• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Footstool Combo Confirmed, Retested, and the Video up.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I don't like going straight down, i mess up the timing usually, so i do it like that.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
I have a question: the utilt, or the d-throw to the utilt, or really any entry into this combo/lock, is there a percentage cap that the opponent can be at before this doesn't work, I am asking since I assume it starts at 0%, but is there a max? Or does that vary per character or something...just wondering

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I retested everybody with human DI/jumping. IT works on less people than i thought it would. And to Piman, idk when the max percentage is. I really don't want to test...the characters than can get to the highest percents are fox and wolf. Practice on them if you need to.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
k I will, and hey at least its another combo to pull out if they aren't expecting it, another option to chaingrabbing spacies, which everyone expects now...but nice use in the match vid too :)

Flandy121

Smash Apprentice
I've been experimenting with the footstool bounce and I think there is high potential for U-air into footstool bounce, I'm not sure at what percentages it seems like the range might be something like 30-45-ish percent. I got very exited when I started trying this because if Pika can footstool jump at other percentages than 0 Pika might become unstoppable. But If Quick attack lock becomes to godly it might be banned at tournaments. Just try it out and see what you come up with. Let me know if this theory is true.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
BTW, it is less useful than originally believed because you can smash DI out of the lock really quickly, or at least the way i do it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
More people need to know about this so keep it near the top of the page so more people look at it and post and make it higher on the page so people look at it and post making it higher up etc.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Thank you press, you are the first person to have said they used it besides myself.

Press22

Smash Journeyman
Very welcome, I used it last week at a tournament here and took a big 13th place.
:) Not my best placing but its good no doubt.

smaci92

Smash Lord
what exact control stick motions do you use to do the quick attack lock. I've tried many times...it's up b title forward, but then what???

Thanks anyone who answers this question

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I go from the up-b, go the shorter distance to bottom right (or bottom left) and then with timing, you can just sweep around from BL to BR (passing up so you can up-b) All it is is practice.

smaci92

Smash Lord
I go from the up-b, go the shorter distance to bottom right (or bottom left) and then with timing, you can just sweep around from BL to BR (passing up so you can up-b) All it is is practice.
k thanks alot. I just started maining pika, so sorry if that sounded noobish

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
I'm having issues getting the lock right, I still need to practice the angle for repeated horozontal quack movement. I always end up skullbashing, and I'm still trying to find a balance between too quick and too slow. My co-main is sonic, so I'm used to pretty fast tech stuff, I just have trouble going around cardinal directions so fast in proper timing for the input. I'm gonna practice for a while on a Falcon then try on some cpus for openings/application, but is there any other practice methods you would suggest for getting the timing/angles right?

*edit*

After some practice on 2/3 speed I realized the reason my input keeps getting jumbles is I'm actually doing the tech way too fast. When I slowed myself down I was able to get the timing for the lock portion of the combo, getting it all to come together is still pretty difficult, I usually break it around 50%. But another problem came up during the practice, the set up combo. There are times where I can't get the footstool to work properly on a dummy cpu in training (C. Falcon). They sometimes get further horozontal positioning somehow, ruining the timing for the footstool to stumble setup. I was wondering if someone has already found a way to compensate for it, if so then let me know.

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
Well, for the first hit in the quack chain I go straight down into them, then I go down right then down left, and so on.

smaci92

Smash Lord
I still don't get what directions to move the control stick for the QAL :confused: I get everything until that step...Here's a video so you guys can see what's wrong with me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOn6qtm5os
Could someone watch the video and get back to me...thanks alot.

And Veil, I don't know what you mean by this:
,then I go down right then down left, and so on.
like down right/left as in diagonal right/left?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yes you have to QAC, yes you have to go down and whatever direction (down-right or down-left). The best way i can think of doing it, so you don't have to bother with hitting Y/X to jump for the QAC, you go down left/right. Then, going the long way around, go to the other down right/left direction, and make sure you hit B when passing up, so you do another QA. So lets say i go down-left. Then, on my control stick, i would go clockwise, when i reach the "Up" position, i would hit B, then continue down right, which will then QA you to the right, and then repeat the order.

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
That's exactly how I worked out to do it too, it seems the most efficient way and reduces the likelyhood that you mess up the input. I'm still trying to work opportunities for this into my game, but just like QAC combos, it's pretty situational and will only make up a small part of your game, but when you make it work in a match, it's wonderful.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Yes you have to QAC, yes you have to go down and whatever direction (down-right or down-left). The best way i can think of doing it, so you don't have to bother with hitting Y/X to jump for the QAC, you go down left/right. Then, going the long way around, go to the other down right/left direction, and make sure you hit B when passing up, so you do another QA. So lets say i go down-left. Then, on my control stick, i would go clockwise, when i reach the "Up" position, i would hit B, then continue down right, which will then QA you to the right, and then repeat the order.
Ok thanks alot ESAM...I'll go try it out and see how it works ;)

smaci92

Smash Lord
i've got another question ESAM...when you said down left/right up there, did you mean pushing upB>diagonal down left/right; or did you mean upB>down>left/right??????

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
down first for the initial hit, then you do a new QAC down right, then down left, and so on.

smaci92

Smash Lord
ummm but I was asking what you guys meant by "down right/left". Like did you mean moving the control stick down then right; or did you mean moving the control stick diagonally down left/right??

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
This is one of the sexiest things I've seen yet in Brawl

smaci92

Smash Lord
How long did it take any of you guys (or ESAM, if you want to answer this) to do the footstool combo to QAL consistently? cause I'm on my 4th day of practicing it, and I can only get like 2 QAL's maximum...

Top Bottom