• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

D

Deleted member

lol,no way at my house. It's too small and messy,and honestly sucks when it comes to groups of people lol. Like there's no breathing room,our house is made up of a bunch of small hallways attatched to a bunch of small rooms. Plus my dad isnt fond of well..people. Especially new people lol. hmm....i might have to ask some of my friends around if we can use their house. I have a few in mind that might work out....

D

Deleted member

hmm, okay that happened to me once when i tried plugging my friends into my tv. try ****ing with the switch thats on the AV cables,on the end that goes into the xbox. thats how i got mine working lol.

Skirby

Smash Cadet
well if we geta bigger T.V we could do it at my house. MY basement was built for gamage lol.

D

Deleted member

haha hey guys that meetup was really fun lol,we should do it again sometime. hahaha and the giant+super shroom rounds were hilarious!! Great night.

studly

Smash Ace
yeah man that was awesome ... we really enjoyed playing you guys... and congratz to everyone who beat my diddy lol

hastule learn melee **** it

yeah it was awesome right up until we went to leave aprils and head back to elmwood... it was around 10 her parents threw a fit that she had had so many people in her car... and grounded her... there little talk with her lasted too long and got Egan late home... getting him grounded too!!! XD i havent heard yet but legion might have gotten grounded for being late home too

D

Deleted member

wow!! hahaha thats ridiculous!! wow lol i didnt see that coming. And yeah melee is definitely something i should learn lol. Honestly its fun,but its just really weird to transition to hahaha.

studly

Smash Ace
his lol i played like **** and my diddy lost to austin's marth and Ben's kirby.... egan and legion did ok but i think hastules crew did better overall

and egan got ungrounded 0o

D

Deleted member

haha,i think my favorite part about the whole thing was playing competitively against people on a screen that DOESNT lag hahaha. Idk if you noticed but I could CG pretty easily for once haha. And thats cool that egan got ungrounded, he didnt deserve to be

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
sooo whens the next smash event ........................................ i dont expect soon since most everyones grounded XD
yea id like to know to.

btw, hows ur diddy going along?

studly

Smash Ace
yea id like to know to.

btw, hows ur diddy going along?
hes really getting better... for some reason i played really bad last saturday.. he did get better later in the evening

but yeah i learned some techs i hadnt known before and my flows getting alot better

dash attack to spike is awesome and kills people who are unprepared.. and also pwns if you edge guard by dash attacking the ledge into the spike offstage...

lol i like brawl and melee the same now

been working on luigi... wavedash like crazy but i still suck at it.. god nair kills
lost my copy of melee somewhere now i have to go buy another one

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Never knew about that dash attack edge gaurd stage spike with diddy, I knew GnW could do that. I gotta try that out. I'm guessin u use those nanerz a lot too.
btw, i've got school off friday, so if anyone wanna smash tommorow, friday. w/e. call me or somefin.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
... is my number. I'm interested in both. I'd go to the brawl circuit thing, but got finals right after that weekend... I'd goto the melee one if i had a ride. lol **** timing. I might ask sean to get a ride, but he like doesn't like melee as much since he played 2009 UFC undisputed demo (FUN!). And he said after playing Tomacawk, he doesn't wanna compete in melee. lol

how did u figure out ur percentage? lol

Skirby

Smash Cadet
wahh i wanna play smash T.T i havnt played since last sunday *cries* i hate being grounded.
FML

D

Deleted member

ITT:The game has been lost

But seriously,summer is coming up guys! Crew meetups and **** needs to happen when the time comes lol.

BTW guys! Pretty sure there is a street fighter 4 tournament at gamer's sanctuary next saturday!

Dart

Smash Lord
No! thats the same day as the Champaign tourney...which you guys should go because there will be some good competition to make you better :D

Dart

Smash Lord
well now that the saturday thing is being cancelled i guess ill just have to get us all together to play then...i want smash

D

Deleted member

haha well if its at GS street fighter is there at noon,so idk how scheduling would work for that haha. Although SF4 will probably be over around 2ish again. so yeah,just something to think about.

Dart

Smash Lord
well ****...if you guys want you can come get destroyed by me in SF4 and then we can see if he'll let us set up some melee/brawl afterwards

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
how do you delete a message. glitched and double posted.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
That melee tournament in champagne (misspell) is still going on actually. Just keeping it updated.. btw, I'll use blanka to destroy ur ryu in SF4 lol

btw, when does everyone get summer break? Mine starts May 28

studly

Smash Ace
ok wow i have like no internet access... as i lost my job at the local ISP (the company was sold and my job position no longer exists)

so for a little while my internet access is gona be semi limited

first @ josh
i might be interested in that melee tourney. me and legion really want to see how good we are now compared to better players... luigi kicks ***... ive done a bit of practicing. melee is freaking fun

someone should post in here whether or not that tourney is actually canceled...

and yeah as far as the street fighter tournaments is concerned... i actually dont like competitive street fighter that much... at least compared to smash... my group could go and wed play casual... wed be very interested in any smash going on afterwords melee or brawl... oh yeah i play balrog now but like i said the game doesnt interest me that much win or loose i dont really care

and yeah josh dont take me too serious lol but stop telling us brawl sucks its like really annoying sometimes... were perfectly aware of your opinion. and we agree with alot of your points... so know that we know and that we enjoy it anyway

you seriously should have saw me and anthony play at the last GS tourney.. brawl has its moments.. XD

and to finish this random post let me add... as soon as the hack of the 4.0 update comes out... im getting homebrew channel and brawl+ ive heard there is a competitive ruleset used for tournaments and the smash community is growing fast so i say give it a try ... come on combos in brawl.. its freaking crazy to watch

i love smash and im gona keep playing whether that be melee or brawl... but im currently interested in attending some major brawl tournaments and i fell like id be a hypocrit if i gave up on it without ever attending one.

but anyway let me know whats up

egan

Smash Rookie
so the ohio tourny looks likes its gunna be fun i want to go :D

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
haha barlw does suck xD (compared to melee imo). If you hack it, its pretty fun. Brawl+ is pretty fun. Also, with character and stage texture hacks its even tighter. Brawl+ and Texture/music hacks = Awesome = Melee?.

Year old vid I used to love to watch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaqB89H4saY&feature=player_embedded
Brawl + and textures hacks - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuGHy0rinS8&feature=player_embedded
Music Swap Hack and texture hack - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_vGygLlpgg&feature=player_embedded
Awesome map texture hack - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycypSWyzO_Q

There's some tight stuff happening hack-wise in brawl.
I'd goto the ohio tourney if it weren't for finals =(

Also, the melee tournament dart was referring too > "it's still on for now" that was as of yesterday by the host.

Top Bottom