• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pick a newcomer for each veteran series

GreenOfRain

Smash Rookie
Mario series: Toad
DK series: Dixie Kong
Yoshi series: Kamek
Wario series: Waluigi
Zelda series: Kass
Kirby series: Max Profit Haltmann
Metroid series: Dark Samus
Pokémon series: Entei
Star Fox series: Krystal
F-Zero series: Samurai Goroh
EarthBound series: Porky
Fire Emblem series: Lyn
Ice Climber series: Polar Bear
Game & Watch series: ?
Kid Icarus series: Viridi
Pikmin series: Louie
R.O.B. series: ?
Animal Crossing series: Isabelle
Punch-Out series: Soda Popinski
Wii Fit series: Wii Balance Board
Duck Hunt series: ?
Xenoblade series: Metal Face
Sonic series: Shadow
Metal Gear series: Raiden
Mega Man series: Bass
Pac-Man series: Clyde
Street Fighter series: M. Bison
Final Fantasy series: ?
Bayonetta series: Jeanne

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
In the games he's playable he's been a Sonic clone.
He sure wasn't a clone in Sonic R. And his Special Move at the Olympics was different from Sonic. He may be a robot modeled after Sonic, but I've never seen him in ball form, which a lot of Sonic's moves in Smash use. But Knuckles played almost exactly like Sonic besides being able to glide and climb walls in Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Knuckles is very likely to be a semiclone with more emphasis on his strength.

D

Deleted member

He sure wasn't a clone in Sonic R. And his Special Move at the Olympics was different from Sonic. He may be a robot modeled after Sonic, but I've never seen him in ball form, which a lot of Sonic's moves in Smash use. But Knuckles played almost exactly like Sonic besides being able to glide and climb walls in Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Knuckles is very likely to be a semiclone with more emphasis on his strength.
If Dark Pit was a clone, then Metal Sonic would definitely be a clone.
And I'm sorry to backseat mod but this is completely irrelevant to the topic, can we move on?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Super Mario - Waluigi
Mostly because he has the fanbase and consistency there. I do not want another Mario character, but he's certainly the most deserving.

Donkey Kong - King. K. Rool
The big bad deserves his grand return. Always a tough series to pick one as there are three possibly four great candidates.

Legend of Zelda - Lana
Koei OC be damned. She has a sweet moveset and interesting design that stands out. Ganon is a fine alternative.

Metroid - Ridley
I'll keep on saying this: it's him or bust for Metroid until someone else becomes recurring, interesting, and fitting.

Yoshi - Kamek
This series does not need another character nor do I think putting a Mario enemy in the guise of a different franchise is the best solution. But if I have to pick one, then Kamek's magic makes him interesting.

Kirby - Bandana Waddle Dee
My heart says Adeleine, but this character has been pushed to be player 4 for a while.

Star Fox - Slippy
Since I can't pick Wolf, I'll go for Fox's 2nd best ally within the Star Fox squadron. But honestly it was fine with the Brawl trio.

Pokemon - Lycanroc
I find the different forms intriguing and the design of this Pokemon is cool.

Mother - Ninten
Honestly Ness and Lucas are fine, but if we are going to complete the protagonist trifecta then why not.

F-Zero - Black Shadow
Goroh and Blood Falcon are decent shouts, but gotta go with the cunning and ruthless spandex wearing Batman.

Fire Emblem - Lyn
I'd prefer none but she has the long standing popularity to back her up.

Kid Icarus - Viridi
She has an interesting personality and potential theme. Sakurai seems to like her. Smash 4 trio are fine, though.

WarioWare - Ashley
Pretty much the only WW character that stands out in terms of design, move set potential, and marketing.

Pikmin - Alph
Do not think it needs a 2nd character, but might as well promote the alt from Smash 4.

Animal Crossing - Isabelle
Highly popular and cute. Why not?

Punch Out!! - Doc Louis
Why have the apprentice when you can have the mentor?

Xenoblade - Fiora
It won't happen but she was great in Xenoblade. I don't mind Elma or Rex, though.

Wii Fit/Mii - None
There is nothing to choose...

Retro - Bubbles
Clu Clu Land is fun and the character has potential.

Sonic - Tails
Trusty player 2 and Sonic's Luigi. His flying abilities could be fun and he has a good personality.

Mega Man - Roll
Yup, I'm going there. I just prefer her over other characters, despite lacking the move set potential that others have.

PAC MAN - Ms. Pac Man
Because it would be funny.

Street Fighter - Chun Li
Iconic female character and would be a great addition in terms of moves.

Bayonneta - Jeanne
Because I know nowt of the series.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
If Dark Pit was a clone, then Metal Sonic would definitely be a clone.
And I'm sorry to backseat mod but this is completely irrelevant to the topic, can we move on?
Yeah, we should move on. I wasn't calling people out on not picking characters even though my original post said to pick from EVERY series, though to be fair some of these series don't have any viable characters. And if Ganondorf could be a clone of Captain Falcon, anyone could be clones of anyone. But I do believe Metal Sonic could have a unique moveset. Anyway, I think you guys shouldn't rule out anyone just for being a potential clone. If you like a character, pick him. If you say a character would be a clone, that can open up a flame war especially if that character has potential for being unique. Take Daisy for example. People would think she'd be a clone of Peach, but if her moveset was inspired by the sports games, complete with her athletic attire, she could end up as a unique fighter. And Knuckles might have more emphasis on breaking rocks, making him unique from Sonic. And so what if someone is a clone? I like Lucina as a clone of Marth and I would never want her moveset to differ from Marth or end up as an alternate costume. Some clones may be good if you want to practice fighting a character with the same moves without picking the same character. Anyway, people keep picking characters and I may start counting votes.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Super Mario - Pauline
I just want a Super Mario Odyssey character to be in the game, and I can't think of a better choice than Pauline. She could use some Super Mario Odyssey inspired moves, or heck, even moves from Mario Vs. Donkey Kong and the original DK itself!

Donkey Kong - Dixie Kong
I've wanted this little fella ever since Smash 4, and honestly, it's a shame we haven't seen her yet. If they wanted, they could even make her a late-development character and give her a few moves from Diddy Kong.

The Legend of Zelda - Skull Kid
We need more villains. Also, we need more classic characters. Also, we need more Zelda characters. Also, Majora's Mask is one of my favorite games of all time. This is no brainer!

Metroid - Federation Marines
I'm not a great fan of Metroid. Actually, I know only a few characters from this series: Ridley, Sylux and Federation Marines. I chose the latter because I think that a team of four Federation Marines would be quite unique, and because I agree with Sakurai when he says that Ridley is too big. Sylux is very boring, in my opinion.

Yoshi - Yarn Yoshi
One of the few clones I would genuinely like to see! I love the cute style of Yoshi's Woolly World, so why not adding Yarn Yoshi as a clone?

Kirby - Rick, Kine & Coo
This cute trio would be very unique to play as: they'd have different hurtboxes based on whether they're fighting on the ground, in the air or underwater (maybe Kine might appear a few times while fighting on the ground, just saying). Waddle Dee is a very close second. Honestly, I'd love to see both of them making it in!

Star Fox - Slippy Toad
I kinda like Slippy Toad. He is clumsy (just like me), but always fine. I envision him to be a pseudo-clone of Fox but with weird special moves. Or maybe he could use a moveset based on Star Fox Guard, who knows.

Pokémon - Naganadel
I don't really like Decidueye. I think Incineroar is way cooler, and that it'd be much better in Smash, but I feel that Naganadel might just be the best choice for a Pokémon newcomer: it is an UB, it has two unused types (if you count Ivy in, then just one, but still!), a very cool design and good moveset potential.

F-Zero - Black Shadow
Give him Ganon's moveset and give Ganon an original one please.

EarthBound - Porky
Porky's unique body frame would allow him to have a unique playstyle. Not a real fan of EarthBound, so let's move on please.

Fire Emblem - Celica
I never liked Robin's fighting style: it's just too slow and clunky, every time I try to play as him I end up complaining. Celica would fit the magic sword fighter archetype, while still being faster and maybe more fun to play as. Even though I'd love a newcomer from the brand new FE game coming for the Switch.

