• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu pisses me off to no end.

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
How do you deal with Toon Link? I play my Pikachu friend and ****it he plays well. He will always full jump then thunderjolt. So he hops over my arrows he air dodges my bomb. Then proceeds to Fair---> Land----> DSmash----> QAC----> Thunder.

Thats just a sample of one of his combos. I find it impossible to camp him since he has above average running speed and he has decent dodging skills. Do any of you guys think TL is an even matchup? Or played any good TL?

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
I main both Pikachu & Toon Link. You outrange him, so keep him away with f-tilts & b-airs. I'm pretty sure the boomerang cuts through thunderjolts so use that more often. It's a very versatile projectile since it can be angled. QAC can be a problem but the boomerang & bombs should stop it. Just do your best to keep him away. IMO the match is even.

neji32

Smash Lord
Why do all other TLs camp. Try not camping. Your up smash is faster than most if not all his ground attacks. Combo Boomerang to arrows to bombs in stead of all arrows and always pressure him. Your neutral air should out range and out prioritize all of pikas aerials as well. If u knock pika on the air, your up is the best approach. It kills at pretty low percent.
Just dont camp.

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
Why do all other TLs camp. Try not camping. Your up smash is faster than most if not all his ground attacks. Combo Boomerang to arrows to bombs in stead of all arrows and always pressure him. Your neutral air should out range and out prioritize all of pikas aerials as well. If u knock pika on the air, your up is the best approach. It kills at pretty low percent.
Just dont camp.

LOL. Trying to approach a pikachu from the air... Do you even know pikas move set? And no Im not talking about thunder. Or how small he is for that matter?

Roller

Smash Legend
How do you deal with Toon Link? I play my Pikachu friend and ****it he plays well. He will always full jump then thunderjolt. So he hops over my arrows he air dodges my bomb. Then proceeds to Fair---> Land----> DSmash----> QAC----> Thunder.

Thats just a sample of one of his combos. I find it impossible to camp him since he has above average running speed and he has decent dodging skills. Do any of you guys think TL is an even matchup? Or played any good TL?
Wow, from what you said about your friend sounds EXACTLY like you are describing me. Are you sure I'M not the friend you are refering to? lol

Pikachu, when you think about it, seems to be a Spammer's wet dream. Thunder Jolt to shut down approaches from the groynd, Thunder to stop approaches from the air. Some twisted electrical form of Peach's Whorenado in Dsmash, and his Fsmash. Really it's ****ing rediculous, espiacially in multiplayer FFAs. Your busy fighting somewhere else then ****ing Pikachu comes out of nowhere.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Pit's more annoying than Pikachu. And the most annoying..
God somebody please kill Pit...

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Actually, the most annoying is anyone who spams projectile. Still, if it works against your opponent, then that's their problem. :chuckle: If anyone hasn't picked up on how to overcome it, then that's sad.

gallax

Smash Hero
Toon Link is the most annoying by far. i dont care what anybody else says. TL is ****ing annoying. if TL shows up then i go crazy.

Fenvir

Smash Cadet
Really? For me just the sound of Game and Watch is enough for me to turn off the volume. Don't much like looking at him either.

TL I normally drop on them after they attack... not much detail there right now...

AfroThunder396

Smash Cadet
Pikachu, when you think about it, seems to be a Spammer's wet dream. Thunder Jolt to shut down approaches from the groynd, Thunder to stop approaches from the air. Some twisted electrical form of Peach's Whorenado in Dsmash, and his Fsmash. Really it's ****ing rediculous, espiacially in multiplayer FFAs. Your busy fighting somewhere else then ****ing Pikachu comes out of nowhere.
Agreed 100%

Anyone who doesn't think pikachu is annoying needs to watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oezb7CjBAI

Roller

Smash Legend
Agreed 100%

Anyone who doesn't think pikachu is annoying needs to watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oezb7CjBAI
First of all, pika doesn't even win there...

Second, That was a 4 player match...everyone spams in those, especially on FD.

