• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peppy's Dirty DYT Monthlies - May 31st RESULTS

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
It was fun and nobody died, so I'm gonna call this tourney a success.

Also we raised over $100 for cancer, so that's cool too. Anyway.

Project M Singles
Challonge: http://daytonsmash.challonge.com/maypmsingles
28 Entrants

1. Boss :diddy::mario2:
2. Fizzle :ivysaur::rob::mario2::ike::dk2:
3. DP :falco:
4. SneakyTako :metaknight:
5. 1der :fox:
5. Jono
7. Fumbles :popo::metaknight:
7. DRB Juushichi :gw::sheik::mario2:
9. Nope :ivysaur:
9. Rizner :zelda:
9. Shenanagans :pikachu2:
9. Soul Pech :jigglypuff:
13. Carls :warioc:
13. Helio BoL :link2:
13. Lain
13. Ola
17. BloodBane
17. Dr. X :lucas:
17. Doppler12 :pit:
17. Friendly Fire
17. PikupStyks :fox:
17. Sorasin
17. Warfie :ganondorf:
17. Sil :fox:
25. Elliot
25. Leo
25. Russy :ganondorf:
25. SweetyT

Project M Doubles
Challonge: http://daytonsmash.challonge.com/maypmdoubles
12 Teams

1. Boss + DP
2. Soul Pech + Carls
3. SneakyTako + Fumbles
4. Jono + Lain
5. Rizner + Dr. X
5. Sorasin + Lumi
7. Nope + Warfie
7. Ragu + PiBs
9. Doppler12 + Helio
9. Elliot + Nate
9. Friendly Fire + Sil
9. Klub + 1der

Melee Singles
Challonge: http://daytonsmash.challonge.com/maymeleesingles
25 Entrants

1. Boss :drmario:
2. 1der :foxmelee:
3. Fizzle :sheikmelee:
4. DP :falcomelee:
5. Lain :falcomelee:
5. Shenanagans :icsmelee:
7. Dr. X :foxmelee:
7. Fumbles :falcomelee::peachmelee:
9. Jono
9. Lumi :foxmelee:
9. Sil :foxmelee:
9. Soul Pech :jigglypuffmelee:
13. Friendly Fire
13. Nope :marthmelee:
13. Ola
13. SneakyTako :sheikmelee:
17. H-Man
17. Klub
17. PiBs :jigglypuffmelee:
17. PikupStyks :foxmelee:
17. Ragu :sheikmelee:
17. Rizner :foxmelee:
17. Sorasin
17. SweetyT
25. Russy :linkmelee:

Melee Doubles
Challonge: http://daytonsmash.challonge.com/maymeleedoubles
9 Teams

1. Boss + DP
2. Soul Pech + Fizzle
3. Klub + 1der
4. Jono + Lain
5. Nope + Sil
5. Sorasin + Lumi
7. Dr. X + Fumbles
7. Ragu + PiBs
9. Rizner + Tako

Brawl Singles
Challonge: http://daytonsmash.challonge.com/maybrawlsingles
15 Entrants

1. Boss :luigi2:
2. Lain :popo:
3. Nope :snake:
4. DP :metaknight:
5. Carls :fox:
5. Fizzle :dedede::metaknight:
7. QD :lucario:
7. Taj :metaknight:
9. Cameron :falcon::link2::snake:
9. H-Man
9. Soul Pech :jigglypuff:
9. Warfie :diddy:
13. 1der :dedede:
13. A Horse Sized Duck :pikachu2:
13. X-Man

I will edit the results with characters asap; in the mean time, do me a favor and let me know who played who from your respective city, to help me out. I'm literally falling asleep at my computer while I type this lol

Expect an update about future monthlies soon!