Kid Icarus - Hades
I love Hades! His raw power is exceeded only by his tongue. Seriously though, he has some of the best lines in Kid Icarus: Uprising (and that game had wonderful dialogues). However, I feel that he might be better suited to be a boss or even to appear as "Hades Guidance" or something.

Wario - Mona
I'm not a fan of WarioWare games, so I just put Mona here because I feel that she would be a fun addition to Smash.

Pikmin - Alph
I like Alph way more than Olimar, so that was easy. He could also use Rock and Winged Pikmin instead of Purple and White ones.

Robot - Professor Hector
The only one I could think of, actually.

I love her! Isabelle is so cute, and helpful, but mostly cute! Please, give me Isabelle! I even bought her amiibo despite not being a fan of Animal Crossing just because it makes my bedroom more delightful!

Punch-Out - Glass Joe
A joke clone of Little Mac. Just think about this: a character with extremely strong sweet spot hitboxes, but insanely hard to get. That would be Glass Joe.

Xenoblade - Rex
Again, not a fan of this series either. Rex is the character that makes the most sense out of every one, so I chose him.

Sonic - Dr. Eggman
Dr. Eggman is just as iconic as Sonic at this point. He would be a cool character using the machine he always uses to try to defeat Sonic, much more than Tails, Shadow, or Knuckles would do.

Metal Gear - Raiden
A mecha-ninja? Count me in!

Mega Man - Zero
Read the section above. They're basically the same character.

PAC-MAN - Ghosts
Rather than having Ms. PAC-MAN, I'd have them. But jokes aside, with their appearance from modern PAC-LAND games, they might be fighting fit (maybe).

Street Fighter - Zangief
Zangief would have a unique niche no character in Smash has: he would be the first grappler character. Plus, he would be a huge heavyweight, and everybody loves heavyweight, don't they?

Final Fantasy - Noctis
Final Fantasy XV was one of my favorite PS4 games, and one of the few I finished in a single playthrough. Noctis spells and teleporting abilities would make for a great newcomer, albeit maybe a not so recognizable one. But still, I really liked FFXV.

Bayonetta - Balder
Balder is a cool lad. He is badass. He wields a giant golden spear and can turn himself into a wolf. He also has a form with peacock feather that looks like a sun and it is honestly the sexiest thing I've seen doing in a videogame (if Bayo herself had done it, I would have come, seriously). He can control time. He is magnificent. Add him, just as an Assist, but add him, please!

Ice Climber - ?
Game & Watch - ?
Wii Fit - ?
Duck Hunt - ?

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
:4mario: Daisy as a semi-clone of Peach; heavier, stronger ,less floaty (doesn't carry over Peach's float mechanic at all) and doesn't have the same graceful, elegant attacks Peach has. She also wouldn't have the same B or Down-B (Toads are Peach's native people, and pulling turnips comes from SMB2, which Daisy wasn't in.)
:4dk: King K. Rool because I love the original DKC trilogy and really want to see him.
:4link: Toon Zelda as a more viable clone of Zelda.
:4samus: Ridley to see the reaction he'd get.
:4kirby: Samurai Waddle Doo using a mix of Samurai-style fan attacks and Beam's moveset from the current Kirby games. His B would be Quick Draw; upon initiation, the ! appears, and timing your second B input differently allows him to gain more or less distance as he dashes forward with his fan out.
:4yoshi: Kamek using the various magical abilities he's shown to use throughout his appearances.
:4fox: Slippy who wouldn't be as good as Fox or Falco, but he can set up a turret.
:4pikachu: Sylveon representing the Fairy type by actually using Fairy type moves
:4falcon: Blood Falcon as a clone.
:4ness: Jeff because he was an Assist Trophy.
:popo: Polar Bear because I can't think of anything else.
:4marth: Lyn because she was an Assist Trophy.
:4gaw: The Wolf from Egg because I can't think of anything else.
:4pit: Eggplant Wizard because I can't think of anything else.
:4wario: Ashley because she was an Assist Trophy.
:4olimar: Bulborb because I can't think of anything else.
:4rob: Dark R.O.B. because I can't think of anything else.
:4villager: Mr. Resetti able to use his pickaxe, burrow underground, and chuck rocks at the opponents.
:4wiifit: Wii Fat Trainer because I can't think of anything else.
:4littlemac: Doc Louis because I can't think of anything else.
:4shulk: Rikki because he was an Assist Trophy.
:4duckhunt: Wild Gunman because I can't think of anything else.
:4sonic: Tails basically how he is in Smash Flash 2
:snake: Gray Fox because he was an Assist Trophy.
:4megaman: Megaman.EXE using several chip abilities, and having a mechanic based on the custom gauge in the original series.
:4pacman: Mrs. Pac-Man as a clone.
:4ryu: Ken as a clone.
:4cloud: Sephiroth because I can't think of anything else.
:4bayonetta: Jeane because I can't think of anything else.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
:4mario: - Captain Toad / Toad
Toad is highly iconic, it's time for the little guy to get into smash to be punched, kicked, and stomped. He deserves it!

:4dk: - King K Rool
Toss up between him and Dixie, but he might bring more to the table.

:4link: - Prince Sidon
Trident user and not just another version of Link or Zelda.

:4samus: - Sylux
I'm in the boat that Ridley would look weird, it's possible though. But, Sylux very likely being the upcoming antagonist or such in the next Metroid makes him a good option.

:4yoshi: - Kamek
Could make for a interesting move set.

:4kirby: - Marx
Bandana Dee is more likely, but I think Marx might end up being the funner addition. But whatever, I'm sure any Kirby rep will be at least interesting.

:4fox: - Slippy
Hmm, I think we got BA space animals covered, so why not the geeky and clumsy screw up? Krystal has less history and importance to the series overall, so I never understood or cared for her support.

:4pikachu: - Mimikyu
This little guy made the largest impact for this generation. As much as it'd be cool to have Fire, Water, and Grass all represented, I also think having a Ghost Pokemon that actually looks like a Ghost (my favorite type) would be awesome.

:4falcon: - Black Shadow
Meh. Never realized how bleh the cast was till now.

:4ness: - Frank Fly
Don't care so just picked someone random. Knives seem cool.

:4myfriends: - Ranulf
One of my favorites in PoR and RD. He'd have a cool agile move set and could transform into his laguz form.

:4pit: - Medusa
People always ask for villains, but what do we truly have none of? Evil females. Dark magic and snakes could make for cool specials and moves.

:4wario: - Ashley
The more realistic dark mage. She's cute and could help fill the shoes that Medusa is more likely not going to ever get to.

:4olimar: - Dweevil
Let's get a bug in here. It could pick up different items to change it's specials and whatnot.

:4villager: - Isabelle
Don't know the series, so I'll just go with the name thrown around.

:4littlemac: - Glass Joe
Don't know much, but it seems he could work as a very risky character to use. King Hippo is also a good option.

:4shulk: - Reyn
  • "Now it's Reyn time!"
Know little of the series, but i think when looking it up in the past that I thought Reyn was a pretty cool guy.

:4sonic: - Rouge The Bat
I don't have to be realistic for the options, so I'll go with my favorite character from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

:4megaman: - Zero
Just picked the one I heard the name of before.

:4pacman: - Blinky
He could even pull some of the "traps" off from PacMan Adventures 2, man that game was rough.

:4ryu: - Chun-Li
Just picked the one I have heard the name of before.

:4cloud: - Slime
Give the Slime species some love.

:4bayonetta: - Balder
Don't know the series, he looks cool.

Series left out don't really have other characters to pick from or were deleted series anyways. (Farewell Metal Gear)

Last edited:

Tomatoboxer

Smash Rookie
My Choices For Every Series: Or, Why I Should Never Be Put In Charge

Mario series: Captain Toad/ette
Hard to argue with the majority on this one. And yes, Toadette’s gotta be an alt. You play as both of them in the game, they’ve got identical skillsets, they’re cute together.

Love to the seasick crocodile, but Dixie has a helicopter ponytail and has been playable in a couple of the greatest platformers Nintendo’s ever published.

Smash still needs more villains, and more magic users. Kamek fulfills both and can ride a broomstick.

