• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Footstool Combo Confirmed, Retested, and the Video up.

smaci92

Smash Lord
um....1 hour?
ummm...really???!! I must be doing it wrong then. Here's what I do step by step:
1) Dthrow
2) up tilt
3) footstool
4) aim a quick attack right into them
***from this point on, I mess up***
5) upB tilted diagonally down left
6) upB tilted diagonally down right
etc...

I think it might be that I'm not doing the quick attacks fast enough after each other. Cause right after I quick attack into them, I have a bit of time to quick attack again, but on this second one, it just makes him stand right back up after I hit him...

lol, so do you think I'm doing it wrong?? :confused:

Roller

Smash Legend
Smaci, sounds like you have a classic case of needing to work on your basic side to side QACing. Just practice QACing back and forth for a while. If you don't already try hitting jump after each QACthen immediately hitting QAC again, it spaces out the time between QACs, just make it a very short and quickly QACed out of jump. idk if that will help, not one of my better descriptions, lol. Just practice QACing back and forth for a while. After you master that it makes this much easier.

Likin' teh Llama spirit with teh font. =P

smaci92

Smash Lord
You helped, thanks. I'm not bad at QAC'ing or anything I've practiced going back and forth for like an hour. For some reason I can seem to do the QAL. :( ya, maybe I'll try jumping after each one...

llama's ftw lol

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It's just practicing the timing. I always had a knack for doing these kind of things (When i learned about double missiling in melee with samus, i learned it in 4 tries) so maybe using me as an example isn't the best of things. Just practice, learn the timing, and profit.

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
I've practiced for maybe an hour or so myself, I can get up to 5 or so before I break. I tend to practice QAC and QAlock at the same time so I get a feel for all the timings at once. What helped me was turning the speed down to 2/3 until I got the pattern.

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
Most likely, yeah. Turns out I was going way to fast and the inputs were overlapping, some 2/3 speed practices pretty much fixed that.

JuanTendo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb-juantendo
3DS FC
2750-1216-1018
Switch FC
SW 3345 4602 0138
its pretty easy to do but i dont like it... i'm not the type of smasher that likes infinites

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
Its not as easy as it looks. Getting the footstool is a feat itself. And then immediately going into a QAC so that it goes through the opponent and doing it multiple times. Never seen a good pika actually attempt this in a match. Trying to footstool limits the many opportunities you have for different follow ups. If you miss the footstool, an entire combo could be messed up, even may cost you the match.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
imo the hardest part is getting the utilt at 0%. People arent going to let you just walk up and do that, i mean maybe if its unexpected. Not to say that it cant happen. After the utilt the rest (it sounds like) is just tech skill w/ the footstool being the hardest part of that trick (at least for me). But yeah, you'd have to be certain you could do it or youll waste some good comboing.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Which part? Technically you can control the distance of the QAC, but i wouldnt be suprised if you could di out sooner.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I did this in several tournament matches. I always messed up the QAL after like 7 or 8 passes but still.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
one thing i have been thinking about- we can do this combo, do a qac through them, and set up a jab lock.

EDIT: stupidly though i forgot that this footstool combo works at low percents and jab lock needs mid percents.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
man i hate people who do this why the **** cant u play fair without any cheap **** , it proves u have NO skill. add me and ill be on anytime u want except from 8-2:30.im on now!

M15t3R E

Smash Master
man i hate people who do this why the **** cant u play fair without any cheap **** , it proves u have NO skill. add me and ill be on anytime u want except from 8-2:30.im on now!
On the contrary, this footstool combo takes quite a lot of skill to accomplish. Plus, it is not an infinite combo with proper use of DI.
Btw, Rizk, what is "cheap" to you? Isn't cheap another term for very effective?

Get on our chat and challenge us. http://xat.com/chat/room/37180170/

cali'c

Smash Cadet
The idea behind Qac lock is to catch your opponent in a trip through footstool. Is it not also possible to trip your opponent through grabrelease combo and Qac lock from there.

cali'c

Smash Cadet
yes, there is only but only a single calic. I have long and excellent cyan blue hair.

cali'c

Smash Cadet
also then,it would also not be possible to Qac lock from an arial thunder jolt, as sometimes that also may force the opponent into the ackward grounding if they hover over the ground whilst struck.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
yes it would. the ball can knock people off the ground just enough that you can QAL them. have QAC'd through people after it, and then realise as soon as i had stopped that i had them.

cali'c

Smash Cadet
excellent, that is a scenario I shall anticipate to take advantage of.

cali'c

Smash Cadet
yes I am practicing the Qac lock relentlessly, when I am allowed the situation in tourney I shall be most excellently prepared for it and not hesitate. It shall be like pika downing a fox.

Top Bottom