• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika's Custom Moves Thread (Discuss 'em Here!)

Which moves do you use?

• Total voters

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Discuss Pikachu's custom moves here: properties, applications, combinations, even move names (until the English release comes out).

This first post aims to have as much info on the moves as possible, though it's still recommended to try out the moves yourself and get a feel for what your preferences are. Assume that most info about the standard move will apply to the custom moves as well unless otherwise stated. If anyone info regarding the custom moves let the thread know and I'll update the OP. Pics, gifs, and vids are all helpful too! Anything in italics can appreciate some more confirmation.

Shout-outs to XQuoteX for pretty much all of the preliminary information and visuals!

Also shout-outs to NinjaLink for the video on all of Pika's custom moves!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neutral B :GCB:

An electric projectile that bounces along the ground as an arc, Thunder jolt is unique in that it hugs surfaces and can ride up walls or under platforms, allowing the player to hit an opponent hanging at the edge from a safe distance. It travels at a steep diagonal angle downward in the air and will switch to the same properties it has when used from the ground upon surface contact. 5% damage, low knockback and hitstun. It travels about 2/3 the length of FD before petering out. Using it from the air then hitting the ground resets this distance, allowing Pikachu to full hop, jolt, and land in time to chase after it as an approach tool (This method is the most efficient considering its relatively longer endlag). It's also useful for zoning and edgeguarding. B-turnaround and B-reverse can help with mindgames. It can be absorbed and reflected.

A variation of the Thunder Jolt that stuns opponents much like ZSS's gun. The stun time depends on the opponent's damage percent (low vs high) and they can escape out of the stun faster by mashing. The jolt itself does 3% damage and has about less than half the range of a regular thunder jolt. It also has a lot of lag when using it on the ground so it's hard to capitalize when getting a stun off. However it's still highly recommended for set-up potential, which only gets better with increasing percent. It's best to use just after the apex of a full hop when in the air.

A large, electric ball that shoots out straight forward from Pikachu, losing its surface hugging properties for a more traditional projectile. It's a lot larger than his other neutral B variations, with medium range in between the first two - shorter than thunder jolt, longer than stun jolt. When used from the air it still shoots out horizontally and does not fall diagonally like the other jolts. It's benefit is it's damage, it does 3% with a 10% sweet spot on the tip of its range, which has good, potentially KO level knockback unlike the other jolts. However, it has the most endlag of all of the jolts, so it's harder to follow up especially when grounded, and only the sweetspot deals enough knockback for the kill, so it must be correctly spaced for proper use.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side B :GCR::GCB:

Pikachu flies horizontally at opponent. Uncharged deals 7% and 10% damage when stick is tilted and smashed respectively, can be charged for a short time (90 frames?) for a maximum of 22% damage. Uncharged travels a little over half the length of FD, while full charge travels the full length of FD. It's launch speed and knockback also increase with charge. It has a great deal of endlag but can be acted out of, so it is useful for augmenting Pikachu's recovery. It can also sweetspot the ledge, though it is a riskier method when Quick Attack is safer. Its hitbox now properly covers Pika's head, so can eat up some projectiles instead of being beaten by them, though this stops Pika's momentum so it is not recommended doing this unless far enough away.

Pikachu flies horizontally at opponent like Skull Bash but locks opponents in a multi-hit attack with the final attack hitting with some hard knockback. It's like a beefed up Pika Fair but with HUGE ending/landing lag, so it's very risky. It does about 7-9 hits of 1-2% damage with the final hit doing 3-4% and the knockback. It still can be charged for better damage and distance. For now, needs more testing, but I'd assume it works well in FFAs.