Wario series: Mona
If WarioWare's getting another rep, let it be the woman who embodies the weirdest bits of that series. As a bassist, investigative journalist, and developer of nose-picking simulators, she already has a diverse resume, so smashing shouldn't be an issue.

Zelda series: Midna
Midna is that excellent combination of weird AND popular. A great character design and a great character period. Plus: bonus dog potential?

Kirby: Prince Fluff
Bandana Dee’s good, but Kirby is 50% weird spin-offs by mass, and Smash can from that. Fluff has got a bunch of transformations well-suited to fighting, could call on the Tankbot for a Final Smash, and - this is important - is made entirely of yarn.

Metroid: Kraid
The beloved boss that everyone has been waiting for.

Pokémon : Mimikyu
I love it when Pokémon designs mix creepy and cute, and Mimikyu is exactly that.

Star Fox AND F-Zero: James McCloud
Baffle the fans of both series at the same time with a playable crossover within a crossover. James is half-Captain Falcon clone, half-Fox clone, for maximum confusion.

EarthBound: Porky
because he’s an interesting villain and it increases the chances of "Pokey Means Business" making the soundtrack.

Fire Emblem: Summoner.
Mobile representation and not a sword user, at least not directly.There, now you can summon whatever other Fire Emblem character you want. Happy? You should be, there are six of them already.

Ice Climber: Condor
Condor’s moves largely involves scooping things up, tossing bonus eggplants, and dropping other enemies on you. These includes both yetis and the original Japanese seals, at long last uniting the two Ice Climber versions into one shared universe. (The inclusion of the seals will bump the game up to at least a T rating in North America.)

Game & Watch: Snoopy
Snoopy Tennis sold over a million copies, and even received a full-colour tabletop sequel, yet for some inexplicable reason Nintendo has not brought back this beloved character they created for a new game. Now is the time to fix that. Snoopy’s iconic tennis-playing abilities obviate the need for Waluigi as a playable character, and is a good boy in his own right.

Kid Icarus: Medusa
She's a great villain, and somehow the third character on this list with weaponized hair. One of Nintendo's oldest characters, a retro throwback reminding us what video games were like in the time of the Ancient Greeks.

Pikmin: Alph
Alph’s a stand-up guy, and he put in the hours as an alt in the last game. Due for a promotion, and his Rock Pikmin buds are too cute to not get used.

R.O.B.: Professor Hector
The good prof features in both R.O.B. system games. Because of the limited material to pull from, his moves would have to involve both dynamite and dropping colourful pillars on top of things, both of which are concepts that excite my chaotic impulses.

Animal Crossing: Isabelle
If Animal Crossing gets another rep, it really really ought to be the current face of the series. Also I guess I like dogs huh

Punch-Out: Doc Louis
Who can you put in from Punch-Out who isn't a national stereotype at best or a racial caricature at worst? Doc Louis’ safer than many, plus he's Mac's constant companion. Clearly it's not enough to have only one playable workout trainer in Smash.

Wii Fit: Wii Balance Board
Narrowly beating out « the penguin from Penguin Slide, » the Balance Board is a really interesting shape for a character, and I mostly just want to watch it waddle around Battlefield. I'm also deeply curious what it would do to Kirby...

Duck Hunt: Mr. Stevenson
One of the few named characters in Zapper games. Gumshoe isn’t referenced in Duck Hunt’s moves so won’t cause conflicts like Wild Gunman would. As in Gumshoe, Mr. Stevenson will be distinguished by his inability to stop moving by their own will. Smash will at least let him turn around.

Xenoblade: Elma.
She’s got it all: mechs, guns, swords, even full clothing! Unlike some other potential candidates for this slot.

Sonic: Big the Cat
Hated and irrelevant, sure. But also: if I can play as a slow heavy character with a fishing rod to grapple enemies and close distances, AND have Big’s dopey face mug the camera whenever I win, I will scarcely play as anyone else.

Metal Gear: Big Boss
I’m trying to make it through this whole thing without too many bloody sword users sneaking into the roster. Sorry, Raiden. Snake may be a literal clone of Big Boss, but Big Boss can still use some cool gadgets Snake doesn’t have. By which I mean: I want the ability to Fulton every item and character I encounter into the sky.

Mega Man: Zero
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FORRRRR

Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man
Ms. Pac-Man is one of the most iconic characters in video game history, and is more recognizable to the average person than the vast majority of the Smash roster. There are ways to differentiate her from Pac-Man, too: for one, her game has a different fruit rotation than Pac-Man’s, including a pretzel. Pretzels: the greatest fruit of all.

Street Fighter: Chun-Li
duh

Final Fantasy: Black Mage
I unfortunately know near-jack about JRPGs, but I love Black Mage's character design and I love that Smash Flash 2 moveset conceptually. Plus: a FF character actually associated with Nintendo systems!

Bayonetta: Jeanne.
I mean Rodin’s not shabby, but this really is the best choice.

Mii: Nikki.
Perhaps the most iconic Mii there ever was, Nikki deserves better than the death of Swapnote.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
I'm not going to do certain series for obvious reasons (lack of notable characters):

:4mario: Toad
:4dk: King K. Rool
:4link: Skull Kid
:4samus: Ridley
:4yoshi: Kamek
:4kirby: Waddle Dee
:4fox: Andross
:4pikachu: Tapu Koko
:4ness: Masked Man
:4falcon: Black Shadow
:4marth: Lyn
:4pit: Viridi
:4wario: Ashley
:4olimar: Louie
:4villager: Tom Nook
:4littlemac: King Hippo
:4shulk: Rex and Pyra
:4sonic: Tails
:4megaman: Zero
:4pacman: Ms. Pac-Man
:4ryu: Chun Li or Akuma
:4cloud: Black Mage
:4bayonetta: Rodin

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
My Choices For Every Series: Or, Why I Should Never Be Put In Charge

Mario series: Captain Toad/ette
Hard to argue with the majority on this one. And yes, Toadette’s gotta be an alt. You play as both of them in the game, they’ve got identical skillsets, they’re cute together.

Love to the seasick crocodile, but Dixie has a helicopter ponytail and has been playable in a couple of the greatest platformers Nintendo’s ever published.

Smash still needs more villains, and more magic users. Kamek fulfills both and can ride a broomstick.

Wario series: Mona
If WarioWare's getting another rep, let it be the woman who embodies the weirdest bits of that series. As a bassist, investigative journalist, and developer of nose-picking simulators, she already has a diverse resume, so smashing shouldn't be an issue.

Zelda series: Midna
Midna is that excellent combination of weird AND popular. A great character design and a great character period. Plus: bonus dog potential?

Kirby: Prince Fluff
Bandana Dee’s good, but Kirby is 50% weird spin-offs by mass, and Smash can from that. Fluff has got a bunch of transformations well-suited to fighting, could call on the Tankbot for a Final Smash, and - this is important - is made entirely of yarn.

Metroid: Kraid
The beloved boss that everyone has been waiting for.

Pokémon : Mimikyu
I love it when Pokémon designs mix creepy and cute, and Mimikyu is exactly that.

Star Fox AND F-Zero: James McCloud
Baffle the fans of both series at the same time with a playable crossover within a crossover. James is half-Captain Falcon clone, half-Fox clone, for maximum confusion.

EarthBound: Porky
because he’s an interesting villain and it increases the chances of "Pokey Means Business" making the soundtrack.

Fire Emblem: Summoner.
Mobile representation and not a sword user, at least not directly.There, now you can summon whatever other Fire Emblem character you want. Happy? You should be, there are six of them already.

Ice Climber: Condor
Condor’s moves largely involves scooping things up, tossing bonus eggplants, and dropping other enemies on you. These includes both yetis and the original Japanese seals, at long last uniting the two Ice Climber versions into one shared universe. (The inclusion of the seals will bump the game up to at least a T rating in North America.)

Game & Watch: Snoopy
Snoopy Tennis sold over a million copies, and even received a full-colour tabletop sequel, yet for some inexplicable reason Nintendo has not brought back this beloved character they created for a new game. Now is the time to fix that. Snoopy’s iconic tennis-playing abilities obviate the need for Waluigi as a playable character, and is a good boy in his own right.

