• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu as viable defense against metaknight counterpick stages?

ADHD

Smash Hero
You can only start the cg at 10 I thought. And dtilt is good? Why? So... against the tornado pikachu has dsmash, and fsmash only?

gallax

Smash Hero
you can buffer a fthrow at 0 perecent then start the dthrow cg at 10%.

yes our dtilt is good since it has relatively fast startup time and decent knockback for follow up attacks at low percentages and has the ability to lock/trip. if you play a pika that doesnt use dtilt then they are not using pika to their full advantage.

we can also qac through the bottom of it(harder to pull off) and we can dair the top and fair through the top also. dont forget the WALL OF THUNDER!!! i love pulling that off in doubles when i know the MK is gonna tornado.

gallax

Smash Hero
well the dtilt has descent knockback depending on your percentages. at higher percentages you are using it for spacing to get your opponent away from you and/or the random trip. if you do get the trip then you have yourself a free usmash and can potentially follow it up with a thunder kill if the usmash doesnt kill first.

at lower percentages you are going to want to either dash grab if there is a tripping animation or if you can catch your opponent offguard. you can also fsmash since it does have the range of marths sword, just without the tippered sweetspot. but if you want it for spacing, go for it. great spacing tool and a get out of jail free move sometimes. if you make a mistake and need a good/fast move go for the dtilt.

and the jab is mostly used(by myself) for interrupting the opponent. like if im playing a snake who loves to jab>ftilt. if i get jab i tap the a button to screw them up then shield cuz the on coming ftilt. but thats all i use it for other than rapage against walls. lol. heck, our jab even causes tripping sometimes. you might get lucky. XD

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
and the jab is mostly used(by myself) for interrupting the opponent. like if im playing a snake who loves to jab>ftilt. if i get jab i tap the a button to screw them up then shield cuz the on coming ftilt. but thats all i use it for other than rapage against walls. lol. heck, our jab even causes tripping sometimes. you might get lucky. XD
Don't forget edgeguarding. XD Seriously, though, if you jab the edge, a lot of characters can't punish you (because Pika's jab has hax range and is weirdly disjointed), and it'll pretty frequently force people with bad recoveries to use their second jump if you surprise them with it.

.....Not recommended vs. MK, though.

There's also the jab lock, but that's really situational unless a) you set it up (which usually requires some sort of ceiling), or b) your opponent's hella bad at teching.

gallax

Smash Hero
Don't forget edgeguarding. XD Seriously, though, if you jab the edge, a lot of characters can't punish you (because Pika's jab has hax range and is weirdly disjointed), and it'll pretty frequently force people with bad recoveries to use their second jump if you surprise them with it.

.....Not recommended vs. MK, though.

There's also the jab lock, but that's really situational unless a) you set it up (which usually requires some sort of ceiling), or b) your opponent's hella bad at teching.
totally forgot about that with the edgeguarding. but, if im edgeguarding someone with a bad recovery, like wario for example since he doesnt autograb the ledge sometimes, i fsmash or even dsmash hoping for a stage spike.

my edgeguard is the wall of thunder now though. tjolt to push them away if i can. if not. woT. im getting pretty good at timing it too now. XD

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
So... against the tornado pikachu has dsmash, and fsmash only?
we can also qac through the bottom of it(harder to pull off) and we can dair the top and fair through the top also. dont forget the WALL OF THUNDER!!! i love pulling that off in doubles when i know the MK is gonna tornado.
One 'nother thing to add that will provide lol's.

When high and near edge of stage... T-jolts from about 60 degree angle or steeper will cancel out with mk's tornado. If the MK is a haughty one, he'll just be somewhat blindly pressing B and possibley towards the side somewhere. Many times (even when the MK is good), i find that the MK accidently buffers a side-b when the t-jolt collides and the MK reacts too slowly to turn it > FREE GIMP OFF THE LEDGE! *you must seize the oppurtunity tho... >;D *

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
One 'nother thing to add that will provide lol's.

When high and near edge of stage... T-jolts from about 60 degree angle or steeper will cancel out with mk's tornado. If the MK is a haughty one, he'll just be somewhat blindly pressing B and possibley towards the side somewhere. Many times (even when the MK is good), i find that the MK accidently buffers a side-b when the t-jolt collides and the MK reacts too slowly to turn it > FREE GIMP OFF THE LEDGE! *you must seize the oppurtunity tho... >;D *
I've seen this happen.... it's too funny, lol.

It's nice that even MK can get screwed by Brawl's buffering system. (Dair off the ledge ftl. :mad:)

Top Bottom