• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu CCV?

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
How long will you be able to submit clips to be in this vid? Or will it be made once, then new content will be added periodically?

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Probably till we have a decent amount within a reasonable time span. (Yay for not really answering your question.)

Lemme try again, Clip submission will continue until the video editor(s) and the rest of you all feel that we have enough. We don't want to bore people with a 10 minute video(unless it's a very epic 10 minute video) but we also don't want it to be too short.

Arikie

Smash Journeyman
Name Arikie
Date of Play less then 2 weeks ago
Summary of clip: shield grab, bthrow, weak nair, dblejump uair, edgehog gimp.
Link to clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZWjxPBmuio#t=0m24s * 0:24 to 0:35*

I don't have a replay but I do have it already recorded in AVI or MP4. I didn't want to upload it for download unless you guys liked it though.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
So uh, is anybody actually running this project?

Like I said, it's a good idea, but it needs more direction. Deadlines, a definite list of editors, set requirements for submitted clips......... just saying. Right now this thread is getting people's hopes up for seemingly nothing.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
Well, since I'm more than likely going to be (and completely glad to) doing a ton of the recording anyway, and since I will probably be working on a similar project with a bunch of people I play with online frequently, I could dual-purpose my thread for this project.

I'd still need an editor to mash all the clips together, though, as all I'd have access to is a bunch of free Linux editors.

Also having someone else to help me come up with some kind of criterion for clip acceptance would be helpful.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
So uh, is anybody actually running this project?

Like I said, it's a good idea, but it needs more direction. Deadlines, a definite list of editors, set requirements for submitted clips......... just saying. Right now this thread is getting people's hopes up for seemingly nothing.
Well, waiting till after Apex due to Roller's suggestion of having mad Pika talent together to get cool replays seems like a good idea. There are (loose) requirements for clips already. Editors...a few people volunteered. If you are serious just post and I'll make a list.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
My understanding of the current situation:

Logos
  • Zolda
  • MXXD123

Recording
  • ElNoNombreHombre
  • Ussi
  • Urban Menace
  • Killerjawz
  • Arikie
  • MXXD123

Editing
  • Zolga
  • Killerjawz
  • MXXD123

Music suggestions

Deadline for clip submission: "Sometime after APEX"

I believe that's everything excepting the clips. Zolga, there's a few that were put forth earlier not referenced in your OP. As well I'm gonna put forth my "best" clip here to help open the floodgates (since it seems like no one's submitting since no one else is submitting, not because I expect my crap to actually make it into the CCV).

So, darnit, gimmie your replays so we can get this party started!

Name: ElNoNombreHombre
Offline: Friendly at GC monthly
Date of Play: May 15th, 2010
Summary of clip: QAC Shenanigans to USmash
Link to clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpNoQrqyIA0

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
ENNH's post is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for (and should possibly go in the OP, *coughcough*).

Thanks!

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
hmm, I may be able to find/make some recordings for this..

If only I wasn't so lazy..
Nombre, Roller doesn't have recording. I do though :p
So, I assume that's what he meant by that, then? If so, updated.

ENNH's post is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for (and should possibly go in the OP, *coughcough*).

Thanks!
I could feel the hype dying, so I was about to hijack this and move the effort over to my thread, but then Zolga posted something, so I just summed up the situation. I'll go grab all the clips for easy copypastaing in a sec. Got 'em. Here they are:

----------------------------------

Name: Lamb/Syko_Lemming
Date: March, 2010
The last stock here is probably the best I've got
Link to clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv6Jj8QkJDw

Name: MXXD123
Offline (?)
Date: ??
Summary of clip: Has 2 clips mia, nothing too special, but I thought they were kinda cool and original
Link to clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsSasnePZ60

Name: Arikie
Date of Play: less then 2 weeks ago (as of June 1st)
Summary of clip: shield grab, bthrow, weak nair, dblejump uair, edgehog gimp.
Link to clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZWjxPBmuio#t=0m24s * 0:24 to 0:35*

Name: Seven/Zodiark
Date of play : 24 May
Summary : Thunder -> Thunder -> Thunair
Link to clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DjCa15jr1c#t=2m55s

Name: ElNoNombreHombre
Date of Play: May 15th, 2010
Summary of clip: QAC Shenanigans to USmash
Link to clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpNoQrqyIA0

Name: AfroTwist BlueBerryPie
Online friendly
Date of Play: October 2009 or something lulz
Summary of clip: Thunder -> Footstool -> edgehog
Link to clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj4SLSU1d8M

--------------------------

?'s are for unknown information or assumptions. I believe I've gotten all of them (including the one below me) in the format requested by Zolga.

name/name for people who's tags differ from their SWF name.

Personally, I suggest they all go in the OP, or KayLo! uses her magic mod powers (once she's done her break) to give you another post under the OP to collect them all in. Higher locality of information > stuff scattered everywhere!

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Kenny, can you please post that in the proper format? :3

Kaylooooo, can you add a post of mine under the OP? I'd like to put all the submissions in that one.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Also, don't know what it is, but that's decent music.
You did not just say that. YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT.

That guy's music...... :urg: Guess I'm just not a fan of.... uh. Whatever kind of rock that is.

Kaylooooo, can you add a post of mine under the OP? I'd like to put all the submissions in that one.
On my week's break from modding? You crazy?

All right, only for you. <3

EDIT: Done.

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
I've only got a few new meh replays up that I already posted elsewhere but this clip I kinda like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVhieskYrdw#t=1m8s

I gotta get back the wii I was borrowing for a lil since it had a ton of good replays. ;x
Hahaha I lol'd. That was awesome.
Pretty different from the usual too, which I think is very important in projects like these. CCVs often tends to be the same thing over and over again. Falcon knees, MK Uair strings, Ness PKT2 KOs, etc.

Roller

Smash Legend
Nombre, Roller doesn't have recording. I do though :p
So, I assume that's what he meant by that, then? If so, updated.
Oh MXXD, so young, so naive. I have access to recording equipment when I want it. :lick: Need to get capture of things from time to time for the gaming podcast that I co-host. We have a Dazzle for it that we share.

BUT, I will be out in the wilderness for about 2 weeks or so starting next week, so I wont be able to help with that for a bit. :(

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
Name: Lamb/Syko_Lemming
Date: March, 2010
The last stock here is probably the best I've got
Link to clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv6Jj8QkJDw
I came LOL

So what's the policy on textures?
I'm kinda screwed if they're not allowed haha.

And uh are we like, sending the video file to like, the dude who's like, editing?
Sorry if this is has already been answeared. the OP didn't say anything about it and I'm WAY too lazy to read through all the posts. o:

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Keep your .bin files in a safe place.
You're going to send them to the person in charge of recording.
(Nombre?)
And from there they'll go to the main editor.

neji32

Smash Lord
So yea I got a 4-95% combo on a falco coming....dont kno how to give it to anyone cause my friend took his cpu back and i' stuck on wiinet>_<

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
I just got this awesome thunder>footstool>death on a Pit today. Too bad it was on with anyone mode on Wifi :urg:
With Anyone sucks and you should feel bad for playing it.

<.<
>.>
Put it up anyway so I have an excuse to link my car->footstool->car->T2 on PTAD on With Anyone Team Battle.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
I imagine that would be the way to do it. .bins are preferred to keep the clips at a consistent quality, but obviously, this is not a strict requirement.

Top Bottom