• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu STINKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_clinton

Smash Master
Well of course Pichu stinks! He/She is a baby pokemon, ever take care of kids before? They stink ok.

Being Serious for a second, Pichu isn't bad at all, in fact I think its learning curve to get good with is a lot better then the rest of the other underratted characters (Ness, Bowser (everyone else who is low, but I'm saying Ness and Bowser because of what makes them is what people don't like (kindof like Pichu)) anyone? All of these characters rock the boat but they are underrated).

"if you strike me down..." you all know how the rest of this goes :grin:

Endurance one post below me:
"Learn to use the edit button ;D"

I respond with:
I do use the edit button ok :)

Endurance

Smash Apprentice
Well of course Pichu stinks! He/She is a baby pokemon, ever take care of kids before? They stink ok.

Being Serious for a second, Pichu isn't bad at all, in fact I think its learning curve to get good with is a lot better then the rest of the other underratted characters (Ness, Bowser (everyone else who is low, but I'm saying Ness and Bowser because of what makes them is what people don't like (kindof like Pichu)) anyone? All of these characters rock the boat but they are underrated).

"if you strike me down..." you all know how the rest of this goes :grin:

Learn to use the edit button ;D
Anyways, I like ness and bowser, o.o

poopsmellslikecrap

Smash Cadet
i have to agree with pichu is a very difficult character to get good with because of his numerous weaknesses. skill always outweighs tiers, so if you're better with pichu than anyone else... be pichu. Also an advantage of using an "underused" character, is sometimes people have no idea how to fight u and being pichu is a mindgame in itself.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's funny, Fox's U-air is one of the only attacks I can DI out of well. Smash DI out of the first hit and the second one will miss you.
What I'm saying is pretty much what 1048576 said. Pichu has so many disadvantages you have to be that much better in every situation. This is why "Pichu stinks".
If having that attitude isn't going to get me very far with Pichu, I don't mind, I have better characters to practice with, haha. But knowing the weaknesses of a character isn't going to set me back, it just gives me something to focus on in training.
Quoted for truth.

Wait, another thread about Pichu being teh suck? LAME. But It's not like I'm gonna deny the truth.

Listen up, all of you. Just stfu you don't know anything, T0MMY is right, I am right, and you just got owned, pichu sucks, go home.

Daywalker

Smash Rookie
Well yes there are ups and downs to Pichu I will admit that... I am a Pichu main and I find it extremely frustrating to play at a competitive level... I mean I have no problem with the character... I love Pichu, But he has so many disadvantages and he's very frustrating to play. He dies at 60-80% easily and he hurts himself. His advantages (believe me he has very little) is his F-Smash edge guard and his upsmash (which I might add is amazingly slow) But pretty much if you wanna main Pichu you better be ready to be frustrated alot and be ready to be at a disadvanage at all times.

Sorry guys, it's the truth... I know believe me I main the little *******

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
fox's jab has more range than pichu's dtilt, I don't want people taking what I said about out ranging fox seriously. I also don't want people to mistake my pichu enthusiasum as a sort of blind unfounded apreciation either.

also... you can't smash DI out of foxes u-air while he is rising at you at 0%-30%... you jerks... <.<

goateeguy

Smash Ace
When I insult Zelda everyone agrees with me, but when I insult Pichu everyone goes balistic. There is definately something wrong here...

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
No... Its because you post Zelda suck threads in a board thats technically a Shiek board.
We actually LIKE Pichu here. -_-'

BTW, Zelda doesnt suck ;).

Razed

Smash Ace
Pichu, compared to almost all the other characters, sucks completely. It's almost useless to main him unless you love the character for some odd reason

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
Pichu, compared to almost all the other characters, sucks completely. It's almost useless to main him unless you love the character for some odd reason
So what your saying is, you HAVE to use top/high Tier characters to be useful? Thats crazy, not to mention stupid. That would be like having every single person main Fox. :urg:
The way I see it, Maining Pichu has some good in it. Like being able to rub it in peoples faces once they loose to Pichu. :laugh:

Smash Master
So you admit that using Pichu puts yourself at a distinct disadvantage. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to rub it in people's faces after winning. And yes, using amazing tier characters is more useful in tournaments than using suck tier characters.

