• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

Dart

Smash Lord
So im thinking crew battle (we need to set up a smashfest first of course) And this is who id like to see
Peoria crew: Rashad, Grant, David, Me, Krieg maybe? or someone else who is at least decent

Springfield: Tomacawk, Ripple, *do you guys need anymore really? lol j/k*,Oranos, Gambit, and Samurai
and im thinking spring break is gonna be the best time for me and probably david as well...but idk where it could be at cuz we don't have many spots and you guys already had a smashfest :p

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
its possible that I would be replaced by chewy, we are kinda close, haven't played too many games, but oranos and them say hes better.

Or it might be the oppisite and chewy would replace ripple and a friend of ours named guy would replace tomacawk to even things out a bit, cause honestly, not too many areas in illinois have a chance with tomacawk and ripple on the same team for crew battles, chicago is prolly it.
(I'm not trying to sound like a **** or talk **** so I'm sorry if I am in fact sounding condescending.)

flipkid

Smash Apprentice
hey so im gonna be in central illinois for a couple days...smashfestiveness!! on topic i could help out the peoria squad... of course depending on when this is...

and lol at samurai im pretty sure champaign "has a chance" in fact id say champaign could be better then chicago

Dart

Smash Lord
To Samurai: yeah i understand what you're saying but we do need all the help we can get *Central IL= Brawl kid territory*
To Flipkid: Dave? yeah Champaign could prolly beat the chicago area i bet, but yeah totally play for us, im thinking smashfest next friday/saturday maybe?

flipkid

Smash Apprentice
To Samurai: yeah i understand what you're saying but we do need all the help we can get *Central IL= Brawl kid territory*
To Flipkid: Dave? yeah Champaign could prolly beat the chicago area i bet, but yeah totally play for us, im thinking smashfest next friday/saturday maybe?
yup...fridays cool i think.. saturday is my only off limit day.. it would be cool to play these springfield guys

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Hey dude, I'm down for a smashfest here soon I guess...just Josh, make sure it's not on a track meet day!!! And tell me asap when you find a date, so I can warn my parents about 8 times like they usually need for me to go do something!

Also, samurai, I totally understand what you mean by that lol, Ripple & Tomacawk are fuggin legit and really good so it may be a little stacked on your side :p Totally would be down for the though!

studly

Smash Ace
allright so im not ready to do another tourney yet for a while... but id like it if people started keeping their eyes open for a good venue in the pekin/peoria area... if you find one you think might be woth looking into just let me know and i can look into it

btw i think AJ might have finally gotten the message that no one wants to play brawl FFA... there were only around 14 people there for the tournament on sunday and only 10 or 11 entered... so at the last minute he changed it to 1on1 best of 3 on smashville ... and it was pretty much a crew battle between Hastules group and my group... and god his IC's have gotten alot better

and does anyone know what AJ would do if we asked him if about a tournament at GS without him running it?

and yeah i havent really picked up melee cuz ive been playing the crap out of streetfighter 4 ... anyone in here on shoryuken forums? or allisfighter?

Dart

Smash Lord
Hey David next time you check...tomorrow im gonna head down to pekin and see if AJ would let us use it next Friday or Saturday...if you wanna come with and help me im down.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
and lol at samurai im pretty sure champaign "has a chance" in fact id say champaign could be better then chicago
wow, can't believe I forgot about that, my b

Edit: actually, I just thought of who was from champaign, and they don't got ****. Matt and Tom R? Who the **** are they? Springfield would totally take that **** ;-)

Dart

Smash Lord
also...i think im just gonna have us do more of a crew battle thing *do we need prizes cuz our crews gonna be pretty much last second thrown together* and a ISHload of friendlies but if we need to we could always move on to someone elses house after the whole things over if the venue kicks us out.

flipkid

Smash Apprentice
tbh i was just thinking of smashing at rashads... which would be all we need unless there are outtatowners there

@sam: i lold

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i'd go to the smashfest if it weren't for ACTs, still might be able to go afterwards.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
depends on interest from my area and when its at, cause springfield has monthly smashfests too, so if it conflicts with that or another tourney that I plan to attend, then prolly not, but if it doesn't and tomacawk and others wanna go, I'm down, especially if its not in the middle of nowhere again.

D

Deleted member

haha yeah,I have ACT's coming up to.Ugh. I'll probably do fine on them though.Might put some time in to study AT LEAST math cause i figure I could score a lot of easy points on math if i just put some time into relearning some of the stuff i forgot.

And at studly: My friends and i actually thought of the same thing, we just haven't asked AJ yet. He's a pretty cool guy though so i think we have a good chance of using GS to play. Although, I can see him having a problem with it if he has staffing issues or if idk,he doesnt want to setup another tv or setting up the projector again or something hahaha. But he's also all about letting us do our own thing,and if someone was willing to supply their own wiis/tvs and all that crap,then that would definitely get you on his good side and probably increase the chances of him letting us use his place. Although,idk if we even need another tv or not but just saying,haha.

