even Trailer 2 is that whenever Pit is spinning the bow, he's never actually holding it. Instead he holds his hand stretched out and it just spins on his palm.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
The only weird thing that I got out of the video or even Trailer 2 is that whenever Pit is spinning the bow, he's never actually holding it. Instead he holds his hand stretched out and it just spins on his palm.
I think that's just the attack though, just like how mewtwo doesn't actually "hold" items maybe?

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
It's the weapon of the great goddess of light. Merely humans cannot comprehend the power of its physics

Jellyfish

Smash Rookie
First post...

anyways in the original kid icarus game you had to let the centurions of Palutena out of statues with a mallet that made a squeaky noise. It was a very important part of the game, but I dont think it's one of Pit's special moves and I havn't seen it in any smash videos so....
where the hell is it?
was it just not included?

:urg: I like the mallet.....

Zeela12

Smash Ace
First post...

anyways in the original kid icarus game you had to let the centurions of Palutena out of statues with a mallet that made a squeaky noise. It was a very important part of the game, but I dont think it's one of Pit's special moves and I havn't seen it in any smash videos so....
where the hell is it?
was it just not included?

:urg: I like the mallet.....
Yeah, I wondered about that too. My guess is that it's probably going to be an item? like you use it to hit something, and a centurion pops out and flys and kills something, like one of those from Pit's FS.

not sure... but I think I read somewhere about it being in brawl, from this Japanese magazine, along with the "Sky Palace" and "Hospital/Hot spring" as stages, "Centurion" and "Eggplant Wizard" as others. Probably not too trust worthy though.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the mallet itself will be in.

However, when Pit grabs a Hammer, he swings it like he swung the mallet in the original Kid Icarus. Pretty neat reference.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
Do you know of any movies that show this on youtube?
Yah, I got a link here. Had to go dig up the topic that had the link from another message board, didn't remember off hand where I saw it from. But anyway, here's 2 links. Same video, different place. You see Pit grab the hammer at 5:51.

Youtube - Gamespot

Topaz989

Smash Cadet
Yah, I got a link here. Had to go dig up the topic that had the link from another message board, didn't remember off hand where I saw it from. But anyway, here's 2 links. Same video, different place. You see Pit grab the hammer at 5:51.

Youtube - Gamespot
Thanks. I really appreciate the work you did to show me this :D Pit looks funny when he's 3D but walking like a 2Der.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
If your someone who usually plays as someone with good damaging specials, pit mite be hard cause two out of four do damage and the about 5 and the spin attack 2 but can do around ten hits(the around 10 is a little guess from what is said in first post).. So using the A or standard attacks will be real necessary.

iron blade

Smash Ace
If your someone who usually plays as someone with good damaging specials, pit mite be hard cause two out of four do damage and the about 5 and the spin attack 2 but can do around ten hits(the around 10 is a little guess from what is said in first post).. So using the A or standard attacks will be real necessary.
i would rather pit have his up special than something different that does damage. his is one of the best recoveries

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
It's awesome how you can shoot the arrows up. If they make people flinch they will be good against links dair. His forwardb is awesome!! 0_o

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
yes i completely agree.. Im just saying if your someone who doesnt use standard attacks Pit might be a little hard.

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
i would rather pit have his up special than something different that does damage. his is one of the best recoveries
This. Pits Up B might not do any damage, but it's potential far outweighs any loss from that. He can freaking fly around the stage at will, the coolness factor alone is worth it.

Also reflect moves such as Fox's and Zelda's tend to be really good moves overall. Especially against one of my mates who likes to bounce around the level as Samus shooting people as they fight each other. :p

Top Bottom