• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Personal Weaknesses

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
1.) When I get down by a stock (Especially the first one) I get a bit demoralized and lose confidence. This is because I struggle to KO my opponent as it is half the time. Now that I'm behind a stock I never really know what to do. Usually when I attempt to get that KO to even the score I get very reckless in my defense and take so much damage into the next stock just to even the score. When I sit back and wait for the KO I also take a lot of damage because I get to conservative and wait too long. During this wait I tend to take in damage as well. I'm bad at deciding when to take minimal damage defensively to get the KO or going in with a charge that is a big no-no.

2.) I tend to shiled a lot because I never want to get bashed with a smash attack. I'd rather get grapped and take less damage. The only problem is some characters have beastly chaingrabs or/and could lead of with a smash attack after the grab and get an easy 30%.

3.) I'm bad at anticipating my opponents moves. It's only through experience in Brawls when I get an unconscience idea of what my opponent is going to do and I punish them for it.

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
My biggest weaknes is that i don't really know what my weaknesses are, so i can't really work on them and have to ask others what they think...

But one may be that i attack too much, i attack much but hit just a few times... Well that is really bad. My hitquote lies anywhere around ~40%... Sometimes below 30% q_q

And sometimes i attack where i should better just grab the ledge, miss it and fall to doom...

Well, that may be my strongest weaknesses, but like i said, i don't really know them...
I'm blind to my own misstakes, i see something i did wrong and think "well, there you better should have done this one", but i don't see a pattern or something helpful...

Avion

Smash Apprentice
My recovery is predictable, I sometimes get too eager for the kill and use smash attacks too much as a result, and I cannot consistently do several of my character's important ATs (phantasm cancelling, boost pivot grab, boost smash).

MarioKidd

Smash Rookie
-I try too hard to dominate my foes so I don't defend too much.
-I don't grab AT ALL.
-I rely a lot on power types like Ike, Wario, and Ganon.
-I try to finish foes in style. Like with a Warlock Punch or Luigi's Up-Smash at close range.
-I taunt a little much.
-I suck when fighting on small stages (Except as Ike).
-I get distracted easily.

XTC Candy

Smash Rookie
I always try to finish in style, and when I fail to do so I can wind up abusing my c-stick unwillingly and forget about my defensive maneuvers, and I end up the one getting K0'd.

ChAlz

Smash Cadet
- I do poorly under pressure
- It takes me a while to learn from my mistakes
- I'm predictable at times
- I NEED to learn how to DI, especially with G&W

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
1. Fall for the same thing over and over.
2. I get hit by things I SEE being charged :(
3. Running into things.
4. Not thinking about what could happen.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Eh, I'm getting better, but I struggle with...

1) Consistency

2) Predictability

3) DI

2Dcomplex

Smash Rookie
Airdodging immediately after getting hit
Jumping immediately when I've regained control of my character after being knocked off of the stage
Using grabs out of shield on characters whose attacks push you back
I can't gimp at all

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm

i realized i get impatient, wihch is why i like to play fast and aggressive chars (its all the melee son)

and when im tired/playing for a long time, i stop thinking, go into autopilot, and fall into bad habits

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
One of my most annoying weaknesses is that Im prone to walking into my own traps. For example I throw a smart bomb and for some reason I usually get sucked into the blast radius.

Another thing is that I dont care much for AT. I am... well kinda good but not good enough to beat pros. But I really dont care for those

And my major weakness is that I dont know some of the most noobish techniques (mostly because I dont do competitive play so I dont care for it much and because I dont own brawl. I play at my friends house when I go there and kick ***). I dont know how to wave dash, I dont know how to glide (well I do but I found out you can actually do that in this thread), I dont even know how to ground dodge, etc. On the bright side at least I dont john.

Another thing Id like to point out is that, although it may not be much of a weakness, I am prone to get cocky when I start kicking ***. Thats made me fail at least twice or three times.

And my last final weakness is that Im also prone to losing because of an epic fail. Last time I was playing at that place where the scenery changes (at the end there is a lava place) I was kirby against Zamus online. There were more than us but we got to sudden death. Then I upsmashed Zamus and she went flying up and was about to get star KO'd. And you know when they are in the background flying into the start at the end. Well while Zamus was in the background a bomb omb dropped on me. It sent me flying to get a side KO before Zamus got star KO'd. That is ****ed up man. Not fair. I swear I bet you that Zamus person was laughing their *** off while I was crying in shame...

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
My main three problems?

1. I am to perSistant. if it doesn't work the first time I often find myself trying it again and again Until it's too late and I've been punished out the azz

2. I'm too defensive with the wrong Characters, but that's mainly because that's how I game.

3. I can read pretty decently, but it seems liKe there is always some factor I forget to acknowledge when going up aginst the higher tiers.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I am a very inconsistent player.

Sometimes playing amazing... and then the next match being super predictable and running into smash attacks

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I am a very inconsistent player.

Sometimes playing amazing... and then the next match being super predictable and running into smash attacks
Hahah, yeah. Sometimes, after playing a great match and making good decisions, you can mistake your 'intuition' in the following match for good decision-making. Confidence can be a tough thing to deal with sometimes...

I envy people like Mango who can adapt and improve during those times.

AKARed

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe someone here has the same problem I do where I am usually good at ****** but not taking off stocks probably because I'm more of a melee person. Either way, I remind myself of the usual anime villain who beats the main character to a pulp in the beginning, and then my opponent suddenly ends up finishing me off.

Top Bottom