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
So you admit that using Pichu puts yourself at a distinct disadvantage. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to rub it in people's faces after winning. And yes, using amazing tier characters is more useful in tournaments than using suck tier characters.
But Pichu isnt that useless. I simply said that you can rub it in their faces. I never said he was that bad. His just underrated. IF he was useless then he wouldnt be in the game or would simply have no attacks at all. :dizzy: Wait, no im confusing myself.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
he's sneaky, like a cheetah. anyways, i love beating people with pichu, it's depressing for them. aside from the fact that he damages himself, he's nasty at getting items cuz he's so quick and has some decent airial game. i dont use him unless its an ffa items match tho. i have no idea about the hadicap phenomena you speak of.

Smash Master
Doesn't Pichu throw items rather slowly? I'd rather just use Fox for item battles. He's better than Bowser, though, I guess.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So, as the new mod of this room, I make it my pleasure to close this mean thread about my favorite small yellow rat.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
If pichu is the maybe one of the worst characters in the game, then wouldnt maining him and being good and actually winning with him make you really, extremly good at the game?

AS Money

Smash Lord
then have it closed by someone who can i agree though this is a mean thread i used to play pichu for fun hes not that bad but compaired to everyone eles he is just too comboable

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I wonder what would happen if I went to the fox boards and said He sucked, because he was too heavy, his lasers don't stun, he can be chainthrown to death my Mario/Doc (both middle tier characters), and his recovery is too predictable... It's the same thing, a stupid and untrue thread. By going over Pichu's flaws, you ignore the fact that all characters have flaws. You get bogged down with the Tier List, which is only the way it is because people got really good with fox/Shiek/Marth, and thus everyone else jumped on the bandwagon.

Oh, and about being able to rub people's faces in losing to Pichu: It isn't admitting that YOU consider Pichu to be bad, you are making fun of OTHER people who were telling you how much Pichu sux before they play you :)

And about Pichu damaging itself..."ZOMG, I was dealt 1-4 damage, I dealt a lot more to him...that is sooo bad" wait no, it isn't....because he gets more damaged.

It takes real men/women to play middle tier and lower...who is more awesome, someone who outplays you when he is marth, or when he is Mewtwo/Pichu/Ness? I often get "I lost because [insert upper/high tier character here] is too cheap," so isn't it better to crush with a middle/low/bottom tier? it removes their attempts to lessen your skillz.

I say we turn it into abuse Goateeguy. Who do u main. Just because people main a underdevleoped character does not mean it sucks. Also ur the one to be talking with 13 posts there buddy
I cannot tell you how ignorent you made yourself look.The bottom line is that Pichu does suck(Yes,him being underdeveloped is just putting candy coating on it).And the whole"ZOMG your post r low n00b!!1" mentality is ignorence in itself.

If pichu is the maybe one of the worst characters in the game, then wouldnt maining him and being good and actually winning with him make you really, extremly good at the game?
There is a certain point in the game in which your skill with a character meets it's limits,then the priority of the character takes over,and Pichu really doesn't have much going for him.

Mostly his awful range and weight,weak attacks,and his kill moves aren't that great(His U-smash is decent though).

I wonder what would happen if I went to the fox boards and said He sucked, because he was too heavy, his lasers don't stun, he can be chainthrown to death my Mario/Doc (both middle tier characters), and his recovery is too predictable... It's the same thing, a stupid and untrue thread. By going over Pichu's flaws, you ignore the fact that all characters have flaws. You get bogged down with the Tier List, which is only the way it is because people got really good with fox/Shiek/Marth, and thus everyone else jumped on the bandwagon.
People don't pick their characters based on Tiers,for it only reflects THE CURRENT CHARACTER POPULARITY BASED ON TOURNAMENTS!!!(even though it does reflect some of the characters weak points,but very minor)Pichu's weaknesses are facts.

The whole Fox weakness subject isn't true,because almost every character can CG a fast faller(DI must be considered as well).Doc/Mario have a very hard time against a Fox because of his low prioity kill moves,and a Fox can U-smash a Mario and kill him at around 90% on FD.Your only stating facts base on common knowledge.

And if you believe this isn't true...go to a tourny and see how well you fair then

Oh, and about being able to rub people's faces in losing to Pichu: It isn't admitting that YOU consider Pichu to be bad, you are making fun of OTHER people who were telling you how much Pichu sux before they play you :)

And about Pichu damaging itself..."ZOMG, I was dealt 1-4 damage, I dealt a lot more to him...that is sooo bad" wait no, it isn't....because he gets more damaged.
Pichu's attacks don't deal alot of damage...Pichu has to work for his kills.