Last edited:

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
I had a great time at this tournament! Thank you for hosting it again PeppyWil! Since I know you haven't scheduled the next one, could you please do it before June 11 or after June 19? I won't be able to make it between 6/11 and 6/19.
1. Boss :luigi2: - GGs again! I thought our matches were really close this time! You had that amazing come back with the Up-Bs - I need to learn to not put myself in a position where you can hit me with those. I look forward to seeing you at the next event!
2. Lain :popo: - Thanks again for offering to team with me! I hope we can try that Anubis strategy at some upcoming event! Congrats on your wins!
3. Nope :snake: - Awesome job at this event! And don't let anyone tell you to change up your style, you do well and I hope to face you again soon! Also, I sent you a PM about my matchup discussion, and I would love to have your input!\.
4. DP :metaknight: - Congrats on doing well in this tourney. I do think that you have a negative attitude. If you don't like Brawl then don't play it. Don't try to ruin other player's enjoyment with your negative attitude. My opinion.
5. Carls :fox:- GGs and congrats on beating me again ;) I hope to face you again soon!
5. Fizzle :dedede::metaknight: - GGs! Always a pleasure to face you! I hope to see you more frequently at these events!
7. QD :lucario: - yay. Time to get top 3 at one of these events soon.
7. Taj :metaknight: - I enjoyed our friendlies! I hope to face you in tournament again soon.
9. Cameron :falcon::link2::snake: - GGs! I enjoyed our friendlies and the set we played a lot! You're always a really positive and helpful player.
9. H-Man - (Wolf, Snake) - It was so nice to meet you! I'm glad to finally have training partners to play against in Akron! We should be able to help each other level up quickly.
9. Soul Pech :jigglypuff: - Thank you SO MUCH for hosting me Friday night! I had a much better time at the tournament thanks to the extra rest (no pun intended) ;)
9. Warfie :diddy: - Great stuff man! I enjoyed your flashy diddy! I look forward to playing you again.
13. 1der :dedede: (also fox, marth, pikachu) - GGs! I had a difficult time facing your fox! I need to improve on that matchup though. Hope to see you soon!
13. A Horse Sized Duck :pikachu2:- I don't think we got to play but hopefully we will get a chance to next time!
13. X-Man (Falco, Snake, Wolf) - GGs! It was great to meet you! Hopefully we can practice together a lot now!

SuperSalamence

Smash Cadet
NNID
T-Flex
3DS FC
5455-9990-9310
Man, I sure wish I came to this. And Cam showed up too? Someone else rep'n :falcon:, that's what I like to hear!! We need to play dittos again. Fairly nice character diversity for brawl too. Still could've had a better turnout.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
1. Boss :diddy::mario2: - Totally surprised when you guys showed up (and when you sabotaged my pool lol) GGs, you're definitely a great player, but don't think OH will be free forever
2. Fizzle :ivysaur::rob::mario2::ike::dk2: - I swear, one of these times I'm going to beat you in PM. But good **** against DP and Boss, and nice showing in melee. Also stop sandbagging in pools, you ruin the bracket for everybody like less than 3rd place.
3. DP :falco: - Wow you ownt me free. That was pretty painful to be honest lol. I need to learn the falco MU.
4. SneakyTako :metaknight: - Total fail.
5. 1der :fox: - GGs, that game 1 on PS2 was kinda depressing. If game 2 replaced game 1, I don't think I would have won the set. We should totally team sometime though.
5. Jono - Didn't play as much PM with you as I would have liked, but our melee match was hype. Good meeting you, I hope you choose to travel to OH more.
7. Fumbles :popo::metaknight:- We need to talk on Thursday. I don't want you to lose to anyone, other than maybe me lol.
7. DRB Juushichi :gw::sheik::mario2: - GGs sir, that D3 was pretty scary. If you get more practice with him I'm going to be scared next time I play you. Also good **** beating carls, destroyer of dreams.
9. Nope :ivysaur: - So good to see you again, your marth > my marth. I hope you use some of my cheese tactics in the future though lol.
9. Rizner :zelda: - Same with Fumbles, we gotta talk on Thursday.
9. Shenanagans :pikachu2:- GGs, I have a feeling your one of the most underrated players in OH. I think the main problem you have is after around 100%, you get way too greedy and you get super predictable. Play me in friendlies sometime.
9. Soul Pech :jigglypuff:- GGs in doubles. So salt.
13. Carls :warioc:- GGs in doubles. So salt.
13. Helio BoL :link2:- GGs, you had a nice showing!
13. Lain - My boy, thinking OH is free gtfo. Come to more tournaments and see if you can expose OH next time.
13. Ola - Good seeing you, I didn't get to see any of your matches but keep at it.
17. BloodBane - Good to see you, didn't get to play friendlies though.
17. Dr. X :lucas:- Same as Fumbles/Rizner. We can do better.

