• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pinkie Pie Productions Results with Novice Bracket Result- Jan 21st Dallas Fort Worth

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for coming out everyone! We had 30 singles entrants so we had 7 pools. Top two advanced to the Singles Bracket and Bottom 2 or 3 went into the Novice Bracket.

Videos here:

Doubles

1: Dallas' Last Hope (Sethlon & Sung) ($48.00)
2: Blue Ballz (Sybawaves & TSC) ($32.00)
3: ******s (Kalo & Mojo) ($0.00)
4: Come together, live forever (Obsoleet & Excelsior)
5: Team Second Place (Thoraxe & Penguin)
5: Stocktank (Tyranny & Matt)
7: Popo & Nana (Admiral & Emilywaves)
7: Talk ****, Get Hit (Zac & Bryndean)

Doubles Bracket

Singles Bracket

1: Mojo ($101.50) :falconmelee: :marthmelee: :foxmelee:
2: Sung666 ($29.00) :falcomelee:
3: Dark Rain (TSC) ($14.50) :falconmelee: :foxmelee: :kirbymelee:
4: Sybawave :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
5: Gar :sheikmelee:
5: Sethlon :marthmelee: :jigglypuffmelee:
7: Kalo :foxmelee: :sheikmelee:
7: Glibby Globby :falcomelee:
9: RedShadow :sheikmelee: :foxmelee: :falcomelee:
9: Wzrd :sheikmelee:
9: JOS :falcomelee: :marthmelee:
9: Tai :foxmelee:
13: Waterlessfishie :peachmelee:
13: Obsolete :luigimelee:

Singles Bracket

Novice Singles

1: Thoraxe (Box o' Thin Mints) :luigimelee:
2: JCast :peachmelee:
3: Jala :peachmelee:
4: B91 :falcomelee: :falconmelee: :peachmelee:
5: Lord Zaint :samusmelee:
5: emilywaves :sheikmelee: :icsmelee:
7: Sean
7: Kush
9: Penguin :falconmelee:
9: Zero
9: Admiral :icsmelee:
9: Matt
13: Tyranny
13: Alvin

Novice Bracket

Singles Winners: TSC, Mojo and Sung

Doubles Winner: Sybawave, TSC, Sung and Sethlon

Novice Bracket 1st and 2nd: Thoraxe and Jcast

Novice Winners: Thoraxe

Pools coming soon

MT_

Smash Ace
Good **** Oscar and Sung. Looked like it was a fun successful tourney. I will have to make a bigger effort to catch the next one of these.

:phone:

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
Thanks to everyone in my pool and novice bracket. It was fun to play against characters that aren't spacies haha. Also, good stuff, Thoraxe. THREE MISFIRE GREEN MISSILES IN A ROW. THREE GOOD.

I never want to time anyone out ever again. LOL, I don't have the patience for that.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Oh man, that Thoraxe picture is priceless.

Why was the payout so disparate between 1st and 2nd place?
The payout was 70/20/10.

This tournament was awesome. Unfortunately some of the audio got super desynched on a bunch of the tournament videos I recorded (poor video recorder took like 4.5gigs worth of video, lolz), so I'll have to throw some music over those ones. Wish we coulda recorded the novice bracket finals.

@ Houston ; d'you guys want me to upload the sets of you guys vs each other? Oscar vs Luci, etc.

I'll probly have most of the tournament sets up within a week or so on my youtube channel.

Shout outs still to come!

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
1: Mojo ($101.50) - You suck at this game.
2: Sung666 ($29.00) - Thanks for helping defend Dallas' honor. lol I know you play in SoCal, but we appreciate the Houston pwnage.
3: Dark Rain (TSC) ($14.50) - You lost to a Falco? lol, get *****.
4: Sybawave - Thanks for driving Houston. Way to make them wait at my place twice in a row :p
5: Gar - :)
5: Sethlon :marthmelee: :jigglypuffmelee: <--LOLOLOLOL
7: Kalo - Thanks for helping me train! I will get better, fer real. :)
7: Glibby Globby - :)
9: RedShadow - fun friendlies! Thanks for coming out to the tourney :)
9: Wzrd - Hrm, didn't really play, though I saw you ****** in Double Dash, good ****.
9: JOS - Thanks for coming! Heh heh, I appreciate the Peach practice :p
9: Tai - Nice repping Dallas! I hope you can stay for the whole tourney next time :p Also, don't wuit Smash! This game is too good.
13: Waterlessfishie - NICE. Awesome job getting out of pools. We should play more.
13: Obsolete - Clop clop! Is that your hand on my leg? Or is that your leg on my hand? wtf, I don't know.