It takes real men/women to play middle tier and lower...who is more awesome, someone who outplays you when he is marth, or when he is Mewtwo/Pichu/Ness? I often get "I lost because [insert upper/high tier character here] is too cheap," so isn't it better to crush with a middle/low/bottom tier? it removes their attempts to lessen your skillz.
I don't need to say anything about this.That is the biggest example of noob mentality ever.

Playing a low tier character doesn't make you have balls,it only means you are playing with a character you like and/or good with,likewise with high tiers...

To be honest,i really doubt you even know what you are talking about...

You=Fail

St. Viers

Smash Champion
The whole Fox weakness subject isn't true,because almost every character can CG a fast faller(DI must be considered as well).Doc/Mario have a very hard time against a Fox because of his low prioity kill moves,and a Fox can U-smash a Mario and kill him at around 90% on FD.Your only stating facts base on common knowledge.

And if you believe this isn't true...go to a tourny and see how well you fair then

Pichu's attacks don't deal alot of damage...Pichu has to work for his kills.

I don't need to say anything about this.That is the biggest example of noob mentality ever.

Playing a low tier character doesn't make you have balls,it only means you are playing with a character you like and/or good with,likewise with high tiers...

To be honest,i really doubt you even know what you are talking about...

You=Fail
1. I know that fox doesn't suck...that was the reaction I was expecting though...you can talk trash about other "worse" characters, but you don't like it when someone insults a character you like. Obviously the people who play Pichu know his faults, they are just as "common knowledge" as fox's. You have your reason for loving Fox, and they have their reasons for liking Pichu...

2. I know I'd get trashed at tournies...but even then, there are tons of people who use Marth, Fox and all the top tier people and still suck. They picked them up becasue they see/hear that they are "High Tier."

3. I never said Pichus attacks did lots of damage...I said that they deal more damage than you take, unless B only deals 1 damage to the enemy... I know Pichu has to work hard to get kills...again, that says something for the people who main Pichu, right.

4. If low tier plays are "teh sux" then yes it does "take balls" to try and play them competitively. And also, there are lots of people who play high tier characters and suck with them, but use them because they are high tier. Oh, and this was supposed to be slightly joking anyhow...

5. I may not be obssessed about Smash, but I think I know a bit about people's mentality and I am a good observer. I think you missed the point of my post. I'm not saying Pichu is better than Fox...I'm saying that bashing Pichu is just as stupid and timewasting than bashing fox...both have weaknesses, and if you obsess over weaknesses than you ignore the good points of the character. For example, think: I know I've heard people blame the character they were playing against when they lose. Can you honestly say you've never heard this? If so you should play more.

You can insult my smash skills all you want: I know I'm not that good yet. But you haven't been able to see the point of my argument or catch me on any logical flaws, only misunderstandings/misinterpretations. Try thinking before you post

I=not competing, so how can I win or lose.

1. I know that fox doesn't suck...that was the reaction I was expecting though...you can talk trash about other "worse" characters, but you don't like it when someone insults a character you like. Obviously the people who play Pichu know his faults, they are just as "common knowledge" as fox's. You have your reason for loving Fox, and they have their reasons for liking Pichu...
I've never"insulted"the character for say,i'm only stating what is true.Sure,alot of people pick characters because of specific advantages over another character(Ever play a shiek before?),but a majority of people play with a character because they like them(Hence would be the only reason to pick him).I've never trashed talked a character because i don't like them...that is idiotic.

2. I know I'd get trashed at tournies...but even then, there are tons of people who use Marth, Fox and all the top tier people and still suck. They picked them up becasue they see/hear that they are "High Tier."
If you understood the tournament community alittle more,you would understand that there is more to picking up a character other than tiers.Tiers only represent what characters are being used th most in the tournament community.It's common that a person would pick a character based on tiers,but those are the people we call"noobs".Sure i play Marth(Fox occasionally)..but i also play Mario,just because i like those characters.

3. I never said Pichus attacks did lots of damage...I said that they deal more damage than you take, unless B only deals 1 damage to the enemy... I know Pichu has to work hard to get kills...again, that says something for the people who main Pichu, right.
I've tried to play a Pichu against a shiek once....it was very difficult to inflict damage.Also wth the projectiles,it made almost all of Pichu's good points completely negated.The truth is,the positive/negative points of a character all come from their standard match ups,and it's simple...Pichu really doesn't have any good match ups(The only gained advantage would be skill).Pichu recieves bad rep because he doesn't do well in matches.

