• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin Pluck % Chart

Smash Master
Did you try Hanenbow w/ different colored leaves? It goes Green, Orange, Red, no?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah, i tested it for hanenbow and they're all the same. i think the reason for this is that it's still the same 'terrain'. nothing actually changes other than it's color, and color never seems to influence pluck percentages.

Ismael

Smash Ace
This greatly helps Olimar's stage choice. Even when he's CPed the unimformed won't know about Pikmin terrain change. Amazing, while I wouldn't rely on this 100% since they're just an average on which colors come, but still a worthy increase to Olimar's metagame if used well in tourneys.

Fino

Smash Master
This greatly helps Olimar's stage choice. Even when he's CPed the unimformed won't know about Pikmin terrain change. Amazing, while I wouldn't rely on this 100% since they're just an average on which colors come, but still a worthy increase to Olimar's metagame if used well in tourneys.
I CP marth's and pikachu's there... :D

~Fino

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i cp peach to frigate too :D
And in teams we cp frigate too (my partner's luigi and it's a good stage for him too ;D)

HollowHead

Smash Rookie
Wow! Extenisve work Hilt. I remember Sakurai saying this, but I always thought the percentages were completely negligible. This is really going to help my game.

Again, Kudos! :D

SmashLumpy

Smash Rookie
Thanks,this should help me alot. Most of my friends think Olimar is the most horrible character but,I intend to show them otherwise with the help of the Olimar boards.

PURPLE PIKMIN RULE!!!

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Gardening tips!

So, down at the Peach Boards, we've been wondering whether anything may affect the types of Turnips pulled up and terrain is one of the possible factors

We know that on the Smash Bros Dojo website it says that Pikmin pluck is affected by the terrain type and we were wondering the same thing for our Turnips (although the Dojo says that it's random :/)

I was wondering, how did you test for these %'s of Pikmin pluck? Did you pluck a certain amount, restart, pluck a certain amount again and take an average? Any advice you could give on how we could do our testing? I'd be really interested to know :) Thanks in advance

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah, i was wondering that too. it's possible, but i wouldnt expect it to be due to terrain. but do you all know the percentages for the turnips? i was considering testing it, DDD's forward special, and maybe peach's FSmash as well, but i'm pretty sure it'd just be 1/3 for each of the attacks.

as for how i tested it, i pulled a few hundred pikmin until the percentage looked solid enough for me to place it into one of the categories. If the percentage was looking irregular i'd pull a lot more (at the beach in delphino, i pulled a little over a thousand because it was so awkward :laugh:)

ChiefOnionSauce

Smash Cadet
...If the percentage was looking irregular i'd pull a lot more (at the beach in delphino, i pulled a little over a thousand because it was so awkward :laugh:)
Amazing. Indubitably.

I wonder how long that took you. Do you just pluck a pikmin, tally the color, throw away, rinse/repeat? Maybe I should do that for my AP Stat project...

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Amazing. Indubitably.

I wonder how long that took you. Do you just pluck a pikmin, tally the color, throw away, rinse/repeat? Maybe I should do that for my AP Stat project...
when i first started i'd pull six, tally the pikmin, kill myself, and restart. I also played on special brawl so i could speed it up ;D

but then i realized kirby with olimar's power has the same pluck percentage as olimar does, and the pikmin killed themselves right after they came out, so it went by a lot faster after i realized this.

as for how long it took me... well, for regular stages that dont change in any way (FD, lylat, etc) about twenty minutes for each type of terrain in the stage. It's the stages like stadium and Delphino that took forever >.> not only do they have a several types of terrain, but i'd have to wait for certain ones to show up (which got pretty annoying) and they'd change to a different part before i could even pull 30 :laugh:

Sudai

Stuff here
There's a code so you can lock a level into a specific portion of the stage and it won't move/change any more now so you don't have to deal with the part you want leaving.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
There's a code so you can lock a level into a specific portion of the stage and it won't move/change any more now so you don't have to deal with the part you want leaving.
=(

this would have been amazing if i knew about this a long time ago :laugh:
(why did i never think of that >.<)

although i may use hacks if i ever decide to test the boss battle stages.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
As of now, all of the terrain has been completed for all stages
I don't see Lylat Cruise anywhere... I'd be glad to help with that particular stage.

On another note, you're missing the transition stage of Castle Siege as well. About as significant as the Support Ghost percentages, but should perhaps be looked into for the sake of completion.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I don't see Lylat Cruise anywhere... I'd be glad to help with that particular stage.

On another note, you're missing the transition stage of Castle Siege as well. About as significant as the Support Ghost percentages, but should perhaps be looked into for the sake of completion.
Fixed. Thanks for pointing that out. I'd already tested lylat, i just missed it when putting the chart together. Standard yellow stage.

as for the transitioning stage of castle seige, i'll test that later on today. I'd assume it'd be a standard percentage, but i'll test it just to be sure.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Fixed. Thanks for pointing that out. I'd already tested lylat, i just missed it when putting the chart together. Standard yellow stage.

as for the transitioning stage of castle seige, i'll test that later on today. I'd assume it'd be a standard percentage, but i'll test it just to be sure.
updated my iTouch accordingly :D

btw hilt, that olimar thing i wanted to show you at MWC event i have on vid at my house right now and i could more than likely send it to you.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
yes, i'll wanna see that :D

My wii and brawl code are near my name, i'll just need your wii code.
well as of now its on my friend Wakka's wii, hes living with me due to unfortunate even of his house burning down so ill jump on that and figure it out here shortly and ill put it into my information

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i had no idea DanGR's reference thread was read often O_o

Also, this isnt a thread that is posted in often. If there's ever any activity in the rest of the olimar boards, this thread will be buried in a week or two. But okay.

Top Bottom