• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I don't know, I'm looking forward to it. No more stupid Yu oki, what more could I ask for?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
In some ways in P4U2, Narukami got even more dumb lol
I haven't been watching many videos, but what I have seen doesn't look as annoying to deal with as the old oki. He still looks strong though, and that new super looks kind of stupid.

I need to watch more, but I feel like I put up with more stupid stuff in the old game. :/

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
With the exception of Yu's oki, Mitsuru's 5A and Chie, I thought P4U had pretty even and fair dumbness all around. P4U2 seems to have lessened some of the worst offendeing stuff, so I'm pretty hopeful.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
IMO, I feel like it's just as bad as the previous game, if not more so at some parts. Narukami's damage and options are really dumb this time (looking like the best character so far). Chie can do kill combos with 100 SP. Mitsuru, Aigis, and Teddie are still very strong. Yukiko can do guaranteed unblockables after 5AAA with Fire Break on. Yukari has a lot of really deadly tools and setups.

Plus there are the OMC glitch that lets you OMC stuff like DPs and the SB glitch to let you bypass spending 50 extra meter.

Ironically the characters that feel toned down are Labrys and Liz.

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
is there a chance that NA console release is around the same time as the JP one?

or are we forever back to waiting 6 months+ for it to be localized

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689

Has it been announced for Consoles in Japan? I don't remember hearing anything about that.
Edit: oh, right, I think it was during the P5 announcement.

I'm surprised it's going to also be on the 360.

Oh, Persona Q was also announced for a NA release, I'm pretty hyped for Etrian Odyssey: Persona.

Last edited:

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
i saw the trailer and got the itch to play again!

and no dance all night for me unfortunately...

i'll be all over q though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Select one of six new characters — including Persona 3 favorites Yukari Takeba, Junpei Iori and Ken Amada, Persona 4 Arena NPC Rise Kujikawa and Sho Minazuki and his Persona-wielding doppelganger
Has to be a lie. No one likes Ken.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm really looking forward to seeing how she plays. There's pretty much nothing to go off of other than dancing/idol stuff.

I guess that means Ken is very likely now. Not the lance wielding character I wanted, but Shadow Ken could be interesting.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm not entirely sure how I feel on the thought of Ken being playable possibly as a result of the Rise thing. Rise could be interesting, but unless her playstyle involves like...using her persona to create weaknesses or something, I'm not sure how she'd play.

Top Bottom