4. If low tier plays are "teh sux" then yes it does "take balls" to try and play them competitively. And also, there are lots of people who play high tier characters and suck with them, but use them because they are high tier. Oh, and this was supposed to be slightly joking anyhow...
Your far from the truth...Poeple shouldn't be playing a character because it would make them honorable,and playing a low tier doesn't,it just means you like the character,and doesn't make you better than those who pick high tier charaters...

5. I may not be obssessed about Smash, but I think I know a bit about people's mentality and I am a good observer. I think you missed the point of my post. I'm not saying Pichu is better than Fox...I'm saying that bashing Pichu is just as stupid and timewasting than bashing fox...both have weaknesses, and if you obsess over weaknesses than you ignore the good points of the character. For example, think: I know I've heard people blame the character they were playing against when they lose. Can you honestly say you've never heard this? If so you should play more.
I'm not bashing anyone...all of Fox's abilities overhaul over Pichu's.Sure it's negative,but you can't dodge the truth.I've hear this before,but a majority of it is true.

BTW,i do play this game alot,preety much everyday.If i don't have an opponent,i tech skill practice.

You can insult my smash skills all you want: I know I'm not that good yet. But you haven't been able to see the point of my argument or catch me on any logical flaws, only misunderstandings/misinterpretations. Try thinking before you post

I=not competing, so how can I win or lose.
1.I thought before i posted anything i said.

2.Maybe you should quote yourself and think...You claim that you don't know alot of the competative commuity,then don't act ike you do....Don't assume that have no knowledge in what i'm talking about.

St. Veirs=good post
eternal pheonix fire=pwned
Why don't you quit being an idiot and stop spamming?

Hey, buddy, who's your main? I'd take you with any bottom tier character if I was in travel range. (P.S. Don't judge my amount of posts, I'm new here AND to the game, but I have school.)

Sure buddy.....whatever..

I hope you don't think that you can beat me because you know advanced techs(If you know any that is because you said that you are new).

You can't win with just techs bud.

=/

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
Pichu really doesn't have any good match ups
Yeah, thats true. The only good high/top tier match-up Pichu has is against Jiggz.

EDIT: Let me rephrase that... good = Has a chance.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I've never"insulted"the character for say,i'm only stating what is true.Sure,alot of people pick characters because of specific advantages over another character(Ever play a shiek before?),but a majority of people play with a character because they like them(Hence would be the only reason to pick him).I've never trashed talked a character because i don't like them...that is idiotic.

If you understood the tournament community alittle more,you would understand that there is more to picking up a character other than tiers.Tiers only represent what characters are being used th most in the tournament community.It's common that a person would pick a character based on tiers,but those are the people we call"noobs".Sure i play Marth(Fox occasionally)..but i also play Mario,just because i like those characters.

I've tried to play a Pichu against a shiek once....it was very difficult to inflict damage.Also wth the projectiles,it made almost all of Pichu's good points completely negated.The truth is,the positive/negative points of a character all come from their standard match ups,and it's simple...Pichu really doesn't have any good match ups(The only gained advantage would be skill).Pichu recieves bad rep because he doesn't do well in matches.

Your far from the truth...Poeple shouldn't be playing a character because it would make them honorable,and playing a low tier doesn't,it just means you like the character,and doesn't make you better than those who pick high tier charaters...

I'm not bashing anyone...all of Fox's abilities overhaul over Pichu's.Sure it's negative,but you can't dodge the truth.I've hear this before,but a majority of it is true.

BTW,i do play this game alot,preety much everyday.If i don't have an opponent,i tech skill practice.

1.I thought before i posted anything i said.

2.Maybe you should quote yourself and think...You claim that you don't know alot of the competative commuity,then don't act ike you do....Don't assume that have no knowledge in what i'm talking about.
1. You are posting in a bash pichu thread, bashing Pichu (albeit in a very factual manner)... I think that counts as insulting a character :)

2.Isn't it who wins tournies, not what people show up as? Anywho, I know I need to get to more events, unfortunately Boston/Massachusetts is a very not to eventful Smash community. And people may pick the "characters they like," but if they have heard of the tier list, this is going to effect the choice.. I being a n00b, had never even heard of Smashboards when I started playing, and thus main Doc, and often use Mewtwo and Kirby...if I had "known" Fox and Marth and all were "better," then I'm pretty sure I would have began with one of those. Which is why I know am learning how to use them...I still prefer Doc, however, and have no trouble beating the people I play when I bring my Cube into college after my classes--some of them aren't n00bs, and most of them use Fox and Sheik....

