• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit reflects WoI?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
That is very interesting. This shows that "shoving" is deflectable... I'unno if this will help much with Pit as an arrow would've worked there too. But there might be other applications of this.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
the auto ledge snap feature would have snapped him to the ledge before the arrow hit. Either that or it would be canceled due to the wind effect.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Ah, valid points. Though I still feel this is best in other situations, I agree now that this is a handy move on combating other Pit's.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I dont find this being that useful because it will only be useful if you can read your opponents up b. Like you said in most situations other things are more useful.

However, it could be something locked in our heads for that one situation every so often.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Thats pro looking right there! I have been reflected before but not like that! I think that is a good app if they are close to the ledge. That way it pushes them away from the ledge.

kown

Smash Lord
hmm when i first saw this i thought that he just turned away from you because he thought you were going to attack.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It's reflecting the actual move like it was a melee attack. Or so it seems. The other Pit turns away from Sage which would indicate it wasn't just the Wing Shove being forced back on him.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure the wind affect counts as an attack. If you down b during any part of ganondorfs leg lift it turns him around for the same reason I think.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
So there is now gust boxes in addition to grab and hitboxes? My shield guide benefits from this. Nice find.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I've reflected a TLink as it crashed into the ground with its dair, and it gusts as well.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm starting to second guess myself. Tomorrow I'll be sure to test this out extensively. If nothing else I'll hopefully learn something about gusts. If this does work, this might be able to counter Pits that WoI stall on the edge. And after about the third or fourth WoI on the edge Pit's Wings are pretty Fatigued... ^_^

kupo15

Smash Hero
I wonder if pit has the same glitch marth does if you turn him around on the edge? I doubt it though lol

I'm pretty sure the wind affect counts as an attack. If you down b during any part of ganondorfs leg lift it turns him around for the same reason I think.
Awww man, I knew about this two weeks ago and didn't think about posting anything :p It blew me and my ganon friend's mind lol

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this is one of those things that I would say people should try not to waste their time learning, and instead practice their more useful ATs! I mean, think of all the other much better alternatives. Fair, bair, dair would have hit him. Arrows could rack up more damage. This is a pretty meaningless curiousity. If you guys do really like this kind of stuff, there's a melee video made by "The Germ" called Stupid Link **** or something. it's a long crapload of useless Melee Link techs and anomalies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The force that push you away from Pit when he is using his WoI is considered some sort of attack. If the WoI can cancel out some projectiles (Like Samus' missiles) then it has to be a type of attack, and Pit's Mirror shield should respond to the wings like an attack, thus reflecting the wings, as the video has shown.
Thanks to Sir Lucario for the WoI Projectile-cancelling test yesterday with me.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
To all. It's already known Pits wings have a hit box (which is why it cancels projectiles and some moves). I just didn't expect it could be reflected with a shield.

I'm starting to second guess myself. Tomorrow I'll be sure to test this out extensively. If nothing else I'll hopefully learn something about gusts. If this does work, this might be able to counter Pits that WoI stall on the edge. And after about the third or fourth WoI on the edge Pit's Wings are pretty Fatigued... ^_^
WoI is just as fatigued on the 2nd as it is the 3rd or 4th. Just depends how fast its done after the previous one.

can someone explain why it cant be that the pit just turned around on his own?
The momentum that forced pit in the opposite direction is impossible to do if you just simply turn around. Pit doesnt have mobility from wings for the first couple parts

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this is one of those things that I would say people should try not to waste their time learning, and instead practice their more useful ATs! I mean, think of all the other much better alternatives. Fair, bair, dair would have hit him. Arrows could rack up more damage. This is a pretty meaningless curiousity. If you guys do really like this kind of stuff, there's a melee video made by "The Germ" called Stupid Link **** or something. it's a long crapload of useless Melee Link techs and anomalies.
This isnt even an AT. It's just information worth learning. Doesn't even require practice, unless you're talking about mirror shield reflects in general. In that case, you would be wrong.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
It's very interesting but not very useful. Using an actual attack to cancel is probably a safer bet. Nevertheless, this should be added to the Mirror Shield guide thread.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Yea your welcome Adm P. WoI does count as an attack and me and adm did that on wifi the other day. Also what apollo said is true ive used wing shove on marth`s down b and he retaliated. Btw me and adm on wifi is ownage. We tested woi cancel and found a lot. than he showed canceling a blast by pressing A.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
cool beans, i normally have troubles with pits no matter theyre skill level and i think this will help a bit, even though i doubt the guy who plays pit knows to do the little WoI on the ledge thing

kupo15

Smash Hero
I thought of something just now. What happens if you reflect a Wing Dash? I don't think it is that hard to do, just predicting when he will do it is.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I wonder if the momentum is reflected when you reflect a Wingdash, so that the Wingdasher is pushed in the opposite direction.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Idk, its worth testing. Ill do that soon.

EDIT: I tested it out and reflecting a wingdash moves them in the opposite direction as expected.

Top Bottom