She's a great villain, and somehow the third character on this list with weaponized hair. One of Nintendo's oldest characters, a retro throwback reminding us what video games were like in the time of the Ancient Greeks.

Alph’s a stand-up guy, and he put in the hours as an alt in the last game. Due for a promotion, and his Rock Pikmin buds are too cute to not get used.

R.O.B.: Professor Hector
The good prof features in both R.O.B. system games. Because of the limited material to pull from, his moves would have to involve both dynamite and dropping colourful pillars on top of things, both of which are concepts that excite my chaotic impulses.

If Animal Crossing gets another rep, it really really ought to be the current face of the series. Also I guess I like dogs huh

Punch-Out: Doc Louis
Who can you put in from Punch-Out who isn't a national stereotype at best or a racial caricature at worst? Doc Louis’ safer than many, plus he's Mac's constant companion. Clearly it's not enough to have only one playable workout trainer in Smash.

Wii Fit: Wii Balance Board
Narrowly beating out « the penguin from Penguin Slide, » the Balance Board is a really interesting shape for a character, and I mostly just want to watch it waddle around Battlefield. I'm also deeply curious what it would do to Kirby...

Duck Hunt: Mr. Stevenson
One of the few named characters in Zapper games. Gumshoe isn’t referenced in Duck Hunt’s moves so won’t cause conflicts like Wild Gunman would. As in Gumshoe, Mr. Stevenson will be distinguished by his inability to stop moving by their own will. Smash will at least let him turn around.

Xenoblade: Elma.
She’s got it all: mechs, guns, swords, even full clothing! Unlike some other potential candidates for this slot.

Sonic: Big the Cat
Hated and irrelevant, sure. But also: if I can play as a slow heavy character with a fishing rod to grapple enemies and close distances, AND have Big’s dopey face mug the camera whenever I win, I will scarcely play as anyone else.

I’m trying to make it through this whole thing without too many bloody sword users sneaking into the roster. Sorry, Raiden. Snake may be a literal clone of Big Boss, but Big Boss can still use some cool gadgets Snake doesn’t have. By which I mean: I want the ability to Fulton every item and character I encounter into the sky.

Mega Man: Zero
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FORRRRR

Ms. Pac-Man is one of the most iconic characters in video game history, and is more recognizable to the average person than the vast majority of the Smash roster. There are ways to differentiate her from Pac-Man, too: for one, her game has a different fruit rotation than Pac-Man’s, including a pretzel. Pretzels: the greatest fruit of all.

Street Fighter: Chun-Li
duh

Final Fantasy: Black Mage
I unfortunately know near-jack about JRPGs, but I love Black Mage's character design and I love that Smash Flash 2 moveset conceptually. Plus: a FF character actually associated with Nintendo systems!

Bayonetta: Jeanne.
I mean Rodin’s not shabby, but this really is the best choice.

Mii: Nikki.
Perhaps the most iconic Mii there ever was, Nikki deserves better than the death of Swapnote.
Here's a Doc Louis support thread I made not too long ago if your interested. Your description of his reasoning is a great sum up.

https://smashboards.com/threads/ex-heavyweight-boxing-champion-doc-louis-for-smash-switch.453704/

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
Mario - Daisy
DK - Dixie Kong
Zelda - Mipha
Metroid - Ridley
Yoshi - Kamek
Kirby - Susie
Star Fox - Krystal
Pokemon - Decidueye
F-Zero - Jody Summer
Earthbound - Kumatora
Fire Emblem - Camilla
Game & Watch - Willy Bomber
R.O.B. - Prof. Hector
Pikmin - Britney
Wario - Mona
Kid Icarus - Medusa
Punch-Out - Glass Joe
Xenoblade - Rex & Pyra
Ice Climber - Polar Bear
Duck Hunt - Wild Gunmen
Wii Fit - N/A
Sonic - Amy Rose
Metal Gear - Gray Fox
Mega Man - Roll
Pac-Man - Ms. Pac-Man
Street Fighter - Chun-Li
Final Fantasy - Tifa Lockhart
Bayonetta - Jeanne

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Mario series: Birdo
DK series: King K. Rool
Yoshi series: Poochy
Wario series: Captain Syrup
Zelda series: Tetra
Kirby series: Daroach
Metroid series: Ridley
Pokémon series: Miror B
F-Zero series: Black Shadow
EarthBound series: Claus
Fire Emblem series: Micaiah
Ice Climber series: Polar Bear
Game & Watch series: Mrs. Game and Watch (If that is valid)
Kid Icarus series: Magnus
Pikmin series: Bulborb
Animal Crossing series: Brewster
Punch-Out series: Disco Kid
Wii Fit series: Wii Balance Board
Duck Hunt series: Wild Gunman
Sonic series: Blaze
Metal Gear series: Gray Fox
Mega Man series: Toad Man
Pac-Man series: Mrs. Pac Man
Street Fighter series: Ken

Left Out. Because of lack of knowledge
:4shulk::4rob::4cloud::4bayonetta:

Ciro Blanco

Smash Cadet

:4pit:::4darkpit:(original moveset) or Phosphora
Third Parties
:4sonic::
:4megaman::
:4ryu::
(Capcom)
:4cloud2:: Noctis or Chocobo :4bayonetta:: 2B (Platinum Games) :snake:::snake:
:4yoshi::popo::4gaw::4rob::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac::4shulk::4duckhunt::4pacman:= N/A

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'll try this game, but it's tough to do. Some series deserve multiple, and some deserve none.

Because of my own biases, I'm leaving off the third parties (except Sonic) and non-character driven series since they end up representing more than just a single character in a single game.

Mario series: Daisy
I've always liked the idea of all of the princesses battling it out together. Plus, she's the main holdout from the standard Mario spin-off who has also been in a main-series game.
This is not even a contest. The King deserves it.
Yoshi series: ... ... Birdo(?)
I don't think Yoshi really deserves a newcomer, since it's so entwined with Mario in the first place.​

Wario series: ... Ashley
Honestly, Waluigi would be great, but he needs to be in a Wario game first. Ashley otherwise, but the series as a whole may not really need a new rep.
Zelda series: Urbosa
This is the tough one. Zelda deserves so many reps, but I can only pick one? I'll go with Urbosa now, but Midna is a close second, and Revali and Ghirahim are right behind.
Kirby series: Bandana Dee
I think Kirby is really well represented as it is, but BDee would be the next logical newcomer.
No contest whatsoever.
Pokémon series: Gardevoir
The return of Squirtle and the Pokemont Trainer for one. But if it's no vets, I've gotta take Gardevoir, with Decidueye in a close second.
Star Fox series: ... Krystal
Star fox's last game fell flat, so it's best repped with Wolf coming back and that's it. I'll say Krystal if I need to list a name, but it's better served by bringing Wolf back and changing out a few final smashes and being done. And voices - give them their Brawl voices back.
F-Zero, Earthbound, Punch-Out: I really don't know any other characters from these series, and they're mostly dead anyway
Fire Emblem series: Azura
Definitely overrepped as is, but Azura has incredible potential. Too bad Corrin soured everyone on Fates.
Ice Climber, G&W: ... are there even any other character besides generic enemies?

Kid Icarus series: Medusa
Bring on the villainesses! But seriously, I hate this franchise, so not really.
Pikmin series: ... ...Alph
Only other Pikmin character I really know, but since the gameplay is based on them, we don't need another rep.
She's definitely the most popular, but again the game is not based around conflict so it's repped well as is.
Xenoblade series: I have no clue about anything Xenoblade, so I guess the main fashion-disaster character of the latest one.

Sonic series: Tails
I always played Tails whenever I had the choice. He'd make a great semi-clone of Sonic​

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123

Super Mario: Waluigi (Troll character, stupid moveset, medium-weighted fast and agile fighter).

Donkey Kong: Funky Kong (Item-based moveset, heavy character with high mobility but long animations and slow range).

Yoshi: Kamek (Light-weighted caster and zoner, high mobility, multiple jumps).

Wario: Ashley (Fire-themed, light-weighted caster, long range and small hitbox, high damages).

Zelda: Imp Midna (Light-weighted assassin, lots of damage, very mobile, extremely light-weighted and highly punishable).