You are neglecting psychology, an area that I have a decent base of knowledge in :)

3."The only gained advantage would be skill" this seems to indicate that to good with Pichu requires skill, and thus, IMO peopel who win with lower tier characters deserve more props than those who win with high tier.

4. I never said people should play a low tier character because they look better when winning...I think that is as stupid as trying to learn a higher tier character just because "they are better" Again we seem to agree

5. I never use Pichu against anyone but the AI and my brother (who 'mains' Sheik) Although I get pwned alot of the time, I can still do well sometimes...If I bothered really learning Pichu, who knows...? And I never say Pichu does well fighting all the time...in fact I think I agreed with you there.

6. I never said that Fox didn't have advantages over Pichu...but on the level that most people play at, these don't really matter, it is only when really good people play that these flaws start being important.

7. And yes, you are bashing Pichu: even if Pichu does "suck," there is no reason to make a BS thread saying this, it is a waste of time and space, as well as a waste of time in lives of the people reading it.

8. I play as much as possible...like you, I practice technique when I have no one to play with--I just refuse to call myself good until I play enough to know...

9. I think before I post. I don't know about the specifics of melee tournies, but I do know about the human thought process and things like that, and I have played enough Smash to notice the things like hordes of people using characters because of their tier ranking:

**despite how I write, I don't look down at you...I just think that you can't distance yourself and your arguments, so you miss things that you would by taking a step back and thinking.

also, if you stop trying to one up me, and focus more on what I mean when I type something, this will be a much less hostile debate

1. You are posting in a bash pichu thread, bashing Pichu (albeit in a very factual manner)... I think that counts as insulting a character :)

2.Isn't it who wins tournies, not what people show up as? Anywho, I know I need to get to more events, unfortunately Boston/Massachusetts is a very not to eventful Smash community. And people may pick the "characters they like," but if they have heard of the tier list, this is going to effect the choice.. I being a n00b, had never even heard of Smashboards when I started playing, and thus main Doc, and often use Mewtwo and Kirby...if I had "known" Fox and Marth and all were "better," then I'm pretty sure I would have began with one of those. Which is why I know am learning how to use them...I still prefer Doc, however, and have no trouble beating the people I play when I bring my Cube into college after my classes--some of them aren't n00bs, and most of them use Fox and Sheik....

You are neglecting psychology, an area that I have a decent base of knowledge in :)

3."The only gained advantage would be skill" this seems to indicate that to good with Pichu requires skill, and thus, IMO peopel who win with lower tier characters deserve more props than those who win with high tier.

4. I never said people should play a low tier character because they look better when winning...I think that is as stupid as trying to learn a higher tier character just because "they are better" Again we seem to agree

5. I never use Pichu against anyone but the AI and my brother (who 'mains' Sheik) Although I get pwned alot of the time, I can still do well sometimes...If I bothered really learning Pichu, who knows...? And I never say Pichu does well fighting all the time...in fact I think I agreed with you there.

6. I never said that Fox didn't have advantages over Pichu...but on the level that most people play at, these don't really matter, it is only when really good people play that these flaws start being important.

7. And yes, you are bashing Pichu: even if Pichu does "suck," there is no reason to make a BS thread saying this, it is a waste of time and space, as well as a waste of time in lives of the people reading it.

8. I play as much as possible...like you, I practice technique when I have no one to play with--I just refuse to call myself good until I play enough to know...

9. I think before I post. I don't know about the specifics of melee tournies, but I do know about the human thought process and things like that, and I have played enough Smash to notice the things like hordes of people using characters because of their tier ranking:

**despite how I write, I don't look down at you...I just think that you can't distance yourself and your arguments, so you miss things that you would by taking a step back and thinking.

also, if you stop trying to one up me, and focus more on what I mean when I type something, this will be a much less hostile debate
True.And the one thing i am trying to avoid is a hostile debate.

Even though i'm in a Pichu bashing topic,i'm not trying to bash,which would technically mean i'm off topic... M I RITE? Lol...*kidding*

And yes,the creator of this topic is an idiot.:lick:

Super_Smash_Brother

Smash Apprentice
I challenge anyone on Cape Breton Island!
By "buddy" I meant topic creator. (S)He obviously isn't skilled enough to use the characters so (S)he blames the characters themselves. I can barely wavedash and I don't bother to tech, I'm saying with the way (s)he's going on (S)he's making him/herself look worse than me.

_clinton

Smash Master
Last time I check the TC made this just to make fun of the Pichu Fan Boys but oh well. That is what I guess at when I first looked at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom