• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Piklopedia

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
FOR A LIST OF STANDARD BRAWL TERMS, GO TO THIS TOPIC:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227773

This is to create a reference for terms and inputs.
Hopefully, this will serve to disambiguate certain character-specific terms or provide information that hasn't been easily found in other parts of the boards.
However, I'm a little strapped for time and uncertain about certain definitions, so this needs to be a community effort. If you are certain of certain terms, please post a term with a definition in the following format:

-TERM-
Definition
Input

So far, we need the following terms defined:
Utility belt
P3 & Lil Snorlax (XD)
Pikmin Pluck Advantage
Rosa Parks

Edge Pluck -
Pluck right as you fall of an edge or platform.
You silently pluck a pikmin with no lag at all.

Instant Return -
An AT that allows Olimar to instantly land onstage from the ledge with little to no lag. Check the guide to see how it's performed.

Pikmin Desync -
When Olimar uses an attack against the opponent while the pikmin is being attacked and not next in Oli's line, the pikmin attacks regardless of its distance from Olimar.

Pikmin Rocket -
If an opponent hits a pikmin while it is being charged for a smash, the pikmin will launch in a very strange angle with a greatly increased hit-box.

Pluck Canceling -
Occurs when you have no pikmin and pluck one.
If you immediately input an attack after plucking that pikmin, you'll use that pikmin for the attack instantly before the pluck is completed.

Pluck Dashing -
Interrupting a dash by plucking a pikmin. This allows you to quickly do any attack or turn around on a dime.

Rainbow Shield (RS)-
Olimar has super armor during his Down-B.
This is less of an AT and more a characteristic of Olimar's Down-B, but good to know regardless.
Olimar can utilize this super armor to go through the opponent's attacks without receiving any
knock-back. This is one of Olimar's best tools for recovery and living to high percents.

Whistle Bouncing -
Reverse your direction in the air by performing a B reversal with whistle

Asa

Smash Hero
i love you sky

Rainbow Shield (RS): This is less of an AT and more a characteristic of olimar's down-b, but good to know regardless. Olimar has super armor during his down-b. Olimars can utilize this super armor to go through the opponent's attacks without receiving any knockback. This is one of olimar's best tools for recovery living to high percents.

RS can also be used to net you some KO's. Think of it as marth's counter, but it's actually a kill move. Try to bait your opponent to do an attack, activate your RS, and follow up with an usmash/dsmash.

Knowledge of matchups (knowing what your opponent will most likely do in a given situation) is important to fully utilize RS

Dnyce

Smash Master
Utility belt
P3 & Lil Snorlax
Pikmin Pluck Advantage - I still want that to catch on for stages =/
WAC
I'll post more as they come to me I guess

Noa.

Smash Master
Pluck Dashing - is interrupting a dash by plucking a pikmin. This allows you to quickly do any attack or turn around on a dime.
Pluck Canceling - occurs when you have no pikmin and pluck one. If you immeadiately input an attack after plucking that pikmin you'll use that pikmin for the attack instantly before the pluck is completed.
Instant Return - is an AT that allows Olimar to instantly land onstage from the ledge with little to not lag. Check the guide to see how it's performed.
Edge Pluck - is when you pluck right as you fall of an edge or platform. You silently pluck a pikmin with no lag at all.
Whistle Bouncing - is when you reverse your direction in the air with whistle by performing a B reversal.
Pikmin Rocket - Is when an opponent hits a pikmin while it is being charged for a smash. The pikmin will launch in a very strange angle with a greatly increased hitbox.
Pikmin Desync - is when a pikmin uses an attack against the opponent while it's being attacked and not next in Oli's line. Basically the pikmin attacks without the Olimar being next to it.
OoS (provide an explanation of inputs for things like Usmash OoS) - this doesn't need an explanation as it isn't Oli specific.

Herp derp ma derp

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
OP updated.
I'll organize these and start asking questions later. I already have a few for you, Draco.

About the OoS section, I was really looking for inputs.
Inputs for whistle bouncing would have been useful, too.
Maybe even an explanation of performing boost pivot grabs since people were asking about that a lot, too.

Thank you for contributing, Draco. ^_^

Top Bottom