Kirby: Marx (Light-weighted zoner, lots of damage and crowd control).

Metroid: Weavel (Close-ranged, medium-weighted fighter with no projectiles. Turns into a turret with his Final Smash).

Earthbound/Mother: Porky (Heavy-weighted, big, slow cyborg spider with big damages but also a big hitbox and limited movement).

F-Zero: Goroh (Mobile, fast medium-weight samurai with long sword).

Fire Emblem: Gangrel (Robin gives him back his sword. Fast and agile with thunder-themed spells. Strong counter).

Kid Icarus: Phosphora (slow mage with teleportation and thunder-themed abilities. High damage, slow animations that make her extremely punishable).

Star Fox: Wolf (rework him, faster and more special moves-based).

Retro Gaming: Mach Rider (can hop on and hop off of his bike, a heavy but uncontrollable heavy stampede in his first form, and a more "Captain Falcon-ish" moveset when he's not riding his mach).

Mega Man: Roll (no idea, I just love her).

Pikmin: Alph (Olimar gets reworked and gets to keep Red, Yellow and Blue. Alph gets Purple, Poison and Rock and is a more passive, defensive fighter that heavily relies con his projectiles and special moves).

Pokémon: Gengar (light-weighted caster with a big hitbox, can go through obstacles and walls).

Sonic: Robotnik (heavy-weighted, long, high, fights melee and summons minions to help him fight).

Animal Crossing: KK Slider (a complex, technical fighter, whose soundwaves are a big part of his kit. Think of Smash4 Donkey Kong's Final Smash, but as a moveset).

Punch-Out!!: Mr. Sandman (a rival to Little Mac. Heavy-weighted, slow but extremely powerful. Has a meter similar to Little Mac's).

Xenoblade Chronicles: Pyra (WIP)

Metal Gear Solid: Solid Snake (keep him his old way).

Street Fighter: Zangief (heavy-weighted, close-ranged fighter based on grabs).

Bayonetta: Rodin (heavy-weighted, slow, item-based fighter).

Final Fantasy: Black Mage (light-weighted caster with high damage. Fights with a foam sword as a reference to Kingdom Hearts II).

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord

Super Mario: Waluigi (Troll character, stupid moveset, medium-weighted fast and agile fighter).

Donkey Kong: Funky Kong (Item-based moveset, heavy character with high mobility but long animations and slow range).

Yoshi: Kamek (Light-weighted caster and zoner, high mobility, multiple jumps).

Wario: Ashley (Fire-themed, light-weighted caster, long range and small hitbox, high damages).

Zelda: Imp Midna (Light-weighted assassin, lots of damage, very mobile, extremely light-weighted and highly punishable).

Kirby: Marx (Light-weighted zoner, lots of damage and crowd control).

Metroid: Weavel (Close-ranged, medium-weighted fighter with no projectiles. Turns into a turret with his Final Smash).

Earthbound/Mother: Porky (Heavy-weighted, big, slow cyborg spider with big damages but also a big hitbox and limited movement).

F-Zero: Goroh (Mobile, fast medium-weight samurai with long sword).

Fire Emblem: Gangrel (Robin gives him back his sword. Fast and agile with thunder-themed spells. Strong counter).

Kid Icarus: Phosphora (slow mage with teleportation and thunder-themed abilities. High damage, slow animations that make her extremely punishable).

Star Fox: Wolf (rework him, faster and more special moves-based).

Retro Gaming: Mach Rider (can hop on and hop off of his bike, a heavy but uncontrollable heavy stampede in his first form, and a more "Captain Falcon-ish" moveset when he's not riding his mach).

Mega Man: Roll (no idea, I just love her).

Pikmin: Alph (Olimar gets reworked and gets to keep Red, Yellow and Blue. Alph gets Purple, Poison and Rock and is a more passive, defensive fighter that heavily relies con his projectiles and special moves).

Pokémon: Gengar (light-weighted caster with a big hitbox, can go through obstacles and walls).

Sonic: Robotnik (heavy-weighted, long, high, fights melee and summons minions to help him fight).

Animal Crossing: KK Slider (a complex, technical fighter, whose soundwaves are a big part of his kit. Think of Smash4 Donkey Kong's Final Smash, but as a moveset).

Punch-Out!!: Mr. Sandman (a rival to Little Mac. Heavy-weighted, slow but extremely powerful. Has a meter similar to Little Mac's).

Xenoblade Chronicles: Pyra (WIP)

Metal Gear Solid: Solid Snake (keep him his old way).

Street Fighter: Zangief (heavy-weighted, close-ranged fighter based on grabs).

Bayonetta: Rodin (heavy-weighted, slow, item-based fighter).

Final Fantasy: Black Mage (light-weighted caster with high damage. Fights with a foam sword as a reference to Kingdom Hearts II).
Snake and Wolf are veterans. Can you pick someone else from Star Fox and Metal Gear? Alph is okay because he was only an Olimar costume. But characters returning after being cut are not newcomers.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I've meant to post here, but I'm just now getting around to it right now.

Mario series: Captain Toad
Wario series: Ashley
Zelda series: Impa
Kirby series: Adeleine (total bias, it honestly should be Bandana Dee)
Pokémon series: Decidueye
EarthBound series: Porky Minch
Fire Emblem series: Lyndis... tough choice, though. I'd be fine with Celica or Chrom.
Ice Climber series: Polar Bear (lol)
Game & Watch series: ?
Kid Icarus series: Hades (Viridi or Medusa would also be fine, all for different reasons)
Pikmin series: Alph
R.O.B. series: ?
Punch-Out series: King Hippo
Wii Fit series: ?
Duck Hunt series: ?
Xenoblade series: Elma
Sonic series: Tails
Mega Man series: Zero
Pac-Man series: Blinky...
Street Fighter series: Chun-Li
Final Fantasy series: Terra Branford, I guess?
Bayonetta series: Rodin

Last edited:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Mario Series: Geno
Donkey Kong Series: Dixie Kong
The Legend of Zelda Series: Skull Kid
Metroid Series: Sylux
Yoshi's Island Series: Kamek
Kirby Series: Bandanna Dee
Star Fox Series: Leon
Pokemon Series: Incineroar
Earthbound Series: Ninten
F-Zero Series: Black Shadow
Fire Emblem Series: Edelgard
Kid Icarus Series: Viridi
WarioWare Series: Mona
Metal Gear Series: Raiden
Sonic Series: Shadow
Pikmin Series: Alph
Animal Crossing Series: Isabelle
Mega Man Series: Roll
Punch-Out!! Series: King Hippo
Pac-Man Series: Ms. Pac-Man
Xenoblade Series: Rex
Street Fighter Series: Ken
Final Fantasy Series: Black Mage
Bayonetta Series: Rodin
Splatoon Series: Octoling
Castlevania Series: Maria Renard

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
DK: Dixie Kong
Mario: Geno
Kirby: Rick
Metroid: Sylux
Zelda: (don’t know enough to choose, too many good choices from what I’ve seen)
Pokémon: Blaziken (Raichu and Meowth sadly are Pokeballs)
Sonic: Wayyyy too many good choices!!
Earthbound: Ninten
Xenoblade: Elma
Mega Man: Dr. Willy
Pac Man: Mrs. Pac Man

What I can think of now. I would add Krystal and Ashley for their series, but.. :(

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Mario series: Captain Toad
Yoshi series: ?????
Wario series: Ashley
Zelda series: Skull Kid
Kirby series: Bandana Dee
Pokémon series: Buzzwole
Star Fox series: Slippy Toad
EarthBound series: ?????
Fire Emblem series: Celica
Ice Climber series: ?????
Game & Watch series: ?????
Kid Icarus series: Viridi
Pikmin series: Alph
R.O.B. series: ?????
Punch-Out series: Mr. Sandman
Wii Fit series: ?????
Duck Hunt series: ?????
Xenoblade series: Elma
Sonic series: Shadow
Mega Man series: Zero
Pac-Man series: Ms. Pac-Man
Street Fighter series: Chun-Li
Final Fantasy series: Tifa Lockheart
Bayonetta series: ?????

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Oho, guess my extensive general knowledge of the various Nintendo series can finally pay off for once!

:ultmario: - Fawful. He's a bit of an obscure character, but he is a recurring villain in the Mario & Luigi sub-series, and pretty fun in that. Plus, new villain.
:ultzelda: - Vaati. The second most frequently used villain after Ganon/dorf, a good counterpart to Toon Link, and a mage, which is still a pretty uncommon archetype in Smash.
:ultdk: - Cranky. I've admittedly only played Tropical Freeze, but Cranky was a lot of fun to use in that game.
:ultkirby: - Marx. I'm admittedly not that familiar with Kirby, but from what I know, he has a good amount of potential.
:ultpikachu: - Zoroark (with N as trainer in the background). Representative for Generation 5, fitting body type for a Smash fighter, and already one of the more prominent PokéBall Pokémon.
:ultsamus: - Rundas. With both Ridley and Dark Samus in, there admittedly aren't that many characters with potential left, but I suppose he still has the most to offer.
:ultfox: - Krystal. Never played any Star Fox game for myself, but based on the footage I've seen, she's the one with the most potential left.
:ultness: - Ninten. The last protagonist of the series that's not in Smash yet, so. . .
:ultfalcon: - Black Shadow. Just give him Ganondorf's moveset and let us re-enact that one scene from the F-Zero anime.
:ultmarth: - Micaiah. The Radiant duology is admittedly among the FE games that I've yet to play, but she's a primary light magic user, and I really like her design.
:ultpit: - Medusa. There's several characters from KI that could fit in really well, but considering her role in the story, I feel she fits best.
:ultolimar: - Alph. Don't have much of an opinion on Pikmin, so just going with the alt.
:ultvillager: - Isabelle. I'm honestly a bit doubtful that Animal Crossing can provide much more in the way of original fighters, so I'm going with the most likely Echo Fighter.
:ultshulk: - Elma. Rex and Pyra are just plain bad in absolutely every regard, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is not exactly the best follow-up to the original. X meanwhile is more of its own thing, and Elma is all around simply a better character.

Passing on the Wario, Yoshi, R.O.B., Wii Fit, Punch-Out, Ice Climber and Game & Watch series, since I don't think there's much more you could get from them.
Now, for third-party series:

:ultsnake: - Raiden. I only really know Metal Gear from a series of in-depth reviews, but he seems like he could bring some interesting stuff to the table.
:ultsonic: - Blaze the Cat. . . .My Sonic phase was years ago, but I still unironically like Blaze. She's by far one of the more interesting characters in the series, really.
:ultmegaman: - Zero. Technically a Mega Man X character, but eh, Smash apparently counts that as the same series.
:ultpacman: - Pass.
:ultryu: - Uhh, Chun-Li, I guess?
:ultcloud: - Smash apparently counts FF as represented by Cloud to be just FF7, so I suppose Tifa?
:ultbayonetta: - Jeanne. She'd probably only really make it in as an Echo Fighter, but hey, I'm fine with that.

CanadianSmasher1992

Smash Cadet
Mario Series: Captain Toad
Donkey Kong Series: Dixie Kong
The Legend of Zelda Series: Tetra
Metroid Series: Sylux
Yoshi's Island Series: Kamek
Kirby Series: Magolor
Star Fox Series: Krystal
Pokemon Series: Buzzwole
Earthbound Series: Ninten
F-Zero Series: Black Shadow
Fire Emblem Series: Micaiah
Kid Icarus Series: Medusa
WarioWare Series: Ashley
Metal Gear Series: Big Boss
Sonic Series: Tails
Pikmin Series: Alph
Animal Crossing Series: Isabelle
Mega Man Series: Zero
Punch-Out!! Series: King Hippo
Pac-Man Series: Ms. Pac-Man
Xenoblade Series: Elma
Street Fighter Series: Ken
Final Fantasy Series: Terra
Bayonetta Series: Jeanne
Splatoon Series: Octoling
Castlevania Series: Alucard

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I will not be counting retro series (:ultgnw::ultrob::ulticeclimbers::ultduckhunt:) but I will count anyone from the following series who isn't a Victory Screen cameo, stage boss (note the boss), or Assist Trophy. Final Smash and non-fightable Stage cameos are fine, with the exception of Viridi.
:ultmario: - I guess Geno? Or Captain Toad
:ultkirby: - Bandana Waddle Dee
:ultlink: - Impa
:ultyoshi: - ?????
:ultdk: - Dixie Kong
:ultfox: - we're good with what we have
:ultsamus: - Sylux
:ultpikachu:- Buzzwole
:ultness: - either Ninten or Kumatora
:ultfalcon: - Black Shadow, no question
:ultmarth:- Celica (Robin echo)
:ultpit:- Medusa (Palutena echo)
:ultwario:- can't use Ashley soooooo...Mona?
:ultsonic:- Tails
:ultsnake:- we're good
:ultolimar:- Brittany (with Rock Pikmin)
:ultvillager:- Isabelle
:ultmegaman:- Bass
:ultwiifittrainer:- we're good
:ultlittlemac:- Disco Kid
:ultpacman:- we're good
:ultshulk:- Fiora, Elma, or Rex&Pyra tbh i want all 3
:ultryu:- Chun-li
:ultcloud:- Zack (Cloud echo)
:ultbayonetta:- Jeanne as an echo of Bayonetta???
:ultinkling:- Octoling
:ultsimon:- we're good

GolisoPower

Smash Master
:ultmario: - Fawful
:ultlink: - Impa
:ultkirby: - Marx
:ultpikachu: - Buzzwole
:ultfox: - Slippy
:ultyoshi: - Baby Bowser
:ultmarth: - Edelgard
:ultpit: - Viridi
:ultwario: - Jimmy T
:ultsnake: - Raiden
:ultolimar: - Louie
:ultvillager: - Resetti
:ultmegaman: - Bass
:ultlittlemac: - King Hippo
:ultshulk: - Rex & Pyra
:ultinkling: - Octoling
:ultsimon: - Cornell

Handy Man

Smash Ace
:ultmario: - Paper Mario
:ultkirby: - Bandana Waddle Dee
:ultlink: - Pig Ganon
:ultyoshi: - Poochy
:ultfox: - Krystal
:ultpikachu:- Gen 8 Pokémon rep
:ultness: - Porky
:ultfalcon: - Samurai Goroh
:ultmarth:- Black Knight
:ultpit:- Hades
:ultwario:- Ashley
:ultsonic:- Shadow
:ultsnake:- Raiden
:ultolimar:- The President
:ultmegaman:- Roll
:ultlittlemac:- King Hippo
:ultpacman:- Ms. Pac-Man
:ultshulk:- Rex & Pyra
:ultryu:- Chun-Li
:ultcloud:- Tidus, just for the laugh taunt.
:ultbayonetta:- Jeanne
:ultsimon:- Alucard

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
I'm taking this as a challenge for a future game, so anyone who's currently deconfirmed is fair game.