Pikachu flies horizontally at opponent just like the others, but after entering the button sequence, Pikachu blasts forward at a blinding speed. This makes it great for catching opponents by surprise or punishing rolls. Charging takes less time and now only increases damage, as the range is now fixed (see here), so while it doesn't travel as far (being the shortest of all three bashes) it makes spacing and tricks like sweetspotting the ledge from stage more consistent. It has same landing lag as Skull Bash, which considering it's capacity of both damage AND speed is not bad at all. The knockback starts about the same as Skull Bash for the most part but becomes a kill move option at above 100%. Damage varies based on distance from opponent (perhaps it's a timed hitbox), doing 15% up close, then with increasing distance 10%, 5%, and then 2%. Full charge does 32% point blank, then 21%, 10%, and 4% max distance. Be warned that if you use the bash out of a walk, run, dash jump, pivot, or skid, it only does 6% up close, 4% midrange, 2% far. So for max damage use when still or going in the opposite direction of your initial movement (So you can side B out of a dash in the opposite direction but pivot cancelling will result in lower damage). You can charge the bash out of movement back to max damage, but the charge time will take longer, comparable to regular skull bash. The move appears to have a beneficial glitch where the distance covered is tripled if it is the first action you take out of hitstun (see here). This would make it both an amazing horizontal recovery option and a great punish/KO move (kills Mario from FD center at 124% uncharged, 44% full charge), so it's a highly recommended choice.

Up B :GCU::GCB:

Pikachu zips through the air at tremendous speed in any direction. As in previous games it can be done twice by moving the control stick to a direction different from the original direction (22 degrees apart?), so (for now) it can't be used in the same direction twice. First QA (QA1) deals 2% damage, second QA (QA2) deals 3% damage with greater knockback and enough hitstun to potentially follow up at mid percents. One QA travels about a third of the length of FD. Pikachu cannot Quick Attack Cancel (a la Brawl) on horizontal surfaces but can on sloped surfaces and can Quick Attack Edge/Ledge Cancel. The lag when quick attacking into the ground is slightly faster than lag from special fall. It's inherent mix-up potential, speed, and distance covered makes it one of the best recovery moves in the franchise.

Pikachu zips through the air in any direction twice like standard Quick Attack but at a slower speed and shorter distance. It is considerably more difficult to pull off as it seems there is a precise timing to input the second direction. It also has more startup lag than normal Quick Attack. It's utility is the meteor smash effect if you hit the opponent at the very beginning of either of the zips. If you hit in the middle of a zip, it still sends them downwards, but not nearly as strong as the meteor smash sweet spot. It seems more successful when hitting the opponent at a downward, diagonal zip, though it can spike when hitting at the tip/max distance of the first or second zip, be it horizontal, vertical, or diagonal. This makes it a very potent edgeguarding tool for players used to using Quick Attack from the ledge to steal opponents' jumps. It has slightly more knockback that the regular Quick Attack. As it does not cover as much distance, so recommend pairing with regular skull bash for adequate recovery. (NOTE: need damage)

Pikachu zips through the air at tremendous speed in a single direction. It can be only done once and the range is like two individual zips of Quick Attack if not more (half the distance of FD). Though the viabiity of the second direction is lost, the quickness and end lag are the same as regular Quick Attack, so just remember that the user must commit to the first zip. It does 5% damage with the same knockback as QA1 and has increased hitstun, so it can potentially be good for long distance rushdown. When zipping diagonally downward towards the stage, instead of just landing, the zip will continue horizontally across the stage for the remaining distance you have (think of the "Nike" check mark logo).

Down B :GCD::GCB:

PIKA! Pikachu calls on a thunderbolt from the sky. It has massive disjoint, though distance nerfed from previous games. Bolt deals 9% damage and sends opponent diagonally upwards. If Pikachu hits itself with the bolt, it generates a "splash" hitbox that deals 15% damage and greater knockback, with less endlag and air stalling properties. The top most portion of bolt is a meteor, which can combo into the thunder splash for a quick damage builder but makes Thunder spiking more difficult to pull off. B-reverse thunder can be used for edgeguarding, though as the bolt itself is shorter its effective timing is stricter. A frame 1 activation means that the bolt itself cannot be stuffed. The bolt can go through top plaform (but not side platforms) of Battlefield.

This move forgoes the bolt and instead discharges electricity from around it. It has three hits, the first two do 2% each, and the last hit does 15%. The last hit has considerable knockback, with the greatest knockback when used right next to the opponent. When used from the air the discharge does not follow Pika down as he falls, so it could possible work as an anti-air punish. It is possible to KO Mario from center FD at 92%, so it seems to be a potent kill move. However, it has great start and end lag, so use to punish rolls and spotdodges, don't use offstage unless you are high up, and the first two hits make it SDIable, so use it sparingly.

The bolt starts higher and deals more damage at the cloud than near Pikachu. The cloud is extremely high up, so the bolt takes a while to hit Pikachu. Seemingly still a Frame 1 move, though more than likely less effective at combo breaking since it has to travel longer. It is very similar to Pikachu's Thunder from previous games since it looks designed to kill off the ceiling with it. But it's easily dodged and punished, so it is probably only good for following up Up smash and for platform heavy stages like Battlefield. Unsure if meteor hitbox is still near cloud, though if it was it would be even less practical. Essentially need more testing

Last edited:

XQuoteX

Smash Cadet
Alrighty, figured I'd chime in since I have the full game and main the Pika. I put in the time to unlock all of his customs so I'll list them, though I dont think I'll be able to do much outside of phone quality photos to accompany the written info. Don't know the official names since I cant read Japanese so I'm just nicknaming them for now. Feel free to change the names. Here we go! (going to use your current layout for ease of entry, though I dont know the damage specifics, I may look into it and add later)

Neutral B:

1 - Thunder Jolt - Electric projectile that bounces of the ground and hugs surfaces, travels diagonally downward in the air. (?)% damage, (?) knockback, (?) hitstun. Useful for zoning, approaching (Pika can full hop and chase after landing), and edgeguarding. B-turnaround and B-reverse can help with mindgames.

2 - Stun Jolt - A variation of the Thunder Jolt that stuns opponents much like ZSS's gun. Stun lasts about a solid second or so, can be mashed out of but stuns effectively regardless. Seems to stun for longer when opponent is at higher percentages. The jolt itself does 1-2% damage and has about less than half the range a regular thunder jolt does. Has a lot of lag when using it on the ground so its hard to capitalize when getting a stun off. Using from the air has been very effective for me and its range seems to be extended when used from the air. My favorite custom move by far and seems to be the absolute best Pikachu has in his arsenal.

3 - Thunder ball - A large, electric ball that shoots out straight forward from pikachu. Is a lot larger than his other neutral B variations. Has a medium range in between the first two, shorter than thunder jolt, longer than stun jolt. When used from the air it still shoots out horizontally, does not fall diagonally like the other jolts. Did about 3% to the sandbag if I remember correctly, but has a sweet spot on the tip of its range that did 10% and has some knockback unlike the other jolts.

Side B:

1 - Skull Bash - Pikachu flies horizontally at opponent. Uncharged deals 7% damage, can be charged for (?) seconds/frames for a maximum of 22% damage. Uncharged travels (?) length of FD, while full charge travels (?) length. Speed and knockback also increase with charge. Has a great deal of endlag (more on land or air?) but can be acted out of, so it is useful for recovery. Can sweetspot the ledge.

2 - Volt Tackle - Pikachu flies horizontally at opponent like Skull Bash, but Volt Tackle locks opponents in a multi-hit attack with the final attack hitting with some hard knockback. Very similar to Pikachu's fair, but has HUGE ending/landing lag. Very risky move. Does about 7-9 hits of 1-2% damage with the final hit doing 3-4% plus its knockback. Still can be charged for better damage.

3 - Rocket Bash - Pikachu flies horizontally at opponent just like the others, but after entering the button sequence, Pikachu blasts forward at a blinding speed, very very fast. Great for catching opponents by suprise or punishing rolls. Still can be charged up for better damage. Has same landing lag ad Skull Bash, so its not bad at all really. Knock back is the same as Skull Bash for the most part, but becomes a kill move option at above 100%. Has the shortest range of the 3 side B's but has another odd property that I'm still trying to figure out. In my experience, when knocked off screen, upon use of this side B, Pikachu misfires like Luigi can with his side B and it LAUNCHES SO FAR. the distance is basically a little shorter than from blast zone to blast zone. It is an amazing horizontal recovery option and my side B custom of choice. Does from 3-16% depending on the distance. 3-5% if just barely hitting at max range, 11% if hitting from about mid range, and 16% if hitting at close range.

Up B:

1 - Quick Attack - Pikachu zips through the air at tremendous speed in any direction. Can be done twice by moving the control stick (?) degrees from original direction, so can't be used in the same direction twice. First QA (QA1) deals (?) damage, second QA (QA2) deals (?) damage (has greater knockback?). One QA travels (?) length of FD. Cannot Quick Attack Cancel, but can Quick Attack Edge/Ledge Cancel. Lag when quick attacking into the ground is (faster/slower?) than lag from special fall.

2 - Heavy Quick Attack - Pikachu zips through the air at a slower speed in any direction. Can be done twice by moving the control stick just the same as Quick Attack, but is considerably more difficult to pull off as it seems there is a precise timing to input the second direction. This Quick attack has a meteor smash effect so this attack has amazing potential, but my experience using has been a bit wonky. Most of my sucessfull spikes were when hitting the opponent at a downward, diagonal zip, but few times I did spike when hitting at the tip/max distance of the first or second zip, be it horizontal, vertical, or diagonal. Seems to do just a bit more knockback that the regular Quick Attack. Still have to play around with this custom though.

3 - Sprint - Pikachu zips through the air at tremendous speed in a single direction. Can be only done once and the range is like two individual zips of Quick Attack if not more. Does not seem all that useful, since being able to zip in multiple directions is viable in many situations.

Down B:

1 - Thunder - Pikachu calls on a thunderbolt from the sky. Has huge disjoint, though distance nerfed from previous games. Bolt deals (X) damage and sends opponent upwards (Sakurai angle?). If Pikachu hits itself with the bolt, it generates a "splash" hitbox that deals (?) damage and greater knockback, with less endlag and air stalling properties. Cloud and top portion of bolt is a meteor, which can combo into the thunder splash but makes Thunder spiking nonviable. B-reverse thunder can be used for edgeguarding. Frame 1 move.

2 - "Self Generation" - Forgoes the bolt and instead discharges electricity from around it. Apparently has multiple hits and large knockback. Has an ENORMOUS ending lage and is easily punished. When used from the air the discharge does not follow Pika down as he falls, so it doesnt seem viable offstage for the most part. Though I could see it being used for punshing rolls or approaches. In the training room (against a Sheik CPU) I was able to kill from center stage at 85-90%, this could vary wildly between characters on the recieving end of this attack.

3 - "Great Thunder" - Bolt starts higher and deals more damage at starting point than near Pikachu. Does not have a cloud from what I can tell. Very similar to Pikachu's Thunder from previous games since its possible to kill off the ceiling with. Though it seems slower than Pikachu's old thunder. Easily dodged and punished.

Last edited:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Wow all of them already! Thanks so much! I'll add them to the OP.

I love how all of these look interesting. Rocket Bash seems to be something Pika would definitely love right now. It's also great that Thunderspiking could potentially make a comeback.

I'd be down with Stun Jolt too. Or maybe we can call it something more Pokemon-like (maybe Thunder Wave?)

Smaggles

Smash Cadet
Might I suggest giving credit to Quote in the OP now that you've added his post to it?

XQuoteX

Smash Cadet
Wow all of them already! Thanks so much! I'll add them to the OP.

I love how all of these look interesting. Rocket Bash seems to be something Pika would definitely love right now. It's also great that Thunderspiking could potentially make a comeback.

I'd be down with Stun Jolt too. Or maybe we can call it something more Pokemon-like (maybe Thunder Wave?)
Yeah thunder wave would be perfect! Also if some are curious to see a couple of these in action, I am a mod and player on Jed05's twitch streams and youtube channel so I would recommend taking a look at his channel/stream to see some footage of my matches that make use of the moves. The two customs I use are Stun Jolt (now Thunder Wave) and Rocket Bash. Perhaps someone can make gifs or images from one of these videos since they make use of a 3ds capture card.

Last edited:

Smaggles

Smash Cadet
Thunder wave looks REALLY powerful especially considering how fast pikachu is. It might cover his weakness of not being able to kill easily since he can just paralyze then up smash.

XQuoteX

Smash Cadet
I guess the only issue is that I dont know if I ever used Thunder Wave while grounded in those first two matches. In the later match against Owlyx's Sheik I believe I did occasionally though. It would be good for others to see how harsh the ending lag is for using it while grounded.

Last edited:

XQuoteX

Smash Cadet
Stun Jolt looks absolutely amazing~

Could we see all of the specials please?
I'll try to see if I can successfully pull saved matches off of my 3DS's SD card and post gifs of each move here.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I am unable to pull the replays off of the 3DS SD card... I can do photos but for some reason the replays are only available for viewing in Smash 4's vault.

Last edited:

Soul.

Stun Jolt is awesome, especially in higher percents. It lets Pikachu follow up with something else, which could help its problem with K.O'ing.
That Great Thunder, though.

Angiance

Smash Lord
I'll try to see if I can successfully pull saved matches off of my 3DS's SD card and post gifs of each move here.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I am unable to pull the replays off of the 3DS SD card... I can do photos but for some reason the replays are only available for viewing in Smash 4's vault.
Yeah, photos are fine. Thanks, if you don't mind! ^ - ^

XQuoteX

Smash Cadet
So if everyone is happy with the gifs Choice Scarf posted, I can play on stream with Jed05 again using the remaining customs and ask him to upload a video of it to youtube so we can get gifs of them here.

XQuoteX

Smash Cadet
Here come some photos! Each is an album of 2-4 photos, so don't just quickly hoverzoom over them and miss some of the additional photos! Changed 1 or 2 names to fit the pokemon theme a bit. Feel free to add them to the original post as desired, dont know how to get them to appear without providing link haha...

Neutral B
:

1 - Thunder Jolt - http://imgur.com/a/rsD5O

2 - "Thunder Wave" - http://imgur.com/a/lE1VD

3 - "Electro Ball" - http://imgur.com/a/ZUwMU
Side B:

1 - Skull Bash - http://imgur.com/a/SmaeB

2 - "Volt Tackle" - http://imgur.com/a/oG9fe

3 - "Rocket Bash" - http://imgur.com/a/wNVQu

Up B:

1 - Quick Attack - http://imgur.com/a/dpeTD

2 - "Heavy Quick Attack" - http://imgur.com/a/uPrOd

NOTE: Tested the meteor smash effect while getting these pictures. Seems to meteor smash downwards if you to the opponent at the very beginning or either two zips, which can be seen in this album. If you hit in the middle of a zip, it still sends them downwards, but not nearly as strong as the meteor smash sweet spot.

3 - "Sprint" - http://imgur.com/a/To5Oo

NOTE: Also found an interesting property with Sprint. When ziping diagonal at a downward angle towards the stage, instead of just landing, the zip will continue horizontally across the stage for the remaining distance you have. Think of the "Nike"check mark logo.

Down B
:

1 - Thunder - http://imgur.com/a/faxSi

2 - "Shock Wave" - http://imgur.com/a/nrton

3 - "Great Thunder" - http://imgur.com/a/pSDgn

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Pikachu now has a final smash and a custom move called volt tackle? Well ok then. >.>

Thunder wave is looking awesome. While I'm not sure about the other custom moves, thunder wave is for sure going on my Pikachu. <3

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
We just gave them temporary names. Electro Ball would honestly be a better name for the final smash, but I don't know if the localization team will bite. Perhaps Wild Charge or Spark could work as better names?

Also, adding more of Quote's stuff to the OP and prettying the crap out of it. A spoiler tag seems to fit two pics per row so I'll keep two pics per move for now. Gfycats will be hyperlinked to the relevant text shortly.

XQuoteX

Smash Cadet
We just gave them temporary names. Electro Ball would honestly be a better name for the final smash, but I don't know if the localization team will bite. Perhaps Wild Charge or Spark could work as better names?

Also, adding more of Quote's stuff to the OP and prettying the crap out of it. A spoiler tag seems to fit two pics per row so I'll keep two pics per move for now. Gfycats will be hyperlinked to the relevant text shortly.
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the final smash being called Electro Ball. WIld Charge and Spark sound great, allocate them as you see fit!

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Oh did they change it to Electro Ball? I just assumed it was called Volt Tackle as it was called that in Brawl.

XQuoteX

Smash Cadet
Oh did they change it to Electro Ball? I just assumed it was called Volt Tackle as it was called that in Brawl.
Oh, no it was just an assumption on my part as well. Thanks for formatting everything, It looks Beautiful!

Unresolved

Smash Cadet
NNID
Unresolved
3DS FC
4596-9792-3892
Wow, so it looks like Pikachu's thunder wave will definitely be used by pretty much everyone, hopefully tournaments don't end up banning custom moves. I really want to use this.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
That Thunder Wave looks amazing, and can definitely patch up some of Pikachu's shortcomings in terms of approaching and securing kills. If Pikachu can use it to extend his already amazing combo game, he's gonna be one hell of a rat to fight.

Soul.

Thanks @ XQuoteX XQuoteX for the images!
Yeah, every Pikachu main will use Stun Jolt the most. The move will have a lot of utility it seems.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Just to be fair, as much as I'm loving Thunder Wave right now, people shouldn't forget the tradeoff that you sacrifice overall range. Using it both solely in the air and on the ground have cover lackluster space.

But it seems the range "resets" if you time using it just after the apex of a full jump so that it hits the ground just before it would peter out in the air.

So you basically gain "tighter" stage control, in both the sense of getting a better and safer close range and a less controllable mid range. I don't know how good it will be for edgeguarding since the range you'd need to hit the opponent puts you pretty close to eating an aerial in return, and who knows if the endlag is short enough to chain into an aerial yourself. But yeah, the stun is great for so many possible set-ups, so it's probably worth it if you love aggressive playstyles and close ranged combat.

Anyway, quick tangent, but I have also found Quote's matches. More gfycats inbound soon :chuckle:

vs Owlyx's Sheik here.

vs The Comic Fiend's Little Mac here.

Last edited:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Delayed double post here.

First off, Serebii, a Pokemon info site, posted all of the Pokemon's custom moves because I guess they care about it as long as Pokemon are involved or something. Pikachu's is here and has simplified versions of what we know already.

Second, after reviewing the matches, I was wondering if the distance differences in Rocket Bash was actually controlled by smashing vs tilting the circle pad (so smash B vs tilt B like how Samus's missiles work). This was actually a thing in Melee but it had negligible application. Can @ XQuoteX XQuoteX or anyone else with the custom move test it out?

XQuoteX

Smash Cadet
Delayed double post here.

First off, Serebii, a Pokemon info site, posted all of the Pokemon's custom moves because I guess they care about it as long as Pokemon are involved or something. Pikachu's is here and has simplified versions of what we know already.

Second, after reviewing the matches, I was wondering if the distance differences in Rocket Bash was actually controlled by smashing vs tilting the circle pad (so smash B vs tilt B like how Samus's missiles work). This was actually a thing in Melee but it had negligible application. Can @ XQuoteX XQuoteX or anyone else with the custom move test it out?
Sure I'll test it out later on tonight.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to make any difference. Just for reference, in the matches I always tilted rocket bash when near a blast zone.

Last edited:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Nuts. Oh well, hopefully there's something that's governing what's going on.

Anyway more updates. Interesting post from reddit - apparently official names and descriptions about all custom moves. See here.

Relevant section on Pikachu:

Thunder Jolt - Send a ball of electricity bouncing along the stage.
Thunder Wave - The ball of electricity paralyzes foes but does less damage.
Thunder Shock - Shoot a ball of electricity horizontally. Triggers a small blast as it disappears.

