• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People quitting Sonic?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That was posted a couple of hours before midnight EST... I acknowledge it might've already been April Fool's in some parts of the world, but just for the benefit of doubt... yeah...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
X was just reading the tier list upside down, when he notices he didn't actually pick up a better character, he'll go back to Sonic.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
@Kinzer: Do people not make an Aprils Fool joke before (whilst closely leading up to) the April Fools Day anyway?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I may quit sonic as well:laugh:
April fools, i guess

Edit:Wedge got teh dou post x Spam= =o

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
@Kinzer: Do people not make an Aprils Fool joke before (whilst closely leading up to) the April Fools Day anyway?
I'm not sure; all I know is that this time of the year you want to be on your toes... my own conscious played a trick on me in my dreams when I I wake up today to an aching head. I think what I did was jump in my dream and I must've hit my head against the wall when I did that. =(

me and X had a convo, and all i can say is that he wants that MAYLAY FALCON.
We all want May-Lay Falcon back. :(

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'll always main Sonic. I just don't do anything >_<

:093:

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
Sawnik rules all....

This is my 100th post...

I use it to say, I lawv Sawnik... I am the only one representing him here in PR, everyone tries to get me to not use him, but seriously this game would either be too slow or just boring.... Sonic makes this game FUN!!!!! But, I don't really care about winning so...

I dunno... Don't drop Sonic...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Holy crap of all lies it had to be LOLimar? I hate that character so much it makes no sense why the @#$% he's in this game alongside with R.O.B.; Probably other characters I hate/make no sense either but it's those two that pop to my mind first without having to look at the CSS for reference.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I for one don't plan on quitting sonic for multpile reasons. one of them is he's just too good, he's got that sense that he stands out from the others characters IDK what it is but he just seems like a character you just know has potential.

We also have yet to truly understand him fully, I mean sure we know ALOT about sonic's moves and there properties but we have yet to truly upgrade his game and Use his moves in different ways. I just know that sonic's definitely not a middle and below tier character, he just has so much going for him that he deserves someday to be high middle tier or very close. He has totally untapped into potential that we will understand sooner or later. Becuz with the ever changing metagame of brawl comes newer and better things.

Like take melee for example the metagame for it has changed alot over the past few years so who knows how the metagame change for brawl could effect how we play sonic and what we do differently. All i'm trying to get at is theres more to sonic's gameplay then we know and it's just a matter of when and who will figure out what else there is so giving up so early is just saying you wasted 2 years of your life practicing with a brawl character you chose to quit due to not being patient. And watch one day when the character you quit becomes something better then what he is now you'll wish you'd never had left.

Jash

Smash Lord
I love this community and I respect you guys for using your character the way you do.

I know however my character ***** Sonic, I play Wes and he doesn't go Sonic against me because all I do is
all day and it's tough getting around that. However there is a a way around everything so there's no need to
just step up your game and eventually you'll become

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
I love this community and I respect you guys for using your character the way you do.

I know however my character ***** Sonic, I play Wes and he doesn't go Sonic against me because all I do is
all day and it's tough getting around that. However there is a a way around everything so there's no need to
Jaaaaaash <3
You still got me @ that MD tourney you went to. Wes should go sonic to get around it though, it probably could be done. (not saying that it can), it would take alot of patience and maybe a timeout. Its that very thing that makes people want to quit sonic, as its extremely hard to do certain mu's/player skill/ yada yada. Doesnt mean im giving up though. I just got ***** @ this smashfest i went to because my crewmate knows what I do and stuff...gotta get better, nothing else to do. quitting is not an option for me.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Not sure how well Jerm stacks up to other Toon Links, but I played him awhile back (~2 weeks ago), and it went all the way down to the final hit of the final game.

At least from that experience, I say that the Toon Link match up is entirely doable, just incredibly annoying.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I recently picked up Sonic (February actually I used him in pools and on...). He's a fun secondary really, but he covers no matchups of mine. It'd make more sense if I seconded Diddy Kong, but I don't really like Diddy Kong as much as my other favorites (Sonic, Pit)...

I also find the Wario VS Sonic Matchup really fun, since I know Wario inside out, I can face him with a lot of my favorites and do reasonably well. I love using my bike-prowess against a Wario when they recover LOL!

I will not quit using Sonic in pools, gotta rep him a bit because he's my favorite, but I will definitely one day see if he is competitively viable at all to me (I mean in my own skill, not the character itself, I know where he's at...)

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Honestly Sonic is just an average/sucky character with lots of little gimmicks here and there. Those combined with his dash and recovery makes him seem fun at first, but when you play smart opponents you’ll find most of those gimmicks don’t work. Then you’re left with an average character prone to being shut down etc, etc.

If you don’t enjoy playing the character or you want to win you change characters, simple as that really.

Top Bottom