• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Personal matchup thread.

D

Deleted member

Oh I know. I may have lost, but I shine spiked him once on YI so it's all worth it:awesome:.
I side-B sweet spotted him for the kill. lol

Yay for ways he shouldn't get killed by Wolf. Then again, spacies are easy to shine spike. I'm just always afraid to try it.:urg:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

play good falcos pls.
I won't claim to have played dabess Falcos like you probably have, but if you don't get grabbed at stupid %'s and know that the falco is still trying to grab you into a dacus...it's very doable. Wolf beats Falco other than in straight up laser camping outside of the CG garbage, but we have a better reflector :0 I know Falco has an awesome jab, his laser is good, but his phantasm sucks only slightly less than Fox's. I love phantasm happy Falcos, they eat lasers/F-smashs/Dacus's instead of the worm. This match-up isn't easy, but it's not impossible. I think IC's is way harder, but people are fine with that match-up being 50-50. Crazy imo.

I'm really just carefree and like arguing LOL.
Like this guy.

I still want to know how you destroy Wario's, MegaRobMan.
60-40 isn't destroying, it's just winning 6/10 times. I watched Bassum play at a tournament and took A LOT of mental notes. I haven't played a Wario in his class ever, but I beat Seiuku's Wario 4 rounds in a row (He's Iowas #1, even over Joker), beat a pretty good Wario this weekend (without using much laser), and ***** the IC guy I lost to's Wario because he didn't ban brinstar. I'd like to post the videos (I have like 10 from this weekend), but I have to wait until the Lucas posts them.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Falcos grab range sucks compared to D3 who I have problems with. Reason? Space Bear is super easy against Falco, unless he pivot grabs. That's about all there is to it, Wolf beats Falco in every phase of the game, just play careful as hell until 50%
or the entire matchup lol
he's just used to playing my Falco LOL.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
GG222, the only time you ever beat me was when I was just jumping into your grabs (and I was drunk). No offense, but just keepin it real. I've played MMM and Typ-Ex (who destroyed me in the round he CG'd me, I won the other 2 w/o it.) and some other pretty good random Falcos OOS. I stand by my assessment of it. Just play Falco/Pika basically like you would play IC's.

Chuee

Smash Hero
60-40 isn't destroying, it's just winning 6/10 times. I watched Bassum play at a tournament and took A LOT of mental notes. I haven't played a Wario in his class ever, but I beat Seiuku's Wario 4 rounds in a row (He's Iowas #1, even over Joker), beat a pretty good Wario this weekend (without using much laser), and ***** the IC guy I lost to's Wario because he didn't ban brinstar. I'd like to post the videos (I have like 10 from this weekend), but I have to wait until the Lucas posts them.
Try playing warios that use the Dthrow CG

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'd love to!!!!!!!!!!...they just grow on trees, right? Just don't get grabbed (usual answer).

I dunno, like I said I've never played one that's super good so I can't really talk. These are just "personal" match-ups. That doesn't mean what I believe the match-up to be other than the obvious trolls, just who I've played in a bad region.

Choice

Smash Champion
wario + dthrow cg is so annoying =/

its almost as bad as the ganon mu

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wario's dthrow CG isn't hard at all actually, people just think the throw ends earlier than it does so they try to buffer the turnaround before the actual buffer period starts. It's just tap back > grab, nothing big :p

@ Mars: I wish there were good Sheik mains in NJ :/ Someone who really knows their stale moves and whatnot with Sheik could be a pain, but I've never had that issue. Either I get out of the ftilt lock after eating maybe 40% (which really isn't that bad at all for Wolf lol) and then Sheik struggles to kill me until like 160%... Do you feel like Zelda is actually useful for getting kills vs Wolf?

:059:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wario's dthrow CG isn't hard at all actually, people just think the throw ends earlier than it does so they try to buffer the turnaround before the actual buffer period starts. It's just tap back > grab, nothing big :p

@ Mars: I wish there were good Sheik mains in NJ :/ Someone who really knows their stale moves and whatnot with Sheik could be a pain, but I've never had that issue. Either I get out of the ftilt lock after eating maybe 40% (which really isn't that bad at all for Wolf lol) and then Sheik struggles to kill me until like 160%... Do you feel like Zelda is actually useful for getting kills vs Wolf?

There used to be a really good Sheik/Zelda from Nj. What was his name...Rykoshet? Or that's maybe an Ike player. I think it started with an R.

-Mars-

Smash Hero

No. Zelda gets spaced to death by Wolf lol. I just stay Sheik and kill with nair at like 200 or something lol.

There used to be a really good Sheik/Zelda from Nj. What was his name...Rykoshet? Or that's maybe an Ike player. I think it started with an R.
Rykoshet is an Ike.....maybe Rathy Aro? Although I don't think he's very good/active anymore.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
No. Zelda gets spaced to death by Wolf lol. I just stay Sheik and kill with nair at like 200 or something lol.

Rykoshet is an Ike.....maybe Rathy Aro? Although I don't think he's very good/active anymore.
I remembered. It was RyokoYaksa or just Ryoko what he went by. He used to be a beast.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
O yea Ryoko quit in like early 09. The godfather of Sheik pretty much lol.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Wolf has easier match-ups than Ganon.

By than, I mean Ganon isn't his easiest MU.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'd say Bowser is your easiest MU
- Followed by C.Falcon, then Ganon.

But that's just me..

_Kain_

Smash Champion
When you literaly can jus bair all day and not have to worry those are **** matches. This works in MU's like

Ganon, Link, Zelda

lol triforce of ****

Idk prolly works against others too

castorpollux

Smash Champion
what are you talking about, link can just stand there and our lazor won't do anything?!

LINK IS HARDDD

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer

But that's just me..
What makes Bowser so easy? I have like 0 Bowser experience (lol Bowser experience), but just wondering. CF is pretty easy, as are a number of other low-tier characters, including Ganon. I've played Verm (who is awesome, in case that isn't common knowledge for some strange reason) so I feel pretty confident with where I placed the Ganon MU, no offense but it's still Ganon :/ He has lots of cool things, but when it comes down to it almost nothing is fast enough or safe enough. Air grabs will always be a pain though X_x

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
When you literaly can jus bair all day and not have to worry those are **** matches. This works in MU's like

Ganon, Link, Zelda

lol triforce of ****

Idk prolly works against others too
I don't think Wolf ***** Link the way he beats Ganon and Zelda.

But that's just me..
Ganon can't beat a Bair wall.

Fh Bair>FF Bair>Fsmash works on him so much because he's so big and sucha tall target to hit. This combo might as well be named the "Anti-Triforce combo".

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
All Bowser really has are tilts, koopa hopping<3, uair, fair and grab releases.
his bair can be legit after a koopa hop since it'll become slightly lagless a little after the animation.

I also have 0 experience with the Koopa King :urg:

Top Bottom