• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pits Special Moves Discussion

Magic

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if anyone has recognised this but Pit's side B (Whirling Blade) reflects projectiles in this case, Samus' Charged shot.
Take a look at about 1:09 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFlk7QvDPmo
Looks like it has much more potential :D
Wow, awesome find.

But then, like Raikage said..what good is his down-b? :ohwell:

And I agree with gimpy; Pit's Up-B is just too awesome, and really what will set him apart. Free-flight is just too cool.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
You can see Pit's Down B special in the SSE trailer as well. During the portion after he joins up with Mario and they're dropping down through the clouds, Pit drops on top of one of the electrical enemies at the bottom of the screen. As Mario drops down toward him you see that he's taken his shield out.

Here's a picture I managed to get. Its really crappy, thanks to the screen scroll as Mario drops causing a lot of motion blur, but its the only time I've actually seen it (looked in the other vid where you can supposedly see it, couldn't spot it). And bad pic is better than no pic.

Alt. Linky to the trailer for those who have trouble with Gametrailers.com

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Yes? He was my favorite character to play at E4All. <_<

Do you want to know anything specific about him or what? I didn't keep track of each of his different tilts and aerials, but I know the basic gist of him. Though Gimpy can probably give you a more in depth description once his character impressions get up.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if anyone has recognised this but Pit's side B (Whirling Blade) reflects projectiles in this case, Samus' Charged shot.
Take a look at about 1:09 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFlk7QvDPmo
Looks like it has much more potential :D
Holy fricking ... wow, awesome find! I didn't even see that lol. Yeah, that move definitely has alot of potiential.

also, we aren't familiar with the down B yet, maybe that can also put in a lot of mind games.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Pit looks like he could be one of the only slower top tier characters.

I still would really like to know what attacks he can use while his UP B is active.
can he glide or juup out of his up B?
can he shoot his bow several times while his up B is active?

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Hm...well, obviously pushing up or down on the control stick while under Up-B would just make you move in that direction, but I don't know about, say, hitting X or Y while using Up-B.

You can't shoot while Up-B is active, hitting B would cancel it. You can get a shot or two off while falling though I guess.

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
I don't know where you guys got the info on Pit's down B...

But his side B, the whirlwind attack, DOES reflect projectiles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFlk7QvDPmo&NR=1
watch Pit reflect Samus charged shot with his side B. crystal clear proof. 1:06 - 1:10.

Man I love Pit.

Edit: Oops, looks like someone beat me to the find. They found it yesterday.

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Im talking about jumping after it ends before you touch the ground
If you fly the entire time it's active, you'll go into the flashing free fall where you can't do anything. If you cancel it before it's done, you can shoot or do aerials, or use remaining jumps you have.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I have a question. People say that Pit's B /\ is a multi-jump, like Kirby and Jigglypuff's ability to jump 5 times. So it sounds like Pit has a single jump, then a double jump, the you use his B/\ and get 5 more jumps.

Then I heard that Pit's B/\ is him actually flying.

I'm confused. Which is it?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
flying. He flaps his wings so it looks as if he is jumping up there Jiggs/Kirby style...

Magic

Smash Apprentice
It's free flight. You activate it, and then use the analog stick to move him where you want to go.

He has Kirby/Metaknight multijumps always.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
That's obscene! Multi-Jumps and flight!

Pit was already a guaranteed must-use character.

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Seriously. His recovery is so crazy broken. If he doesn't get blasted off entirely, he WILL come back.

Saffron

Smash Apprentice
Ah well. With a good kill-move it would have been easier. But he can fly for so long I'll just take out the people with lots of small aerials :p.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
It's the new wall-o-pain.

sadly, there's not a lot of kill moves for Pit, it's all damaging moves.
If Pit's Smash Attacks have the knock-back of at least Melee's Fox, I'm set.

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
Well Sakurai did say he wanted to emphasise aerial combat, didn't he? I guess giving a bunch of characters crazy good aerial moves will do that. I'm not worried too much about his killing power, it seems like he has good speed, recovery and special moves there had to be a trade off somewhere or else he'd be overpowered and everyone would use him!

Zeela12

Smash Ace
If Pit's Smash Attacks have the knock-back of at least Melee's Fox, I'm set.
Pit's smash attacks are alot like young link's, and airials are good, but all damaging moves.

I think dair is a meteor, and bair is a kick of somesort (like fox's bair)

I guess those are the only kill moves. uair is some choping thing, like samus' upsmash, and fair is like samus' fair.

up smash is like young link's, only slower and weaker. dsmash is like yl's too.

