• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PEPESPAIN Presents: Angry Hydrant Glitch

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Mtn64st: 19504251 said:
More people need to actually try these glitches out;

The trampoline one?
"Wow its broke guis"
Perfect timing when an opponent runs or is knocked into a YELLOW trampoline.
Also, BEFORE THEY ARE AT THE BOTTOM of the stage, they can jump.
Most people are under the impression you insta go to the bottom, that is not the case. Most people can react when jumping on a yellow trampoline.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is something highly situational too, gonna test it tomorrow.

Peach.
Heh, lecturing on needing to test glitches then coming back with false information.
Trampoline glitch can be done with blue or yellow trampoline, if you are in hitstun when knocked into it you can't jump right away and on thin stages you go through very fast. Also not all stages work the same for that glitch, but I've given you enough free information already.

xzx

Smash Lord
Peolpe people, relax! You can just shield it! There there, better now? ;3

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Peolpe people, relax! You can just shield it! There there, better now? ;3
But then your shields better get nerfed.

This ain't no ordinary hydrant. It's the kind of hydrant that may need nerfing.:4sonic:Either way, nice way for Pac to break the game.

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
I used to hate pac man and now I hate him because of these glitches...

I'm going to sub to this channel though, seems like a cool smash channel.

XakYm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XakYm09
3DS FC
0018-0121-2348
It acts like an EdgeGordo but not as good because you can roll inside.

Taokaka

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ValooDX
3DS FC
2758-4249-4296
Its official, sakurai wanted more pacman love. The patch is not the lucas patch, its the pacman patch.

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
Can'f you just roll in from the ledge to avoid this, though?

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
And eat a charged smash since you have precisely one option.
Maybe a strange edge-hop would work? Like, instead of hopping straight up or into the stage, you hop backwards and then use a move to get over/knock over the fire hydrant.

I couldn't see Villager, for example, having a hard time with this. With the fair/bair projectile and a well aimed edge hop, recovering wouldn't be ruined, per-se.

I imagine they'll patch this out anyway, so it probably won't matter for too long.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Heh, lecturing on needing to test glitches then coming back with false information.
Trampoline glitch can be done with blue or yellow trampoline, if you are in hitstun when knocked into it you can't jump right away and on thin stages you go through very fast. Also not all stages work the same for that glitch, but I've given you enough free information already.
I've already in depth tested the trampoline. Was referring to the hydrant glitch on what I need to test, as I hadn't replicated it much at the time.
Again; you are able to jump before falling under the trampoline. High level players wont be killed by this. Your entire model needs to be under the stage before you actually are stuck under. Not to add many characters can recover from that, but it's beaten purely by reaction time, even little Mac can just jump before he's fully under the stage.
However, the hydrant glitch is odd. Situational like the trampoline glitch, but on the other hand has an actual pay out instead of something niche that half the community can just react jump to.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I've already in depth tested the trampoline. Was referring to the hydrant glitch on what I need to test, as I hadn't replicated it much at the time.
Again; you are able to jump before falling under the trampoline. High level players wont be killed by this. Your entire model needs to be under the stage before you actually are stuck under. Not to add many characters can recover from that, but it's beaten purely by reaction time, even little Mac can just jump before he's fully under the stage.
However, the hydrant glitch is odd. Situational like the trampoline glitch, but on the other hand has an actual pay out instead of something niche that half the community can just react jump to.
This is still not completely true, as some stages have a vacuum effect that suck you under when you fall in, and some insta-kill you before your entire model disappears (Hell you can combo into it on those stages).

That said I do agree the Hydrant glitch has a lot more applications.

PocketBoyz

Smash Rookie
NNID
GlitchMasterz
Can make opponent fall through the stage, now this? If he can make people fall through the stage he doesn't need anymore glitches.. Broken xD

Top Bottom