Mario - Waluigi
Donkey Kong - Dixie Kong
Legend of Zelda - Daruk
Metroid - Kraid
Kirby - Gooey
Star Fox - Andross
Pokémon - Lyranroc
Yoshi - The Stork
Earthbound - Porky Minch
F-Zero - Blood Falcon
Fire Emblem - Some pre-emptively chosen swordfighter
Ice Climbers - Polar Bear
Game & Watch - Spitball Sparky
Kid Icarus - Viridi
Wario - Mona
Metal Gear - Psycho Mantis
Sonic - Dr. Eggman
Pikmin - Charlie
Robot - The Professor
Animal Crossing - K.K. Slider
Wii Fit - Frisbee Dog as Duck Hunt echo
Mega Man - Sigma
Punch Out - Glass Joe joke character
Pac-Man - Ghost Troupe
Xenoblade - Elma
Duck Hunt - Mr. Stevenson
Street Fighter - Chun-Li
Final Fantasy - Black Mage
Bayonetta - Jeanne echo
Splatoon - Cap'n Cuttlefish
Castlevania - Dracula

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
:ultmario: Geno?
:ultdk: Cranky Kong
:ultyounglink: Skull Kid
:ultyoshi: Poochy?
:ultsamus: Sylux?
:ultkirby: Bandana Waddle Dee
:ultfox: Krystal?
:ultpikachu: Too many to be complete sure; I guess Decidueye this time.
:ultness: Porky I guess
:ultfalcon: Black Shadow
:ultmarth: Micaiah! (My most wanted character ever!)
:ultpit: Medusa (FGO revived my love for Gorgons)
:ultwario:
Ashley
:ultsonic: Shadow
:ultsnake: Raiden
:ultolimar: ???
:ultvillager: Isabelle
:ultmegaman: Roll
:ultlittlemac: I would go with anyone xD
:ultpacman: ???
:ultshulk: KOS-MOS (Elma otherwise)
:ultryu: Chun-Li
:ultcloud: Terra or Bartz
:ultbayonetta: I guess Jeanne
:ultinkling: Octoling
:ultsimon: Alucard

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
:ultmario: : Geno
:ultdk: : Dixie Kong
:ultyoshi: : Kamek
:ultwario: : Ashley
:ultlink: : Skull Kid
:ultkirby: : Bandana Dee
:ultsamus: : Sylux
:ultpikachu: : Gardevoir
:ultfox: : Krystal
:ultfalcon: : Deathborn
:ultness: : Ninten
:ultmarth: : Anna
:ulticeclimbers: : Condor (=P)
:ultgnw: : Uh...!?!
:ultpit: : Medusa
:ultolimar: : Louie
:ultrob: : No clue... =P
:ultvillager: : Isabelle
:ultlittlemac:: King Hippo
:ultwiifittrainer: : Game is fully repped as far as I can tell
:ultduckhunt: : The entire series is already repped
:ultshulk: : Elma
:ultsonic: : Shadow
:ultsnake: : Raiden
:ultmegaman: : Zero
:ultpacman: : Ms. Pac-Man
:ultryu: : Chun-Li
:ultcloud: : Tifa
:ultbayonetta: : Jeanne
:ultinkling: : Octaling
:ultsimon: : Alucard

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I have some questionable choices for just pure fun and creativity, but I'll try and explain most of them.

:ultmario:: Pauline:
Her move set is based on Items and hazards from Donkey Kong (Spring for recovery, Hammer for Smash attacks, , Barrel toss/roll for a Neutral Special, Mario vs DK games (Mini Mario Toys that walk around and attack similar to :ultbowserjr:'s Down Special) , and Super Mario Odyssey (New Donk Scooter for Side Special and Tiara or Cappy as grabs/tether grab). Thanks to Odyssey giving Pauline the recognition she deserves I hope Nintendo plans on using her in future Mario games.
:ultdk:: Candy Kong
I made a move set for her years ago but I'll include some new ideas. Uses the Music Shop weapons from DK 64, dance attacks referencing the DKC GB mini games, a Blowing Kiss projectile which is a stun/confuse move, and a Save State/Checkpoint Barrel that needs to charge like a Final Smash Meter (land hits to build meter). The barrels purpose is for healing your ratio % back to before you took damage . So say if you have 80% ratio and your opponents attack increases it to a much higher percentage, you can use the fully charged barrel to reverse the damage back to 80%.

The Cons to using this move while healing is that it leaves you vulnerable to attacks so if you get hit by anything you lose the meter. The healing takes about as long as :ultwiifittrainer:'s full Sun Salutation to charge. You're best bet is to use this move whenever you take in a huge amount of damage and use the Save Barrel to fix yourself up.
:ultlink:: Champions as Echo Fighters:
I personally just want Urbosa as a Ganon Echo but honestly if one makes it in Smash then the others should as well. All of the Champions have an elemental effect with their specials or attacks but they each have cloned moves from a variety of veterans from the roster, but mostly from the Zelda series.
:ultsamus:: Anthony Higgs: (Because I remembered him...hehe)
:ultyoshi:: COMPLETE
:ultkirby:: Adeleine: (Her art abilities could bring something unique to Smash, plus she's relevant again.)
:ultfox:: Slippy:
Slippy is arguably the second most useful member of the team thanks to his skill as the Lead Mechanic. As far as a basic move set he has a Blaster, Reflector, and his own Toad illusion side special move, but also uses the drones from SF Zero and Guard. For a more fleshed out move set I made a Slippy Thread during the Smash 4 speculation days you can look for. I think it was called "Enemy Shield Analyzed!: Slippy Toad Support Thread".
:ultpikachu:: Ditto:
Instead of Ditto being in a Poke Ball it would be cooler if he replaced the Random Slot on the roster. Ditto would be a new Pokemon rep but mainly serve as the Mimic character that you see in fighting games such as Tekken, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat and etc.
:ultpit:: Medusa
:ultmarth:: Camilla
My recent FE choice is Black Knight as an Ike Echo, but I still would love to see her because I'm a sucker for characters that fight with a giant Axe in games, and the fact that we don't have an Axe fighter who MAINLY uses one for majority of their attacks (:ultsimon::ultrichter:). I'm not aware of her popularity but I'm sure she has it due to looking like pure waifu bait, but hey I'm not complaining :snake:
:ultness:: Porky (Mother 2 Mech. Giegue is also an honorable mention.)
:ultfalcon:: Samurai Goroh (Sakurai please stop sleeping on Goroh.)
:ultolimar:: COMPLETE
:ultwario:: Captain Syrup: (I know there's plenty of Wario Ware reps to choose from but I would pick a Wario Land character/Antagonist any day.)
:ultvillager:: Isabelle
She's grown on me over the years and the amount of hours I've put in AC New Leaf. Nintendo treats her as the poster girl for AC so I wouldn't mind her being in Ultimate as an Echo. Just replace the chopping trees part with building a town project, then dismantle it onto your opponent.
:ultwiifittrainer:: (Just buff her please Mr. Sakurai. I still love playing with her but I'll just keep her as one of my secondaries for Ultimate.)
:ultshulk:: Rex & Pyra (4 colors for Pyra and the other 4 are Mythra as an Alt costume)
:ultgnw::ulticeclimbers:RETRO:ultrob::ultduckhunt:: Mach Rider
:ultpacman:: Nightmare:
Shameless plug for Namco Bandai and market the Soul Calibur series. If not a Soul rep then we always have Heihachi for Sakurai to go back and make playable this time around.
:ultsnake:: Gray Fox: (Raiden is an honorable mention.)
:ultsimon:: COMPLETE: (Unpopular opinion but I'm okay with Alucard as an AT.)
:ultsonic:: Tails:
For a Sonic rep I would choose Knuckles first because he is just perfect for a fighting game, unfortunately his an AT now. But for another SEGA rep I would choose NiGHTS because whatever spin off project Sonic is in NiGHTS mostly makes an appearance. NiGHTS could also be a floating, slower Echo Fighter of Sonic. Give NiGHTS :ultrosalina:'s Up Special, replace the running animation with flying and replace the spin dash with boosting and acrobatic moves inspired from it's games.
:ultbayonetta:: COMPLETE: (One Bayo is enough so no Jeanne. Rodin would be cool but I'm going to pass.)
:ultmegaman:: COMPLETE: (Zero would be cool though.)
:ultryu:: Chun-Li
:ultcloud:: Tifa:
She would be an awesome fighter for Smash. If a character from the SNES era were to be chosen then Terra would be great as well.
:ultinkling:: Octolings:
Never played Splatoon yet nor do I have an interest yet but I respect the games. Octolings look pretty cool and I always see their requests.

