• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Interesting concept, Omni. I'll re-read a couple of posts to see what I can fin then.

:059:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

Alo. I am Olga. I bring you bowl of borscht ya!

Olga sets down bowls of borscht. Next to each bowl is a napkin with writing on it

*Examine: Napkin*

SOMETHINGS WRITTEN THERE! IT'S....

VOTE COUNT

SwordsRbroken [3] : Cacti, Rockin, Mentosman8
The Truth [4] : Gheb_01, Pierre the Scarecrow, SwordsRbroken, Macman
Cacti [1] : Riddle
Rockin [1] : KevinM
Mentosman8 [2] : Marshy, Omni
KevinM [1] : Sinz
Macman [1] : The Truth

deadline is the last minute of 11/8. Takes 7/13 to lynch!

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Don't mind me asking, but if the deadline is reached, and there's only 5/13 votes on person a. But he has the most votes on him, does that mean that he is lynched, or is it a no-lynch?

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Ok. I've done some research, and Macman appears to do the s*** he does in every game and he usually somehow ends up town XD. So I'm gonna go ahead and unvote and list you as neutral for now.

And to answer his question about mentos, I still don't know how to feel about him. Because in other games he participates in he's usually active and adds to the discussion, yet for some reason he refuses to jump into the discussion here, which makes me a little uneasy about voting for him as I can't make heads or tails of his alignment. I can see why people want him dead though.

Here's another thought. We have 13 people in this game. A game with this number of people is likely to have 10 townies and 3 mafia, or 9 townies, 1 indy, and 3 mafia. With me currently at L/4, if I and everyone who has their vote on me right now is town, then the 3 mafia can choose to triple vote hammer me anytime they please and get this day over with. Since this hasn't happened yet, then one, two, or three of us are probably scum. Or maybe the mafia is doing a dam good job at staying under the radar. If the former is the case, then I, Gheb, Pierre, Macman, and Swords are all suspects. However, it's unlikely for mafia to vote mafia unless in extreme WIFOM cases. Take a look at Chaco in the newbie #1 mafia game where he hammers his scumbuddy then roleblocks the cop when they were in a mylo situation, which was one of the ballsiest moves I've ever seen in a mafia game. However this game has yet to reach a situation that extreme, so there would be no reason for mafia to vote mafia. So the possibilities we have are:
1) I'm town, and Gheb, Pierre, Swords, and Mac are all town as well. Probably the least likely, since the mafia would be using their 3 votes by now to pile them up on me then eventually put the final nail in my coffin...unless they're waiting for the perfect time to pull it off.
2) I'm town, and out of the 4 people voting for me, a few of them are mafia.
3) I'm mafia, and my 4 voters are all town. If this were the case, who are my other 2 scumbuddies? Maybe 2 of the 3 people voting for Swords are my partners in crime and are attempting to take some of the pressure off of me? But wait, Rockin doesn't like me and wants to see me lynched so that rules him out. So Cacti and mentos maybe? How about Marshy and Omni? Riddle and Kevin are unlikely as I've already shown my distaste for them, and Kevin hates me. And Sinz is.....Sinz. These are just my thoughts...take them as you will.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
vote: mentos though
likin him over truth right now, still wud be happy with either one though

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
With me currently at L/4, if I and everyone who has their vote on me right now is town, then the 3 mafia can choose to triple vote hammer me anytime they please and get this day over with. Since this hasn't happened yet, then one, two, or three of us are probably scum.
I see where you're getting at, but it's not that cut and dry, Truth. The only time scum should ever quick lynch is if the game was in mylo or lylo. A scummy team of 3 that quicklynched on the first day before the deadline would be godsend for town.

I'm basically saying what Macman is saying. Events and situations never have a definite given set of scenarios that give us any kind of helpful information. Your 3 points just outline "what could be" if we "take this into consideration" given that "this situation is made like this".

Change your thought process. Don't assume information like the number of scum and indies if it isn't given. Your vote could be easily manipulated if you continue to think like that.

Omni

BRoomer
@ Truth: This post was my opener to a previous Mafia game I was in. The idea was to fool people into thinking that I put a lot of thought into who was scum by summing up scenarios with numbers and probabilities. Pierre and a few others quickly dismissed it as unhelpful.

Both of our posts are a bit similar. Mind you, I was scum in this game. What do you (Truth) think about this comparison?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol Mac, you get more confident in my lynch as I start to rectify the main problem you had with me? Yeah, I was inactive, wasn't keeping up as well as I'd have liked with a couple games approaching/in endgame during the early part of this game, and I can understand your argument earlier, but now that I am getting more active and talking about the game, you now like me as a lynch more than Truth? Sliding through D1 doesn't always mean scum, and I know you know that. Why don't we worry about people who have actually done things scummier instead of focusing on me for a problem that is being rectified?

Also, I believe it was Gheb who asked why I don't think the argument between Cacti and Swords was TvT, and quite simply it's just the vibe I got while re-reading. The focus they have on eachother, the way they acted, it does not feel like two townies arguing. On top of that, a good portion of the day was spent talking about them, and I think our biggest amount of information comes from a lynch from those two.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Riddle, whose the play for today? It doesn't look like Cacti is gonna get lynched anytime soon.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Same with Kevin.
Unvote: Kevin
I still stand by my theory of Kevin and Cacti, it just isn't getting any support. I guess when you look at it, I could be grasping at air.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
To be honest though I didn't like think about it yet give me some time to reread and I'll actually answer you

Riddle

Smash Lord
Riddle, whose the play for today? It doesn't look like Cacti is gonna get lynched anytime soon.
I still think Cacti is the play, but if you mean out of the possible lynches, I'm going to have to say Truth. Truth, Sinz, and Swords are the current possibilities so I'll share my thoughts on each one.