1: Thoraxe (Box o' Thin Mints) - Fight for the Thin Mints! I've still never played you o_O, come to more Smashfests and get better and make it out of pools next time :p
2: JCast - PEACH. Uggghhhhh. Could you have forward smashed me anymore during our set?? Awesome matches, we must play again.
3: Jala - Ok, wow. You come out of nowhere and **** everyone. You underestimate your skill! I'll see you next time at B91's house :)
4: B91 - hey, could you spam knee anymore against ICs? Please? kthxbai. I'm tight and demand retribution. I will destroy you next time.
5: Lord Zaint - Way to not play me dork. I know you're just scared I'll **** your ****.
5: emilywaves - scrub
7: Sean - :)
7: Kush - Thanks for coming out! Come to one of our Smashfests!
9: Penguin - I saw a few of your matches, we should train so you get super **** at those pesky IC and Samus mathups.
9: Zero - :)
9: Admiral - Whoo hoo! Maybe double ICs isn't the best idea ever. OR IS IT? Yes, yes it is. Fun matches! I gotta get my Sheik up to par now, cause damn it got *****.
9: Matt - Good to see you again! Definitely stay active in the scene
13: Tyranny - Thanks for coming out again too! :)
13: Alvin - :)

Overall, I had a great time. You guys (mostly) stayed out of the aisles :p and weren't super obnoxious in the venue. What more could a TO ask for! But seriously, thanks for being respectful of the venue - it's the least we can do for freaking FREE VENUE amirite? And my arm is actually kinda sore from playing so much this weekend....wtf.

Also, it seems that most people enjoyed the novice bracket. This is something I will continue if we have enough entrants. I'd like to see more coaching from some of the more advanced players next time, but overall, really super awesome.

For those of you who stayed at my place: I have a few items leftover, let me know if you're missing anything and exactly what it is and we'll work out some way to get it back to you.

Lastly, to all DFW players who came out. I would like to sincerely give you my thanks. I'm glad you all made it out, and I hope our community continues to grow. Don't forget to check out our DFW Melee thread (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276326&page=23) if you're not already on it and join our Facebook group (link is in the DFW thread).

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Really good tournament, thanks for hosting. It was pretty well organized, everything ran smoothly, and we didn't have to leave until like almost midnight which is awesome. Props to all the out of towners who came.

Thoraxe that picture is freakin godlike

Sethlon holdin it down with Roy, gj carrying me in teams but you're really good and I think you shouldn't use Roy too limited. Mojo you outplayed me and I'm such a dumb falco. Gar and Kalo have good defensive play with Sheik. Gar you got a lot better with techchasing and why are our matches so close!? Jalal way too good I'll give you notes if you ever go online. Syba nice Javi pressure. Admiral, ICs are always scary unfortunately you couldn't execute your cg/wobbling when you did grab me. Darn it B91, you'll make it into bracket next time. RedShadow whoever you choose to main don't feel so down about playing and have some fun. Ggs to everyone else I played.

Venue was awesome and I also like the idea of pools into pro/amateur bracket keep it up. Oh and I don't think wobbling should be banned if anything it could be one wobble per game.

To anyone who's trying to get better, learn EVERYTHING about your character and be as TECHNICAL as you possibly can to have access to all of your options. It doesn't matter if you're trying to be the most technical player or not, you want your execution to meet your intentions.

