• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Picking up Kirby as a falco CP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
So, I've decided to learn how to play Kirby as a countpick to my friends falco. ( I main Diddy)
So what would be the easiest way to learn how to play the pink bundle of joy? (eg what should I learn how to do first) I know about the Gonzo combo and other grab comboes.
And what videos whould i watch for inspiration?

inb4 look at stickies

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
learn how to bair, you may be surprised at first as to how much priority it has but you need to know its limit to space correctly

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Against Falco be patient, at the start of the match duck the lasers. Kirby can't crawl so just stay ducked till he stops shooting them. Second thing when Falco trys to chain grab u DI back and jump. My combo of preference against Falco is Fthrow, Uair, Dthrow, Utilt, Bair or wait for him to try and attack u and shield grab and Dthrow again.
If u get him with Utilt at 0% spam the first 3 then try and time the last couple ones so that u get the maximum hits, if u spam Utilt the whole time u wont get to hit him as many times.

Things to watch out for. Falcos Fsmash has huge huge range b/c of that u'll c many falco players charge it. Also falco will shorthop laser a lot. Stay away b/c if the laser hits or he catches u to close in the air he'll do a bossted Usmash or tackle to Usmash and that can cost u the match.

Spacing Bair is prob ur best bet for approaching. Dtilt is good also. U dont have to necessarily keep ur Fsmash fresh against Falco. He's easy to gimp (more or less) lol the best advice i have against his sideB move is try and time brick so it hits him or stay on the stage and use a smash.

HIs copy ability is incredibly good for edge-guarding him.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
spam crouch

spam grabs (pummel when you grab!!)

Copy his power and play like an ***

Just be extremely lame against Falco (since Falco's top tier due to his lame playstyle XD) and they'll regret choosing him against Kirby.

When I saw Falco at #3 on the tier list I was shocked, but maybe that's because I play Kirby.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Lol when i first read this thread topic i thought it said falcon instead of falco and i thought wtf. Who the hell needs a CP for falcon?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You can't inb4 on an OP!

Also, here's my favorite combo against the Star Fox characters (the funny thing is I *think* this is guaranteed on them):

1) Inhale
2) Jump off the edge
3) Let them break out
4) Footstool
5) FF Dair>Footstool
6) Recover
7) Laugh

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
You can't inb4 on an OP!

Also, here's my favorite combo against the Star Fox characters (the funny thing is I *think* this is guaranteed on them):

1) Inhale
2) Jump off the edge
3) Let them break out
4) Footstool
5) FF Dair>Footstool
6) Recover
7) Laugh
My favorite combo on spacies is fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>fsmash.

:)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You can't inb4 on an OP!

1) Inhale
2) Jump off the edge
3) Let them break out
4) Footstool
5) FF Dair>Footstool
6) Recover
7) Laugh
I actually tried this same thing against a Jigglypuff, minus the inhale. :laugh:
Either way, this question has been answered. I think Xiivi'll close it soon.
-don't infract, please- :mad:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Lil_CJ, it doesn't actually work that well unless you're online, or your opponent doesn't know of this magical thing they call DI >.<

Also, to the OP, I suggest just looking at videos of people in the video thread, critiques given in the critique thread, and/or submitting things to that thread for critique (though it may take time since there are more people submitting than critiquing.).

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
lil_cj, i sorta met you once. At the lexington tourny Y.B.M. was showing you kirby. I was the kid who played him in a friendly afterwards lol

Pixler132

Smash Rookie
Like they said crouch against his lasers, and when he aproaches bair spam him, and remember to copy his ability so you can spam his lasers back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom