• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu info and video thread (updated 12/22/08)

Lookitzspideypig

Smash Rookie
Well, people don't really look at the Pikachu's moves section but here's some info.

Special Moves (B-Moves)
Thunder Jolt: 5%-6%
Skull Bash: 7%(not charged[tap]) - 25%(fully charged)
Thunder (when Thunder hits Pikachu): 17% (estimated, highest damage)
Thunder (Thunder by itself): 10% (estimated, highest damage)
Quick Attack: 3% (first movement) and 2% (second movement)

Grabs
Grab (attack): 2% per hit
Grab (thrown up): 10%
Grab (thrown forward): 10%
Grab (thrown backwards): 9%
Grab (thrown down): 10%

Smashes (A-Moves)
Neutral-A: 2% per hit (doesn't diminish)
Dash-A: 7% (doesn't diminish)
Side-A (far-range): 14%(not charged[tap]) - 23%(fully charged)
Side-A (close-range) 20%(not charged[tap]) - 28%(fully charged)
Down-A: 15%(not charged[tap]) - 21%(fully charged) (if all electric shocks hit)
Up-A: 14%(not charged[tap]) - 19%(fully charged)
Side-A Note: Range also affects damage, the closer you are, the more damage

Tilt Attacks
Side-Tilt: 9% (doesn't diminish)
Down-Tilt: 7% (doesn't diminish)
Up-Tilt: 7% (doesn't diminish)

Aerials
Neutral Aerial: 6%-12%
Down Aerial: 12%
Up Aerial: 4%-5%
Forward Aerial: 2% per hit, 4%-5% final hit (depends on how many shocks you do)
Backward Aerial: 1%-2% per hit, 3%-4% final hit (depends on how many hits you do)

Final Smash: Volt Tackle
14%-22%? per hit (hits multiple times through one pass)
15% Volt Release (press A while in Volt Tackle to release a aura of energy and your volt tackle will be easier to control, but deals less damage)

For the record, I am not too sure on the final smash, so forgive me if I'm wrong.
Some damage percentages may be a little off, but I did this in a rush.
Feel free to make up names for them.

Osgiliath

Smash Apprentice
Here are a few more videos to add to the collection, and to challenge Anther's "Best ending for a Brawl Tournament", check out the last match determining the Best out of 5 Finals for the OBC Main Event. I apologize to every Pikachu player for losing, but in the end, once you see the ending, it will still all be my fault. lol

Pikachu vs Wolf 1 -- Pikachu Lose

Pikachu vs Wolf 2 -- Pikachu Lose

Pikachu vs Wolf 3 -- Pikachu Win

Pikachu vs Wolf 4 -- Pikachu Win

Pikachu vs Wolf 5 -- Pikachu Lose

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Wow, I had vids on here? I was just using Pikachu because I was tired of using Sonic so much. Im actually trying to learn how to use Pikachu now

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I highly suggest creating some sort of "best of" or "hall of fame" for the videos here. Its a very efficient way to show off the character to those who are curious as to how good the character is, among many other advantages. It will definitely be well worth the minimal amount of time it takes in the end.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Im not a big fan of archiving videos from the first month of the games existence. Videos are always becoming outdated, but nothing is dated like videos before anyone knew what they were doing.

I think I have some Brawl videos on youtube somewhere if you search for them.

FishinPenguin

Smash Rookie
If anybody is going to be posting some video, do you think you could find/make some 2v2 Pikachu match, where one team has two Pikachus? Thank You!

Pikachu247

Smash Rookie
At 3:21 in the #25 Pikachu Combo vid it looks like Anther spikes mario with Pika's downair, does that really spike? I've never pulled it off and was curious if anyone else has.

Ace55

Smash Lord
The first video in the hall of fame is a falco screwing up his recovery two times? It's obvious Anther has a great Pikachu but he must have better matches then that one.

Now that I'm thinking about using him as a secondary, it makes me kinda sad to see this board. Pikachu is a great character, he should have a great board, or at least a great hall of fame opener.

Why isn't he getting any love?

Roller

Smash Legend
The first video in the hall of fame is a falco screwing up his recovery two times? It's obvious Anther has a great Pikachu but he must have better matches then that one.

Now that I'm thinking about using him as a secondary, it makes me kinda sad to see this board. Pikachu is a great character, he should have a great board, or at least a great hall of fame opener.

Why isn't he getting any love?
You don't "second" teh chu. Pikachu wont let you. =b

It's all or nothin baby.

Press22

Smash Journeyman
I'll be posting some vids soon, Teams and singles if I got any recorded.
and yes my Pika is good :p

Roller

Smash Legend
Jmex. You play almost the EXACT way I do IRL, (online I play with entirely different(and worse) strategies to compensate for lag) But those looked like they were indeed real life games so ya. The only thing that I do that you didn't seem to is QuAC. I do multiple QuACs in a row as a sort of mind game, then either QuAC through them into an Fsmash/tilt or end by QuACing into a jump to fast fall fair into a U/D smash.

So my advice is learn to QuAC well, especially multiple QuACs in succession. Other than that your play seems solid, just more mindgames, thats all you need, and I guess do a jolt to approach more often.

Nice playing though dude. =)

I really like the fact that you had the balls to put up 2 losing videos as well. Too many people only post winning ones just to have people kiss their ***. Glad to see you aren't one of them.:)

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Rollerking540 - Thanks man, yea thats one thing that i do have to do more. When ever i try to do a QuAC i usually end up off stage somehow even though i hold the opposite direction. Either way though, I will certainly focus on that alot more. Oh and yea, i know exactly what you mean, i just put up matches of me playing decent in my eyes, regardless if I win or lose.

Roller

Smash Legend
Press22: My advice to you would be first and formost work on QuACing and adding it into your game. it is integral to pika's gameplay. It is ESPECIALLY a help vs snake.

In addition you need to work on varying your approaches. QuAC would obviously be another great way to approach, as well as fast falling Fair into D/U smash (I saw you use that approach twice I believe, use it a little more often, just not TOO often.

Also, use Nair more. It is a GREAT attack, and if you follow your opponent after knocking them away off the edge and hit them with a well timed nair it can be a VERY effective kill move.

Again with following your opponent off the side, learn how to thunder off the edge, so after you knock them off you can jump off and thunder to block the stage from them when timed right.

My last major thing to address would be to work on laying off the Dsmash a little. I used to use it quite often as well, it is a VERY common problem with pika players. It gets very predictable very fast. So work on toning that down a bit, maybe switching a few more Usmashes in there.

I think your grabbing game is your greatest asset right now, you seemed to use it well and the right amount. good job with that.

Overall not bad, just work on the things mentioned above, also, don't forget about Bairs, they're the number one threat to America. :laugh:

Press22

Smash Journeyman
haha thanks, the video is quite old, but I have worked on exactly what you said.
and Yes My grab combo's scare people here. :x

Roller

Smash Legend
I have no idea why, but Pika players tend to be some of the best grabbers imho.

And YOU know dookdigity? Nice. I've played and spoken with him online before. Great player, cool guy.

gallax

Smash Hero
thats because our grab range isnt that great and the grab game is so essential to our game we learn how to grab with extreme precision. oh yeah.

Press22

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I know a lot of the greats :p
DSF and Dannykat from GB, Yeah dook fly's all the way here just for our weeklies.

Press22

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, he flies here, I believe he works at an airport or something and gets it free.
also I know SK92... haha you might know him you might not, but he placed 4th at Arizona 2 Step

Top Bottom