• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Philadelphia players

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
hey guys, i was thinking about having some people over for melee tomorrow night as my girlfriend is going to be away until later.

I can't have a lot of people over because of space issues, but i was thinking of trying to get a group of about 6-8 people at the most.

I spoke to ultimascout and he's down, but so far it's just us. Anyone interested? It'd probably start around 7 and go until like 10 or so at the latest.
[Collapse="Alert !!!!!GROSS MUSTACHE WARNING!!!!!!"]
GOTM is gonna look like this tomorrow!

[/COLLAPSE]

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
Sort of a late response, but I never actually got your number. Left too quickly last time because of the train, and only PM'd you my own number here. 7 is fine, though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Too cold for me this time guys, got some homework to do. Next time. :D

:phone:

MorningThunder

Smash Apprentice
Yo guys, I'm usually in Erie, PA for school, but I'm back for a week because Penn State likes having Spring break during the winter. Anyone down to play some smash? I live just North of Philly in Cheltenham and I'm lookin' to play Melee.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Is there anyone still active in the Philly area? I could definitely use some practice since I've been out of this country for three years.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I hear there is a crew that plays at Penn. GOTM and I play rarely but we are closer to West Chester. Velocity is still kind of active too.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Ok, thanks for the tip. I'm kind of in the middle between the suburbs and the city so I can make it wherever if something goes down. Just wanna get some decent smash in before I go overseas again.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I hear there is a crew that plays at Penn. GOTM and I play rarely but we are closer to West Chester. Velocity is still kind of active too.
I live on Penn's campus. Who should I inquire about this? I play Melee and Project M.

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
We've got a Philadelphia Area facebook group that is by invitation only. It's mostly inactive, but its a good way to connect with smashers in the area.
We've also got a UPenn facebook group (available to Penn students only, sorry not my decision) that is a lot more active. The UPenn guys play like every week, and are much scrubbier than the Philadelphia area as a whole.

Friend me on facebook, I'm Jonathan Crespi, mention this thread so that I know who you are, and I will add you to the first group, or both if you are a Penn student.

I'd love to meet and smash with new people in the area, I live on Penn campus

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I don't know if you guys are interested, but I do run tournaments in Easton, PA. It's about an hour away, but I'm finally starting to get some attention for tournaments. We always welcome people to come and play. Look for any threads marked GG Showdown. That's the one I really encourage people to come to. The smaller GeeGeez are fun, too. I just push GG Showdown because we put extra effort in to those.

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
We've got a Philadelphia Area facebook group that is by invitation only. It's mostly inactive, but its a good way to connect with smashers in the area.
We've also got a UPenn facebook group (available to Penn students only, sorry not my decision) that is a lot more active. The UPenn guys play like every week, and are much scrubbier than the Philadelphia area as a whole.

Friend me on facebook, I'm Jonathan Crespi, mention this thread so that I know who you are, and I will add you to the first group, or both if you are a Penn student.

Seconded. We're indeed pretty scrubby, but relatively active. Hit us up if you wanna play!

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
yoooo. just moved here a bit ago from chicago. into mostly into PM and melee. I live in boothwyn, pa, its like 25 mins from philly. anyone down for some biweeklys or something? been out of it, and im garbage, but im always down for the lolz

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman

i couldnt find the smash group and sent ya a msg bro. lemme know if you wanna 4 stock or get 4 stocked sometime.

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
I got in contact with Slimpy and added him to the Philly Melee FB group, and then as an unexpected bonus, a guy at Villanova saw it and messaged me as well. It looks like I've accidentally become the gateway to the Philly Melee community, and I don't mind at all! It just shows that there are people in Philly who want to play but our local scene is just a bit too hard to find. Keep the facebook messages coming (I'm Jonathan Crespi), and maybe lets keep this thread alive once in a while.
edit for search relevance: Philadelphia Philly Pennsylvania Philly Philadelphia

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
Maaaan, I'm horrible at the d*mn game, but seems like the Philly scene died down... That or was replaced by Mahvel.
New smash bros. will be legit too... None that 'Brawl -- we playin' nice' BS. I wanna see how Philly and the EC does at that.

Top Bottom