17. Sorasin - D: Show me how to play against falco.
17. Warfie :ganondorf: - omg I was so happy to see springfield again no homo. I want the old rivalry to come back, get springfield to go deep in PM/smash 4
17. Sil :fox:- So good to see you, I hope you come to more Cinci/OH tournaments. The smash scene is fun again I promise.
25. Russy :ganondorf: - Getting ownt in tournament is part of the process of getting better, don't get too upset. But you still have giant holes in your game
25. SweetyT - You should come to more tournaments.

Konrad QD - You know, playing brawl again was more fun than I expected, fun friendlies. Definitely keep working at it, you have a lot of smarts for smash.

Peppy - Thanks for hosting this tournament, your parents were chill as ****.

Other Cinci people - We need to step it up.

Last edited:

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
1. Boss :diddy::mario2: - Totally surprised when you guys showed up (and when you sabotaged my pool lol) GGs, you're definitely a great player, but don't think OH will be free forever
2. Fizzle :ivysaur::rob::mario2::ike::dk2: - I swear, one of these times I'm going to beat you in PM. But good **** against DP and Boss, and nice showing in melee. Also stop sandbagging in pools, you ruin the bracket for everybody like less than 3rd place.
3. DP :falco: - Wow you ownt me free. That was pretty painful to be honest lol. I need to learn the falco MU.
4. SneakyTako :metaknight: - Total fail.
5. 1der :fox: - GGs, that game 1 on PS2 was kinda depressing. If game 2 replaced game 1, I don't think I would have won the set. We should totally team sometime though.
5. Jono - Didn't play as much PM as you I would have liked, but our melee match was hype. Good meeting you, I hope you choose to travel to OH more.
7. Fumbles :popo::metaknight:- We need to talk on Thursday. I don't want you to lose to anyone, other than maybe me lol.
7. DRB Juushichi :gw::sheik::mario2: - GGs sir, that D3 was pretty scary. If you get more practice with him I'm going to be scared next time I play you. Also good **** beating carls, destroyer of dreams.
9. Nope :ivysaur: - So good to see you again, your marth > my marth. I hope you use some of my cheese tactics in the future though lol.
9. Rizner :zelda: - Same with Fumbles, we gotta talk on Thursday.
9. Shenanagans :pikachu2:- GGs, I have a feeling your one of the most underrated players in OH. I think the main problem you have is after around 100%, you get way too greedy and you get super predictable. Play me in friendlies sometime.
9. Soul Pech :jigglypuff:- GGs in doubles. So salt.
13. Carls :warioc:- GGs in doubles. So salt.
13. Helio BoL :link2:- GGs, you had a nice showing!
13. Lain - My boy, thinking OH is free gtfo. Come to more tournaments and see if you can expose OH next time.
13. Ola - Good seeing you, I didn't get to see any of your matches but keep at it.
17. BloodBane - Good to see you, didn't get to play friendlies though.
17. Dr. X :lucas:- Same as Fumbles/Rizner. We can do better.

17. Sorasin - D: Show me how to play against falco.
17. Warfie :ganondorf: - omg I was so happy to see springfield again no homo. I want the old rivalry to come back, get springfield to go deep in PM/smash 4
17. Sil :fox:- So good to see you, I hope you come to more Cinci/OH tournaments. The smash scene is fun again I promise.
25. Russy :ganondorf: - Getting ownt in tournament is part of the process of getting better, don't get too upset. But you still have giant holes in your game
25. SweetyT - You should come to more tournaments.

Konrad QD - You know, playing brawl again was more fun than I expected, fun friendlies. Definitely keep working at it, you have a lot of smarts for smash.

Peppy - Thanks for hosting this tournament, your parents were chill as ****.

Other Cinci people - We need to step it up.

