• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd prefer Final Destination, but I don't really play Pikachu.

Of course you would, because you'll get sharked HARDER on RC.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
FD always gets banned against Pika, lol. Literally about 99% of the time.

Obviously if you're lucky enough (or your opponent is dumb enough), going FD is a given against most people.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I ban Brinstar, Prime.
Brinstar.

I'll also ban BF from time to time, because you tend to beat me there more often than I beat you there.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Ah. Brinstar is supposedly Pika's worst stage. I don't mind playing there though, but I wouldn't cp it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Really? I'd think it'd be decent, what with all the opportunities to refresh moves and whatnot. Lava also helps with thunder KOs and various setups. Smaller stage also begots easier KOs.

Is it because your jolt game is more or less useless?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
yeah i hate brinstar. also cp delfino alllllllll day long

everyone who has half a mind in my area bans delfino no hesitation
****. I love Delfino. <3 It's my default counterpick.

I also dislike Brinstar cause it can cut cg's short and make them tough to get in in the first place. If I get CPed Brinstar I use Falco or TLink.

Mah mah mah metaknight mah mah metaknight. Nya nya nya nya~

I haven't had to do MK vs Pika on RC but I TAKE MK's to RC with Sonic. Sonic can change his direction on the drop of a dime though. MK looks almost helpless on RC to me flapping through the air like that.

Then I fight one there with not Sonic and cry.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Brinstar's just an awkward stage to move around on, plus there's the jolt problem. And the stage being smaller means we die earlier too (Shuttle Loop ftl), so it's not really a huge benefit. Also hate the lava.

I usually CP Delfino too, but I would go to FD every time if I could. :( I've only gotten to play on it once in tourney as far as I remember.

<3 Frigate and Smashville too. Not a Halberd fan even though it's good for Pika.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Castle Siege is pretty cool. Only the middle transformation bugs me as Pika. Unless you can do Fthrow CGs to a pivot Bthrow off the stage. That **** is hot. lol Only got it to work once though. One time I missed the pivot grab and got Ftilted to my death. :C

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I hate brinstar. I hate it with a fury passion. ._.
The stage just feels awkward for every character to play on imo.

Aww also pika I do good on stages without a ton of platforms. Yoshi I do good with platforms. I use pika enough to not consider him a secondary, but I had to choose one as my main so yoshi it was. >w>

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll make sure to ban SOMETHING soon. K Prime rarely takes me to Delfino, even though that's Sonic's worse starter (most likely).

Like, Prime and I just play on Smashville until the sets over now. :p

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I was wondering, what texture would Pikachu be if he was real? Would he have fur and be warm and cuddly? Or would he be smooth and plastic-looking like he does in brawl?

I sorta like RC. I don't really play MKs ever though.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Smashville is the only way to go for a starter. Jus sayin~!

EDIT: I would think fluffy. Brawl tried to keep pika looking cartooney but I think they have fur. '3'

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Pikachu definitely have fur.

Bulbapedia said:
Pikachu have short, yellow fur with brown stripes on the back, black-tipped ears, along with an unusually shaped tail, resembling a lightning bolt.
Plus some Pikas from the manga/anime have funky hairdos. =X

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
ok so for the record

brinstar is bad due to low blast ceilings and edges, which while normally being good for pika screws him cuz he has no good flat surface to play on, just platforms he gets sharked thru. the lava means ppl with a crappy recovery are gonna get saved here which sucks. the way the center is made screws with pikas qac immensly. and most important is pikas jolts really take a beating here.

mostly its as ppl have said, other chars do really well here compared to how we do. only ppl like flaco and ddd wont be happy here so at least you wouldnt have to worry too much v them.

and lol at terios going falco on brinstar, its teribad for him here too.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero

and lol at terios going falco on brinstar, its teribad for him here too.
I'd rather have that horizontal camping going on than what Pikachu has. I'm not ****ing going SONIC there and Snake isn't mobile enough for me to enjoy the experience. Brinstar kicks my characters *** basically. At BEST I can choose MK who I never play and just hope for the brokenness to carry me through.

I think Lylat is Sonic's worst starter. :C

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Pikachu might be good vs a good amount of people on brinstar, but theres so much fear in going there :(. It feels like the only one that has inherent traits that make it bad for pika. Of course anytime I get cpd anywhere Im usually at a disadvantage since I dont really play on stages that arent FD/BF/SV. I love norfair though.

bigman40

Smash Master
Idk about Z's case. Tons of stuff he said sounds iffy, and not only that, he did not give us the entire situation from the beginning. If he wants more people to help, he better explain the entire situation, and anything that went down that was important.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
man i hate my muscle memory lol. its making doing a fh uair to footstool hard cuz my hands wana just qa to the ground immediately like on a sh qa, but its making me hit them just b4 they land on the ground, and my muscle memory is having so much trouble adjusting to waiting a sec b4 qa'ing to the ground lol, such a pain.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
its not that its necessarily a bad stage for pikachu, its just a lot of characters can play super gay to pikachu here. i have never had success at allll on this stage
That, and Brinstar is one of MK's best stages... :/

So, I'm going to try and post more in here, but I've been way too busy with school and Minecraft. XD

Oh, and Susa is apparently back, in case no one knew that. :3

Top Bottom