• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu, where art thou?

Sukai

Smash Champion
Wow, have everyone completely given up on him?

Seriously, what happened? Someone has to bring Pichu back to something other than a distant memory.
I'll do my part, what about anyone else?

*echos*

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Pichu is masochistic, so it's hard to form a relationship with him.

He also is a feather. So if you do happen to become good friends with him, he'll just f l o a t a w a y . . .

Seriously, though, that's why nobody bothers. Self-damaging + light + short-ranged = I'd rather main Fox or Marth or Peach or what have you.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Pichu hits hard and combos well, can chaingrab spacies and combos from down and up throw, it's possible to win a match using no self-damaging attacks, Back air and neutral air edge guards well because of their great priority, Forward Smash edgeguards well, because of it's low altitude and viable (enough) range, up air juggles, Skull Bash *****, etc. I mean, yeah, he's not a good character, but he can win a few matches.

Fast, small target, mindgaymes!

rhan

Smash Hero
Pichu loses to 90% of the characters. Seriously Pichu is fun to play as just not worth playing as. He's just a waste of space.

rhan

Smash Hero
I was trying to be nice. But I believe that a good Pichu can beat Kirby, Mewtwo, And maybe Zelda.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think Pichu can beat characters but saying a character loses to another usually is a way of saying they're at a disadvantage.

I mean, Marth loses to Sheik. Does mean matchup is impossible, just that he'll usually lose. Same thing with Pichu. What characters do Pichu do even or better against? I guarantee he doesn't have the advantage or even matchup with Mewtwo. Mewtwo range is too good. :laugh:

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I think Pichu can beat characters but saying a character loses to another usually is a way of saying they're at a disadvantage.

I mean, Marth loses to Sheik. Does mean matchup is impossible, just that he'll usually lose. Same thing with Pichu. What characters do Pichu do even or better against? I guarantee he doesn't have the advantage or even matchup with Mewtwo. Mewtwo range is too good. :laugh:
LOL @ Mewtwo getting a grab at 100%.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Even though she does have self-damaging attacks, most of her better attacks aren't self-damaging. Her projectile isn't that great unless it's done in the air and her down-B sucks. Her forward air is only good for grab setups, but lacks range and is thus overshadowed by her other attacks. Her up-B is about the only self-damaging move worth doing, and that's only for recovery. I'd also say never bother with grab attacks since they do more damage to yourself than the enemy.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Just an explanation in case it wasn't obvious. Aside from Peach, who has a metric ***-ton of fighting experience from being beaten by Mario, the rest of the female cast is burly.

sammy p

Smash Lord
as everyone has sed..she damages her self and is light..... she basically a pikachu(withoud damaging and not as light)

no one likes pichu... mabey if they revamppd her id definatley play her but shes not worth it at all.... sorry but thats how it is....

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Pichu works for me once in a while randomly, I can surprise a space animal/falcon with it. But anything more then one match usually is going to far.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Pichu has to be one of the funnest characters to play. If he didn't damage himself with half of his moveset, I would pick him up in an instant. I like his fair and dair a lot, but the cost of using them is so high.

And no, I don't like Pikachu. Just Pichu.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Pichu damages him/herself (this is SO far from sexist now) because Pichu's can't control their electricity...
Now as much as it makes sense to implement "everything" about a character...what would happen with like Ness? He can understand animals thoughts...wouldn't that own any animal-like character, why didn't they implement that? >_>
They should have just made Pichu quicker and lighter than Pikachu, maybe play with the moveset a little more, and that's it. Because now, Pichu is a pain to play

Monkey Wrench

Smash Apprentice
Pichu needs a reliable spacing move(at least Kirby has bair) and combos that do more than 20-30%. If we're going for a unique Pichu, it would probably be a character of extremes: Exceptional combos, speed and KO power, but abysmal range and extremely light weight.

Some Pichu buffs off the top of my head:

• Faster utilt
  • Increased knockback on dtilt
  • Slightly decreased KB on uthrow
  • Increase damage on all moves by a couple %(especially uair)
  • Increased hitbox on bair and faster cooldown
  • Increased hitbox, KB on dsmash
  • Increased KB on dair OR make it a spike
  • Faster thunder
  • Slightly more range on fsmash, adjust hitbox to make it harder to DI out of
  • Faster ftilt
  • KB on all moves increases with Pichu's damage(or just remove self-damage entirely)

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
i think pichu = falcon on the matchup xD
i won against a very good falcon
just spam Nairs if he doesn't DD
crouching pichu means no combos
Uthrow -> usmash rocks (if not DIed i think)
only play on FD, you will loose on other stages D:
abuse his speed and jump while running
abuse easy edgeguarding (try to Bthrow on low %)

i think any other high tier character is impossible, maybe a stupid falco/fox who would fall for a Bthrow->edgeguard xD

idk why i posted this here, i think there isnt any other pichu threads that are alive xD

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
Bring him back from a distant memory?
Good luck with that, you'll need more than just yourself, because then people just say
"oh you just make him look good so we aren't going to raise him up any higher"
just ask Taj.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Pichu is in a league of her own. She should be below bottom tier. She's so utterly useless in every possible way.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I think it's worse that while Pichu was meant to be a joke character, Kirby was overnerfed to the point that he is nearly as bad, if not equal to Pichu.
lmao. Yeah this.

