• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu's Next Tier Placement in June

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
A Tier would be pushing it too far, but anywhere in B Tier is good for Pikachu. But then again, Olimar and Lucario still have a good advantage over Pikachu, so he might not move.

Pikachu won't move. All these CGs did is shuffle the positions of those above him.
Your probably right about that. To many counters between the top to pikachus current position. Although, pikachu is certainly a stronger candidate for scoring higher tourneys now as the Match-ups against a lot of those top tier people don't really stop pikachu.

If I had to warrant a guess I'd say this is what would happen.

MK had the advantage on Pikachu, but still this puts it a bit more even.

Snake it was dead even, but this will place it in pikachu's advantage.

Falco is the same as snake.

DDD had a disadvantage against Pikachu and will get more of a disadvantage now.

G&W and Marth still counter pikachu

Diddy Kong was at a slight disadvantage maybe even. Now pikachu has more of an advantage.

Snake and MK. I think will remain in the same positions. They still have too many decent match-ups and stuff for this to affect them too much, but it might close the gap between and SS, S and A groupings. S to A vs pretty dang close anyway and with this it might change it to MK being in it's own tier while Snake joins the A tier people.

DDD and Falco were pretty dang close in points (only .09 apart). Since Falco gets a heavier blow from the CG then DDD(yet to be determined how badly the match-up will become for Falco) I think that DDD will reclaim it's spot as 3rd Tier spot.

Falco still had a large enough gap from G&W and marth for him to achieve 4th I think.

G&W and Marth had like a .5 point difference. I think being able to counter pikachu might not change there standings much, but it would increase the point value putting it closer to falco and with marth being a heavier counter than G&W he gets closer to G&Ws spot.

Diddy Kong... not sure how bad that is yet.

Diddy Kong, if it was bad, would go down a bit in points. So with Diddy going down and marth/G&W going up that might create a new boundary between A and B tiers shifting

So here is what I think would happen given current information.

S Tier
MK

A Tier
Snake
DDD
Falco
G&W
Marth
Diddy Kong

Edit: Thinking about the point totals. Being able to have decent and advantages on a lot of the top tiers might increase pikachu's points enough to raise it out of C tier and place at bottom of B tier.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The CGs won't lower the people's points more than .03. The MU against ONE person won't effect the points...that is stupid if you think that. The CG will help against those characters, but it is the OVERALL performance, not the performance against pikachu. I think pikachu might go up 1-2, but that is it. The other characters have to prove they are worse more than pikachu has to prove he is better in order for the position to change.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Pikachu seems like he will definately be rising a few spots. I am happy for you guys :)

G&W and Marth still counter pikachu

G&W does not counter Pikachu. I'd say the matchup is 55:45 in G&W's favour at best. Pika's speed is a problem, and the Bucket really doesn't make any difference against a smart Pika.

Diddy Kong... not sure how bad that is yet.

Diddy Kong, if it was bad, would go down a bit in points. So with Diddy going down and marth/G&W going up that might create a new boundary between A and B tiers shifting
Diddy Kong has the potential to rise a few spots.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
but you are wrong. G&W does counter pika. while pika does have a good advantadge in his movement speed, G&W has good priority and attacks that kill pkachu at 80 or lower. its not too much of an advantadge but i would still call it 40-60 at the very least.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
It depends whether or not the pika is anther. :p Seriously though, it is a disadvantage, but not impossible.

gallax

Smash Hero
gaw is a potential counter. he can kill pika at crazy low percents and his dijointed hitboxes are just plain crazy. but, i dont think he is a true counter with the emphasis on true.

pika will not move that much on the list imo.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i think that he will move little , if any up though, but with the addition of the new stuff, i believe that people will try out pika more in a competitive environment, since most of the characters (the popular tourney ones anyway) have some sort of way to even the matchup, and hopefully that will lead to more usage and victories! I know i'm tryin to rep pika in AZ, since axe does it for melee, maybe I'll get him into brawl too haha

Top Bottom