• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oh, didn't notice it Pierre. To answer it honestly, I've been told I have an ambiguous style and don't play differently varying upon my role.

And, this is a change, I got *****ed at left and right for wagon opening in FF. Now you like it? Well, as you'd know, I'm always for a good wagon.

Vote: Riddle

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Well, the discussion might seem null, but it most definitely isn't getting us nowhere.

I've played in a lot of games off of Smashboards, but that doesn't change the truth in what you said about scum-hunting and picking out things.

And what about you, Cacti? What can you add right now? As Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. would put it, "No sittin' at the table if you bringin' nothin' to it / and I get straight to it like it's nothin' to it."
I'm not saying it's getting us nowhere, I'm saying that it's mostly grasping straws. I'm not saying it's bad, as something might emerge out of it to allude to someone being scum.

As a side note, I find Riddle's post that Marshy brought up strange. The discussion is not bad, and it might get us somewhere. Could he be trying to stop discussion?

FoS: Riddle

About the scumslips argument you have, I think that Macman saying his scumslips would be detrimental to town, as if he is scum, he can just avoid these scumslips as they are already out, or lie about them. If he is town, he will still want to avoid the scumslips, and it will lead us to think he is lying about them. What I'm saying is that him doing this will lead to some bad WIFOMing.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

VOTE COUNT

Mentosman8 [1] : Gheb
Pierre [1] : Macman
KevinM [1] : Pierre
Riddle [2] : Marshy, Chaco

Not voting: Cacti, XACE-K, Sinz, SwordsRbroken, Riddle, Mentosman8, The_Truth, KevinM

Deadline is the last second of November 8th. It take 7/13 to lynch

Chaco

Never Logs In
Band-wagoning without a legit reason? Seems like a reason for suspicion if you ask me.
Seems I always have to explain BWing. . .wagoning is not always wagoning for a lynch. The sooner you understand that the better. See, the way you responded to that wagon interests me. You're trying to cast suspicion on a known tactic. An attempt to undermine it?

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
omg and wtf are pretty standard internet acronyms, but WIFOM is mafia-specific so why didn't you actually define it?

WIFOM - Wine In Front Of Me

Refers to a scene in the Princess Bride where guy is given a choice of drinking the wine in front of him, or the wine in front of the other guy. The caveat is that one of the glasses is poisoned. The idea is that the hero chooses the glass in front of the other guy, since the villain is trying to poison him. However, since the villain knows that he would know that, he would put the poison in front of himself instead. However, since the hero knows that the villain knows what he knows, he might pick the one in front of him anyway, etc.

So if you see someone using WIFOM, it basically means that they're talking about what the mafia may or may not do, and what would or wouldn't be a good idea for them. If we know something would be bad for a mafia player to do, we'll be on the lookout for that kind of behavior. However, since the mafia knows this, they can get away with some of this behavior, and claim that the mafia would never do that because it gives them away, etc.

It has many application, you'll see it brought up many times over the course of the game I'm sure.
There's an explanation.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
chaco, marshy already asked this; thoughts on pierre/my exchange?

same for you T_T, and who were you referring to in your post about bwing without a legit reason?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
you even paying attention? The much bigger chunk of the conversation was about my scummeta/scummetas in general

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
same for you T_T, and who were you referring to in your post about bwing without a legit reason?
Everyone who voted for Riddle after Marshy did but I now see how hectic 1st days are. T_T I'm still holding off on a vote for now...

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yes, I read it. Still think it was a waste of time, other than getting good reads off of the two of you.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
As a side note, I find Riddle's post that Marshy brought up strange. The discussion is not bad, and it might get us somewhere. Could he be trying to stop discussion?
Was my reason.

FoS: Chaco for saying that the pierre/macman argument is only about gifs and is worthless.

Chaco

Never Logs In
If you got good reads off them, then how was it a waste of time?
Because it makes them the main focuses. Any further pushing of my opinion?

FoS on an opinion? Re-evaluate.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean scumbuddies? Are you joking about ronike's mafia or something? As for joke voting, we just started day one, there really isn't any other option. (not one that i can think of anyway)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
What do you mean scumbuddies? Are you joking about ronike's mafia or something? As for joke voting, we just started day one, there really isn't any other option. (not one that i can think of anyway)
Lol Swords, this entire game so far has shown an alternative to joke voting.

Also, I know it's been said, but Chaco's post is terrible. If something helps you get reads on people, it is inherently not worthless.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
FoS = Finger of Suspicion. Basically who is on your scumlist, who you think may be scum.
You're on my cool list.
Only like the 1st vote or 2 were jokes >_>

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm going to be thoroughly sick of PW gifs by the end of this.

Anyways, I've warned all the mods of my current games. Might as well, tell the players. The upcoming weeks, I will be struggling to get online and post consistently. So you're going to have to cut me some slack with being as active as I normally am.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Didn't know until yesterday, after Jungle has offered me the spot. I've already got him and Rockin on guard in case the worst is necessary.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Everyone who voted for Riddle after Marshy did but I now see how hectic 1st days are. T_T I'm still holding off on a vote for now...
At that point in time, "everyone who voted for Riddle after Marshy did" was simply Chaco. Not an "everyone," or a group, but a single person. Not hectic.

FoS: Chaco for saying that the pierre/macman argument is only about gifs and is worthless.
What are you forced to think, then, when you vote one player, but FoS another player who is also voting the player you are voting? Do those connections affect each other?

As for joke voting, we just started day one, there really isn't any other option. (not one that i can think of anyway)
No. Not acceptable. Read the thread and post actual opinions apart from simply what Marshy asked you.

@Chaco: if you think you cannot play, ask for a replacement, and nobody will be offended or feel any differently towards you.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Lol Swords, this entire game so far has shown an alternative to joke voting.

Also, I know it's been said, but Chaco's post is terrible. If something helps you get reads on people, it is inherently not worthless.
Yeah, lol, my dumb browser decides not to show the other pages until after i post. xD

As for the Macman/Pierre thing, i don't think it was useless at all. I mean sure, what started it was kind of pointless, but something that helps you to get a read on someone is never useless.

BTW, kevin hasn't posted yet, so i'm going to Vote: Kevin

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, I'll try for a few days and see what it's going to be like. I've got Rockin keeping up, so no worries.

Riddle

Smash Lord

FoS: Riddle
And this is his reaction to it after he sees that other people don't like it.

He later joins the bandwagon and votes me. This seems suspicious to me. Cacti decides that his original post was scummy and to try to cover his tracks by voting me because of the same post that he agreed with.

Vote:Cacti

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
This is the post that Marshy brought up.

This is Cacti's initial reaction to it.

And this is his reaction to it after he sees that other people don't like it.

He later joins the bandwagon and votes me. This seems suspicious to me. Cacti decides that his original post was scummy and to try to cover his tracks by voting me because of the same post that he agreed with.

Vote:Cacti

I agree with you on this one. Vote: Cacti

Top Bottom