• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit vs. Snake

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
While you know that I have the right to John, and even though it is bad to do so, I have my rights to express things.
You dont see me complaining about MK now do you? Considering how he doesnt have any projectile (a projectile makes a big difference to me), and he's a bit light, makes it easy to take out a MK... well, for me that is.
Now Snake with his overpoweredness with being seemingly heavier than Bowser, With PROJECTILES, it makes sense why i hate him so much. Consider him a weakness of mine.

-Gambit-

Smash Apprentice
NxC your post is made of epic FAILURE

Kupo, seriously, I had a hard time believing a human was controlling that Pit.
Sorry but I had a hard time reading through your BS

Pit has an amazing defensive game, and has a gift of an aerial shield. Use it. You have wings. Use them. Don't be afraid of the air, or whatever the hell you think Snake can do to you in the air, because truth be told, you control the skies.
What dont be afraid of the air? Are you out of your mind? Have you even played a tourney level snake? probobly not because good snakes are just as beastly in the air as they are on the ground. They will home in on you with their nair.

On the note of arrows, seriously people- stop ******* around with arrow loops. Yes, it's flashy. Yes, it's impressive. But other than shooting vertically magnifying glassed opponents for the kill, arrow loops are nearly USELESS.
Its usefull when your good at it, But you wouldn't know about that would you.

I don't want to sound stuck up, but if you don't use the mirror shield as part of your standard strategy, you are not pro, and in fact, you suck. There, I said it.
How are you gonna go and mock someone who has done so much for the community? Kupo has done so much for this community, writing up guides, helping the new members, and most importantly he gave us Wing dashing, or is that another useless tech to you? seriously if you think like this go to AIB they will be glad to have you.

Why is everyone here so opposed to Pit's well developed defensive game? It's PERFECTLY FINE to pressure your opponent to come to you by any means possible. If you have this stuck up sense of 'honor' where shooting more than two arrows in a row is a crime, you won't win matches.
All pit has for his defensive game are his specials and good players get around them. Only playing a defensive Pit wont win you matches. You have to play an offensive Pit. In fact an offensive Pit is scarier than a defensive Pit. Don't take me wrong I spam too but thats not what my game is focused on. Not because spamming is regarded as a noobish technique or cheap but because it simply wont win you matches. Good people > spamming + camping

This community needs to grow up a bit, it would seem.
I like it when scrubs rant :D

NxC

Smash Apprentice
NxC your post is made of epic FAILURE
Sorry but I had a hard time reading through your BS
Constructive.
What dont be afraid of the air? Are you out of your mind? Have you even played a tourney level snake?
Yes, and won.
probobly not because good snakes are just as beastly in the air as they are on the ground. They will home in on you with their nair.
that I then reflect with the mirror shield and bank on the landing lag.
Its usefull when your good at it, But you wouldn't know about that would you.
How constructive. You've never seen me play before.
How are you gonna go and mock someone who has done so much for the community?
by posting.
Kupo has done so much for this community, writing up guides, helping the new members, and most importantly he gave us Wing dashing, or is that another useless tech to you?
So contributions to the community give you an immunity card from criticism? Great, so my extensive guide to the mirror shield means I get to completely ignore this post? Got it.
seriously if you think like this go to AIB they will be glad to have you.
Once again, more assumptions, which seems especially foolish since I still have no videos available of my playstyle.
All pit has for his defensive game are his specials
Wrong
and good players get around them.
Obviously
Only playing a defensive Pit wont win you matches. You have to play an offensive Pit.
No ****. Thanks for reminding me I need to attack to win. I almost forgot.
In fact an offensive Pit is scarier than a defensive Pit.
Opinion.
Don't take me wrong I spam too but thats not what my game is focused on. Not because spamming is regarded as a noobish technique or cheap but because it simply wont win you matches. Good people > spamming + camping
I don't think anyone's said that spamming is a core technique. I was simply bringing to the table my opinion that it has uses.
I like it when scrubs rant :D
So you enjoy AIB, according to previous statements?

I appologize for continueing this off-topic crap, but compared to what I've said, this is an outright insult.

kown

Smash Lord
@Gambit- this conversation was pretty much done until you came and gave your opinion, which is fine but you tended to insult more than be constructive. Sure NxC said some stuff but two wrongs dont make a right.

@everyone: Alot of ppl assume when we say play defensively to spam arrows. This isnt true necessarily. You can keep your opponennt back with air attacks and shoot arrows when thiers openings.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
WOW! Really massive flame war going on here... Can we all just stick to the topic... Seriously...

Anyways, how do you beat a Snake that grenade spams when you are far away and when you are close enough, does a contact Snake dash and runs back to grenade spam and missile spamming while throwing occasional C4's everywhere...

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
nades are pushed away by a simple wingdash. and it takes so little time that you have plenty of time to keep shooting ur arrows. also you can wingdash over the nades to grab them quickily then throw them back. so Wingdash backwards = arrows. Wingdash forwards = Nade Throw. if they cook their nades. shoot them a bit hopefully they will drop them.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
If they try to cook the nades or use the nade shield alot, just run up and grab them
Do you mean grab the snake or the gernade? Either way it strikes me as too one dimensional of a response.

@gambit: a few points, you probably should try to be more constructive in your debating but you made a point or two I can address. First of all tournament level snakes tend to have uniqueish playstyles. Snake has a lot of really good moves. Some snakes use mostly his tilts, some mostly his specials, some his aerials (rarely mostly aerials but they still use his aerials as essential parts of their game whether for baiting or punishing) and so on. You mentioned snakes nair being a big problem try to smash di away from the direction he is moving. I find you can generally di out of this and punish the landing lag. Admittedly some snakes will double jump the nair and beware this doesn't have landing lag.

@NxC I generally agree with you but I have to ask... why is your text blue?

Also just to restate my thoughts on the subject advantage definitely to snake. Its easy enough to stay fairly even percent with snake but he can kill you so much easier then you can kill him the matchup is his favor.

Honestly to be able to give really useful advice on how to beat snake we'd have to know what style of snake your brother plays.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
@NxC I generally agree with you but I have to ask... why is your text blue?
White text on black is rather hard on the eyes. Blue is a much more soothing color, and matches my avatar/sig. It's kind of a uniqueness thing, too.

Well, I just got destroyed by a rather unpredictable snake. I could handle the nades, but I kept falling into (looking back) obvious up-tilt traps. He also played evasively enough where I couldn't get him off the stage like I planned. For the record, this was against SamuraiPanda, a mod here.

I realize my faults in my lack of knowledge in Pit's offensive game. I can play defensively fine, but when it comes to going in for a kill, I take too many risks with attacks that have landing lag should I fail. So I guess I'm in the same boat as the OP.

Kmaru

Smash Cadet
Hey i finnaly beat his snake it was close
He decided to give up on snake cuz he didnt have no more at so now he plays falco mk and now pit.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
So eh? is it still too late to talk about the snake, pit match-up? In your opinion (IYO) :)
What would you rate pit snake match up? 5:5 being even.

kown

Smash Lord
6:4 snake IMO

its not an easy match up and snake really doesnt need as much work put in to him as a "good" pit does. So id say in general pit loses more to snake. but in my experience snake isnt amazingly hard and ppl have kinda of found ways around him.

kupo15

Smash Hero
6:4 Pit

Its easy to avoid the traps and turn them against him and its easy to space tilts and beat the cypher. You win

Kmaru

Smash Cadet
After beating him ive noticed how fun facing snake is.I agree with kupo pit wins more if you just space yourself

Top Bottom