• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pinkie Pie Productions! Melee in Dallas Fort Worth

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I have the time and money to come to this, but I need a ride!! Can somebody help me out over here? South Fort Worth/Crowley area. :(

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Yo *****s, **** is going down!!! Area 51 is moving to a bigger, badder location in Grapevine and I'm ready for some statewide action. Let's make this **** happen!

We're probably going to be running Brawl and possibly another 2d fighter based on demand. If you have something you want to see - UMvC3, SSF4, BlazBlu, etcetc, let me know! Right now I'm leaning towards UMvC3 based on feedback I've heard...

garrR

Smash Apprentice
Yo *****s, **** is going down!!! Area 51 is moving to a bigger, badder location in Grapevine and I'm ready for some statewide action. Let's make this **** happen!

We're probably going to be running Brawl and possibly another 2d fighter based on demand. If you have something you want to see - UMvC3, SSF4, BlazBlu, etcetc, let me know! Right now I'm leaning towards UMvC3 based on feedback I've heard...
whoaaa umvc3 would be awesome!

Denti

Smash Master
Denti, I already know what your new character is, should I spoil it?

:phone:
That post is old! way to respond late to last month's tournament. It's Marth. It's not that good though.. well maybe it is okay and maybe I'm just not that knowledgable about Melee and I get ***** by things I should normally be able to DI out of.

edit: you should to UMVC3

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Wow, I got wrecked, lol.

Also, I find it interesting that I do much better in Project M than Melee, prolly because how smooth the brawl engine runs while Melee feels clunky to me. But that's just me though.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Also, I find it interesting that I do much better in Project M than Melee, prolly because how smooth the brawl engine runs while Melee feels clunky to me. But that's just me though.
That would likely be because PM doesn't actually take away all the brawl movement techniques (like foxtrotting/b-reversing/etc), its just adds on the melee ones.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I should be able to house some peeps this time around...new apartment is bigger (and actually has carpet floor instead of hardwood haha). Rob was saying in the Dallas facebook group that he should be able to house 2-3, also.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
I'm planning on going with a couple people, but I flaked on the last two so who knows if I'll actually make it.

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully I can make it to this. Then again, melee tourney's are litterally always just a little to far for me to go.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Guna get last at this. Try hard mode activated. How do you play Faclo??
Shoot Laser, Shine and Dair.

I'd be pumped to go to this if OK coming meant Chris was coming. I doubt that he would but I miss him like everyone else does.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I talked to Chris about it a couple weeks back, and he said that if P4A was at the event and money wasn't a problem he would make it...so theres a decent chance he will be here ;)

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I recently got a bunch of cool stuff from GameStop that I'll be passing along to you guys. Everyone who enters and pays entry fee will receive a raffle ticket. Here are a few things I'll be giving away:

Afterglow wireless headset - PS3 and 360
The Witcher 2 for Xbox 360
Dragon Quest IX for DS
T-shirts
Other swag

I think a lot of this is pretty sweet, it's just that I don't really need it. I hope it will make it worthwhile for some of you to come out!

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
i'll probably be there, let's keep it punctual and civilized, i don't wanna be late to the ***** bars with my newly acquired winnings. those raffle prizes are pretty rad, i hope i can win other swag.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
This tourney will also have UMvC3 and P4A as side events!

Please keep in mind these are SIDE EVENTS and I currently have 3 TVs total for both. More if people bring additional TVs + consoles, but the focus is Smash and the side events are specifically for Smashers. This doesn't mean other people can't come, it's just that I'm not promoting among the fighting game community.

New address:
201 N. Barton Street
Grapevine, TX 76051

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
I'll think about an RR for top 5 but I'm not sure it's worth it for such a small tourney.

I'm the TO.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
$5 each. I haven't determined payouts for these and it does depend on entrants. Anyone in the FGC know what's normal?

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
normal is going to a tekken event for tekken and a capcom fanboy event for streetfighter marvel sfxt etc. not going to a smash tournament to play on 1-2 setups in a small tournament.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
the best part about sitting around not being able to play smash at a smash tournament because lack of setups is watching people who are bad at melee never get better and sit there and play marvel

Top Bottom