Third, Pit is SOOOOOOO much better at spamming. His arrows bend to whereveryou want them to go, you can charge them, you haveTWO reflecting moves, You can also spam his side B, You can fly around untill the cows come home, and you have powerfull and spammable smashes to boot...

AfroThunder396

Smash Cadet
First of all, pika doesn't even win there...

Second, That was a 4 player match...everyone spams in those, especially on FD..
Neither of those negate the fact that it's ridiculously easy for Pikachu to literally not move and spam three or four attacks. It's frustrating when you get some no-talent spammer who refuses to just play the game.

Ekoix.exe

Smash Ace
Neither of those negate the fact that it's ridiculously easy for Pikachu to literally not move and spam three or four attacks. It's frustrating when you get some no-talent spammer who refuses to just play the game.
He/she is playing the game. Spamming is a viable tactic. Heres some advice, You shut the **** up and stop trolling on the forums of a character your putting down. Or you can learn to beat up noobs, or lose to them. Your choice.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Any person that says the other person won because he was just spamming moves just proves that your not good yourself. I mean if the person is spamming lets say 2 moves, the guess what, you know exactly what there going to do which makes them that much easier to beat. I mean seriously, if you cant beat someone that uses less than half of the characters moves, then how much more difficult will it be for you to win when they actually start trying and start using all of the characters moves at the disposal.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
y'all should try playing with Pikachu. He's very fun to play as!
QFT.

You haven't lived untill you play as him. :)

Also, my friend who uses Toon Link can't beat my Pikachu.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
To be honest it's the Pika spammers who do the Dsmash a lot that lights my fuse. I cant use any character without getting hit by it, and that even includes Pit (my best), Bowser, Metaknight, Zelda, Wario, and Rob. And even if some of my chars got reflectors for Thunder, that Dsmash spam is perhaps the biggest threat to me when fighting a Pika.

I mean i dont mind fighting Pika, just as long as they dont spam or constantly trying to do the same thing, like chaingrabbing every stock, but not many Pikas i faced even do that... they rely on the Dsmash. If only there was a way to completely DI outta it before the last hit hits...
Plus Pika is fast, I have problems against speed.

Roller

Smash Legend
To be honest it's the Pika spammers who do the Dsmash a lot that lights my fuse. I cant use any character without getting hit by it, and that even includes Pit (my best), Bowser, Metaknight, Zelda, Wario, and Rob. And even if some of my chars got reflectors for Thunder, that Dsmash spam is perhaps the biggest threat to me when fighting a Pika.

I mean i dont mind fighting Pika, just as long as they dont spam or constantly trying to do the same thing, like chaingrabbing every stock, but not many Pikas i faced even do that... they rely on the Dsmash. If only there was a way to completely DI outta it before the last hit hits...
Plus Pika is fast, I have problems against speed.
If you can't outspam pika with pit then that is very sad...

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
Im not hating on pika or anything but my stupid friend plays with both of em and my god its a pain in the ***....he consistently says he doesnt spam moves but yet he arrows and shields me to death with pit and thunders and skull bashes me to death with pika...aah so annoying....

Roller

Smash Legend
Im not hating on pika or anything but my stupid friend plays with both of em and my god its a pain in the ***....he consistently says he doesnt spam moves but yet he arrows and shields me to death with pit and thunders and skull bashes me to death with pika...aah so annoying....
You have to spam with pit...He is literaly MADE of spam!

phaMR2

Smash Apprentice
simply put, if you are getting hit by moves that are being spammed, then just don't get hit. there's a reason they implemented dodging into the game. if you get repeatedly hit by projectiles or a smash, blame it on error on your part for getting hit?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Um..back on topic...to deal with pika as TL use boomerangs and bombs, rarely arrows, since they aren't effective against pikachu. Once the pikachu gets close, just nair, bair, or f-tilt him away, and use more boomerangs and bombs. It's very irritating to get passed those if the TL knows what he is doing...like the one i play from time to time..stupid practice in SSB64

Top Bottom