• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu: Playable? Pokeball? Assist Trophy? Or just gone?

McD

Smash Journeyman
All right, so from the way things are going, pretty good chance Pichu is not returning as a playable character.
I died a little inside when I heard Pikachu was wearing Pichu's sexy little goggles...
But, even so, I would LOVE to see Pichu back.

So my question to you is, If Pichu is to come back, what will he be, what will he do, and will it have a major effect. Or will it be like really uncool, and everyone will stay away. I dunno, but what effect do you think it will have?

Maybe something like Parylize?
There is allready sleep powder, but maybe Parylize could eliminate a smash attack for a little bit!

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html
There is the video of Pikachu wearing Pichu's Goggles (A terrible thing indeed)
It is the Island Defino Video

T0MMY

Smash Master
If Pichu does make it back as a playable character...
all you will be able to do is taunt.

And taunting will cause damage to yourself.

McD

Smash Journeyman
Eh T0mmy... since your like the only person to respond to this, I have a question for you :)

Do you have a character you want to try first for brawl?
(just curious, and the thread is still around, so why not...)

PeeP

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to be rude, but this really should be in the brawl character discussion

And yes i do want pichu back maybe we should bribe nintendo.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Eh T0mmy... since your like the only person to respond to this, I have a question for you :)

Do you have a character you want to try first for brawl?
(just curious, and the thread is still around, so why not...)
I've already played Brawl.

I don't want to be rude, but this really should be in the brawl character discussion

And yes i do want pichu back maybe we should bribe nintendo.
No, it shouldn't be in the Brawl section, because Pichu isn't in Brawl. Duh.

McD

Smash Journeyman
I've already played Brawl.

No, it shouldn't be in the Brawl section, because Pichu isn't in Brawl. Duh.
Actualy, I was watching a video, and in the background
I heard "Timmy and Tommy!"
I was like, ehhh

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Playable. If anyone should leave I would choose the doc and falco.

And for the love of god NO POKEMON WILL BE AN AT!!!!!!!!!! THAT WOULD ELIMINATE THE PURPOSE OF POKEBALLS.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pichu evolved into a Pikachu...Why do you think the Pikachu in Brawl is wearing goggls?

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
ok, i can see Doc leaving (my secondary :( ) since Mario has been seen with Doc's Fair, but (like what Cinder said) Pichu>FALCO!!! really now? the only way i see Falco leaving is if Wolf replaces him, which i dont think he wont.
oh n T0MMY: u lucky b*stard...i wanted to go to E For All, but i had school that day *cires* how was it BTW?

Cinder

Smash Master
ok, i can see Doc leaving (my secondary :( ) since Mario has been seen with Doc's Fair, but (like what Cinder said) Pichu>FALCO!!! really now? the only way i see Falco leaving is if Wolf replaces him, which i dont think he wont.
oh n T0MMY: u lucky b*stard...i wanted to go to E For All, but i had school that day *cires* how was it BTW?
I think Falco could stay even IF Wolf comes in...we could have four Starfox reps: Fox, Falco, Krystal (high chance;)), and Wolf...

Oh, and, as for the E 4 All...at least you live in the area-__-...I live the teh boonies near Richmond, VIRGINIA (Goochland..):urg:

NukeA6

Smash Master
I don't think Pichu is worthy of even being in a pokeball. He can just be a trophy.

Loowis

Smash Rookie
Pichu is generally if not technically identical to Pikachu. I honestly don't see the point in waisting time on Pichu. Put him as a costume and focus their time on someother badass character: LIKE JIGGLYPUFF!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
pichu would never be an AT. I'll bet it just won't be in the game, but pokemon will never be ATs, they've got their own categories as pokeballs

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
Making a previously playable character an AT or pokeball is rather degrading, IMO. I say out of the game altogether, as much as I love Pichu.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Playable. If anyone should leave I would choose the doc and falco.

And for the love of god NO POKEMON WILL BE AN AT!!!!!!!!!! THAT WOULD ELIMINATE THE PURPOSE OF POKEBALLS.
So, you're saying that you would take a miniature electric gerbil with an unnatural death wish over a murdersome blue jay who makes death for a living? Just to be clear.
Good call on the AT thing, though. Doesn't make any sense for a Poke to be an AT, when the purpose of AT's were to summon Nintendo characters in the exact same way you'd summon a Pokemon from a Pokeball.

Pichu evolved into a Pikachu...Why do you think the Pikachu in Brawl is wearing goggls?
I believe you're mistaken. Pichu died in a gutter from self-inflicted electrical burns, and his benevolant elder cousin merely assimilated the only worthwhile part of of Pichu; his goggles.

Pokeballed or out.
Out please.

Then again, we've never seen a Pokemon come out of a Pokeball and hurt itself before. That could be rather entertaining. However, making Pichu into a useful Pokeball Pokemon strikes me as denial.

Anyhow, that's my two rupees.

