• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu possible starter for Pokemon Platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueportHero

Smash Rookie
Hi, i checked the new Pokemon Platinum trailer, and noticed alot of things that some strange things. One of them was that Piplup is allowed in the (i think it was) new, rebuilt Amity Square. Anyway, the most strange thing was that i saw a Pikachu in level 5 against a level 3 Starly. So Pikachu is maybe a starter? It could be that you meet Pikachu early in the game, which it probably is, but it's still pretty strange. I can even prove the existence of Pikachu in the early Platinum by this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEezFs3bi3I.
1:47, in the video, it showes what is just said.

Please comment about the existance of Pikachu as once again, a starter.

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that one clip is concrete enough evidence to support Pickachu being a selectable starter. Capturable a bit earlier? Maybe. But who ever took the clip could have easily just done a hundred things to get a Lv 5 Pikachu and fought against a Lv 3 Starly.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I doubt that Pikachu's a starter. That was a one-time Yellow Version thing, that was the big thing about the version.

Plus, if they make Pikachu a starter I'll cry.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Like everyone said I think pika is a pokemon you can catch early on (like in viridian forest in R/B/G/Y and FR/LG).

Pokemon Platinum thread plz :)

EDIT: postman..you're back??

Spire

III
BRoomer
I want to start with a Magby, pronto. However, I think that it's pretty cool for Pikachu to be a starter, whether or not it actually will be in Platinum (I highly doubt it, seeing as how new artwork for Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup was released).

urdailywater

Smash Hero
If I had to choose between Piplup and Pikachu I would cry.

This is probably false.

If anything that Pikachu was breeded for advertisement purposes.

Sort of a trick?

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
That was a yellow exclusive. Raichu back then was pretty good (don't know if the starter Pika could evolve). Now, having a Pika/Raichu as a starter would be crippling to a team. Look at its base stats as compared to Empleon's, Torterra's, or Infernape's. It's just showing Pika (the spotlight Pokémon) battling a Starly. Coincidence.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
I think they should make a game where your starter is completely and totally random (barring Legendaries and making it the lowest evolutionary rank in the line). That would make it pretty fun, unless you were stuck with a Magikarp at the beginning... Man, that would suck. Then again, that's why people restart.

BladeRadio0

Smash Apprentice
I would'nt think they would put him as a starter unless it has the same seceret like one of the earlier games i forgot wich one but i think if you play for a few hours without entering the professers lab he'll tell the rest have been choosen and you can get a pikachu like ash...

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I would'nt think they would put him as a starter unless it has the same seceret like one of the earlier games i forgot wich one but i think if you play for a few hours without entering the professers lab he'll tell the rest have been choosen and you can get a pikachu like ash...
Talk to him a few hundred more times and you can get Pikablu. Move the truck. Mew is under it.

That information is false. Just like most other Pokemon based rumor.
Unless this is Pokemon Platinum: Special Pikachu edition, Pikachu will not be a starter.

BladeRadio0

Smash Apprentice
yeah i'm not one hundred percent sure about that pikachu in the early games. I don't really care what the starters are though cause i usally main some other pokemon like in emerald i just caught a ralts for my starter. I'll just transfer over a trapinch for platnuim.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Pikachu- I don't care if it's a starter or not. He won't be that good until you get a Light Ball.

Beldum for starter plz. I won't have to rebreed him for moves later in the game o_o;;

sonofthesky

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu- I don't care if it's a starter or not. He won't be that good until you get a Light Ball.

Beldum for starter plz. I won't have to rebreed him for moves later in the game o_o;;
USE THE HEART SCALES.

Jesus.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I think they should make a game where your starter is completely and totally random (barring Legendaries and making it the lowest evolutionary rank in the line). That would make it pretty fun, unless you were stuck with a Magikarp at the beginning... Man, that would suck. Then again, that's why people restart.
starting with a magikarp would be freakin awesome!!!! gyrados ahoy (if ur patient enough to train him)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom