• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu CCV?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The mysterious Luckay! Again, I was impressed by your vid..... it's not very often that someone does a Pika combo/highlight video that's got good content in it.

You should post the link in the Volt Tackle Videos thread so it'll get more views!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'll see if any of my replays have anything good once I get them back from ENNH.

This project seems to need a bit more solid direction, though. Zolga, are you definitely doing this and accepting submissions and whatnot? Might want to update the OP/title with progress and instructions for people who want to help and add content.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
I would HOPE it's anyone that has a cool/lulzy moment/combo/whatever, otherwise it's not really a COMMUNITY combo video.

I'm just wondering if WiFi is a no-no or not.

altairian

Smash Lord
No reason wifi shouldn't be included imo, generally the skill of your opponent matters far more (people DI'ing straight in to stuff might make for a crazy combo, but for people that know the game just makes it look silly) than online or offline.

MXXD123

Smash Journeyman
deserves an official discussion thread, where clips can be posted, music can be suggested/voted on, and logos for each player can be made. Change the first post at least... I'd be willing to record, make logos, and edit for this video.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace

MXXD123

Smash Journeyman
I suggest we don't have individual sections for each different player, but instead keep switching between players.

Like so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrOofzpPopM
Or like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS6JTMIiwsI

Also, the size of the text for each player in the first one was a little better, in my opinion. Even though the second one was fancier, I didn't like how much space it took up.
Agreed, I want accomplish something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx2rwsRCjQc , the editing is great, the gameplay is good, and the music fits. Let's try to accomplish something equally as epic.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Agreed, I want accomplish something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx2rwsRCjQc , the editing is great, the gameplay is good, and the music fits. Let's try to accomplish something equally as epic.

Ugh, I don't like that music at all, lol. How about slower music? Brawl isn't terribly fast.

Also, that video is almost 10 minutes long. I don't know about you guys, but I can't watch a combo video for that long unless it's got some seriously epic stuff in it. That stuff was good, but not epic.

I'd suggest a video length of about 6-ish minutes, depending on how much good content we have.

What do you guys think about video length?

As for music, I really do think we should go with something a little slower.
But not too slow.

Like so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH_9lJxeiXg
@13:44 and @18:26

Idk, I can't think of anything amazing for music at the moment.

MXXD123

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I don't like that music at all, lol. How about slower music? Brawl isn't terribly fast.

Also, that video is almost 10 minutes long. I don't know about you guys, but I can't watch a combo video for that long unless it's got some seriously epic stuff in it. That stuff was good, but not epic.

I'd suggest a video length of about 6-ish minutes, depending on how much good content we have.

What do you guys think about video length?

As for music, I really do think we should go with something a little slower.
But not too slow.

Like so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH_9lJxeiXg
@13:44 and @18:26

Idk, I can't think of anything amazing for music at the moment.
If I'm not mistaken the Falcon CCV was 10 minutes long, and that was still a very entertaining video.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
That vid was impressive looks-wise, but most of the "combos" were on people who looked like they weren't even trying to get out. x.x

At least from watching the first minute or two.

Roller

Smash Legend
That vid was impressive looks-wise, but most of the "combos" were on people who looked like they weren't even trying to get out. x.x

At least from watching the first minute or two.
I watch a combo vid to be entertained. idgaf if the other player sucks, so long as it looks awesome while their *** is getting handed to them.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I dunno, I'm not entertained by things I could easily do to a CPU my **** self. x.o

To each his own, though! The effects were definitely nice.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
LMFAO

I commented and said the same exact thing about blayde, Stealth. It was the same **** over and over. Lame.

Rest of the vid was pretty cool though. Agreed with Kaylo about some of the people just DI'ing into the combos or not air dodging (specially that one diddy vs jigglypuff one... wtf...) It's not impressive if the other person is ********.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I don't have anything too impressive (a few good strings in my 150 or so replays, but most of it is before I got ok at fighting) but...

I'm going to school for Film Production. Stuff like editing. It's my favorite part. It would be no problem at all, as long as I can get clips into Adobe Premire Pro. :D

I can make it interesting. Even if the combos are crap, I can entertain the audience. (I hope, because I'm sounding more confident than usual right here...)

Urban Menace

Smash Journeyman
Is there going to be a theme that will appear throughout the vid? That would help with music choice. For example, are we going with all jpop, rap, rock, touhou, techno, videogame music, etc , etc. That would also help with narrowing the suggestions down.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
lol @ touhou being a theme.

Jokes aside I think the music should fit the same theme.
Multiple songs isn't really a good idea either as I stated in the OP.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
When it comes to picking music, you have to watch out for copyright stuff too, it gets tough. But I can get through that with Fair Use if everyone does small segments. If we jump between players on one song, though, we have to watch out on that.
Remember, if it isn't legal to use, you have 30 seconds or 10% of the song's total time to use. If it's not in those guidelines, the video can get muted.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
When it comes to picking music, you have to watch out for copyright stuff too, it gets tough. But I can get through that with Fair Use if everyone does small segments. If we jump between players on one song, though, we have to watch out on that.
Remember, if it isn't legal to use, you have 30 seconds or 10% of the song's total time to use. If it's not in those guidelines, the video can get muted.
I'm pretty sure I've seen people copypasta a certain little paragraph of legal text into the discription to keep the music from being replaced. Whole songs, not just pieces, as long as it's used by a non-profit organization.

I'll see if I can find it, but I have no sweet clue what I saw it on, and I've seen tons of music videos and whatnot.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure I've seen people copypasta a certain little paragraph of legal text into the discription to keep the music from being replaced. Whole songs, not just pieces, as long as it's used by a non-profit organization.

I'll see if I can find it, but I have no sweet clue what I saw it on, and I've seen tons of music videos and whatnot.
It's in the Videography section on the Brawl Videos section. There's a thread for it.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Hmm...I must learn of this magical paragraph. I'm a non-profit organization!

So, did I ever tell you guys, I think I only have about 3 clips to contribute? lol Lack of experience sucks.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You can post a link that auto-skips to the time you want.

Just add "#t=3m17s" (or whatever minutes/seconds you want) to the end of the URL.

Top Bottom