Andy

T0MMY

Smash Master
I believe you're mistaken. Pichu died in a gutter from self-inflicted electrical burns, and his benevolant elder cousin merely assimilated the only worthwhile part of of Pichu; his goggles.
[/COLOR][/FONT]
No, it is confirmed by the mod who moved this thread to the Brawl section that Pichu evolved into Pikachu. The Pichu from Melee is the new Pikachu, the goggles confirm it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Pichu shouldn't be in the game at all. Along with the other clones of it.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Maybe back as playable, but i'm just sure he will not be used.

Something tells me that if Pichu returns, most of people will enjoy using that Pokémon as a sandbag.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Exactly. How else do you explain Pikachu learning volt tackle, learning Pichu's taunts and even imitating some of his knockback techniques?
Which puts Pichu's chances to zero. I should just say DECONFIRMED!!!

Chepe

Smash Lord
I personally believe Pichu should be the only Pokemon that appears from an Assist Trophy instead of a Pokeball.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Playable - No
Pokeball - Maybe
Assist Trophy - Pichu is a Pokemon, so he will come from a Pokeball.
Gone - If not in Pokeball, entirely gone. (Unless it's a Trophy. Then it'll just be a Trophy)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I say lump all of the removed characters into one Assist Trophy. Like, have Dr. Mario and Falco stun people with their projectiles while Roy and Pichu take people out with their forward smashes or something.

Or they could say that Pichu, tired of being made fun of, evolved and then quickly evolved again to best Pikachu but, since it's a ghetto Raichu like Lt. Surge's in the anime, it's all slow and stuff.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
No, it is confirmed by the mod who moved this thread to the Brawl section that Pichu evolved into Pikachu. The Pichu from Melee is the new Pikachu, the goggles confirm it.
No offense, but that is the most ridiculous logic I've ever heard in my life. The goggles confirm one thing; Pikachu likes to wear goggles. Sure, maybe Sakurai will try and play the whole evolution route. Or maybe Pika just got fashion tips from his mentally challenged cousin. Or maybe my previous explaination. And unless they're citing in-game footage showing Pichu evolving into Pika or a press release by Nintendo, then the Mods don't know anything more than the rest of us.

Exactly. How else do you explain Pikachu learning volt tackle, learning Pichu's taunts and even imitating some of his knockback techniques?
How do I explain Volt Tackle? Sakurai wanted to pick a move which was powerful enough to be a Final Smash, and knew most of us wouldn't care about the inconsistency. Also, Pikachu in the Smash Bros. series has often been influenced by the anime, in which I'm fairly certain Pikachu learns Volt Tackle as a Pikachu.
How do I explain him knowing Pichu's taunts? I'll answer that with a question; how do you explain him knowing Pikachu's taunts? Sakurai liked them, and since Pichu clearly isn't returning as a playable character, he didn't want to toss them out completely.
How do I explain his knockback techniques (or any other play-style similarities, for that matter)? Pichu isn't returning. As much as I hate him, he had some strengths which could be encorporated into Pikachu. Also, since Sakurai isn't an idiot, he knew this too. So he made it happen.

There doesn't need to be an in-continuity explanation for differences in the way the characters perform. Did we get an explination in Melee for how Pika's quick attack suddenly did damage or he knew Skull Bash (correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think he learned that one in the Pokemon games) in Melee? No. Did we get an explanation for why Fox's blaster no longer stunned folks in Melee? No. How about why Luigi suddenly turns into a rocket? Still no. Why? Because it's a sequel and such changes in the characters are the inevitable product of consumer feedback and technological advancement, not to mention the spirit of making a better game.

Explanations like Pichu evolving into Pikachu (unless confirmed by Nintendo themselves) are made up by fans to force continuity to a world which was never intended to have a high degree of continuity. And there's nothing wrong with that. As long as you acknowledge that it's your personal explaination, and don't get in other people's grills for coming up with their own.

Sorry, that rant was a bit off topic, but I'm fairly certain it isn't enough to single-handedly destroy the boards.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I would love to see Pichu playable, and at this point, with likely Pokemon like Gardevoir and Meowth confirmed as not playable, I think his chances are rising. Even with Pikachu taking his goggles. Pichu'd also be great as he's unique in the whole hurt himself thing. Pichu for Brawl!

If he's not playable, I'd assume he'd either appear in the background of Pokemon Stadium 2's Electric stage or as a Poke Ball Pokemon.

The Red M

Smash Apprentice
???

Can Pichu even really do anything different than Pikachu? In melee Pichu was a clone, which means he had all the same moves but he had a few little side effects. Playable? Never! He is not worth that. Pokéball? Even that seems highly unlikely. Whats he gonna do thats any different than Pikachu? Assist Trophy? HELL NO! Hes not that important! Trophy? Most likely! Sakurai might wanna try to let smashers remember Pichus former glory and just for kicks he would give him a trophy. Gone for Good? Not sure. Likely but not quite.

Top Bottom