• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PEPESPAIN Presents: Angry Hydrant Glitch

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Legend of the arcade, cinema, and more, Pac-Man is a very exciting character in Smash for Wii U. Players like Koolaid and Abadango have shown some amazing things Pac-Man can do, and Youtube channel PEPESPAIN Smash Lab has been showing off some amazing Pac-Man tech. Smashboards has previously featured several excellent videos by the channel as well.

Recently, Smashboards featured a video on how Pac-Man could use his trampoline to drop any character through the stage to their potential doom. It seems however this is not the end to Pac-Man's trickery. PEPESPAIN's newest video shows the "Angry Hydrant, a hydrant that never shoots water, but provides a constant hitbox on the ledge of a stage. Does this make Pac-Man into a Pac-God? Watch, discuss, and decide!

SmashCapps has been intrigued by all these Pac-Man tricks. Follow what SmashCapps is up to and suggest other videos to cover by WAKAWAKAing over to Twitter.

gamegalaxy64

Smash Cadet
NNID
flarefusion1
3DS FC
1048-9074-1793
Pac-Man is officially broken with all of these glitches...

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Focus your game on the left side of the stage... not sure why people are crying of this to be "broken"

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
This is a neat trick. I'm always glad to see more tech unearthed, even if they are usually and unfortunately patched out soon after.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Pacman is turning out to be such a fun little character.

He's almost like a Rogue. Fast attacks, short range, and so much utility xD

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I actually don't see this as broken, so much as it is fun. if the hydrant spiked or something, then it'd be different.....xD

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
I don't know how they'll manage to patch all this character's crap.

I love Pac-Man, but… I think… We're gonna have to kill him.

Last edited:

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Wow....I can see that being used all the time with pac users, this ones worst then the up B in my opinion, wouldnt go to the extremes to ban him, but it will probably be fixed in a patch anyway

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For some reason, one of the oldest video game characters ever is becoming really glitchy...

...This must be how video game characters show their age.

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Lol and limit your entire stage control?

Yeah, staying on one side of the screen is a great idea. Especially against a character that looves to restrict movement.
I never said to "stay on one side" did I? Just avoid going to the right edge when the hydrant is in play, PacMan loses his hydrant tool and loses options to fight you on the center/ left side of the stage. Seriously people are crying like babies for a glitch that requires frame perfect timing and spacing and will most likely never happen in a competitive scenario. Oh well that's the majority of Smash 4 community for you, calling things broken, cheap and OP without proof.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's hilarious how many glitches pac has. I am surprised they aren't patched yet.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I never said to "stay on one side" did I? Just avoid going to the right edge when the hydrant is in play, PacMan loses his hydrant tool and loses options to fight you on the center/ left side of the stage. Seriously people are crying like babies for a glitch that requires frame perfect timing and spacing and will most likely never happen in a competitive scenario. Oh well that's the majority of Smash 4 community for you, calling things broken, cheap and OP without proof.
This is actually not that hard to pull off. It was found 2 days ago and I have already used it in tournament at my locals.

However, there are downsides to this glitch:

-You cannot knock away your hydrant, but the opponent can.
-Hitbox can be nullified, leaving the hydrant useless for it's entire duration without Pacman being able to knock it away to create another.

On the flip side... there are stupid edgeguard applications with this, especially when combined with the other glitch...

_________

That said damn it SmashCapps, stop revealing all our broken stuff! I may need these glitches to win!

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Well you are missing the point. Pac-Man would only do this when you are offstage to limit get up options. Avoiding the entire right side of the stage when nothing is there is only detrimental to you. Don't see why a Pac-Man would waste time setting this up on the ledge without having a plan behind it.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well you are missing the point. Pac-Man would only do this when you are offstage to limit get up options. Avoiding the entire right side of the stage when nothing is there is only detrimental to you. Don't see why a Pac-Man would waste time setting this up on the ledge without having a plan behind it.
Ehhhh.... I set it up between stocks too. If I manage to knock the opponent into it, it's a free combo extender since it knocks them back my way.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Everyone actin like landing something frame perfect is easy to do.

Please, go and try to do it yourself consistently.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Everyone actin like landing something frame perfect is easy to do.

Please, go and try to do it yourself consistently.
Ease is subjective and doesn't usually have any baring on whether something is broken or ban worthy in most cases.

Not that I think this is or should. I welcome the a-pac-alypse. Glitches or not I'd love to see more Pac-Man in tournament.

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
You obviously play normally unless the angry hydrant is in play lol, if it's in play you simply move your game away from the right edge like I previously stated. I really don't see this nowhere near broken and it's a decent option for Pac Man but it defenetly has some downsides.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
You obviously play normally unless the angry hydrant is in play lol, if it's in play you simply move your game away from the right edge like I previously stated. I really don't see this nowhere near broken and it's a decent option for Pac Man but it defenetly has some downsides.
It isn't broken, but if I ever get you offstage on the right side, it's going down. I personally won't put it up unless you are offstage on the right side (except for the obvious psychological advantages...)

However, if anyone stays near the left side without the hydrant in play, then I'll gladly take the stage control advantage.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I've figured it out.
The first thing Pac-Man did before joining Smash Bros was beating the 255th level of his original game.
Now it all makes sense.

TriTails

Smash Lord

I know these glitches are mostly frame-perfect and/or have limited use in a real tourney...

BUT DAMMIT MR. SAKURAI. CAN WE HAVE A CHARACTER TECH THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE PAC-MAN!?

I wonder how Pac shapes up his future... His meta grow so quick...

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
It's actually temporary, so everybody knows. I didn't see that mentioned in the video...

Last edited:

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
How cool. It looks fun to combo off of but since it only covers the right ledge, and for a brief amount of time, this will be a cool thing that Pac-Man mains will learn, but it won't have any effect on the tier list. It's unreliable like the trampoline glitch.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
People act like these little quirks will significantly jet pac up the tier list or improve his meta.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
More people need to actually try these glitches out;

The trampoline one?
"Wow its broke guis"
Perfect timing when an opponent runs or is knocked into a YELLOW trampoline.
Also, BEFORE THEY ARE AT THE BOTTOM of the stage, they can jump.
Most people are under the impression you insta go to the bottom, that is not the case. Most people can react when jumping on a yellow trampoline.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is something highly situational too, gonna test it tomorrow.

I know these glitches are mostly frame-perfect and/or have limited use in a real tourney...

BUT DAMMIT MR. SAKURAI. CAN WE HAVE A CHARACTER TECH THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE PAC-MAN!?

I wonder how Pac shapes up his future... His meta grow so quick...
Peach.

Last edited:
Top Bottom