• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

studly

Smash Ace
lol u guys let me know if were gona all meet up or get some weeklies started... no freaking internet and no classes for me this semester.. im completely focusing on getting a job and a car

Dart

Smash Lord
Lol @ my inactivity. Been enjoying these last few weeks of summer without video games.
Enjoy being a freshman again :p

lol u guys let me know if were gona all meet up or get some weeklies started... no freaking internet and no classes for me this semester.. im completely focusing on getting a job and a car
We'll *read me* let you know because we *again read me* have a schit load of free time...sarcasm maybe.
But we *yep me again* are available all the time.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Hey scrubs, come to ISA Smash Academy, its a barwlz tourney but some of southern Indiana will be there playing the me-layz.

edit

An get these ppl to subscribe to my youtube page, i uploads the me-lay lulz and vidjos.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
well u should first off put ur YT webpage on here lol. btw, ggs kyoochun, u got one bizarre and good falco. and josh/david, i'm gonna stop by soon, just dunno when >.>

Dart

Smash Lord
Hey scrubs, come to ISA Smash Academy, its a barwlz tourney but some of southern Indiana will be there playing the me-layz.

edit

An get these ppl to subscribe to my youtube page, i uploads the me-lay lulz and vidjos.
You come into our topic...calling us scrubs and tell us to come to a LAWL tournament? not the best first impression but whateva, when is it?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
You come into our topic...calling us scrubs and tell us to come to a LAWL tournament? not the best first impression but whateva, when is it?
PSSSH, I dont see your name on it anywhere.

Besides i was just ****in around, do you ppls in Peoria not talk excessive amounts of **** to each other like we do here in So. In. ?

August 29

http://www.youtube.com/user/Reneblade

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
lmao, pretty sure he's ****ing with you too. . Thread/Link us plz

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Reneblade, were you the guy in the wife beater that randomly walked up to me and asked about the P-Town vs. Evansville crew battle at SMYM? You don't know what kinds of bewilderment I was going through when I was asked because I had no clue who it was, where Evansville was located, and how a crew battle had brewed out of nowhere lmao. Just curious.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
id drive to springfield for a decent sized smashfest/tourney.

edit

i supposed im gonna start trolling this thread now, since my crews thread is dead.

and EPsucks, my feelings were virgin until you just ****ed with them, thanks....

Dart

Smash Lord
id drive to springfield for a decent sized smashfest/tourney.

edit

i supposed im gonna start trolling this thread now, since my crews thread is dead.

and EPsucks, my feelings were virgin until you just ****ed with them, thanks....
<3 btw, your crew owes us a battle...i'm calling you ****ers out hehehe :p

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
our crew does owe you a battle, we had 3/5 ppl ***** out at smym, and were about to lose one member cause hes moving in september, but youll get it someday.

edit

practicing my scarjumping, this **** is frustrating

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
rene, the first tims was a 16 person turnout of pure locals as in like kids who lived within 15 minutes of the vunue, and the second one was bassically a get together of team iowa, and peoria. We plan on haveing out of regioners at the next one, so I think we could expect upper 20s, maybe 30s, but idk. Some info so you could decide whether its worth the drive.

And I meant to do this like 3 months ago, I don't remember if I did or not, but josh and dave, if you remember my teamate at all when you were in springfield, I have to appologize for the massive amount of **** he was talking.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
yall should meet in the middle at the next TIMS in springfield
Just to clarify: there is no set date/venue for the next TIMS (I'm looking at September), but it'll probably be built to be the largest one yet. It'd be cool to see Peoria come down again (almost expected with enough warning) and it'd be neat to see Evansville come over, too. It'd be the coolest to record your guys' crew battle (hopefully). I'm looking to host Melee & Brawl, but if I do both, I'd wanna train 1-2 local folks to help me run it. Granted, I'm not expecting to run a giant tournament, but I want to run any sized tournament as smoothly as possible.

rene, the first tims was a 16 person turnout of pure locals as in like kids who lived within 15 minutes of the vunue, and the second one was bassically a get together of team iowa, and peoria. We plan on haveing out of regioners at the next one, so I think we could expect upper 20s, maybe 30s, but idk. Some info so you could decide whether its worth the drive.
To better clarify this quote: the first TIMS had 16 local entrants, the 2nd one was rushed to fit into May (rather than fall into June) and really lacked much of an advanced warning, and as a result had few entrants (10-12 people; aka overblown, but fun friendlies with a small $ incentive). "OoR" players would include players from outside the MW (or MW:East/West if you classify like that). I'm hoping he meant out-of-area players, which is what I'm looking for. I'm actually looking for upper 30's-40's in terms of combined turnout for both games.

Also, we should have done our crew battle with Peoria for control of this thread.. at least partially :p

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
as long as its a weekend, and i dont have work johns, i would probably be able to make it to TIMS, its even more likely id be able to make it if some1 would house me for the night so i dont have to drive there and back in one day (like i did for SMYM)

Dart

Smash Lord

And I meant to do this like 3 months ago, I don't remember if I did or not, but josh and dave, if you remember my teamate at all when you were in springfield, I have to appologize for the massive amount of **** he was talking.
Kurtzman? its aight...we come to the next one and silence it for good mirite dave?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
PEEF is here to troll your thread.

KneeBash (Evansville) is ready for a crew battle. We would like to do a 6v6 or 7v7.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
nick, have you ever actually ran the brawl portion for TIMS?
I've never had a second person bring a full setup, so I have yet to bother.

Speaking of that crew battle.. how many players would be with the Peoria crew besides the main 4(An,BP,Dart,Gooey)? Oh, and it's going to be overhyped for the level y'all are at.. but that's what will make it fun.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Silenced for good ma****a.

And...*counts with fingers* we have like...7 people total around here? But it would be difficult to get us all in the same room together, we're kind of spread apart asides from me, BP, Josh, and probably Kyoochun soon here. Not sure how far away Anthony is since I don't have a clue where Hannah City is but I know that Studly & Legion are approx. 30 mins away. So yeah, I don't know if 6v6 or 7v7 would be possible me thinks xP. I'm definitely down for it though, P-Town crew needs a win hahaha.

No Roys on FoD, please.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Well, 5v5 works, and 4v4 is where good players start getting cut. 5v5 would be best. Since wiggins is leaving that opens up a spot for Shonic in our top 5.

Jekyll
PEEF
Reneblade
Biz
Shonic (2 of hearts if he could come)

But we have alott more players than you... we could alternate...
Stukey
Ambo
Wall-E
Tank
2 of Hearts/Shonic
Bambi
Spooner
Pickles
AmbaLance

=] I have built an army haha

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
aww, crap i couldn't make it to sams cuz i had things to do,

btw everyone else in our crews: kyoochun (sam, falco), legion (adam, fox falcon), studly (lucas, ganon), sean (sean, link), michael (peach), kreig (peach), i think that might be it (yea?)

btw, i hate doing uneven teams. type ****, i don't mind if its one person more, but 10 vs 5 is just too gay for me, i just don't like it

Dart

Smash Lord
I'm down for a 5v5 with alternates...cuz we don't have much and our alternates aren't the best...jeeeeeeze nick just loves to give us **** for our play level now doesn't he? :/

p.s. we would need to meet in the middle cuz i doubt either side has the time or money to travel to the others and back.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I actually might be up for doing that until like 10/11ish tonight because I'm in a little pissy mood and need to vent/get it whipped out of me. College starts tomorrow for the LOSSSSSSS =(

Josh, gimme a call or something o_O?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
yea 5 v 5 sounds good
our five is prolly: shad, sam (kyoochun), david, anthony (me), and Josh.we could have studly and legion come just in case of replacements..

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
should be sometime in september, i don't know either, still planning...

Top Bottom