Last edited:

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
:ultmario: : Geno
:ultdk: : Dixie Kong
:ultwario: : Captain Syrup
:ultlink: : Skull Kid
:ultkirby: : Marx
:ultsamus: : Baby Metroid
:ultpikachu: : Deoxys
:ultfox: : Krystal
:ultfalcon: : Deathborn
:ultness: : Porky
:ultmarth: : Michaiah
:ulticeclimbers: : Polar Bear
:ultgnw: : None
:ultolimar: : Golden Plasm Wraith
:ultrob: : None
:ultvillager: : K.K. Slider
:ultwiifittrainer: : None
:ultduckhunt: : None
:ultshulk: : Elma or KOS-MOS
:ultsonic: : Dr. Robotnik
:ultmegaman: : Bass
:ultryu: : Bison
:ultcloud: : Terra
:ultbayonetta: : Balder
:ultinkling: : Octoling
:ultsimon: : Alucard

warelander

Smash Journeyman
The characters in brackets would have been my top choice, but have been deconfirmed:

:ultmario:: Captain Toad (Toad and assuming that Captain can pull a Toon Link/Alfonzo)
:ultdk:: Dixie Kong
:ultlink: : Ganon
:ultsamus: : Sylux (Mother Brain)
:ultkirby: : Dark Matter
:ultfox: : Slippy Toad (Krystal)
:ultpikachu: : Meloetta
:ultfalcon: : Black Shadow (Samurai Goroh)
:ultness: : Ninten
:ultmarth: : Anna
:ultwario: : Kat & Ana
:ultolimar: : Louie
:ultvillager: : Mr. Resetti
:ultlittlemac: : Glass Joe
:ultshulk: : Rex & Pyra
:ultsonic: : Dr. Eggman
:ultmegaman: : Roll
:ultryu: : Ken
:ultcloud: : Sephiroth

The retro reps and Wii Fit stand fine as they are now and Bayonetta is the one veteran series that I know nothing about, so I'm not picking anything there.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
:ultmario:: Captain Toad (Dry Bowser is a close second)
:ultdk:: Dixie Kong
:ultyoshi:: Kamek
:ultwario:: Ashley
:ultlink:: Impa
:ultkirby:: Bandana Dee
:ultsamus:: Sylux
:ultpikachu:: Silvally
:ultfox:: Krystal
:ultfalcon:: Black Shadow
:ultness:: Ninten
:ultmarth:: Lyn
:ulticeclimbers:: Polar Bear
:ultgnw:: ?
:ultpit:: Medusa
:ultolimar:: Louie
:ultrob:: ?
:ultvillager:: Isabelle
:ultlittlemac:: Glass Joe
:ultwiifittrainer:: Wii Balance Board
:ultduckhunt:: ?
:ultshulk:: Elma
:ultsonic:: Shadow (Tails is a VERY close second)
:ultsnake:: Raiden
:ultmegaman:: Roll
:ultpacman:: Ms. Pac-Man
:ultryu:: Chun-Li
:ultcloud:: Terra
:ultbayonetta:: Rodin

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Mario: Captain Toad

Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong (now that we got the King)

Zelda: Impa

Kirby: Bandana Dee

Star Fox: Krystal (but sadly she's deconfirmed) so Peppy Hare

Metroid: Anthony Higgs (since we got Ridley and Dark Samus)

F-Zero: Black Shadow

Earthbound: Porky

Pokemon: Decidueye

Pikmin: Louie

Bayonetta: Jeanne

Sonic: Shadow or Tails (don't really care either way)

Fire Emblem: Camilla

Splatoon: DJ Octavio

Punch-Out!!: King Hippo

Xenoblade: Rex & Pyra

Mega Man: Dr. Willy

Final Fantasy: Don't know anything about the series so I guess a Chocobo

Street Fighter: Akuma

Ice Climber: Nobody

Game & Watch: Nobody

Duck Hunt: Nobody

Metal Gear Solid: Don't care preferably nobody but I guess Raiden

Wii Fit Trainer: Mii Exerciser yes a new Mii class to go along with Swordfighter, Gunner, and Brawler.

R.O.B.: Virtual Boy (yes a playable Virtual Boy since R.O.B represents Nintendo Accessories)

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Mario: Geno
DK: Dixie Kong
Yoshi: Kamek or Baby Mario
Metroid: Sylux
Star Fox: none
Legend of Zelda: Skull Kid or Tingle
Kirby: Marx or Bandanna Waddle Dee
Pokemon: Incineroar, Zeraora, Necrozma or Nihilego
F-Zero: Black Shadow or Deathborn
Mother/EarthBound: Ninten
Ice Climber: None
Fire Emblem: Azura, Celica, Ephraim, Fjorm, Hector, Anna, or Sigurd
Game & Watch: none
Kid Icarus: Medusa or Hades
Wario: Captain Syrup
Pikmin: none
Stack-up/Gyromite: none
Animal Crossing: none
Mega Man: none
Wii Fit: none
Punch-Out: none
Metal Gear: Raiden
Sonic the Hedgehog: Shadow or Dr. Eggman
Pac-Man: none
Xenoblade: Rex (w/ Pyra & Mythra) or Elma
Street Fighter: Ken, Chun-Li or Akuma
Final Fantasy: Terra Branford, Yuna, or Noctis
Bayonetta: Jeanne

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
:ultmario: Paper Mario
:ultdk: Dixie Kong
:ultyoshi: Kamek
:ultyounglink: Impa
:ultkirby: Bandana Dee
:ultsamus: Kraid
:ultfox: Krystal
:ultpikachu: Raichu
:ultfalcon: Black Shadow
:ultness: Porky Minch
:ultmarth: Celica
:ulticeclimbers: Polar Bear
:ultgnw: Treating this as a pre-NES series: Hanafuda Cards
:ultwario: Ashley
:ultpit: Medusa
:ultolimar: Louie
:ultrob: Virtual Boy
:ultvillager: Isabelle
:ultwiifittrainer: Balance Board
:ultlittlemac: King Hippo
:ultshulk: Elma
:ultduckhunt: Mr. Stevenson (Gumshoe)
:ultinkling: Octoling
:ultsonic: Tails
:ultsnake: Raiden
:ultmegaman: Protoman
:ultpacman: Ms. Pac-Man
:ultryu: Ken
:ultcloud: Sephiroth
:ultbayonetta: Jeanne
:ultsimon: Alucard

Last edited:

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
:ultmario: - Geno or Midbus
:ultkirby: - Marx
:ultlink: - Skull Kid
:ultyoshi: - Kamek
:ultdk: - Funky Kong
:ultfox: - Slippy Toad or Leon
:ultpikachu:- Decidueye
:ultness: - Porky
:ultfalcon: - Black Shadow or Deathborn
:ultmarth:- Hector
:ultpit:- Hades
:ultwario:- Orbulon
:ultsonic:- Vector The Crocodile
:ultsnake:- Raiden
:ultmegaman:- Bass EXE
:ultlittlemac:- King Hippo
:ultshulk:- Rex & Pyra
:ultryu:- Hakan from Street Fighter 4
:ultcloud:- Kefka From Final Fantasy 6
:ultinkling:- DJ Octavio
:ultsimon:- Soma Cruz

jamesster445

Smash Lord
:ultmario:- Waluigi is dead, Long live Captain Toad.
:ultdk:- Dixie Kong. Echo or newcomer. Dixie should've been here since Brawl.
:ultlink:- Hilda.
:ultsamus:- Anthony Higgs. I got Ridley, we got Dark Samus. There really isn't whole lot of options left. Why not Random Black Guy?
:ultyoshi:- Wooly Yoshi?
:ultkirby:- My heart say Prince Fluff, My Mind says Bandana Dee, but my **** says Buff Dedede.
:ultfox:- Slippy
:ultpikachu:- Decidueye/Lycanroc
:ultness:- Porky
:ultfalcon:- Black Shadow
:ulticeclimbers:- N/A
:ultmarth:- Anna
:ultgnw:- N/A
:ultpit:- Hades/Medusa
:ultwario:- Mona/Jimmy T
:ultolimar:- Louie/Brittany
:ultrob:- N/A
:ultvillager:- I don't know enough about Animal Crossing to make a judgement here.
:ultwiifittrainer:- N/A
:ultlittlemac:- Mike Tyson
:ultmiifighters:- Mii Magician/ Mii Sportsmaster
:ultshulk:- Morag>Elma>Tora>Ardainian Soldier>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rex
:ultduckhunt:- N/A
:ultsnake:- Liquid Snake
:ultsonic:- Shadow
:ultmegaman:- I would've said Protoman.
:ultpacman:- Easy, Ms Pac Man.
:ultryu:- Any shotoclone (Ken, Akuma, Evil Ryu... Dan)
:ultcloud:- Tifa,
:ultsimon:- I would've said Alucard.

Top Bottom