Yeah tako! It was great to see you again! Thanks for the tips ;)

Helio

Smash Rookie
I also played :ivysaur:and I think friendly fire was :ivysaur:and:gw:
Also if Leo had played he would have been:squirtle:

Last edited:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
1. Boss :diddy::mario2: - Thanks for coming out, we'll play some time finally, lol.
2. Fizzle :ivysaur::rob::mario2::ike::dk2: - You've survived this time. :) Good job on 2nd, look forward to the next time we play, Mr. Sport.
3. DP :falco: - Hope you're enjoying MDVA, I would imagine it's very different than NorCal. You're really good! Azen is also really good...
4. SneakyTako :metaknight: - Fun set. I might actually have another option vs your MK for the next time in addition to DDD and Meta Bubble~.
5. 1der :fox: - I didn't really wanna play you, but I would have rather beaten Nope to get to you anyway. GJ on 5th! Hope to see you again soon.
5. Jono (Fox?) - Fun friendlies, my Fox is god for the first game. And then he's awful. I got the CGs though. Hope to see you come through more!
7. Fumbles :popo::metaknight: - That pools set was a weird one. Sorry that you SD'd. I'll try to beat you without that stuff next time.
7. DRB Juushichi :gw::sheik::mario2: - I also used Robotic Operating Buddy and King DeDeDe. Rest in Pepperinos. Best Columbus gatekeeper NA. Back in the top-8, baby. : )
9. Nope :ivysaur: - I'll get you next time gadget!
9. Rizner :zelda: - Sorry that I gatekept you again. Your Zelda is really good and I can't beat you in the ditto any more... I'll keep trying though.
9. Shenanagans :pikachu2: - You're scary. Stop that. Also like Tako said, stay patient at >100%. Pika is fast, hard to hit and has great whiff punishes. You would rack up many more wins if you waited. This definitely applies in doubles and is a lot of the reason I get frustrated in teaming. I want a static doubles partner, damnit. Let's play some time soon!
9. Soul Pech :jigglypuff: - Hi. My DK is going to **** your DDK up soon. And frequently. Maybe even my DDK. I'm glad you learned something about your habits from Tako while we talked Meta Knight. I will be happy to avoid you in tournament until I figure out the new wrinkle~.
13. Carls :warioc: - Hi. :) I am pretty glad I beat you finally and am still glowing over that as I felt like I'd been close for a long time. Here are some things I've noticed for your improvement:

Like Pech says in doubles, you have a tendency to want to force aggression in spots where it's not necessary. This overwhelms opponents whose heads you are in, those who are unfamiliar with you/Wario or players you are flat out better than. Often times when you notice that this won't work, you will still push for this and you lose a lot of momentum (It was also how I beat your Fox with my Mario in Brawl) . Like w/ Shen, you are a player that could benefit from holding back a little and camping more. You can play offensively with a lead, but struggle defensively. This is the difference between you and LOE1, even though you have the better offensive tech. Work on your defense, your runaway, and maintaining your positional advantage with a lead. Wario is a character who can snowball offense with the best of them and play extremely frustrating defense as well.
13. Helio BoL :link2: - Hi.
13. Lain - It's a good thing that Ally is back, otherwise Michigan would really have it rough vs Ohio. : )
13. Ola - You're getting a lot better!
17. BloodBane - You too! Picking up a secondary is fine and dandy of course, but I think you could change some of your approaches and work on a few things before you switch it up.
17. Dr. X :lucas:- What are you doing down here?!
17. Doppler12 :pit:
17. Friendly Fire
17. PikupStyks :fox:
17. Sorasin - Hi-hi. You playing PM Wolf like Brawl Wolf was pretty hilarious. Glad you and Lumi came out!
17. Warfie :ganondorf: - Fun set, fun ganon dittos. Glad to see Springfield is playing.
17. Sil :fox: - I am so glad you just didn't play Fox/Marth. Pick a main! Also beat me up in Melee some time.
25. Elliot
25. Leo
25. Russy :ganondorf:
25. SweetyT

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
had a great time at this tournament! sad i had to dip early before finishing melee haha. will do shoutouts soon!

btw i played mostly sheik in melee. :D

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
June and July have had other tournaments every single weekend that have made having monthlies improbable.

Montlies will resume as soon as possible. Until then, if you're in Dayton, please contact me about being added to the facebook group; we've been having frequent smashfests and will begin having free local tourneys during the week to fill some space.

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
June and July have had other tournaments every single weekend that have made having monthlies improbable.

Montlies will resume as soon as possible. Until then, if you're in Dayton, please contact me about being added to the facebook group; we've been having frequent smashfests and will begin having free local tourneys during the week to fill some space.
Bring Dayton down to some of my tournies in the meantime!

Top Bottom