• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
you guys should just start saving money now for pound 4. im going even if no1 in my crew is coming with me.

very funny gooey

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
There's not going to be enough competition at Pound 4 to warrant me going all the way to Maryland to participate =/. Sorry, I'd love to go...but I'm already pushing it by more than likely going to Orlando in January for the MLG National Championships..

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I don't really see what the big deal is if Smash is MLG or not...really, the fighter genre isn't meant for MLG if you ask me, fighters are so much more underground. Plus, we don't have nearly as many people in this genre that are willing to travel across country for events compared to FPS, especially because the payout would be worse compared to their flagship game. For example, take a look at the SFIV scene. Justin Wong frequents a few MLG events to represent Empire Arcadia but they're not willing to partner with MLG because they don't like the way fighters would be represented according to how the fighter community is used to tournaments. I just honestly can't see fighters getting introduced into MLG for another year or two at least. It's still worth practicing for tourneys though because MLG or not, there still is prizes for getting first, second, etc...

I'd love for fighters to get into MLG though >=P. I miss the days of there being elite pros who consistently stayed at the top like Chillin, Azen, Ken, PC Chris, Chu Dat, etc. Now it's just like M2K, Mango, probably Armada, Hungrybox, then the rest are rather random with Zhu slowly started to become hella consistent. Falcos are on the rise >_>

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
MLG + Smash = Better players, more sponsers, and more popularity for smash. I take it casual, so don't really caree if there is more this or that...

btw, reneblade, u find a replacement yet? I want that god **** crew battle.

studly

Smash Ace
I don't really see what the big deal is if Smash is MLG or not...really, the fighter genre isn't meant for MLG if you ask me, fighters are so much more underground.
its sotra cool that way too... tho i wouldnt mind some respect for smash again.. but thats not gona happen with brawl matches being so horribly borring to watch :(

melee is so fun to watch omg
Scar vs Jman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-9toHsLCDQ&feature=related

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
alright guys, TIMS 3 is less than a week away. better be ready and be owning! So the game plan on getting there is: Legion and whoever is going with studly; Me, Sean, Kreig, and Josh are going with David; and Drake (jp) or whoever is going with shad. : Confirmation?

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
It's not confirmed that Grant is taking Rashad. He might still be riding with me, which might present a problem...unless you and Sean just go with Legion & Studly.

Dart

Smash Lord
idk if im still going. Im having alot of issues.\

EDIT: F-u-c-k the johns im going. whats good? get hype son!

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
hey guys, what day of this week are u guys free. We should all get together before TIMS3. I finally got my recording stuff togethor (with commetnary =D). Thursday Friday? What time? I'm free mainly on friday. We could all get together or w/e 5-8 Friday? Yay or nay? I'll talk to Shad and Sam about it. I'm not sure if Sam even checks this anymore.

Dart

Smash Lord
hey guys, what day of this week are u guys free. We should all get together before TIMS3. I finally got my recording stuff togethor (with commetnary =D). Thursday Friday? What time? I'm free mainly on friday. We could all get together or w/e 5-8 Friday? Yay or nay? I'll talk to Shad and Sam about it. I'm not sure if Sam even checks this anymore.
how bout we all meet up at one persons house and chill there til the next day and head over at the same time

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
that works, but we can't stay up late. My place prolly, friday. starting at 5. sound good?

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Lmao, I have work Friday 11-2 then 5-8

Rashad says he doesn't have work tomorrow...I might hit him up after my exam/hanging with classmates if they decide to go out and eat again rofl.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Shad and Kreig are going with David, and now i have no idea if Sean wants to go... but yea, ppl, come over friday 5 or later. I might need a ride from u lucas.

Anyone know who DaDramaKid is? He's from peoria.

studly

Smash Ace
ive never heard of him.. but we should totally recruit him.. actually i have a friend named Joe who might be interested in coming and playing with us sometime.

and yeah anthony idk yet how this is gona work.. perferably well ride in cookies van but idk yet.. my van sucks so i honestly dont feel like taking it but either way we can fit you in

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
good job guys, we're definately getting better. btw, lucas, ur book is at my place. stop by anytime. call me frist ofc. uploading vids, and yea i don't get post counts from this so idc if i dub post. =P

I think i'm changing my name to AnDaLe? What do you think.?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpTBRVVPDuk Evansville you there? lmao

Edit: videos uploaded

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
So what the next big tournament? Josh said it was at purdue or something.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Jab 2 @ purdue

ive never seen so many SD's.

Ur Twin Towers 1 vids im talking about

also dart, you vs BP ending pissed me off so much.

Top Bottom