• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You are FOS'ing for disagreement. So are others. Yet none of us can do anything about it. I have been ready to play the game since I voted.

Maven89

Smash Master
My vote is 2x Roleblocker then either Godfather or Vengeful. I'm not going to agree with Janitor or Role cop.

Vote: 2x Roleblocker

I'm not voting for Godfather yet because I'm not 100% convinced it's the best choice. If it's between Godfather and Janitor then no doubt Godfather.

Even if there is a Godfather and we have masons, and they pick the Godfather, they can immediatly claim and include who recruited who. If they both claim to be the recruiter we know one of htem is the Godfather, if not then we know who is guaranteed town and who isn't. Since the second mason partner can recruit on the death of hte intial one, we just have to see who the mafia kills. If they kill the initial one then we know the second is the Godfather. If none of them die then we can be pretty sure there's a Godfather in the mix

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
You are FOS'ing for disagreement. So are others. Yet none of us can do anything about it. I have been ready to play the game since I voted.
"I have been ready to play the game since I voted" is a horrid excuse to rush this phase of the game, especially considering that you're playing the game right now. Like, weren't you the person that was saying people should start FOSing/voting people? Why do you suddenly think that rushing this will transition you into 'playing the game'?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No one else has. Once the game starts everyone is forced to participate in FOS'ing. Rushing this phase is fine. It's either Godfather or Jan right now and I don't care to nitpick about the roles.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
No one else has. Once the game starts everyone is forced to participate in FOS'ing. Rushing this phase is fine. It's either Godfather or Jan right now and I don't care to nitpick about the roles.
Rushing this phase is not fine. What the ****?

Also not everyone is forced to participate in FOS'ing people lmao. It's not a requirement to vote, Ranmaru. Just because people haven't developed enough reads to be suspicious of people yet doesn't mean that when day one starts people will suddenly decide that it's time to start finding people suspicious. The reason why people haven't been voting/FOS'ing people is because there hasn't been noteworthy discussion until like late page 7/page 8 that was vote-worthy.

Everything that you can do in D1 you can do now except for the actual vote. Stop trying to rush this important part of the game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It is fine stop trying to drag it out. We are practically there. RB was just hammered, or recently hammered. It's not that big of a deal. Jan is the best option here because we either got Doctor/Weak Doc/Vig or WeakDoc/Masonizer/Vig. Regardless we are ****ed permanently if we include a Godfather. We are only ****ed temporarily with a Jan. See? I just want to play the game. I'm always eager to play the game, not discuss role. Never am I interested in the role aspect, so much so I skim deep role discussions.

Voting is the most important. >_>

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Unvote Godfather
Sorry about my flawed logic,that post didn't make much sense.
Though my thoughts were led to that because mason theoretically shares thoughts with the recruit,so it'd be nice to know he could trust him.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Even if there is a Godfather and we have masons, and they pick the Godfather, they can immediatly claim and include who recruited who. If they both claim to be the recruiter we know one of htem is the Godfather, if not then we know who is guaranteed town and who isn't. Since the second mason partner can recruit on the death of hte intial one, we just have to see who the mafia kills. If they kill the initial one then we know the second is the Godfather. If none of them die then we can be pretty sure there's a Godfather in the mix
what?????

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jaytheunseen, what post led you to that logic by the way? What made you think that it is unlikely there is a masonizer?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Jaytheunseen, what post led you to that logic by the way? What made you think that it is unlikely there is a masonizer?
Only my own logic.If I were a mafia I wouldn't have given town a mason or vigilante.
Mason allows communication between town,and functions as a limited cop as well(Which I didn't even realize right away)

They could've given us a mason hoping for the off chance we'd give them GF AND mason would recruit GF early before he got too many maf confirmations...
but that sounds like far too risky a move to me.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
It is fine stop trying to drag it out. We are practically there. RB was just hammered, or recently hammered. It's not that big of a deal. Jan is the best option here because we either got Doctor/Weak Doc/Vig or WeakDoc/Masonizer/Vig. Regardless we are ****ed permanently if we include a Godfather. We are only ****ed temporarily with a Jan. See? I just want to play the game. I'm always eager to play the game, not discuss role. Never am I interested in the role aspect, so much so I skim deep role discussions.

Voting is the most important. >_>
Minus the fact the flip hide is permanent woth a jan untilhis death

Maven89

Smash Master
what?????
My bad, I was confused on the mason role. I thought it only allowed the second mason to recruit someone else, apparently the first mason can also recruit a replacement if his partner dies. But in the mason, if one of them is killed, the other one can pick again. It can only happen once.

Since the benefit of the mason is to publicly reveal who they are to show they're town, it's assumed that they'll do this. They just need to include who was the recruiter and who was recruited. That way we know who is cleared town and who isn't. If they disagree and both try to say they recruited the other, or one refuses, then we have pretty good evidence that they picked the Godfather. We can then check to see who if any of them are night killed.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Only my own logic.If I were a mafia I wouldn't have given town a mason or vigilante.
Mason allows communication between town,and functions as a limited cop as well(Which I didn't even realize right away)

They could've given us a mason hoping for the off chance we'd give them GF AND mason would recruit GF early before he got too many maf confirmations...
but that sounds like far too risky a move to me.
Think theyd have rather given us vog than a cop

JeXs

Smash Champion
My bad, I was confused on the mason role. I thought it only allowed the second mason to recruit someone else, apparently the first mason can also recruit a replacement if his partner dies. But in the mason, if one of them is killed, the other one can pick again. It can only happen once.

Since the benefit of the mason is to publicly reveal who they are to show they're town, it's assumed that they'll do this. They just need to include who was the recruiter and who was recruited. That way we know who is cleared town and who isn't. If they disagree and both try to say they recruited the other, or one refuses, then we have pretty good evidence that they picked the Godfather. We can then check to see who if any of them are night killed.
how about not having a godfather to make a possible mason useless

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Think theyd have rather given us vog than a cop
That's a good point.Can someone clarify how the sanity works?

So it is decided upon recievement of the role the cop's sanity.
But how does it wok exactly?OP says you get 'inaccurate results.'
As in,random results?Or opposite results?

Maven89

Smash Master
So I wrote up a pros/con for each list. It's actually making me thinkt he Godfather is a stronger role then I was thinking.

2x Roleblocker
Cons - Can roleblock PR's, can neutralize the mason
Pros - can only be used twice, has to target the correct PR

Godfather
pros - no active abilities
cons - removes the legitimacy of investigations

Janitor
pros - can only be used once
cons - hides a flip and all information that could be derived from it

Vengeful
pros - forces a 1v1 trade, in town's favor.
cons - will help the mafia/win them the game if we play poorly

Rolecop
pros - can't influence the town?
cons - allows them to narrow down their NK's to the correct targets.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm not understanding what you're saying exactly. Why would GF lie about being recruited?

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm not understanding what you're saying exactly. Why would GF lie about being recruited?
It'd be really dumb if he did, I just included that to show that even if they lied about who was recruited or not we could figure it out. Masons claim they're masons, include who recruited who. The recruiter can't be the Godfather because he's the mason. So instead of the masons clearing two people, they just clear one, the original mason. We know he's the mason because of the partner confirming it, even if the partner himself isn't cleared.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
How would the masonizer know that the godfather isn't actually town so that he isn't cleared.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Guys, quit being ********. We're NOT giving scum a ****ing Janitor. I'll fight every single one of you about this if I must. GF is only sub-par if they actually gave us a masonizer. Janitor is always a terrible option.

Would still be a bad decision to give us masonizer.

:059:
I literally told you no to a janitor and you wanted me lynched for it.

Regardless I agree janitor is terrible to give to mafia.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I still don't want it. Plus it's only a one shot Jan. Lesser evil, don't want to drag this anymore. We can deal with the Jan. I don't want to be in the spot where GF ****s us in the case we do have a masonizer.
So was mine in my upick and look how much that ****ed everyone up.

Jan is very strong.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If you are voting janitor right now unvote right now or I will write a 5 page paper on why janitors are actually really strong and more dangerous than a godfather.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm confused, are you asking why the mason would not immediately believe his partner is town if we give them a Godfather?
Yes. I don't get how we'd be able to find the Godfather given that scenario. The GF would obviously confirm to everyone else who his mason partner is, because of the obvious reward it gives him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Gheb and Maven are probs town, I'm mostly butting heads with a Gheb because he wants me to do something more substantial. Maven is really making me love him with his more recent posts.

Slight town read on Jay the Unseen but I would check again at his content on the votes this far. In the newbie he played a lot of fake fence sitting. But I think he legit thought about why he voted on a glance.

Do not like how ran wants to rush the votes but I can easily see him getting a little impatient.

I'm more interested in the bandwagon bandwagoners votes for the janitor.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am curious. Has there been any other pick your poison games run on Dgames?

Maven89

Smash Master
Yes. I don't get how we'd be able to find the Godfather given that scenario. The GF would obviously confirm to everyone else who his mason partner is, because of the obvious reward it gives him.

It's not that we could find the Godfather, it's that even if the mason picks the Godfather we would still get a confirmation that the mason player is town, because if the Godfather mason refuses we'd realize he was the Godfather.

Maven89

Smash Master
Looking back I think I see where confusion about my post is coming from. I did not intend that we could figure out the Godfather role with the mason, I meant that the Godfather role wouldn't neutralize the mason. It'd half it. Normally a mason would confirm two people. With a godfather role, the most it could confirm is one. If they gave us the mason, giving them a godfather role doesn't destroy the benefits. And if they try to destroy the benefits, by refusing to say who the original mason was, then we'd know it was the Godfather. Since that's incredibly unlikely to happen, it'd be basically guaranteed that the original mason would be cleared.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I see what you mean. Basically the Masonizer becomes an innocent child.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey seal. Do you have any opinions of current events?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Red Ryu did you not see the posts in between Gheb saying he wanted a janitor and you telling him no?
No, I didn't not at the time til now when I was reading this whole my car was getting fixed.

What I want to know is why he pulled the Fos and "here is our day 1 lynch"

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
No, I didn't not at the time til now when I was reading this whole my car was getting fixed.

What I want to know is why he pulled the Fos and "here is our day 1 lynch"
I certainly agree people are being FAR too aggressive over these role disagreements.

Top Bottom