• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People need to stop saying there is no action replay for the wii....

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Yes, I said that too, and got bashed for it. I found one at Walmart the other day, so you can pick it up in retails...

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Hopefully there will be a code for making random online games into stock matches, like there was in MPH.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Are you sure?

I checked the Codejunkies site, and it doesn't say anything about it.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The issue is more will it work with Nintendo's WFC system more so then the rest of it really

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I thought it had, which would explain why it's not on the code junkies website. However unless someone can find proof, I'd give it a shot, but just keep the reciept ;)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
If it's not AR max/plus/whatever it won't have Brawl codes. It needs to be the one where you enter the codes.

Brawler2008

Smash Cadet
Ar

Ok im a noob....
What does it do?

Its like a mega-cheat code device. You can get cheat codes online and type the code in for the cheat code you want... and the action replay comes already loaded with some cheat codes. The cheat codes they have for the game varies from game to game. Also, to get a lot of codes at one time you can hook it up to your computer and download a bunch of codes at one time

xl Lan lx

Smash Apprentice
@ Riolu

LOL probably... not gonna buy it now that I remembered the updates. (Wasn't in the first place, but now I really don't want to!)

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
That ones dead...they made a "dev kit" though that does the SAME FREAKING THING.

...Its just that your Wii gets connected to your computer, and the program gets updated with each "firmware" update.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
I hate people who use AR online... hope it doesn't happen again...

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
I didn't want to use AR to cheat. I wanted to use it for frame data on moves and such. Just to help my game a lil. But I hate cheating just has much as the next person. But the updates might stop me from getting it anyways.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Uhm, I thought that was a GC AR that worked on Wii with very fooling packaging, not an actual Wii AR. I would have heard about this before.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I didn't want to use AR to cheat. I wanted to use it for frame data on moves and such. Just to help my game a lil. But I hate cheating just has much as the next person. But the updates might stop me from getting it anyways.
Oh god that is so boring.

AR is cool for doing crazy stuff (not cheating) but wow check frame data? BOOOORING.

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Oh god that is so boring.

AR is cool for doing crazy stuff (not cheating) but wow check frame data? BOOOORING.
not everything in life is about entertaining you, my little friend.

and there's nothing which says he can't check frame data and do crazy stuff as well, if he so choses.

Zodiac

Smash Master
It dosnt matter because you cant add codes to that version, I fear that AR will be rendered useless if you want to do anything of purpose

Dbsg

Smash Cadet
I knew there was gonna be an action replay 4 the wii for all those who said there wouldnt in one of my threads.

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
Meh. Provided people still gain damage when I hit them, I don't really care what they do to their games.

dzlotus

Smash Rookie
Although the action replay may have been disabled, there will absolutely be hackers on the SSBB multiplayer service.

The fact that people have figured out how to exploit the disc encryption system for the wii(which nintendo probably won't fix) and already edited simple files means that it is only a matter of time before people figure out more complicated systems and exploit them for their own advantage.

Enjoy the cheat-free time you have with brawl for a few precious months following release. After that, expect every 3rd auto-matchmaking opportunity to result in some sort of f'ed up experience.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Although the action replay may have been disabled, there will absolutely be hackers on the SSBB multiplayer service.

The fact that people have figured out how to exploit the disc encryption system for the wii(which nintendo probably won't fix) and already edited simple files means that it is only a matter of time before people figure out more complicated systems and exploit them for their own advantage.

Enjoy the cheat-free time you have with brawl for a few precious months following release. After that, expect every 3rd auto-matchmaking opportunity to result in some sort of f'ed up experience.

However,cheating will be at a minimal this time around thanks to the friendcode.And for starters guys,do you know most cheaters DONT use Action Reply,Gamesharks and the like to cheat? The smart ones use 3rd party programs running from there PC/Laptops to bypass things like DNAS to use whatever other programs they have to modify the game.As long as a cpu type connection is avaliable(in Wii's case,its similar to the PS2's USB ports),expect to see cheaters in the coming months once programs get released.

It sucks,I know,but wtf can you do? Not even Ken himself can combo though someone that cant be seen. :laugh:

dzlotus

Smash Rookie
However,cheating will be at a minimal this time around thanks to the friendcode.And for starters guys,do you know most cheaters DONT use Action Reply,Gamesharks and the like to cheat? The smart ones use 3rd party programs running from there PC/Laptops to bypass things like DNAS to use whatever other programs they have to modify the game.As long as a cpu type connection is avaliable(in Wii's case,its similar to the PS2's USB ports),expect to see cheaters in the coming months once programs get released.
Cheating in non-auto matchmaking(friend codes) will be almost non-existant.

But, the people who get a giggle out of ****ing with other people will ruin the auto-matchmaking by basically causing the games to crash or just be ****ed up in general. Editing the network stream will only get you so far(and if the game was designed with security in mind, almost nowhere). The majority of cheating will happen via modchips and actual file editing.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Cheating in non-auto matchmaking(friend codes) will be almost non-existant.

But, the people who get a giggle out of ****ing with other people will ruin the auto-matchmaking by basically causing the games to crash or just be ****ed up in general. Editing the network stream will only get you so far(and if the game was designed with security in mind, almost nowhere). The majority of cheating will happen via modchips and actual file editing.
Yeah,thats what I was hinting at.But dude,lol.The "Smart" cheaters arent gonna modchip there Wii's because of the updates that happen every so often.What they are gonna do is hook up a Laptop program via USB cord,edit files with downloaded BS ones and replace the originals.Those types are the ones that are gonna be the A holes,not the mods.

Top Bottom