I heard his arrow spam is really good though, better than the fox lasers at least for brawl.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I foresee Pit being played a bit like Link as far as physical attacks go and needling your opponent with projectiles, up until the kill, at which time he'll become a bit more like Jiggs: knock you off and keep you off with a wall of indefensible pain. He has multijumps and an incredible recovery, from what I can tell, so there shouldn't be anything stopping you from jumping half way to his death and recovering to secure a kill.

I'd really appreciate if someone would write up a complete description for Pit's move list, though. Smashes, Tilts, Throws, and even taunts.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I foresee Pit being played a bit like Link as far as physical attacks go and needling your opponent with projectiles, up until the kill, at which time he'll become a bit more like Jiggs: knock you off and keep you off with a wall of indefensible pain. He has multijumps and an incredible recovery, from what I can tell, so there shouldn't be anything stopping you from jumping half way to his death and recovering to secure a kill.

I'd really appreciate if someone would write up a complete description for Pit's move list, though. Smashes, Tilts, Throws, and even taunts.
I had actually planned such a project, if and/or when I get my hands on Brawl. If the opportunity to play ever presents itself to me, rest assured that I will bring back as many details on Pit as I possibly can. :grin:

Raikage

Smash Apprentice

I would've if I had played it, but I havn't, so I just went with special moves. Trying to figure out tilts and smashes from videos alone is too much for me!

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Can his UP B be used to edge guard?
I know if he attacks he falls down but can he still use a jump after that?

Magic

Smash Apprentice
You could I suppose. You can still use jumps if you haven't used them all up yet.

It'd be better to hop off a few times, attack, and then Up-B back then to Up-B off, attack, and hop back though I'd imagine.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Don't count on it. Just because they are aimable and fast, doesn't mean they're PERFECT. They're aimable before AND after firing. Keep in mind, as Sakurai clearly states, that the arrows travel at the speed of light. Meaning THEY ARE DIFFICULT TO CONTROL. Use in moderation and to annoy. However, spam at your own risk.

B^: I guess I like it. Who am I kidding... it's cool. Automatic ascension is always useful. I haven't exactly gotten it in my paws, however, so I have no idea if you attack, you cancel out of it or if you can glide after it.

B>: Nice and quick attack. Unfortunately, if the foe spots it before it lands, you're a sitting duck.

BV: Another deflection move... my verdict: If it ain't Fox Shine, it ain't as good.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I didn't really want to make a thread about this considering it is a special move and all but pits final smash being that he can move around while it is taking place do you think he could possibly grab another final smash?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
is the mirror shield gonna be just like fox/falco's Shine???
I believe so. From what I've read on this thread, it can reflect just about anything with the exception of not covering Pit entirely like Fox's and Falco's shine. I also think that Pit's going to be a high tier character because of what I've observed from his moves and his amazing recovery. He's going to be a great main along with my other mains, Mario, Ike, and Sonic.

Magic

Smash Apprentice
The arrow will take some getting used too to be able to shoot properly.

The mirror shield doesn't do any damage or knockback like the shine; just thought I'd make that clear. <_<

Saffron

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised that people can have so many main chars to play with :p
I'm just gonna play with Pit and a little Yoshi on the side.
And the mirror shield isn't as good as the shine but better then nothing.
His up-b on the other hand is a godsend!
Can't wait to try it out.

Pit's smash attacks are alot like young link's, and airials are good, but all damaging moves.
Nope. Pit's Smash attacks (Except for his U-Smash) Have decent Kill potential. Most of his moves can inflict damage, yes, but he has plenty of kill power.

I think dair is a meteor, and bair is a kick of somesort (like fox's bair)
Dair isn't a meteor, the trajectory isn't even downwards. The Bair is a backwards stab with his twin blades,

I guess those are the only kill moves. uair is some choping thing, like samus' upsmash, and fair is like samus' fair.
Fair, Bair, F-Smash and D-smash are all killing moves. His Uair is when he spins his blades above him, like a helicopter. His Fair is nothing like Samus's, it's a straight forward horizontal slash.

up smash is like young link's, only slower and weaker. dsmash is like yl's too.
U-Smash has a similar animaiton, but comes out very quickly. his D-smash isn't nearly as weak as Young Link's os.

I heard his arrow spam is really good though, better than the fox lasers at least for brawl.
It's ok.

Why must people pass judgment even though they didn't play the game?

Top Bottom