Diglob

Smash Cadet
1: Mojo ($101.50) - TAKING OUT THOSE SOCAL PLAYERS
2: Sung666 ($29.00) - YOUR HAIR IS JUST AS GREAT AS I HAD IMAGINED IT WOULD BE
3: Dark Rain (TSC) ($14.50) - GOOD **** ON GIVING UP ON THIS GAME FOR THE 14TH TIME AND PLACING THIRD ANYWAY
4: Sybawave - ur gay
5: Gar - free
5: Sethlon - We played an awesome set in bracket. I hope you practice hard for the next time we play.
7: Kalo - YOU LOST TO IVAN?!??!?!?!!??!!? ROOOOOOFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLL
7: Glibby Globby - N/A
9: RedShadow - Stop being such a downer and you might actually have a shot at this game. I'd like to be nicer about it, but maybe you need to hear it like this. -__-
9: Wzrd - Always fun to see you. :p
9: JOS - Your Marth almost took that second game. SHOULD'VE STARTED THAT POWERSHIELDING CRAZINESS EARLIER.
9: Tai - ?
13: Waterlessfishie - ?
13: Obsolete - Good job on being the best Luigi player for miles and miles in all directions. I'm sure this next year will bring more success for you.

Thoraxe - Don't just let John walk off with the title of best Luigi. Keep at it. :p
JCast - Not bad at all. You'll probably be a pretty formidable Peach in no time.
Lord Zaint- free
emilywaves - This tournament was great. Was run a lot better than a lot of Houston tournaments for sure. >_> Shoutouts to you and whoever else helped run this tournament. And pretty sweet food options at the venue, too.
Admiral - Thanks for the ride. Your driving is pretty alright now, so let's be sure your Smash skills follow as well. :p
Brawl players who were talking about how much faster Brawl is than Melee - Seriously?

Kal, Tirno, Noc, and Velox - WHY WERE YOU NOT HERE
baka4moe - Glad you could make it.
Area 51 (tournament venue) - You guys were pretty great. Thanks.
Quiznos - So long as you guys are serving that tuna melt thing, I will probably be visiting you guys again.
Dallas area in general - Keep it up.

Sethlon, Oscar vs. Luci pretty much NEEDS to be uploaded so we can see Luci beat Oscar in a Fox ditto, LOL. And I don't think any Houston players are going to object to their games being uploaded regardless of who they were playing.

And maybe it's worth noting somewhere that Von forfeited to Luci in losers bracket to let Luci try his hand against Sung? Anyways, great tournament. :D

Edit: **** MT_.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
7: Kalo - Thanks for helping me train! I will get better, fer real. :)
ill probably type out the list i was going to make you and send it to you.

Gar and Kalo have good defensive play with Sheik.
thanks , yep gar is good

7: Kalo - YOU LOST TO IVAN?!??!?!?!!??!!? ROOOOOOFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLL
get out.

@sethlon: you should upload sung vs obsolete/kalo/von/luci/oscar
post was too long, **** falco tho still, ****in bird

MT_

Smash Ace
I see how it is Kevin. Don't give MT the "WHY WEREN'T YOU HERE" shoutout.

I won't forget this.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
anyways shoutouts

1: Mojo : its a long walk up the stairs to the top and you just took another step
2: Sung666 : i hate when actual good people play falco, gg
3: Dark Rain : next chapter is about to begin
4: Sybawave : hope you had fun man thanks, get ready for it
5: Gar : man dude, gg you earned it. altho i feel very displeased about our set.
5: Sethlon : The Dream.
7: Kalo : looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
7: Glibby Globby : whatever youve been doing dont stop(like you said, youve slowed down) ill be upset
9: RedShadow : ggs man, play to learn, play to have fun. we are all part of this community and i know us in houston always respect talented players, good luck in the future
9: Wzrd : who are you looooool jk, altho we havent really played
9: JOS : ur turn to step it up!
9: Tai : woooow watch out for this guy ! ggs man
13: Waterlessfishie : youre almost there, i hope you are motivated about melee
13: Obsolete : too much falco