Swords - at this point I am convinced that Swords is town. I really don't think Cacti vs. Swords is SvS, and since I strongly believe that Cacti is scum I am forced to conclude that Swords is town at this point. If Cacti flips town however this will be a very different story.

Sinz - Eh, Sinz seems to just be a noob at this point. I think we should give him some time.

And that brings us to:
Truth - I think Truth is the play if it can't be Cacti. Truth has been acting quite scummy, and his last post was terrible. If you really need me to state why I think Truth is scummy I will but all it would be is parroting other peoples reasons.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Rereading through Rockin's newer posts have really done like nothing to alleviate my suspicion of him, whilst the truth also seems like a good candidate still especially since his whole the people voting for me BS breakdown.

That's all I got though.

Omni

BRoomer
keepin my vote on Mentos based on the current recent opinions on him. scum no want to bandwagon their partner

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Re-read the thread and can see where the suspicions on mentos are coming from. There's still some time left for him to post something of substance toDay and I'd still prefer a Truth lynch for now so my vote stays. If there's no majority there'll be a NL, which sucks. Since this is the case I'll vote for mentos if needed although I don't see a majority vs him happen anyways. Still better than a NL and if there's no other way to get a majority I'll vote for him at the end of the day. After all he doesn't do shit to convince us he's town atm so it's not a terrible loss either :ohwell:

scum no want to bandwagon their partner
I take it that everybody except you, Marshy and Macman is one of mentos' scumbuddies then?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
mentos looks like a no-go. let's hound him tomorrow. i'm okay switching to truth before deadline

Omni

BRoomer
what? mentos is definitely not a no-go (he's good to go).

besides marshy and gheb, how does everyone feel about a mentos lynch? yes or no and explain why.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
What if we reach the deadline without having a full 7 votes on someone? What if we had the same vote count as right now? Would the person with 4 votes get lynched then?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mentos is definitely a no-go Omni. A lot of the town doesn't support it. The main argument against me was inactivity and not contributing a whole lot, which has been true across all my games. Now that I am picking it up and actually contributing, people still want me lynched. Why is that? If you guys want to grill me tomorrow feel free. Until then let's focus on someone who has had good reason to think they're scum, or who we'll get info from(Swords, Cacti, Truth mainly right now). Those of you pushing my lynch, you realize you will get absolutely no information on others from my lynch done today, as it is almost entirely based on inactivity, and you'll lose a townie who many of you think of as a power player. Let's stick with the smart lynch, and tomorrow I'll be here and contributing, and if people want to grill me we have more than enough time, as well as gaining information if my lynch eventually happened.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sinz, see post 444 by Omni. Your question has already been asked and answered, as well as being stated in the rules everyone was supposed to read prior to the game^.^

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So let me get this right. We are leaning towards a lynch of T_T today. And then either a lynch of Swords or me tomorrow? Does that sound about correct?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's no telling what tomorrow will bring, so the second half is incorrect because we don't know what will happen.

Personally, my first lynch choice today would be one of Swords/Cacti, because I don't feel their argument as TvT. T_T isn't a bad option either, but I definitely think there could be something to be gained from a Swords/Cacti lynch.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i agree with marshy about mentos/riddle as scum. I have a third opinion but I'd rather keep that to myself.

Truth as indy

i'll switch to him if necessary before the day ends

Omni

BRoomer
coming around to letting mentos live. unvote mentos vote the truth
yea. with him back in shape and talking im not sensing any real scum vibes. i dont think my thoughts were misguided but his new activity is a breath of fresh air and doesnt seem like flailing scum too much.

i dont have enough on Truth to condemn him Day 1. so i'm going to

unvote vote: Sinz

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
There's nothing you can really pin on mentos today, as a result of his inactivity.

We'll see what we get off of him tomorrow.

I'm down for a T_T lynch.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I didn't want it to come to this, but I feel as if I need to claim in order to open people's eyes. My character is Manfred von Karma, and I am currently in a mason with another player who has kept himself hidden and breadcrumbed our alliance. We do not have the ability to recruit other players, so it is just us two. This'll leave the mafia having to deal with WIFOM every night...and eventually, my partner will come clean and reveal himself as another townie. Let's hop off of my wagon for now...

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Doin some rereading. I believe truth[i think i know who his partner is]. I stopped thinking he was mafia a bit ago because almost everybody in the game stated that they were suspicious of him/was ok with his lynch. Which would be weird if his mafia partners wanted to do that. So I just went to thinking he was indy, probably a bit of a tunnel on my part. Gonna try to make a case before the days over. Really don't wanna no lynch.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Leaning towards kevin being scum. It doesn't seem like he's reading the thread in order to find scum. Swords is also a potential. I didn't forget about mentos/riddle tho

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Unvote

Couldn't find the breadcrumb of your "partner" but that doesn't matter. The claim is pretty credible. I'm not too familiar with the PW games but Manfred von Karma isn't unexpected. Scum doesn't usually claim Mason either from what I've seen so I guess that's good enough to unvote you for now.

Top Bottom