• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pits Special Moves Discussion

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
Thought I'd get the ball rolling with this thread about Pits special moves.

Three of Pits special moves are taken from the original NES game, they were the special treasures you received at the end of each stage. The Light Arrows, the Wings of Pegasus and the Mirror Shield. Only two moves have been revealed on the dojo so far, with Whirling Blade and the Mirror Shield being revealed from people playing him at E for All and gameplay videos.

B
Palutena Arrow

The two rings on Pits arm create an arrow of light which he then fires from his bow. The arrow traves very fast, and the trajectory can be changed by tilting the control stick up or down when it's fired.

Up B
Wings of Icarus

Pit gets a boost, then can fly around freely, his wings glow blue while the move is activated. From the videos released so far it looks as though the effect lasts a decent amount of time, with him being able to float around the stage or fly vertically upwards with a few flaps of his wings. After activating you just tilt the control stick in the direction you want to fly. This move along with his multiple jumps and gliding ability looks set to give Pit some of the best aerial mobility in the game.

Both Palutena Arrow and Wings of Icarus can be viewed in this movie

Forward B
Whirling Blade

(Thanks to Zeela12 for the pic!)

The name is tentative, but Pit rushes forward with his bow outstretched and spins it rapidly hitting anyone in the way multiple times. It looks pretty impressive in action. From the Norfair video it appears to do 1-2% damage per hit, and hits quite fast. Yoshi goes from 120% to 132% with one use. This move can also be used to reflect projectiles.

Down B
Mirror Shield

(Thanks to Elec Man EXE for the pic!)

(Thanks to Topaz989 for the pic!)

His last special, revealed most recently is his Mirror Shield. According to reports from E For All it can reflect projectiles and deflect regular attacks like the normal shield. It seems to only protect one side of Pit however.

As more specifics are confirmed I'll update this post to reflect what we know of them, so discuss how you think Pits moves are here! Additional screenshots of them in action would be helpful too if anyone has access to them.nal screenshots of them in action would be helpful too if anyone has access to them.

Magic

Smash Apprentice
His Down-B also blocks attacks from the front. Even smashes and stuff. Doesn't seem breakable.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Hold up a sec, I thought for sure that The Mirror Shield belonged to our Hylan Hero of Time, not Pit.

Plus, when Pit stands there for like 4 to 5 secs give or take, he has Young Link's animation of tappin both of his feet on the ground.

Pit is Link's brethern fellas! *cough* Or surrogate brother.

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
Hold up a sec, I thought for sure that The Mirror Shield belonged to our Hylan Hero of Time, not Pit.

Plus, when Pit stands there for like 4 to 5 secs give or take, he has Young Link's animation of tappin both of his feet on the ground.

Pit is Link's brethern fellas! *cough* Or surrogate brother.
The Mirror Shield was in the original Kid Icarus, so Link isn't the only one with a fancy shield! ;)

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Im guessing pit's mirror shield reflects EVERYTHING, that's right, smashes, items, all attacks of all kind, even the character themselves (like running into it, sonic did it and it had a recoil)

that's definitely an upside to this move. the downside to it would be that it only covers a small area (see the defino stage 4 player video BEFORE E for All, Pit uses mirror shield around 00:42 or something...)

by the looks of it, it's really fast, almost as fast as fox's shine, so hopefully this will be able to be used for some mind tricks.

Zeela12

Smash Ace

Here's the Pit Side B screenshot you wanted. it's the best I can find so far so sorry about the bad quality.

his down B is almost impossible to tell since it's on youtube and the graphics are really bad.

0rion

Smash Journeyman

Here's the Pit Side B screenshot you wanted. it's the best I can find so far so sorry about the bad quality.

his down B is almost impossible to tell since it's on youtube and the graphics are really bad.
Wow!! *drools* That looks so freakin pretty!!! Oh me oh my! Yeah! It does look like it can pretty much repel almost anything!

Thanx Zeela! *thumbs*

Raikage

Smash Apprentice

Thank you! Just added it in then. Now I see it properly it's a pretty fancy looking move.