Novice Singles

1: Thoraxe : keep talking **** dude its funny,our boy yannis went in on you lol those cookies were delicious
2: JCast : good job i watched some of your matches , and jala, the scene needs guys like you
3: Jala : like i said to jcast, stay with it, cuz each member of our scene is important
4: B91 : i think you got a little nervous in our pools match but i would gladly rematch any time
5: Lord Zaint : finally played you in "tournament" i have some more critique for you later
5: emilywaves : well youre better than i thought, youre really really going to have to practice techskill now, its very important, and i can tell you what to practice and why. as long as you are listening and willing to learn, ill give you all the advice i can
7: Sean : hope you had fun , keep playing idk you !!
7: Kush : idk you either!! hope oyu had fun too tho
9: Penguin : hannah is mean lol, just some thigns in this game you have to fight to learn how to fight it
9: Zero : i didnt see you play but yeah hope you had fun, was it your first tournament?
9: Admiral : >.>
@ the rest, good job guys, i have crazy respect for all melee players.

EDIT: **** MT!

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Aww, that was actually really sweet Kalo :)

Sung - I like what you said about wobbling once per game, that's a good compromise for both sides.

Thoraxe - I forgot about the cookie match. **** Yannis man. What a scrub, at least B91 beat his ***. And I don't want to hear any johns about it.

Obsoleet

Smash Rookie
1. Mojo - Pluck you for taking our money...again
2: Sung666 - Good stuff, was really impressed on how well you handled the luigi fight. If you see eddy back in SoCal, tell him he's got a fan down south.
3: Dark Rain - I figured the best way to beat you is misfire more.
4: Sybawave - ^^
5: Gar - Wish we played in tourney, but some pretty exciting friendlies though. I hope you get over your cancer soon and **** shiek.
5: Sethlon - Wish we could have played. That would have been a match I could have looked forward to. Looking forward to those videos.
7: Kalo - Good stuff
7: Glibby Globby - TEACH ME HOW TO SLAY FALCO!!!
9: RedShadow - your shiek was so ****
9: Wzrd - good stuff
9: JOS - You're looked Sung demolished my self esteem or I would have had at least a slim chance of beating you =p. Next time we play I'm not going to sandbag because of your good looks.
9: Tai - good stuff
13: Waterlessfishie - good stuff
13: ObsoLEET - Good job, you should stop sandbagging you sucky piece of ****.

Losers tournament
1: Thoraxe (Box o' Thin Mints) I wish I could sandbag as hard as you. Those chips must have been worth it. Seriously though, good stuff. I've never met anyone that could combo my luigi as your's did.
2: JCast
3: Jala
4: B91 - GOOD JOB BEATING THAT SCRUB LORD ZAINT
5: Lord Zaint - I think I know what the problem is with our teams. Luigi is like Falcon and goes for any target in teams cept only on the ground. You should drop me for someone who is actually good. Had a fun weekend hanging out even though there was only minimal Magic involved.
5: emilywaves - Thanks for hosting, though you forgot to rig the bracket like any good TO would. MLP FOREVOOOOOOORRR!!!!
7: Sean
7: Kush
9: Penguin
9: Zero
9: Admiral - Thanks for letting us stay at your place and doing most of the driving!
9: Matt
13: Tyranny
13: Alvin

For those who don't have a comment I apologize for my really crappy memory of people but if we played, then thanks for making my tourney experience that much better.

Tyranny

Smash Cadet
Sweet tourney, I had a lot of fun I just wish my Ganon was good enough to make bracket. I'll be sure to practice my tech skill for the next 'Pinkie Pie Presents'. Since i didn't really get a chance to meet everyone this'll probably be quick.

Syba- Thanks for the tips in pools, i really need to work on my Marf match up and not getting gimped so hard lols
Sethlon- Really fun friendlies~ Getting wrecked by roy has never been so amusing. Also you saw that Ganon stomp phantom hit -I ****ing lol'd- Hit me up for a smashfest soon
Waterlessfishie- Awesome sets, at least i learned never to take peach to Brinstar rofl
Thoraxe- I've played ONE luigi before and he didn't combo for ****, your weegie is beast.
Emily- Very nice tournament. I'm kinda sad i didn't get a chance to play you, I'd like to think i've improved a ton since the last time we played. Though i guess there's always next time
Kush- "Who is Kush?"
Penguin- Sucks i couldn't play your Falcon but we live so damn close we'll for sure chill soon.

Thanks to everyone for the great experience

baka4moé

Smash Champion
THANKS KEVIN UR COOL TOO

congrats to oscar and sung, esp oscar dude ur holdin it down, good stuff.

were any sets recorded, and if so where can we view them?

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Lmao, one day you'll know what its like kalo. one day.

:phone:
feb 11th

THANKS KEVIN UR COOL TOO

congrats to oscar and sung, esp oscar dude ur holdin it down, good stuff.

were any sets recorded, and if so where can we view them?
look at sethlons post up higher in this thread for information about videos and a link to his youtube channel where they will be uploaded

there is john vs sung i believe

sung vs kalo

sung vs von

sung vs oscar 3 sets

luci vs oscar

luci vs sung

luci vs ivan i think

luci vs sethlon

sethlon vs von

sethlon vs kevin

kevin vs oscar

kevin vs redshadow

maybe more thats about it tho

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I also got Teams winners/losers/grand finals recorded.

My games against RedShadow were not recorded, but the rest of that list looks about right.
I wasn't 100% on who is playing in that set, since you punks didn't put on any tags and I don't know your playstyles well enough to judge by that. I'm thinking its you vs oscar; did he play regular color fox against you? Battlefield and then Kongo?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Whoever entered as Dark Rain should be shot.

Not only did you butcher his gamertag, you also placed two spots lower than he would have.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Sweet tourney, I had a lot of fun I just wish my Ganon was good enough to make bracket. I'll be sure to practice my tech skill for the next 'Pinkie Pie Presents'. Since i didn't really get a chance to meet everyone this'll probably be quick.
Hey Tyranny, who do you usually play with? I don't recall seeing you at any smashfests. Definitely check out the dfw melee thread I posted above and join the Facebook group. We'll get that Ganon ****** everyone in no time (as he should :p).

Whoever entered as Dark Rain should be shot.
That's a pretty grave statement. I really don't think we should advocate shooting players in this community. But then again, this is Texas....so....ok then.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
him entering as darkrain was a shoutout to darkrain seeing as how darkrain "resides" in dallas as far as we know

also hes better than darkrain is now lol so even if its disrespect, DR needs to step it up

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mean it literally, but come on, have some respect for your Smash elders.
OOOooooooohh, you don't mean LITERALLY shoot him. I see you're from the north. Yes yes, in Texas, it is perfectly acceptable to shoot anyone for basically any reason. And LOL I was around when Dark Rain was dominating, I'm probably one of the oldest smashers in Texas :p

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
what did darkrain even dominate? MW? if he wasnt a falcon main nobody would even care about him

and darkrain "dominating" was like 4 years into melee so get out emily.

juggleguy who cares its a joke, just like darkrain is a joke in texas

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
everyday i think about how you held smashfests with "pros" and have been playing forever and now i have to teach you week 2 shiek stuff, im not sure if you are allowed to brag about being a veteran when you cant even play

Diglob

Smash Cadet
I also got Teams winners/losers/grand finals recorded.

I wasn't 100% on who is playing in that set, since you punks didn't put on any tags and I don't know your playstyles well enough to judge by that. I'm thinking its you vs oscar; did he play regular color fox against you? Battlefield and then Kongo?
Yeah, that's probably me vs. Oscar. Green Falco vs. white Fox? Kongo Jungle as the counterpick? PRETTY MUCH ALL THE SIGNS YOU NEED. But yeah, my only other recorded set was vs. you and I don't recall anybody else using green Falco, so...

Gea

Smash Master
lmao, I was around in the days of Ken and Isai. That's when I started playing
That is a pretty large timeframe. Also I figure if you never went to a tournament during that time, you weren't "around" then. You were merely aware of the scene.

Top Bottom