• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pit banned from tourneys in certain states??

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
a friend of mine told me that pit has been banned from tourneys in certain states along with another character (didnt care who it was after i heard pit was banned)

anyways has anyone else heard of this or is my friend just full of fail??

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
a Friend Of Mine Told Me That Pit Has Been Banned From Tourneys In Certain States Along With Another Character (didnt Care Who It Was After I Heard Pit Was Banned)

Anyways Has Anyone Else Heard Of This Or Is My Friend Just Full Of Fail??
Epic Fail!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
That would be a little too crazy, Pit may have spamming Arrows but it can be blocked so it's not broken but it's over used. A chreacter that can't be beat in almost any terms should be banned. Anyways what stage your friend said?

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
alright good, i didnt want to discount my friend on it cause it would have really sucked if he was right but its nice to know that he is full of fail, probably jsut angry he lost to my pit after talking smack haha

Prophesized

Smash Cadet
lol because apparently if you can shoot blue arrows and have wings that can shine you just have to be broken. whereas if you can knee someone in the face to death apparently you must just have super strength.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
On BF you can arrow spam and the just hide under the stage back and forth...jk you know

NxC

Smash Apprentice
It would seem even tournament hosts can be johners. It's a real shame.

If it's in the game, it's allowed. The brilliant minds that put together the game know enough about balance to put in surface-level techniques that are unbeatable. If you can show me valid proof that Pit and [other character] are absolutely unbeatable, then I will agree, but until then this is a gigantic load of crap.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit shouldnt be banned from any tournament by all means. He doesnt even have much KO strength. Look at the 2 broken chars, then look at the angel. Ban snake and MK by all means, but not the angel.
They probably would ban him because They're not ready yet!
I think your friend is lying because he gets pwned by Pit so much.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Pit wont ever get banned from tournies, the only person that there has been real talk about banning is MK, if he gets banned then you can start asking about others, but if anyone gets banned it'll be him first.

-Gambit-

Smash Apprentice
I dont think pit is banned from torunament play. I know that hylian got IC banned in Texas thou hahaha.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Any character being banned is just dumb. However, they should ban Pit's taunts/victory poses...they're really cheesy *please don't hurt me >.<*

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I think banning Snake and Meta Knight would be a good idea so that there would be a possibility of having other characters in tournaments. I think I made an accurate assessment back in that joke thread, Let's Try to Guess Sakurai's Logic With Balancing Characters.

Dryn said:
Hideo Kojima: "Please, Sakurai? Will you please put Snake in Brawl?"
Masahiro Sakurai: "Oh, all right. Just this once, though."
HK: "Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't thank you enough!"
MS: *sigh*

-Later that night-

MS: "Well, there we go. Snake is complete. Now it's time for bed."

-The next morning-

HK: "Hey, Sakurai! Hey, thanks again. I owe you one."
MS: "Whatever."
HK: "So, can I see Snake?"
MS: "Yeah, sure."
HK: "I like how you made his dash attack like that of the game. Now, if only he fired out a grenade when you pressed up and A."
MS: "All right. Are you finished?"
HK: "Yeah. Thanks again."

-Sakurai shows Kojima Snake and all that stuff-

HK: "Come on, Sakurai! Please, won't you amp up Snake? Just this once, for old-times sake?"
MS: "I suppose." *amps up those tilts*

-March 9, 2008-

Gamer 1: "Awesome. Now I get to play as Snake."
Gamer 2: "What's he like?"
Gamer 1: "He's slow and heavy. I don't like him."
Gamer 2: "Can I try?"
Gamer 1: "If you want."
Gamer 2: *plays Brawl and discovers Snakedashing* "Whoa! Check this out!"
Gamer 1: "Ah, that's awesome! Snake is so cool! Let me try him out!"

-In Tournament Settings-

Gamer 3: "Who is your main?"
Gamer 4: "Snake."
Gamer 3: "Really? No way! He's mine, too!"
Gamer 250: "You main Snake as well?"
Gamer 122: "I heard someone say Snake. Do you know how to use his Snakedash?"
Gamer 250: "Oh do I!"
Gamer 56: "I main Pikachu."
Gamer 3, 4, 122, and 250: *stare*

kupo15

Smash Hero
if Pit gets banned at a tourney, then its not worth going and it tells you the TO's dont know what they are doing

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Pit isn't banned. If he was banned, you might as well ban half of the characters in brawl. If anyone will be banned its MK, and he shouldn't even be banned.

Top Bottom