• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
And not aggressive enough about the players who choose not to comment, such as Seal who drops one post and vote on Godfather and nothing else.

Vote: Seal

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Unvote Jan

Give me a paragraph.
Flips are important to get an idea of what people are more or less aligned. They offer you information and the only real legit information you can get of a lynch. Without a confirmed flip I have no clue of a scum bull****s, Welp I was town you ****ed up!" Abd a legit townie doing it. You asked that no one would speculate. Looking back at two games where I put that in my set-ups that never will happen. People will constantly be asking what alignment the player is. I'd rather we end the WIFOM and let the game play out where we can figure out what we can from the information we can get and confirm. I know about the godfather stuff, the one hidden flip can **** a game over, I'm serious in that it does happen and just happened in my upick.

Jan is legit one of the if not the worst role to give mafia.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Flips are important to get an idea of what people are more or less aligned. They offer you information and the only real legit information you can get of a lynch. Without a confirmed flip I have no clue of a scum bull****s, Welp I was town you ****ed up!" Abd a legit townie doing it. You asked that no one would speculate. Looking back at two games where I put that in my set-ups that never will happen. People will constantly be asking what alignment the player is. I'd rather we end the WIFOM and let the game play out where we can figure out what we can from the information we can get and confirm. I know about the godfather stuff, the one hidden flip can **** a game over, I'm serious in that it does happen and just happened in my upick.

Jan is legit one of the if not the worst role to give mafia.
I'll take your word(and everyone else's) for it, I'm going GF
Vote Godfather

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It'd be really dumb if he did, I just included that to show that even if they lied about who was recruited or not we could figure it out. Masons claim they're masons, include who recruited who. The recruiter can't be the Godfather because he's the mason. So instead of the masons clearing two people, they just clear one, the original mason. We know he's the mason because of the partner confirming it, even if the partner himself isn't cleared.
No man. All this is doing is telling scum who to kill. This is not nerfing the Mason, this is completely making the function of his role useless. There is no net gain from this. It's essentially mason just claiming followed by getting RBed or NKed.

Look at the scenario with no god father:

A. Mason targets scum. Mason gets scum
B. Mason targets town. We now have a +2 confirmed town. If one of the Mason dies, we get another +1 confirmed town. If Mason dies we remain with a net of +2 confirmed.

Now with the scenario of a god father:
A. Mason targets non-gf. Mason gets scum.
B. Mason targets gf or town. Mason & recruited claim. We have +1 confirmed town. Mafia kills the +1. We now have a net of +0 confirmed town. Now the recruited can recruit someone. In this case mafia will either kill him, role block him, or let him recruit. Regardless of any of the actions mafia takes, we will remain with a net +0 confirmed town.

This is the power of the god father. It's not about whether the godfather is actually targeted or not, but the fact that he completely neutralizes any advantage we have from an investigative.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu I want you to go back and read all of my posts in this game up to this point. Let me know when you're finished.

I will explain why Janitor is being blown out of proportion in my next post.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I want to lynch JaytheUnseen so bad right now lol.

Ran you're definitely silly if you don't think you can gain scum from this day.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Why so exactly?
Who is this "everyone else" that you're speaking of. You're blatantly ignoring the other side and have yet to respond to the posts I've asked you to read. I have stated multiple times why we should not go GF (as has others), yet you're posting like that's not the case.

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
2x roleblocker (7) - ranmaru [has 1 other vote] zenny joey jexs rosalina jaytheunseen [has 1 other vote] maven [has 1 other vote]
day rolecop (0)
vengeful mafiate (0) -
1 shot janitor (4) - zenny alakaslam jexs rosalina
godfather (5) - wott [has 1 other vote] joey seal [has 1 other vote] alakaslam jaytheunseen

not voting gheb red ryu

2x roleblocker has been voted! yall got 1 more power role 2 giv 2 da scum. thread titles been updated wit da deadline

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmm. Actually there was him pushing for GF and going 'it is unlikely that there is a masonizer', because it seems he parroted that from Gheb. Also seems that way from Seal too.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Who is this "everyone else" that you're speaking of. You're blatantly ignoring the other side and have yet to respond to the posts I've asked you to read. I have stated multiple times why we should not go GF (as has others), yet you're posting like that's not the case.
I am referring to anyone else who has posted about the disadvantages of janitor.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I want to lynch JaytheUnseen so bad right now lol.