Also thanks for the comment about my IC,haha. I cant wait to use them in a "real" tournament with cps and everything. Last tournament was all smashville and hardly official hahaha. That being said,it was loads of fun

Dart

Smash Lord
So im gonna pretty much ask rashad if we could use his house...but its small so idk if we can hold that many people there :/, hopefully we can work something out and when i do ill post it in the forums and Samurai needs to tell me when their smashfests are so i can plan around it.
FYI idk if this things gonna be for money since this is my first time so i need thoughts and comments people :p

studly

Smash Ace
@ hastule.. yeah seriously... man that was most definitely random rules... Aj's like were not doing FFa with only 11 people... and i instantly said best of three on smashville. i really didnt want to play FD and i knew he wouldn't do counterpicks

and alright so im seriously talking to AJ about doing my next tournament At Gamer's sanctuary... i mean wed provide our own TV's and games and everything and we can definitely charge a venue fee if he needs that

and it will most definitely be melee and brawl and not the other way around

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
haha yeah,I have ACT's coming up to.Ugh. I'll probably do fine on them though.Might put some time in to study AT LEAST math cause i figure I could score a lot of easy points on math if i just put some time into relearning some of the stuff i forgot.

And at studly: My friends and i actually thought of the same thing, we just haven't asked AJ yet. He's a pretty cool guy though so i think we have a good chance of using GS to play. Although, I can see him having a problem with it if he has staffing issues or if idk,he doesnt want to setup another tv or setting up the projector again or something hahaha. But he's also all about letting us do our own thing,and if someone was willing to supply their own wiis/tvs and all that crap,then that would definitely get you on his good side and probably increase the chances of him letting us use his place. Although,idk if we even need another tv or not but just saying,haha.

Also thanks for the comment about my IC,haha. I cant wait to use them in a "real" tournament with cps and everything. Last tournament was all smashville and hardly official hahaha. That being said,it was loads of fun
yea i remember seeing a list or something there saying theres like a 1-5$ fee per hour if u want to use the backroom for gaming at GS.

studly

Smash Ace
yea i remember seeing a list or something there saying theres like a 1-5$ fee per hour if u want to use the backroom for gaming at GS.
seriously thats awesome.. we can definitely get that much.. and with it being at GS we can probably get him to do his regular advertising

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
For future tournaments with serious rulesets and everything, GS sounds like the place to do it at...although we wouldn't be able to have THAT large of a tournament I'm guessing, unless the room you guys are talking about is rather big? What I'm thinking of right now is a room that could hold 16-20 people COMFORTABLY, correct me if I'm wrong?

Dart

Smash Lord
well it looks like we're just gonna meet up at rashads so just text/call me if you need directions or more info.

studly

Smash Ace
ill probably talk to him when im in pekin next... which is fairly often since my girlfriend lives there.. but honestly man im not ready to host another one yet

D

Deleted member

hahaha EP i was about to ask the same thing. And im so itchin for another brawl tourny!
btw,is anyone going to the street fighter tournament this saturday? I assume you at least are, studly?

D

Deleted member

gamers sanctuary on 360,at 12,this saturday haha. And yeah im coming,although i will probably suck cause i havent played for awhile but if i get the chance to warm up at a friends house i should be good to go haha

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
If I get the time to actually practice some SFIV, I'll probably go as well...

Josh is a ***** at this game though, no way you SRK cancel into Ultra by button mashing, lying piece of ****!

Dart

Smash Lord
sorry david i really did button mash though...now i can actually do it at will :p you guys are going down this weekend :D

D

Deleted member

Not unless my Dhalsim has something to say about it haha. Ill probably still lose though unless i get some serious practicing in. He's like wayyy low tier now....

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Honestly, tiers aren't that big of a deal in SFIV. God tier Sagat vs. bottom tier Vega is only a 7-3, which is probably the closest it's been between the best character and the worst character. All of Dhalsim's matches are actually close to 5-5, he's not that bad tbh. Watch some combofiend, his Dhalsim rapessss...

I'm still trying to find a main *sigh*

studly

Smash Ace
Not unless my Dhalsim has something to say about it haha. Ill probably still lose though unless i get some serious practicing in. He's like wayyy low tier now....
dude there are only two or three characters in this game worth calling low tier

Dan and Vega and maybe guile
dhalsim is not that bad> proper zoning and that teleport is really annoying... most the matchups in thegame are 5:5 6:4 with 7:3 for the top tier against the bottom tier characters... accept dan has like 1:9against everyone

but ill get ***** this saturday... yeah im real lazy... too lazy to practice this game before the tournamnet since im allready playing melee right now

ill probbably go Guile and << > WP

Seriously though Hastule... you should play melee along with brawl

D

Deleted member

yes i know,im still being pressured to play melee by my friends hahaha. And yeah i actually did read just today that many of dhalsims matchups are 50:50. I thought that was pretty cool. Also fortunately for me my friend is letting me borrow his xbox till saturday or so, so i will get to practice some before the tournament. And yeah ive seen some combo video's,they're pretty sick hahaha.

Top Bottom