Also this is Vortok's take on Pits moves from E for All

Pit
---

Neutral B arrows are curvable more than once (curved it twice on Eldin Bridge at people on the other side, shooting across the gap - wasn't right at the edge), and they travel pretty fast. Up B = free flight (not jumps, just hold a direction to move there). Side B is a forward dash with him spinning his weapon to combo with it. Seems to act slightly different (less movement, I think) in the air, but I didn't see it much in midair. Down B has him crouch slightly and pull out a shield that nullified whatever attack I saw hit it. Dunno it's true usefulness. Up smash = slightly slower version of Link's Up smash (triple slice). Don't remember too many more specifics, though he felt pretty balanced overall. Various costumes include black, blue, green, red, and gold with matching wing colors.

Magic

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure the shield doesn't reflect smashes, but just blocks them as if they hit a wall. I didn't see anyone bouncing off it, but then, it wasn't used much. I dunno if it reflects projectiles.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Ha Ha!! It looks like anybody who tries to break that with there bare hands could get there hand chopped off! Fatality!

Now the question his can Pit switch directions when he's doing this little action. Like swerving right to left.

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure the shield doesn't reflect smashes, but just blocks them as if they hit a wall. I didn't see anyone bouncing off it, but then, it wasn't used much. I dunno if it reflects projectiles.
Yeah I've read people saying it just stops things. I'd hope it at least reflects projectiles though, cause I'd have to wonder about the usefulness of a move that pretty much works exactly like the bubble shield.

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Not exactly like it. It only protects from the front, but then, when someone hits it, you take zero knockback.

I wonder if you can grab out of it?

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
Gold costume with gold wings!?....................Somebody please call 911, I think I'm gonna have a heartattack!!!!! (I mean that in a good way)

Magic

Smash Apprentice
I really loved how you could angle Pit's arrow shots. Unfortunately, an instant shot (not charged) didn't kill in Sudden Death, and I didn't often find time to charge them. Also, aiming them can be difficult.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
I honestly dont believe pit will be top tier, but I do believe I will play with him often because him and his moves look freaken AWSOME!

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
When I watched the gameplay videos, pit usualy says something when perforning his forward special it sounds like "Blazing arm" what is he actually saying?

Magic

Smash Apprentice
It's very difficult to hear what they're saying with the convention noise, but I think it's just more of a battle cry (think Link) then real words.

Could be mistaken though. I know he says something when you use it.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
When I watched the gameplay videos, pit usualy says something when perforning his forward special it sounds like "Blazing arm" what is he actually saying?
I actually thought he was chanting something in japanese, but then again that couldn't be since it's a US demo and Kid Icarus was a translated game...

I guess I'm just too used to Marth's taunt.

Okay I extracted the sound

Listen to it here:

PitSideBSound

Still I can't tell what it is.

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Sounds a lot more like YAGIDEE YAAH then BLAZING ARM. <_<

Nice work getting that isolated. :O

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Mirror shield? Cool...I wonder if it can be held like Fox's reflector or Link's Shield.

What became of his blades though?

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
you know those two other rings on his arms are the reason why we dont see the shield on him. the rings and bow are the sacred treasured

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
I wish the dojo would finally update with his other moves, we got the first two the second week of updates, isn't it about time we got the others since they're obviously finished and in the game?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
pit's up b is goin to have a huge part in his common gameplay. i'll explain why after i get some of my character updates up on the main update page of mine

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if anyone has recognised this but Pit's side B (Whirling Blade) reflects projectiles in this case, Samus' Charged shot.
Take a look at about 1:09 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFlk7QvDPmo
Looks like it has much more potential :D
Holy moly you might just be right. If his side B can reflect stuff that really makes it an amazing move considering how powerful it looks just smacking characters with it.

It also raises the question, if his side B can reflect projectiles then is it true his down B can only block? It would be sad if it was true.

pit's up b is goin to have a huge part in his common gameplay. i'll explain why after i get some of my character updates up on the main update page of mine
Hooray, thanks Gimpyfish.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Holy moly you might just be right. If his side B can reflect stuff that really makes it an amazing move considering how powerful it looks just smacking characters with it.

It also raises the question, if his side B can reflect projectiles then is it true his down B can only block? It would be sad if it was true.
Good theory i guess we'll just have to wait and see what the true purpose of the mirror shield is :confused:

Top Bottom