Ran you're definitely silly if you don't think you can gain scum from this day.
Read the newbie I was scum with him in then back here.

I'll reread him myself when I get back from driving home.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Hmm. Actually there was him pushing for GF and going 'it is unlikely that there is a masonizer', because it seems he parroted that from Gheb. Also seems that way from Seal too.
I got that from NO ONE else.I think it's unlikely because it is a powerful role( to my mind.)

Maven89

Smash Master
No man. All this is doing is telling scum who to kill. This is not nerfing the Mason, this is completely making the function of his role useless. There is no net gain from this. It's essentially mason just claiming followed by getting RBed or NKed.

Look at the scenario with no god father:

A. Mason targets scum. Mason gets scum
B. Mason targets town. We now have a +2 confirmed town. If one of the Mason dies, we get another +1 confirmed town. If Mason dies we remain with a net of +2 confirmed.

Now with the scenario of a god father:
A. Mason targets non-gf. Mason gets scum.
B. Mason targets gf or town. Mason & recruited claim. We have +1 confirmed town. Mafia kills the +1. We now have a net of +0 confirmed town. Now the recruited can recruit someone. In this case mafia will either kill him, role block him, or let him recruit. Regardless of any of the actions mafia takes, we will remain with a net +0 confirmed town.

This is the power of the god father. It's not about whether the godfather is actually targeted or not, but the fact that he completely neutralizes any advantage we have from an investigative.

Do you think they gave us mason, cop, and vig? Because unless they did we'll have a doctor to protect the mason

The only role I'd agree to replace Godfather with is vengeful but I feel I'm still alone on that.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I've never even seen the Jan actually help mafia. For example, I was Jan in the Zombies! game, and peeps were still able to determine Gheb's role (the player I janned) and push it aside as nothing.

There's so few options for scum to actually use Jan that town wont (A) easily be able to deduce the janned player's alingment or (B) simply ignore it and hardbody the rest of scum.

Here is what Scum can do:

A. Jan their scum mate if they are being lynched.
Big Deal? We don't have to deal with buddy/bussing wifom and continue lynch people of their scummyness. The game ends earlier than later. We aren't puched back in any way from this.

B. Jan town when they are being lynched.
Upon a Jan, we just need to assume that there is at least +1 scum than we have actually seen flip remaining in the game. We are not ever drawn back from this because we will always be on the assumption of the worst case.

The worst case scenario for these is that the game ends sooner than we assumed because scum janned their partner, Uh-no! What are we gonna do!?!?!??

Furthermore, we have AT LEAST one investigate (weak doc, mason, or cop), but I'm banking that there is Wdoc with a good chance of Mason. With the power of both of these hidden investigatives from scum, there's a very good chance that we will be able to know a janned person's alignment anyway or at least it wont matter so much because we have confirmation on other player's alignments! We need to invest more towards our investigatives. GF causes way more WIFOM and uncertainty than Jan can ever do in this game!

fwew

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Do you think they gave us mason, cop, and vig? Because unless they did we'll have a doctor to protect the mason

The only role I'd agree to replace Godfather with is vengeful but I feel I'm still alone on that.
If reg doc sure, but if weak doc, then we are basically just getting rid of yet another investigative. Your whole plan revolves around neutralizing everything,

Maven89

Smash Master
If reg doc sure, but if weak doc, then we are basically just getting rid of yet another investigative. Your whole plan revolves around neutralizing everything,
What you are talking about is only possible if they gave us the two strongest roles in the game, which I find unlikely.

A. Jan their scum mate if they are being lynched.
Big Deal? We don't have to deal with buddy/bussing wifom and continue lynch people of their scummyness. The game ends earlier than later. We aren't puched back in any way from this.
How can we tell if they're being scummy when we don't have any information? It'd extend Day 1. I've never seen a game that didn't heavily rely on the Day 1 flip.

B. Jan town when they are being lynched.
Upon a Jan, we just need to assume that there is at least +1 scum than we have actually seen flip remaining in the game. We are not ever drawn back from this because we will always be on the assumption of the worst case.

The worst case scenario for these is that the game ends sooner than we assumed because scum janned their partner, Uh-no! What are we gonna do!?!?!??

Worst case scenario is that we lynched a PR that they then claim, actually.

Furthermore, we have AT LEAST one investigate (weak doc, mason, or cop), but I'm banking that there is Wdoc with a good chance of Mason.
Why would you bank on them giving us the two strongest roles? Wouldn't you assume they gave us the two weakest?

[quote="Zenny, post: 18448298, member: 123891"With the power of both of these hidden investigatives from scum, there's a very good chance that we will be able to know a janned person's alignment anyway or at least it wont matter so much because we have confirmation on other player's alignments! We need to invest more towards our investigatives. GF causes way more WIFOM and uncertainty than Jan can ever do in this game![/quote]

Since when do people in Dgames advocate "follow the cop"?

Maven89

Smash Master
Though Zenny you are making me realize Janitor is not as powerful as it might seem, but I still don't want to give it to them

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Since when do people in Dgames advocate "follow the cop"?
When it's an open set up.
How can we tell if they're being scummy when we don't have any information? It'd extend Day 1. I've never seen a game that didn't heavily rely on the Day 1 flip.
We will have at least 1 investigative with 100% accurate results.

Maven89

Smash Master
I'd give vengeful as a compromise. It's swingy and could possibly **** us up but if we play well then it's not bad.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
We will have at least 1 investigative with 100% accurate results.
What I'm saying is we are going to be able to get a lot of information through PRs if there is no GF. In all likeliness we have a Vig too. If the jan is used d1 we are still going to have two town PR sources of information from n1.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
With this PR stacking we can easily have a flawless victory. Jan is an annoying piece of dust in relation.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I still refuse to vote Janitor because we don't need to have a D1 with no information.

I don't want Vengeful because the second that a PR is claimed, vengeful removes it from the game completely regardless of the doc existing or not.

lol rolecop.

Yeah my vote is staying on godfather. :|

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yeah I'm dumb, Jan is the sole best option.

Vote: Jan

Maven said:
Worst case scenario is that we lynched a PR that they then claim, actually.
I pray to god they do this.

Ok I'm actually out now.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
And not aggressive enough about the players who choose not to comment, such as Seal who drops one post and vote on Godfather and nothing else.

Vote: Seal
Wouldn't the mafia want to take part in this voting? I don't see how you can possibly already deduce me as guilty for a lack of activity. Not everyone has hours upon hours to dedicate to a game on a forum...

Seal

Smash Journeyman
My post was like 5 pages before we discovered that GF was more powerful than we thought. Calm down there and stop being so damn eager to FOS and get the pressure off yourself.

Unvote: godfather

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Unvote GF(Yeah I already planned to do this)

Full disclosure:I have zero idea what any of these roles play like.Which is why my votes have been swinging,
because someone makes a post to change my thoughts, then another, and another.So I'll just let you all decide because I have no idea what I'm doing.

Maven89

Smash Master
I've given it some thought and I'll agree to a janitor over a Godfather.

Unvote: Godfather

not comfortable with it though so I don't want to hammer. Maybe some else can show why this is bad because why zenny's post make it sound good my gut tells me it's going to kick us in the ass

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Too tired to post anything right now. Nobody hammers anything until I get to comment on stuff tomorrow. We're not giving them the Janitor, period. I'd rather give them Vengeful than the ability to hide away the single most important piece of information for the town.

Also I don't even remember Gheb saying that,honestly
Dude, I've mentioned at least three times that the masonizer is too obviously powerful to be a likely pick. Weak Doctor may be even better but it's an obscure role that nobody really knows about. If there's one role that I just can't see any scumteam giving us, it's the masonizer.

:059:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Too tired to post anything right now. Nobody hammers anything until I get to comment on stuff tomorrow. We're not giving them the Janitor, period. I'd rather give them Vengeful than the ability to hide away the single most important piece of information for the town.

Dude, I've mentioned at least three times that the masonizer is too obviously powerful to be a likely pick. Weak Doctor may be even better but it's an obscure role that nobody really knows about. If there's one role that I just can't see any scumteam giving us, it's the masonizer.

:059:
Fair enough.There's been 10 pages, so please bear with me.And I have no idea how many people are in this game/who they are.Why is there no list in the OP?

Top Bottom