In all honesty, I think Pichu isn't as bad as some people put him off to be.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
But it makes it harder to combo/hit/camp/pillar him right? Just like his short range is made up for for by the fact he is uber fast, has projectiles, and good power.
We all know we picked someone flawed just like the people who picked up fox so focus on what makes him good not bad because there is no point to expand on his flaws.

Ps I am back.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
true but that's because no one has ever used him right if fair=grab and grab=regrab then why in heck wouldn't you fair? most people won't touch half of his moves, no they should ALWAYS land those moves to get the reward, am I right?

and does pichu have any useless moves like other people like fox(fair),falco(fair),sheik(non-d-throw and side/down-B),gannondorf(uptilt,B),kirby(you all really know),or ness(B,down-smash,and pretty bad ground game due to shorter than pichu range)?

none of pichu's moves are useless. Remember talking about flaws is all people have talked about for over 8 years in the pichu boards don't be the same guy the repeats him self slowly tearing down pichu even lower

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
because..... pichu has to work really hard to get in on anyone and fair...? he has ****ty priority and range D:
like I have nothing against Pichu, but if you like Pichu enough to main him (More power to you, I use DK), you need to accept his weaknesses and then mold your playstyle to get around those as best you can.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
like I said if you can land the move, but playing just nair is a massive fail in so many ways this isn't fox, like I SHFFL upair it sets up combos and grabs on FFers which means grab ****. No more stuff about pichu sucking unless needed like someone says pichu is the greatest or only sees the pros.

I,ve been molding my style and I only do about 25ish percent to myself per a match unlessd I get a chain from f-throw or a lot or recovery stuff.

I,m just saying if you use the self hurt you must know 100% your going to land it. Don't avoid the moves all together. ps pichu is naked for 2 frames during d-tilt. have a good night

Smash Master
Pichu is Falcon with a recovery...

j/k, but he does have Falcon-like aerial mobility and general speed. His nair is beastly. His f-smash basically ***** anyone who shields or spotdodges in front of you. His d-smash has a nasty trajectory. His dair outprioritizes the world. His only real weaknesses are early dying and lack of range. Nair makes up for the latter, and as for the former, you have more than enough tools at your disposal to be hitting them more than they hit you. Pichu is completely undeserving of his tier spot. He's better than Mewtwo, better than Kirby, and better than Ness, and it's time for us Pichu mains to step it up. Who's with me?

Edit: read page two of the thread... side B is pretty useless...

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
you know you can cancel the lag in side-b and it's recovery move. go to PS roll to the end and change it all the way and the lag won't be there and you can use up-b to slide back on, it looks kind of cool.

But I tryed that before I was banned from here(why the pichu boards started up a little) No one understands the fact the self hurting moves aren't useless and they can't get over it go and read old pichu threads there is always one guy being bashed all the time for trying.

But i,m with you.

Heck pichu is low in melee because everyones a ***** and is afraid to even touch him. and everyone will give you terrible advice on how to play as him like don't touch your self hurting moves on that's basicly takeing away half your moves, no always land your self-hurting moves, take his fair it gives you a free grab which is amazing when you have 2 chain throws 1 techchase and a solid laucher.

he is light and chain throwable so it falco but pichu can't be or is hard to camp, combo,hit,edge gaurd,juggle,pillar,and waveshine unlike like falco hmm. which is the better trade,

pichu has more ways to appraoch than pikachu by useing his up-B, pichu is really fast and really powerful only a fool would argue otherwise.

he has poor range, but he is fast and powerful hard to predict, has projectlies, mindgames, and with a good defence which pikachu dooesn't have.

I,m not saying pichu is high or anything but he should be a little below pikachu and he is a legit fox /falco counter they can't camp,juggle,waveshine,gimp, and pichu can use any air move to get a grab and chain throw or juggle them to death or easily gimp.

but i,m crazy so F*** me. and yes a covered his flaws but his pros which are pretty high and I didn't count any of the small details like 2 frames of landing lag because no one really uses them.
So crealy pichu's flaws are out wieghted by his pros.

get your mind blown

Smash Master
That's true, forgot about recovery properties. Its use as an attack is basically nil though.

Pichu is very comboable, IMO. He has those same weird grabbing properties as Pikachu, making chainthrows just horrible. Fox can literally uthrow uair, uair, uair a Pichu at 0%, and apart from smash-DIing the uairs, there really isn't anything Pichu can do.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
worse I,m an ice climber main. I won't let anyone juggle me I have had that way to much as an ice climber, I use down-B and F*** them up.

pichu can't be grabed by peach/zedla when he jabs giving him one of the best sheild pressures in the game.

I may make a thread later talking about all the stuff i,ve discovered. look carefully I want pichu to be like the ice climbers chain throws, WD, juggling and sadly I can't rip pichu in half for de-snyces

Top Bottom