Skull Bash - A flying headbutt that can be charged up.
Shocking Skull Bash - A flying headbutt that deals multiple hits. The last hit has added launch power.
Heavy Skull Bash - Dives sideways. Deals more damage if it hits near the start of the attack.

Quick Attack - A fast attack in any direction. Change direction midmove to move a second time.
Meteor Quick Attack - A Quick Attack with a meteor effect. Potent at the start and when changing direction.
Quick Feet - Doesn't move twice, but moves much farther than Pikachu's other up specials.

Thunder - A lightning strike that deals more damage to opponents if the bolt hits you.
Thunder Burst - An electrical burst around you that sends opponents flying.
Distant Thunder - The thundercloud will appear higher up. Deals more damage near the cloud.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Is there a way you could put gifs for all of these instead of pictures? The pictures dont make it easy to tell whats happening.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Once there are actually videos to work with then yes. For now the gifs are hyperlinked wherever applicable in the description. I'd honestly like to get a full video of all moves but I can't do it myself without the full game (or a capture card ideally).

Edit: Speaking of videos, here's one courtesy of NinjaLink! I'll add to the OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WrAok5IW1o

Last edited:

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Once there are actually videos to work with then yes. For now the gifs are hyperlinked wherever applicable in the description. I'd honestly like to get a full video of all moves but I can't do it myself without the full game (or a capture card ideally).

Edit: Speaking of videos, here's one courtesy of NinjaLink! I'll add to the OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WrAok5IW1o
Man. I wanted to add it XD

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
lol my bad @ NinjaLink NinjaLink . But thanks for the vids on all the chars, doing god's work here. :D

Anyway, I guess that means we have enough basic material to move on to more in-depth theory crafting. Or we can wait a week until everyone can get their hands on the moves properly. I updated the OP with more info and the leaked localized names and will keep adding more stuff.

In the mean time, let's discuss more! For example, a lot of the less talked about moves like what's now Shocking Skull Bash and Thunderburst seem like they would be great in FFAs. 3222 for jankiest build?

Smaggles

Smash Cadet
I don't think thunderwave is as good as you're all making it out to be. Don't get me wrong, it definitely seems very strong, but with that much of a range loss I don't think it's a definite upgrade. Especially against characters who may do a lot of long range spam, like DHD who is proving out to be very popular, and even campier then he is popular.

Angiance

Smash Lord
I agree with the above post.

While Thunder Wave may stun them, it deals practically zero damage, and the only significant stun is from it's aerial hitbox

Thunder Jolt deals good damage, and *goes across the entire stage*, while also having good combo capability of it's own

It's a preference thing I guess~

Psyant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Psyant
Just wanted to say Heavy Skull Bash is awesome. I think I'd always take it over the default Skull Bash. Not only is it still good for recovery and goes a good distance without needing to be charged, but it has INSANE killing power. Partly charged, not even fully charged, and hitting at close range, it can KO at as little as 50% on mid-weights.

One trick I've had some success with is going for a shorthop nair at 40-50% which leads easily into a jab reset on a failed tech. From there, once you jab reset, you can partly charge Side B at point blank range as they're forced to stand up into it, KO'ing very early at best and doing a truckload of damage at worst.

And, if you ever get a shield break and get a chance to fully charge it...well, dead at 40. Even less if you're near the edge.

Psyant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Psyant
So uh, what the hell is going on when you use Heavy Skull Bash after being knocked off the visible screen to the side? When you use it right after being nearly knocked to the blast zone Pikachu rockets an absurd distance, like a Luigi misfire except it happens every time.

Not complaining, it's amazing, but it's weird. It'd be nice if we could figure out what causes it.

Last edited:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
That is weird. But at least that might explain when misfires happen - just when you're in the magnifying lens or something. Maybe that's why I could never get the misfire to happen on stage. We probably need to test it more

Psyant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Psyant
If I go off the screen into the magnifying glass myself it doesn't work. It seems to be only when I've just been hit there by someone else. Bizarre.

Top Bottom